Post Reply 4350 posts
FYI !!!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: FYI !!!

by KDibildeaux » Sat May 04, 2013 10:14 am

vikingbitch wrote:http://www.furia.com/misc/genremaps/engenremap.html

This is so cool. For genre whores.

Wtf? it listed Sentenced as folk metal and viking metal, among a bunch of others that fit a bit more :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat May 04, 2013 10:21 am

KDibildeaux wrote:

Wtf? it listed Sentenced as folk metal and viking metal, among a bunch of others that fit a bit more :lol:

Yeah... I just saw Hammerfall under the melodic death metal category... the balls... :bitch:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat May 04, 2013 10:22 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

Yeah... I just saw Hammerfall under the melodic death metal category... the balls... :bitch:

Maybe some of the creators were smoking the crack :lol:

CRACK IS WHACK!!!!!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat May 04, 2013 1:37 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

Hammerfall's too br00tal for you death metal weenies :death:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Sat May 04, 2013 8:57 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

Maybe I should go check the Grindcore section for Rhapsody.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun May 05, 2013 11:42 am

Cinco de mayo challenge: 5 shots of mayonnaise... drink up!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Sun May 05, 2013 7:18 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Cinco de mayo challenge: 5 shots of mayonnaise... drink up!

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. That would explain the mariachi guys in Davis Square this afternoon.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 pm

sageoftruth wrote:
    Maybe I should go check the Grindcore section for Rhapsody.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That made me chuckle about as much as this did:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/blogs/sounddiego/Local-Musician-Accused-of-Murder-for-Hire-Plot-206520101.html

“Beause that’s what [As I Lay Dying] are: a straight-edged Christian metal band"

Can't... stop... laughing...
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri May 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Okay, this has been killing me for years. I KNEW this was a stock scream, and I hear it in damn near every movie, and it cracks me up every damn time. The oldest movie I knew of that had it was Star Wars, but evidently, The Wilhelm Scream is older.

So happy to finally know this. So weird.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri May 10, 2013 8:47 pm

EvilDan wrote:Okay, this has been killing me for years. I KNEW this was a stock scream, and I hear it in damn near every movie, and it cracks me up every damn time. The oldest movie I knew of that had it was Star Wars, but evidently, The Wilhelm Scream is older.

:lol: I watched that very clip a couple of years ago! Can't remember where I saw the link to it, but it was some article about famous recordings.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat May 11, 2013 3:23 am

mooyagi wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Okay, this has been killing me for years. I KNEW this was a stock scream, and I hear it in damn near every movie, and it cracks me up every damn time. The oldest movie I knew of that had it was Star Wars, but evidently, The Wilhelm Scream is older.

:lol: I watched that very clip a couple of years ago! Can't remember where I saw the link to it, but it was some article about famous recordings.

Cracked?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat May 11, 2013 7:10 am

X-Thor wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Cracked?

That's a possibility
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon May 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Yeah, cracked would mention something like that. I learned about it from Team Four Star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMGdnof2Vfc

Funny stuff.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 13, 2013 12:45 pm

:lol: Yeah I definitely knew it was stock I didn't know it had a name. There's a laugh that I hear all the time as well that I first remember hearing in roller coaster tycoon.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue May 14, 2013 4:16 am

awesome about the A Canorous Quintet reissue... criminally under-rated band!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri May 17, 2013 10:32 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:It's about 22C here, sillyness, where's my winter??
    :bitch:

31C right now with a high of 35. Going to be even hotter over the 10 day forecast. Bye bye, relatively cooler weather. :bitch:
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri May 17, 2013 5:58 pm

mooyagi wrote:

31C right now with a high of 35. Going to be even hotter over the 10 day forecast. Bye bye, relatively cooler weather. :bitch:

Yep. Bye bye. I certainly won't be missing it.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat May 18, 2013 4:57 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Yep. Bye bye. I certainly won't be missing it.

Bring it!

Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat May 18, 2013 6:03 am

Moving was a fucking disaster. The apartment had a scorpion infestation, a backwards floor plan from what we were told, smaller square footage even though we were told it was the exact same model as our last apartment, and red accent walls... which was not contracted. We ended up relocating to my parent's house. Fuck.
    Then, the movers destroyed my media shelf, so now my massive CD collection will sit in bins until they replace it. And they made my brand new king mattress into a cactus by putting wood splinters all down the side of it.
    Today is the 13th day this has gone unresolved and I'm getting impatient.
    Also, the fucking bank is dragging their feet about approving me for a loan and the dealership hasn't sent me a temp plate renewal. Nor do they return my calls. :evil: :evil: :evil:
    That's the bitching part.
    On the bright side, we signed a new lease at a better place moving in June 1 and it's 0.8 miles from my work.
    So if the dealership takes the car back, so be it, I don't need it and I hope they do.
    Also, the apartment is bigger and on the second floor, which is fantastic.
    And finally, I'm saving a bunch of money living at home for a month which is helping pay off the cruise.
    I've also taken on a shitload of new responsibilities at work, which is a good thing. My bosses love me right now. :mrgreen:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat May 18, 2013 6:18 am

Oh, and since some of you probably don't know yet, this is the forumite formerly known as SlaytanicE21.

