Post Reply 4350 posts
FYI !!!
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: FYI !!!

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:30 am

Bentz! wrote:From the 70,000 Tons of Metal FAQ:
    Can I attend if I am pregnant or just had a baby?

Guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour will NOT be permitted to sail. Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least six (6) months old as of the first day of the cruise. For more information on the infant policy please view the Age Requirements.

From gnoff's calculations, the cutoff for the 24 weeks rule was August 16. It is now August 27 and I've yet to "slip one past the goalie" (as Kevin would put it), so it's looking more likely that Mere and I will be joining everyone in January! :wank:

Of course, some kick ass announcements would help with getting us to book as well. ;)

Woo! You guys coming is as good as any announcement :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:02 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:From the 70,000 Tons of Metal FAQ:
    Can I attend if I am pregnant or just had a baby?

Guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour will NOT be permitted to sail. Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least six (6) months old as of the first day of the cruise. For more information on the infant policy please view the Age Requirements.

From gnoff's calculations, the cutoff for the 24 weeks rule was August 16. It is now August 27 and I've yet to "slip one past the goalie" (as Kevin would put it), so it's looking more likely that Mere and I will be joining everyone in January! :wank:

Of course, some kick ass announcements would help with getting us to book as well. ;)

Woo! You guys coming is as good as any announcement :mrgreen:

Actually, them not coming seems to be the announcement here ;) :wank:

Wouldn't be a cruise without them. Glad it's still a possibility :party:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Woo! You guys coming is as good as any announcement :mrgreen:

Actually, them not coming seems to be the announcement here ;) :wank:

Wouldn't be a cruise without them. Glad it's still a possibility :party:

:lol: I went and reread that to make sure I read it right, it took me along time to get that one :wank: :wank:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:07 am

I was in chorus rehearsal yesterday. We do a variety of music, ranging from contemporary, to classical, to foreign to jazz, etc. Anyway, I noticed recently that most of our religious songs are Christian, unsurprisingly, thanks to the slew of sources history has provided for such music. Since I've been reading Mists of Avalon, I thought it would be neat to find a traditional Britain folk song about the Goddess for my chorus.
    I've been searching the net and so far I've only found bands playing their own modern music about it. Considering how effectively the Romans managed to stamp out the druidic faith, I wouldn't be surprised if no such music exists anymore. Still, it would be an interesting change of pace.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:52 pm

I've always been anti-Windows (not as much as anti-Apple though), but the touch screen GUI of W8 is pretty nice. Just got me an Acer W700 tablet with a Bluetooth keyboard and the real W8, not RT, as the OS. I like it. Will definitely replace my old laptop AND my Asus Transformer Prime Android tablet. Well, that was the reason I got it in the first place. Ok, yeah, I wanted to get me a new toy as well. :lol:
    The only negative thing I've noticed is the lack of touch-optimized software for the OS. Google's Chrome is hideous.

Anyone know of any have to have software for W8 - that is optimized for touch screens?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:37 pm

http://www.rememberthe13th.com/

Anyone know anything about this. Hector posted it on facebook.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:59 pm

^ My guess would be single cell organisms on Titan or Europa but I havent been following anything NASA. Might want to now though, this peaks my curiosity.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Stained Class wrote:http://www.rememberthe13th.com/

:P

OR:

:pound:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicide Angels
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:53 am

Probably a hoax. Or band announcements.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:23 am

So Star One will be visible at that time!?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:38 am

Monmisreal wrote:So Star One will be visible at that time!?

I like that.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:12 pm

mooyagi wrote:Probably a hoax. Or band announcements.

2 of the same thing?
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:35 am

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/10/04/remember_the_13th_viral_marketing_silliness.html

Move it along, nothing to see here. :lol:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Yeah that's what I figured
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:44 am

I had a moral dilemma yesterday evening. I was riding the train and there were these two wierdos riding in it. Clearly all eyes on the train were on them. One guy had a tan trenchcoat, no shirt, low-hanging shorts and white shorts underneath that were fastened at the waist, making them stick out above the other pair of shorts.

