Post Reply 9104 posts
random rejoicing thread
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: random rejoicing thread

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:22 am

was offered a job getting paid almost as much as I was being paid after 7 years at my last job (and automatic raise after 90 days will have me being paid more than previously)... and NONE of the stress. Essentially I'll be getting paid to walk around, though I'll have to deal with weather (who cares, right?).
    Was also offered a tentative position at an investment firm, and while the income potential is incredible, so is the stress potential...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:23 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:was offered a job getting paid almost as much as I was being paid after 7 years at my last job (and automatic raise after 90 days will have me being paid more than previously)... and NONE of the stress. Essentially I'll be getting paid to walk around, though I'll have to deal with weather (who cares, right?).
    Was also offered a tentative position at an investment firm, and while the income potential is incredible, so is the stress potential...

That's awesome! Congrats on the offer. Do you mind me asking what the job is?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:37 am

mooyagi wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:was offered a job getting paid almost as much as I was being paid after 7 years at my last job (and automatic raise after 90 days will have me being paid more than previously)... and NONE of the stress. Essentially I'll be getting paid to walk around, though I'll have to deal with weather (who cares, right?).

checking meters for gas company. Aside from the lack of stress and ability to enjoy being outside and hiking around, they have opportunities for advancement galore, and the possibility for relocation with moving expenses paid for (or partially paid for) which could be pretty helpful to me.
    I'm interested in the Investment job and kind of want to at least see what it is really like, because the income potential is insane... but I always hear about the stress and crazy hours of those jobs and just don't think I want to deal with that
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:50 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

checking meters for gas company. Aside from the lack of stress and ability to enjoy being outside and hiking around, they have opportunities for advancement galore, and the possibility for relocation with moving expenses paid for (or partially paid for) which could be pretty helpful to me.
    I'm interested in the Investment job and kind of want to at least see what it is really like, because the income potential is insane... but I always hear about the stress and crazy hours of those jobs and just don't think I want to deal with that

Investment jobs are definitely stressful. I would love the opportunity to work outside all the time!
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:23 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:
    The drunken louts are probably what make the scalpers so annoying. When I make it to the train station, tired from work, I'm so disgusted with them that it infuriates me when the scalpers mistake me for one of them. Their grating Boston accents certainly don't help either.

You need to get out of Boston then :lol: Maybe a change of scenery could help you with the rut you're currently in.

That would be nice, but I'd need to quit my job, and I'd rather not risk getting stuck in unemployment.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Congrats Bill!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Rejoice: eating 10 cent avocados. Yummy!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:11 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Rejoice: eating 10 cent avocados. Yummy!

yummy indeed! i had steak tacos on handmade tortillas - indulged a little today to shake up my diet plan and keep my body guessing. i also walked 6 miles though, so i burned most of that off.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:43 pm

WizardBeast wrote:

yummy indeed! i had steak tacos on handmade tortillas - indulged a little today to shake up my diet plan and keep my body guessing. i also walked 6 miles though, so i burned most of that off.

Yum! Avocado would have been good on those tacos
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:19 pm

WizardBeast wrote:

I made hamburgers for myself :D
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:18 pm

What.
    10 cents for an avocado.
    They're like $2 here.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:50 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:

What.
    10 cents for an avocado.
    They're like $2 here.

It was a crazy sale. Normally they're over a buck each :mrgreen:
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:20 am

Yesterday i I totally yelled at a kid selling chocolate bars outside of metro. When he asked me would you like to buy a chocolate bar i replied " OH I SEE YOUR ASKING ME CAUSE IM FAT THATS BULLSHIT" the kid was freaking out then i told him i only was fucking with him and bought some choclate it gave me a good laugh
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:20 am

Rab wrote:Yesterday i I totally yelled at a kid selling chocolate bars outside of metro. When he asked me would you like to buy a chocolate bar i replied " OH I SEE YOUR ASKING ME CAUSE IM FAT THATS BULLSHIT" the kid was freaking out then i told him i only was fucking with him and bought some choclate it gave me a good laugh

:lol: Nice
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:21 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Rab wrote:Yesterday i I totally yelled at a kid selling chocolate bars outside of metro. When he asked me would you like to buy a chocolate bar i replied " OH I SEE YOUR ASKING ME CAUSE IM FAT THATS BULLSHIT" the kid was freaking out then i told him i only was fucking with him and bought some choclate it gave me a good laugh

:lol: Nice

that's awesome! nothing like making the kid shit himself before making a sale...
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Mean! :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Free hockey game tomorrow AND I got refunded for the observatory program we were going to go to tomorrow that we cancelled for hockey. Double score!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:45 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Free hockey game tomorrow AND I got refunded for the observatory program we were going to go to tomorrow that we cancelled for hockey. Double score!

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: It's like you're getting paid to go to the hockey game
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Exactly! Very sweet. May get free dinner, too!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:49 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Exactly! Very sweet. May get free dinner, too!

What an awesome deal! Can my beer get covered too?
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:32 pm

mooyagi wrote:

If we get free dinner that would probably include beer at dinner. We'll find out soon
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:26 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

If we get free dinner that would probably include beer at dinner. We'll find out soon

Woohoo!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:32 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:If we get free dinner that would probably include beer at dinner. We'll find out soon

Woohoo!

how is all this happening? Meheecan Mafia?
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:35 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:If we get free dinner that would probably include beer at dinner. We'll find out soon

Woohoo!

I have my ways :mrgreen:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:36 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Woohoo!

