That they are :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: random rejoicing thread

by MadameLePink » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:58 am

gnoff wrote:Post cruise depression is helped a bit by:

Hanging out with Wild-Zeena and watching Rammstein on Feb 17

Hanging out with ms pink Laura and uncle soda Fredrik and watching Rammstein on feb 21

Watching AA for 31st time in Finland on Feb 25

Hanging out with Rhia in Sweden March 1 through 11, during which we'll see House of Metal in Umeå (with Amon Amarth 32) and Amon Amarth in Göteborg (for 33rd time)

yay

Wow... that's a busy schedule you got there ;)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 am

gnoff wrote:Post cruise depression is helped a bit by:

Hanging out with Wild-Zeena and watching Rammstein on Feb 17

Hanging out with ms pink Laura and uncle soda Fredrik and watching Rammstein on feb 21

Watching AA for 31st time in Finland on Feb 25

Hanging out with Rhia in Sweden March 1 through 11, during which we'll see House of Metal in Umeå (with Amon Amarth 32) and Amon Amarth in Göteborg (for 33rd time)

yay

Sounds like fun!
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Off for the weekend in 45 minutes, kid's got class all night, game room is open and I'm playing Skyrim all night. It ain't exciting, but it'll be a nice, quiet enjoyable evening. :trashdrink:
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:26 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Very excited about some plans in a couple of weeks :D

Awesome plans are awesome :headbanger:

hmmmm... I have a feeling I know where this one's going ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:37 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Awesome plans are awesome :headbanger:

hmmmm... I have a feeling I know where this one's going ;)

Hey, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna meet up with Rhia on the 26th, you gotta come, too! :deathhorns:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:38 pm

yeah, where should we go meet up ? i will get my rental car around 2pm.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:53 pm

WizardBeast wrote:yeah, where should we go meet up ? i will get my rental car around 2pm.

Not sure! I won't be able to make it until around 6 pm I think
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:56 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:yeah, where should we go meet up ? i will get my rental car around 2pm.

Not sure! I won't be able to make it until around 6 pm I think

oh , are you taking off that monday instead then?
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm thinking that's the better option, if not I'd have to leave reaaaaally early
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:04 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I'm thinking that's the better option, if not I'd have to leave reaaaaally early

well, i still will have to get up fairly early monday, but if we stay in phoenix i can stay out until 10-11 maybe!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:07 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:I'm thinking that's the better option, if not I'd have to leave reaaaaally early

well, i still will have to get up fairly early monday, but if we stay in phoenix i can stay out until 10-11 maybe!

That seems reasonable :mrgreen:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:16 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

i'm just glad you're willing to make the haul! if i get to check in by 2 or 3 i might sit my ass in the hot tub for a little bit before going out with y'all...yesss!
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:40 am

This is going to be another bad ass weekend, although I would prefer more down time but its going to be good :mrgreen:

Tonight - drinks after work with coworkers, surprise birthday party for a friend (will be a fuck ton of my metal head friends) and if sober enough and able to get there will check out the Samandriel show to see Jeffie play.

Saturday - going to a show at my favorite venue (Distillery) the bad to this is that I think it might be a rap show but going just to hang out with friends anyways. Will be crashing at one of my best friends houses after (her boyfriend is excited for this so we can spend the morning after nerding it out over his comic book collection that he loves to show me every time I'm over - she always jokes that since she couldn't date me she just dated the male version of me instead :lol: ).

Sunday - Super Bowl Party at friend's house I'm crashing at on Saturday.

:viking: :chug:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:25 am

gnoff wrote:Finished with a nice hot (well not for Finns...) sauna at +80C, then out in the -10C again :shock:

(176F to 14F, if the internet is correct)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That's a bigger difference than my swan dive from hot tub into snowbank a while back :lol:
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 am

I returned to my condo and was greeted by my roommate and her sister. I then heard the last thing I expected to hear: "You look thinner".
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:54 am

sageoftruth wrote:I returned to my condo and was greeted by my roommate and her sister. I then heard the last thing I expected to hear: "You look thinner".

After a cruise?

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:00 am

sageoftruth wrote:I returned to my condo and was greeted by my roommate and her sister. I then heard the last thing I expected to hear: "You look thinner".

my sensei at the dojo said the same thing. as of now i'm down about 4 lbs from when i left. this is what seeing 33 full sets and not worrying about food too much will do!
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:08 am

WizardBeast wrote:

my sensei at the dojo said the same thing. as of now i'm down about 4 lbs from when i left. this is what seeing 33 full sets and not worrying about food too much will do!

Sensei? What do you practice?