Anyway, they were causing a scene, dancing around the train, rapping, and some other stuff. I was listening to my music and tried to ignore them, but suddenly I noticed them having a loud angry dispute with this old man. Several times, one would rush up to assault him, only to be held back by the first guy. One of them kept calling the old guy "nigga" even though no one in the confrontation was black. Anyway, I soon found out they were mad at him because the old man had taken a picture of them with his phone and refused to erase it. I had to admit, I thought the punks had the moral high ground in that case, but it was really hard for me to side with them.

As I left the station, the punks met up with some other friends of theirs and pointed out the old man as he was leaving. They followed him and I did not want to be the guy who witnessed an assault and did nothing, so I followed too. Only one of them moved in and tried to attack him. I ran up and shouted, "If you assault that man, I'm calling the cops. Now, get out of here!" In the end, I felt a ton of regret. The old man still got to walk away with the picture. Even though they shouldn't have resorted to intimidation and violence, the outcome probably didn't feel just to the other party. Looking back, I wish I had at least spoken to the old man to see if I could talk him into erasing the picture without using coercion. I probably won't see those punks again, but if I wasn't worried about getting a revenge beating, I wish I could apologize.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:20 pm

sageoftruth wrote:I had a moral dilemma yesterday evening. I was riding the train and there were these two wierdos riding in it. Clearly all eyes on the train were on them. One guy had a tan trenchcoat, no shirt, low-hanging shorts and white shorts underneath that were fastened at the waist, making them stick out above the other pair of shorts.

Anyway, they were causing a scene, dancing around the train, rapping, and some other stuff. I was listening to my music and tried to ignore them, but suddenly I noticed them having a loud angry dispute with this old man. Several times, one would rush up to assault him, only to be held back by the first guy. One of them kept calling the old guy "nigga" even though no one in the confrontation was black. Anyway, I soon found out they were mad at him because the old man had taken a picture of them with his phone and refused to erase it. I had to admit, I thought the punks had the moral high ground in that case, but it was really hard for me to side with them.

As I left the station, the punks met up with some other friends of theirs and pointed out the old man as he was leaving. They followed him and I did not want to be the guy who witnessed an assault and did nothing, so I followed too. Only one of them moved in and tried to attack him. I ran up and shouted, "If you assault that man, I'm calling the cops. Now, get out of here!" In the end, I felt a ton of regret. The old man still got to walk away with the picture. Even though they shouldn't have resorted to intimidation and violence, the outcome probably didn't feel just to the other party. Looking back, I wish I had at least spoken to the old man to see if I could talk him into erasing the picture without using coercion. I probably won't see those punks again, but if I wasn't worried about getting a revenge beating, I wish I could apologize.

I'd say that (a) violence is not cool and (b) if you're at a public place, you risk getting photographed. I mean, there are security cameras everywhere and stuff like that... Those guys could have asked nicely.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:32 am

X-Thor wrote:
    I'd say that (a) violence is not cool and (b) if you're at a public place, you risk getting photographed. I mean, there are security cameras everywhere and stuff like that... Those guys could have asked nicely.

Very true. They were utter imbeciles and only seemed to know how to get things by shouting, posing, and making threats. I personally don't care about being watched on camera or photographed, but at the time I felt hesitant to support it. I would like to know what he plans to do with that photograph. Also, he seemed pretty confident throughout the experience. I wonder if he was some ex-marine. Maybe it was the punk that I saved from a trip to the hospital. :lol:

Anyway, I shared everything with my therapist today. He suggests that I may be getting too hung up on the matter and could benefit from learning to accept the ambivalence of life. I tend to get very uncomfortable when things aren't cut and dry. Part of why I shun politics.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:34 am

I never cared much for "you might be a redneck" jokes, but someone just made them better by changing the setting slightly, and providing us with gems like this:
    "If your nervous system gets wired into a tank for battling back the Organic Front and you can only make left turns...you might be a redneck."

