Post Reply 4350 posts
FYI !!!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: FYI !!!

by X-Thor » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Well, I read the books 1.5 years ago and was still in shock after the episode. It was so awesomely done. Fan reactions are amazing.

Also, maybe we should warn about spoilers? I know there are people who haven't watched the episode yet, so...
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:16 am

X-Thor wrote:Well, I read the books 1.5 years ago and was still in shock after the episode. It was so awesomely done. Fan reactions are amazing.

Also, maybe we should warn about spoilers? I know there are people who haven't watched the episode yet, so...

I don't think anyone's actually said any spoilers, just that something big happens and people's reactions were funny.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:59 am

Stained Class wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Well, I read the books 1.5 years ago and was still in shock after the episode. It was so awesomely done. Fan reactions are amazing.

I don't think anyone's actually said any spoilers, just that something big happens and people's reactions were funny.

Pretty much. They'll find out what "Red Wedding" means in time.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:40 pm

sageoftruth wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Pretty much. They'll find out what "Red Wedding" means in time.

Evil laughter... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:39 pm

My parents came downtown today to meet me for lunch.... we went to Native Foods Cafe - what an awesome place!! Super tasty & super healthy vegan food. Soooo good!!! http://www.nativefoods.com/. Also, they celebrated their 57th wedding anniversary this past week... they were 21 & 22 when married in 1956. Wow...long time! But they are one of the best suited (to one another) couples that I've ever known. :cool:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:01 am

sageoftruth wrote:I'm still catching up on the Game of Thrones HBO series. I heard they just showed the red wedding part. My mom sent me a funny compilation of reactions from people who hadn't read the book. A bunch of them think this scene was concocted by HBO, rather than George RR Martin and many are even refusing to continue watching it. They think it was some stunt pulled by HBO for the sake of being edgy. I kind of wish I hadn't already read the books so I could be surprised too.

GAME OF THRONES SPOILER ALERT!

I was only pissed by how they butchered Robb's wife. In the books, she isn't even in attendance so clearly the choice to take her out with multiple daggers to her belly and unborn wee one were all for the tv series and not part of the written version. The entire scene is such a jaw-dropping and pivotal part of the story but it's impact was somewhat lost (for me anyways) by the unnecessary, graphic depiction of her execution.

Fuck Hollywood :bitch:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:07 pm

I agree Rob. My first words on that scene were "well, she isn't supposed to be there". However, considering that the chick married to Robb is a COMPLETELY fabricated character compared to the one in the books, I'm actually quite pleased that they killed her off :twisted: I was getting very tired of her character. Other than that, I was actually really pleased over all with the Red Wedding; it was probably my most - anticipated scene in the series. There's also an artist named Matteo Bocci who several years ago sent this to Martin as fan art; I've always loved this, it captures the scene perfectly to me.

Is anyone else a little annoyed that Coldhands has not made an appearance in the series? I'm hopeful that they're not going to leave him out, but he technically should have shown up by now :evil:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:02 pm

MAYBE he'll help Bran... Like in Season 6 =P

--
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:45 am

Daenerys wrote:Is anyone else a little annoyed that Coldhands has not made an appearance in the series? I'm hopeful that they're not going to leave him out, but he technically should have shown up by now :evil:

Love that artwork but would like a bit more light shed on the 'musicians' in the rafters. Was disappointed at how that part was played down. Love how, in the book, a couple characters noticed that the 'band' weren't terribly gifted. Then we learned why :lol:

SPOILER ALERT!

As far as I recall, Coldhands first appearance is just very briefly with Sam and Gilly just as they reach the wall which they haven't yet (not counting tonight of course as I've yet to see this week's show) and then isn't really featured until Bran & Co. hook up with him on the other side.

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:53 am

[quote="gnoff_the_creep"]Seems having sex with animals is about to become illegal in Sweden.

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:01 am

So much for my wanting to go to Sweden...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:40 pm

There's another wedding that I'm looking more forward to :D
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Just tried to picture someone marrying an animal that has no idea what a wedding it. I think I need the brain bleach, fast.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:44 pm

Bill or Ryan? I wonder who'll get more use out of this :lol:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:08 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Bill or Ryan? I wonder who'll get more use out of this :lol:

I can't poop in public restrooms. Those toilets scare me. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:02 pm

with my flight benefits I could brown up a good sized map
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:01 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Conversation between my tattoo guy Victor and I today

Victor: You spent the weekend at a metal festival?
    gnoff: Yes!
    Victor: Did you drink an insane amount of beer?
    gnoff: yes?
    Victor: It is just that you bleed like crazy this time, way more than normal.
    gnoff (thinking): oops!