:viking:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat May 18, 2013 10:58 am

Malaka wrote:Moving was a fucking disaster. The apartment had a scorpion infestation, a backwards floor plan from what we were told, smaller square footage even though we were told it was the exact same model as our last apartment, and red accent walls... which was not contracted. We ended up relocating to my parent's house. Fuck.
    Then, the movers destroyed my media shelf, so now my massive CD collection will sit in bins until they replace it. And they made my brand new king mattress into a cactus by putting wood splinters all down the side of it.
    Also, the fucking bank is dragging their feet about approving me for a loan and the dealership hasn't sent me a temp plate renewal. Nor do they return my calls. :evil: :evil: :evil:
    On the bright side, we signed a new lease at a better place moving in June 1 and it's 0.8 miles from my work.
    So if the dealership takes the car back, so be it, I don't need it and I hope they do.
    And finally, I'm saving a bunch of money living at home for a month which is helping pay off the cruise.
    I've also taken on a shitload of new responsibilities at work, which is a good thing. My bosses love me right now. :mrgreen:

Oh man! Sorry to hear that your moving was such a mess but good to see that things are getting resolved! Now you need to come down next week for Opeth/Katatonia!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat May 18, 2013 12:21 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Malaka wrote:Moving was a fucking disaster. The apartment had a scorpion infestation, a backwards floor plan from what we were told, smaller square footage even though we were told it was the exact same model as our last apartment, and red accent walls... which was not contracted. We ended up relocating to my parent's house. Fuck.

Oh man! Sorry to hear that your moving was such a mess but good to see that things are getting resolved! Now you need to come down next week for Opeth/Katatonia!

Yup! An Opeth show down in Tucson would be a great way to deal with all that shit. :beerwink:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon May 20, 2013 2:41 am

I just preordered the Jolla phone: http://www.jolla.com

:D
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat May 25, 2013 12:40 pm

Did something impulsive & fun just now - I won't go into all the who, what, when, where, how, & why at the moment - but I just bought my ticket for this fest (April 17-20, 2014) and suffice it to say - this should be big fun!
    http://www.vivalasvegas.net/
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 27, 2013 8:48 am

Has anyone seen this show called "king of the nerds"? Basically a reality game show about this biggest nerds in America. I watched all 8 episodes over the weekend. Fucking great show. They're gonna do a season 2 in early 2014 they said. Anyone who is a nerd (I know there's a LOT of you on this forum) should probably watch this show. Oh yeah one of them is a metalhead and his avatar is him holding a beer cannon.

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue May 28, 2013 1:39 pm

I didn't check how old this was, but this has to be the craziest thing I've seen on the internet today. WTF!?
    *Warning* Don't read this while eating.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/2 ... 43307.html
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue May 28, 2013 2:36 pm

sageoftruth wrote:I didn't check how old this was, but this has to be the craziest thing I've seen on the internet today. WTF!?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue May 28, 2013 4:53 pm

sageoftruth wrote:I didn't check how old this was, but this has to be the craziest thing I've seen on the internet today. WTF!?

I remember reading about that a while back. Article's dated to almost exactly a year ago.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed May 29, 2013 11:27 pm

Norwegian researchers have discovered that mosquitos are more likely to bite horny people. :boobs: :wank: :mrgreen:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu May 30, 2013 6:54 am

Speedy wrote:Norwegian researchers have discovered that mosquitos are more likely to bite horny people. :boobs: :wank: :mrgreen:

So thats why they always bite me and nobody else!
    I always figured it was because they are attracted to the alchohol in your blood.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu May 30, 2013 7:23 am

Speedy wrote:Norwegian researchers have discovered that mosquitos are more likely to bite horny people. :boobs: :wank: :mrgreen:

Better keep a mosquito net around my computer desk.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:04 pm

FYI!!!!

I sure did miss my metal family........
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu May 30, 2013 8:54 pm

debborah1 wrote:FYI!!!!

Maybe you should stop by more often :D
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:26 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:FYI!!!!

And we missed you!

Welcome back and see you on the boat in January :bangers:

YEs sir!....I hope you have been behaving yourself while I was gone........yeah right...
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri May 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Yes, everyone is well-behaved, neutered, and sober.

:gulp:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:20 pm

viathyn wrote:Yes, everyone is well-behaved, neutered, and sober.

:gulp:

YA....AND JAMMIN TO JUSTIN BEIBER!!.....GOT IT
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Okay... Crown Royal Maple....

It took Canadians this long to come up with the fucking obvious? :chug:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:15 pm

EvilDan wrote:Okay... Crown Royal Maple....

It took Canadians this long to come up with the fucking obvious? :chug:

yes and it is fucking glorious :whisky: :chug:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:06 am

I'm still catching up on the Game of Thrones HBO series. I heard they just showed the red wedding part. My mom sent me a funny compilation of reactions from people who hadn't read the book. A bunch of them think this scene was concocted by HBO, rather than George RR Martin and many are even refusing to continue watching it. They think it was some stunt pulled by HBO for the sake of being edgy. I kind of wish I hadn't already read the books so I could be surprised too.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:17 am

I kind of wish I hadn't read the lyrics to "The King In The North" by Seven Kingdoms so I could have been surprised by the book OR the show.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 4350 posts