When I returned to my dojo, he said what he always says when I vacation: "I haven't seen you for awhile," in a soft-spoken Chinese accent. It definitely showed. My roundhouse kick was pathetic and my legs hurt a lot afterwards. Still, I wore my 70000 survivor T-shirt underneath my gi and the more I trained that day, the more my belt loosened revealing more of my shirt. As a result, the more I trained, the more metal I appeared.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:44 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

When I returned to my dojo, he said what he always says when I vacation: "I haven't seen you for awhile," in a soft-spoken Chinese accent. It definitely showed. My roundhouse kick was pathetic and my legs hurt a lot afterwards. Still, I wore my 70000 survivor T-shirt underneath my gi and the more I trained that day, the more my belt loosened revealing more of my shirt. As a result, the more I trained, the more metal I appeared.

yeah it took me a while to warm up for my side kicks and roundhouse kicks! i wasn't kicking very high for the first 30 min. that is for sure.

i am studying Shaolin Kempo. i'm at the 6th rank now, but it would still be quite some time before i could be a black belt. just started 2 years ago, never did anything like this growing up! what are you practicing?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:25 pm

WizardBeast wrote:i am studying Shaolin Kempo. i'm at the 6th rank now, but it would still be quite some time before i could be a black belt. just started 2 years ago, never did anything like this growing up! what are you practicing?

Ha! Awesome. I actually got a yellow belt in Shaolin Kempo while in middle school. It was a required course in 8th grade for some reason. Cool class to have though. Probably because the school was across the street from a crack house :lol:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:36 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:well, i still will have to get up fairly early monday, but if we stay in phoenix i can stay out until 10-11 maybe!

i'm just glad you're willing to make the haul! if i get to check in by 2 or 3 i might sit my ass in the hot tub for a little bit before going out with y'all...yesss!

That sounds very nice!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:42 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:i am studying Shaolin Kempo. i'm at the 6th rank now, but it would still be quite some time before i could be a black belt. just started 2 years ago, never did anything like this growing up! what are you practicing?

Ha! Awesome. I actually got a yellow belt in Shaolin Kempo while in middle school. It was a required course in 8th grade for some reason. Cool class to have though. Probably because the school was across the street from a crack house :lol:

Aw man!....we shoulda had some sparring on the ship! lol...I was...er...well, I guess I still am...a 3rd degree green belt in GOJU Karate...would like to pick it up again in the near future...my favorite patch on my Gi....

\m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:43 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Aw man!....we shoulda had some sparring on the ship! lol...I was...er...well, I guess I still am...a 3rd degree green belt in GOJU Karate...would like to pick it up again in the near future...my favorite patch on my Gi....

We'll spar next time we meet up ;) Of course I don't remember any of my Kempo training so I'll just have to rely on my...ahem...grabs
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm

:lol: Ryan!
    Youy're on!...I must warn you....I still have a mean flying front snap kick!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:my sensei at the dojo said the same thing. as of now i'm down about 4 lbs from when i left. this is what seeing 33 full sets and not worrying about food too much will do!

yeah it took me a while to warm up for my side kicks and roundhouse kicks! i wasn't kicking very high for the first 30 min. that is for sure.

i am studying Shaolin Kempo. i'm at the 6th rank now, but it would still be quite some time before i could be a black belt. just started 2 years ago, never did anything like this growing up! what are you practicing?/quote]

Sorry. Much has happened since that last post. Anyway, I do Taekwando. Not the best choice for me, since I'm not very flexible, but it does wonders for my balance and posture.

Oh, and I am also currently rejoicing to have my PS3 back and working.Time for some Uncharted 3.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:29 pm

i too am not flexible. i am almost certain that the shaolin kempo is better suited to me than taekwando but i think any martial arts does improve balance, coordination, and reflexes!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Having a friend over to watch Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie....help us from extreme silliness deaths! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:58 pm

WizardBeast wrote:i too am not flexible. i am almost certain that the shaolin kempo is better suited to me than taekwando but i think any martial arts does improve balance, coordination, and reflexes!

I can't even touch my toes without bending my knees :lol:
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Rejoice??? Oh yes...all set for a 4 day VICTORY weekend...gonna watch my GMEN pound the patriots in the super bowl, have off Monday to soak in all the bliss...and then attend the victory parade tuesday in NYC!!! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :cheers:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Oh...forgot to mention...then check out a little TESTAMENT*ANTHRAX*DEATH ANGEL on wednesday after work.... :shred:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
  • Mulkington
    Crewman

by Mulkington » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Passport finally came yesterday so can start sorting my planned trip next month :mrgreen:
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:03 am

KDibildeaux wrote:I can't even touch my toes without bending my knees :lol:

Image and comment from Dan's brain censored. You are welcome. ;)
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:37 am

tmcasper wrote:Rejoice??? Oh yes...all set for a 4 day VICTORY weekend...gonna watch my GMEN pound the patriots in the super bowl, have off Monday to soak in all the bliss...and then attend the victory parade tuesday in NYC!!! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :cheers:

Puhleez :roll: Pats are taking this one! Then you can spend Monday crying all day while you jack off to a picture of the helmet catch :P

Giants suck!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:39 am

EvilDan wrote:

Fuck censorship! I'm enjoying the image I have from her post :wank:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:31 am

gnoff wrote:

What does the gnoff say in the DAY OR NIGHT?

*creep, creep*

:wank:

fixed.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:28 pm

EvilDan wrote:

:lol: since when are you censored? I can probably guess what it was, though :lol:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:30 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:

Fuck censorship! I'm enjoying the image I have from her post :wank:

You would :roll: :lol:
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Productive afternoon (for many cruisers): banned from the Monsters of Rock Cruise Facebook page :smoking:

Soooo funny trolling with everyone this afternoon. Will make a fake account or two later this week for a bit of troll bombing.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
Post Reply 9055 posts