:lol: :lol:

I was wondering if you planned on coloring it in or not. Personally, I think it would look better the way it is but its not my arm. :beerbang:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Gah....since I reconnected with tons of college friends over my past reunion weekend, as well as several high school friends recently - I decided it was finally time to create a facebook account with my real name for my non-metal friends (as well as all my extended family). Here's the deal - I swore I'd never go on fb, but after the first cruise, I decided to join and it has been a ton of fun having a "place" like that to communicate (about metal gigs and such) with metal friends from all over. So, now with two accounts - it is cool to have these two "places" with two relatively different groups of people on each....but I can tell already that if I want to keep up with both - that is a lot. The other downside I realized is that the iPhone fb app can only be logged in to one "account" at a time - wish there was some workaround on that, but don't think there is. Regardless - I'm glad to connect again with so many people - I just have to monitor my time on it and see how this whole 2 account thing pans out. :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:46 pm

^^^^

You are braver than I. I tried it, and I just can't do it. I'll have a rant about it at some point, but I just cannot share that much information. I haven't logged into an account created for me by someone else since before Barge.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:There's another wedding that I'm looking more forward to :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 pm

EvilDan wrote:^^^^

You are braver than I. I tried it, and I just can't do it. I'll have a rant about it at some point, but I just cannot share that much information. I haven't logged into an account created for me by someone else since before Barge.

:P Dan.
    Haha - I guess we're different then about the "sharing info" aspect of facebook - doesn't bother me a bit. Actually - I'm way more TMI (too much info! :lol: ) here overall probably. You don't have a problem with being on here though and it is way more "public," don't ya think??
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 am

So, a local metal friend of mine went to Mojoe's in Joliet (hour from Chicago) last night to see Melechesh and he said there were maybe 60 people there tops. :evil: Why bands are booking that place - I just don't get. I love Melechesh and would have loved to have seen them, but didn't want to hoof it to Joliet, plus I work late on Tuesdays, so I woulda had to change my schedule. In other gig news, another friend and 70K alum told me she wants to see Hawkwind in October with me, so that is way cool - stoked!
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:49 am

There's a big difference in traffic, tracking, audience and explicit data collection, as well as another layer of anonymity. (I could go on forever.)

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:03 am

EvilDan wrote:There's a big difference in traffic, tracking, audience and explicit data collection, as well as another layer of anonymity. (I could go on forever.)

Do tell! (go on forever ;) :P )
    Seriously though, I still don't entirely get your aversion to fb re your "privacy" per se. For example, if I post on my "metal" Laura account (the one I started since the 2011 cruise for metal friends) stuff like song links, pix from gigs and such - do I care (even in the slightest) if that makes my life less private and perhaps even open to some diabolical big brother scrutiny? :P
    Nope.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Laura wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:There's a big difference in traffic, tracking, audience and explicit data collection, as well as another layer of anonymity. (I could go on forever.)

Do tell! (go on forever ;) :P )
    Seriously though, I still don't entirely get your aversion to fb re your "privacy" per se. For example, if I post on my "metal" Laura account (the one I started since the 2011 cruise for metal friends) stuff like song links, pix from gigs and such - do I care (even in the slightest) if that makes my life less private and perhaps even open to some diabolical big brother scrutiny? :P
    Nope.

For reasons, I once deleted about half of my facebook "friends". Ever since, I've been much more aware of the kind of information I post there. I don't mind the government finding out (as a federal employee, I have to give a lot of personal private information), but I do mind certain people knowing about my daily life, habits and whereabouts.

--
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Tell me more. ^^^
    Re whereabouts - a friend who had a few stalkers, this was an issue. Shit - I post so much stuff about what gigs & such I'm at (here & on fb) but srsly don't think/worry about it too much. As far as very personal & private info goes - I don't have (too) much to hide (so to speak) - most of that resides in my head & no where else anyway :twisted: :lol: - so never thought/worried about that too much either.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Laura wrote:Tell me more. ^^^
    Re whereabouts - a friend who had a few stalkers, this was an issue. Shit - I post so much stuff about what gigs & such I'm at (here & on fb) but srsly don't think/worry about it too much. As far as very personal & private info goes - I don't have (too) much to hide (so to speak) - most of that resides in my head & no where else anyway :twisted: :lol: - so never thought/worried about that too much either.

I post a lot about where I've been (like all the cruise-related photos/statuses I've done), but I try to never post stuff about where I'm going to be (other than concerts, I guess). I'm WAAAY more relaxed about it now (which is also why I add pretty much everyone cruise-related).

Also, with the new facebook algorithms that show you the updates from those with whom you have the most contact, I think you just need to use a little bit of common sense and accept that whatever you post on facebook (or tweet, for that matter) is public. So I post mostly silly stuff.