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/jeff ... ngularity/
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:42 am

Time for gay people to un-gay themselves, everyone. Someone in Nigeria has "scientifically" proven that it's unnatural. :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/16/nigerian-student-gay-marriage_n_3934518.html
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:14 am

sageoftruth wrote:Time for gay people to un-gay themselves, everyone. Someone in Nigeria has "scientifically" proven that it's unnatural. :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/16/nigerian-student-gay-marriage_n_3934518.html

HAHAHAHAH that's amazing. And he could win a nobel prize...fuck the world man, just fuck it.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:04 am

Stained Class wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:Time for gay people to un-gay themselves, everyone. Someone in Nigeria has "scientifically" proven that it's unnatural. :lol:

HAHAHAHAH that's amazing. And he could win a nobel prize...fuck the world man, just fuck it.

Wait! You really think he could? I just thought he was setting himself up to become a global laughingstock.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:09 am

Then again, maybe he will win a Nobel prize for encouraging the rest of the world to help fund better schooling in Nigeria.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:59 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Wait! You really think he could? I just thought he was setting himself up to become a global laughingstock.

No it said in the article that he could win a nobel prize. Not sure if it was for this or something else he did but obviously most people are going to think he's an idiot after this.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Guys, I think more spam will pop up when those threads get more views/replies. I'm not sure how it works but I try not to click in those threads.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:54 pm

Stained Class wrote:Guys, I think more spam will pop up when those threads get more views/replies. I'm not sure how it works but I try not to click in those threads.

You mean the one that has many replies?

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:10 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Guys, I think more spam will pop up when those threads get more views/replies. I'm not sure how it works but I try not to click in those threads.

yeah. Just saying, I think when you reply it encourages the bots to come here more.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

yeah. Just saying, I think when you reply it encourages the bots to come here more.

Probably true... Still, it seems like a fun thing to do. At least until this drought is over. :P

--
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:12 pm

:lol: As punishment for not announcing bands we should reply to all of them!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Stained Class wrote::lol: As punishment for not announcing bands we should reply to all of them!

Besides, you know, maybe they do have good deals on kitchens. :lol: :lol:

--
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:49 am

Just posting to drown out the kitchens
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:19 am

Holy fuck. There are 3 PAGES of kitchen threads right now :lol: Mods, where are you??!! We need you!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:16 am

Stained Class wrote:Holy fuck. There are 3 PAGES of kitchen threads right now :lol: Mods, where are you??!! We need you!!

Fuck da kitchens.

--
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:54 am

You know, guys, burying the kitchen spam on page two of the forum isn't helping. What it does is making the mods work harder to spot the spam. So, how about using the "report spam" option on those post/threads? :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 am

Memnoch wrote:You know, guys, burying the kitchen spam on page two of the forum isn't helping. What it does is making the mods work harder to spot the spam. So, how about using the "report spam" option on those post/threads? :beerwink:

It's not hard to find... It'll be back with a vengeance in no time...

(Also, I usually report the spam, unless I see it has a "high" click count, in which case I just assume someone elese did)

--
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Bitchin rhymes with kitchen... Just sayin'

:lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Laura wrote:Bitchin rhymes with kitchen... Just sayin'

:lol:

So we're bitchin 'bout the kitchens, while watching all the kittens. We should be wearing mittens.

I'm such a good poet. :cool:

:lol: :lol:

--
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:09 am

A week from tomorrow my family & I are attending a birthday party for my brother-in-law's grandma. She is turning 100 years old. :headbanger: I've known this woman & have been to many family events with her ever since my sister & brother-in-law were married in 1979. Well, if I make it to 100 (which I hope to - ha), I'd love to be like her: physically quite well (although she moves slowly & is a bit hunched over), no significant memory loss, has an upbeat attitude, lives in her own home (with her 89 year old husband; her 3rd :P - the previous two died), still does all of her own cooking (and she is a great cook!), has a strong network of family & friends (many who are decades younger than she is!). Wow - this woman is amazing. Happy bitthday, Grandma Bea!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:39 pm

A friend of mine's birthday is a month before mine, but he was born 2 months early, so he's actually a month younger than me! Crazy shit man.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:17 pm

This new theme is... interesting.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:45 pm

viathyn wrote:This new theme is... interesting.

new theme?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Post Reply 4350 posts