--
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Thanks for the response ^^^.
    So much to say on this perhaps it deserves its own thread (privacy issues/public & private information, surveillance, govt knowledge, info tracking, fb, & so on).
    Just one thought for now - I've attended some programs (given by work security staff and the CPD) about the kind of surveillance & the like (on various levels) that takes place in a big American city like Chicago (particularly since 9/11). It is quite astonishing really...and here's my feeling about it in a nutshell - I am glad it exists. No true personal offense meant to people here like Blumpkin & Dan - but I just feel myself so polar opposite on many things they have issues with.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Laura wrote:Thanks for the response ^^^.
    So much to say on this perhaps it deserves its own thread (privacy issues/public & private information, surveillance, govt knowledge, info tracking, fb, & so on).
    Just one thought for now - I've attended some programs (given by work security staff and the CPD) about the kind of surveillance & the like (on various levels) that takes place in a big American city like Chicago (particularly since 9/11). It is quite astonishing really...and here's my feeling about it in a nutshell - I am glad it exists. No true personal offense meant to people here like Blumpkin & Dan - but I just feel myself so polar opposite on many things they have issues with.

Yeah, I might agree. Though I really can't say, since I don't live in the US.

Btw, I just noticed you have Cat Stevens in your signature. :cheers: :cheers: Nice!

--
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:34 am

Laura, I agree that this is not the place for the discussion. I also agree that we think about things differently. I have a problem with the fundamental beliefs that allow the thoughts presented.

Rather than get into those arguments, let's start simple, with something that actually is on-topic with the thread.
    With Friends Like These

• sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:04 am

EvilDan wrote:Laura, I agree that this is not the place for the discussion. I also agree that we think about things differently. I have a problem with the fundamental beliefs that allow the thoughts presented.

Rather than get into those arguments, let's start simple, with something that actually is on-topic with the thread.
    With Friends Like These

Thanks for the link. I liked it. It was cautionary without ramming anything down your throat. From the sound of it, it seems to concern how much you cherish keeping your shadow info private from those who you friend (I'll need to look up what shadow info comprises of one more time).
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Noticed TEDTalks on Netflix. Interesting information, but just because someone is smart, don't assume they are right.

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Motherfucker Jones from Horrible Bosses is the US President in White House Down...

No wonder your country is fucked.

;)
    9 Time Vet.
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:14 pm

And on and on it goes... :roll:

Thankful that these 2 clowns had no idea what they were doing and allowed RCMP to control their every move so we didn't get a Canadian version of the Boston tragedy.

Beyond all that, I just wish the fucker hadn't had any heavy metal affiliation as I'd just rather we didn't get any more bad press. Why couldn't he have been a country or Bieber fan?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/07/02/bc-victoria-bomb-motivation.html

• sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:07 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:And on and on it goes... :roll:

Thankful that these 2 clowns had no idea what they were doing and allowed RCMP to control their every move so we didn't get a Canadian version of the Boston tragedy.

Beyond all that, I just wish the fucker hadn't had any heavy metal affiliation as I'd just rather we didn't get any more bad press. Why couldn't he have been a country or Bieber fan?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/07/02/bc-victoria-bomb-motivation.html

Wasn't it punk? Not that many people notice the difference.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:25 pm

sageoftruth wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:And on and on it goes... :roll:

Wasn't it punk? Not that many people notice the difference.

The televised story I watched here called it 'Satanic Rock' and he co-wrote songs titled "In League With Satan" (not sure if cover of Venom or title rip-off), "End of the World", "Doom Machine" and something else somewhat metal sounding but I couldn't actually hear any of the music so can't say what it sounded like.

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:42 am

Marco Aro has rejoined The Haunted as vocalist... maybe they can finally put out another good record?!
    Last edited by DrinkMoxie on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:20 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:apparently Amon Amarth hit spot 19 of the US billboard top 200, yay

me, I got drunk, yay

#9 in Canada! Love the Bonus disc....some great influenced tunes.
    9 Time Vet.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:16 am

Growling Mariah Carey at a karaoke bar in Kyoto makes the Japanese (and everyone else) look seriously surprised.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:29 am

From the 70,000 Tons of Metal FAQ:
    Can I attend if I am pregnant or just had a baby?

Guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour will NOT be permitted to sail. Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least six (6) months old as of the first day of the cruise. For more information on the infant policy please view the Age Requirements.

From gnoff's calculations, the cutoff for the 24 weeks rule was August 16. It is now August 27 and I've yet to "slip one past the goalie" (as Kevin would put it), so it's looking more likely that Mere and I will be joining everyone in January! :wank:

Of course, some kick ass announcements would help with getting us to book as well. ;)
Post Reply 4350 posts