I have my ways :mrgreen:

and you aren't far from the border!
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:54 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    you are right. any music should result in guilt-free listening, if that's your thing that's your thing!

but i see mooyagi's point about anything being labeled a "guilty pleasure" on this forum if it's not metal.

anyway, i have a lot of fun listening to Devo and The Fixx...not much metal there, and zero guilt! Saved by Zero!

Man! Are you sure that you never lived in MN because with your taste and guilty pleasures, I am sure we would have run into each other at a lot of shows. LOL
    Something tells me you know some of the same people that I do here in the metro of the Twin Cities.
    http://youtu.be/JOiZP8FS5Ww
    http://youtu.be/ZCM4_5uB1ww One of my favorite tunes of theirs and I did get to see them live back in the day.
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Hooray for living in a country without much criminality. Yesterday we went out for most of the day and when we came home our door was wide open... Nothing was stolen, it was just the door that sometimes doesn't close properly :lol: It's not the first that it happens, but we get a bit of a scare every time!
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Wow! That definitely seems very lucky. Very cool!
    Skwizgar
    Petty Officer

by Skwizgar » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm randomly rejoicing that Jameson's Irish Whisky is so darn tasty. So far I've drank to Rab (what a sweet guy), my father, brother, sister, all of my grandparents and aunts and uncles, and all of my absent friends from days gone by. At this point, the only people left to drink to are my two nephews and my mom, but they're the only one's still alive, so I'd rather drink with them. Well, the nephews, anyway. Mom's a mean drunk.

:shred: :belly: :metalguy:
    Amon Amarth - Gorgoroth - (the reanimated corps of) Celtic Frost - Bloodhag -[b] [b]- um, what where we talking about?
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:50 pm

^^^ Steve - I did a bit of a double-take when I read your post because it seemed like it couldn't be possible that so many of your relatives could be gone, but then I realized of course it is possible because we are around the same age (although more are still living in my case). Sorry to hear so many have passed.

I shall do the same - toasting (in thought only since I'm not drinking atm ;) ) to my beloved grandmas & grandpas, father-in-law, two uncles, one aunt, one cousin, one niece, and several friends and acquaintances who have died.
    :3drunks:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:14 am

Well, my fall back school stopped offering my degree program. HUGE bummer because that was the only school that I was 100% confident I could get into, and it was super cheap and my degree was available online so I wouldn't have to move to the boonies where this school is located. But I'm not here to bitch, I'm here to rejoice about my latest university search!

While I haven't really found a good backup school thats equivalent to my prior choice, I have found a bunch of schools in the last few days that I'm very interested in. And that's what I'm rejoicing. I'll probably still apply to one of the local schools (although I'm NOT fond of them) just in case financing falls through, I'll at least have somewhere affordable to consider.
    Schools Ive found that are my "middle choice" schools:
    Thompson Rivers University (Kamloops, BC...I killed a deer here!)
    Vancouver Island University
    Willamette (Portland, OR)

And some schools I kind of like, but I need to think about a little more
    Southern Oregon University
    Western Washington University

I'm going to spend a lot of money on application fees :|
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:48 am

TRU is a pretty good school and its only 2 hours north of me .. but i wish when they were renaming the school they had gone with a student submitted name Fulton University College of Kamloops
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:Well, my fall back school stopped offering my degree program. HUGE bummer because that was the only school that I was 100% confident I could get into, and it was super cheap and my degree was available online so I wouldn't have to move to the boonies where this school is located. But I'm not here to bitch, I'm here to rejoice about my latest university search!

While I haven't really found a good backup school thats equivalent to my prior choice, I have found a bunch of schools in the last few days that I'm very interested in. And that's what I'm rejoicing. I'll probably still apply to one of the local schools (although I'm NOT fond of them) just in case financing falls through, I'll at least have somewhere affordable to consider.

Wait, weren't you moving to Edmonton? No schools there?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:18 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:Well, my fall back school stopped offering my degree program. HUGE bummer because that was the only school that I was 100% confident I could get into, and it was super cheap and my degree was available online so I wouldn't have to move to the boonies where this school is located. But I'm not here to bitch, I'm here to rejoice about my latest university search!

Wait, weren't you moving to Edmonton? No schools there?

That would be the plan to witch a backup plan is backing up.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Wait, weren't you moving to Edmonton? No schools there?

Did you just call Rachel a witch???? :lol:
    Last edited by KDibildeaux on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:25 pm

gnoff wrote:Hypocrisy for Metaltown!

I'll see them 4 times this year!

YEAH!!!!

gnoff, however will you handle this?

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Yes there's one school there, but there's a pretty low chance that I'll get in. That school and the one in Calgary are my top choice schools, but ...my program is incredibly competitive. Each one has something like a 40% acceptance rate for my program and I'm not a super-duper exceptional candidate. So I'm applying all over the place ;)

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Wait, weren't you moving to Edmonton? No schools there?

Witch bear?
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:Yes there's one school there, but there's a pretty low chance that I'll get in. That school and the one in Calgary are my top choice schools, but ...my program is incredibly competitive. Each one has something like a 40% acceptance rate for my program and I'm not a super-duper exceptional candidate. So I'm applying all over the place ;)

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:That would be the plan to witch a backup plan is backing up.

Witch bear?

Oh okay, makes sense. What program are you applying for, if you don't mind me asking?

I miss Witch Bear! :cry:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:31 pm

shit. I didn't even mean to do that. I've been up since 5am, which is just unnatural, so please, BEAR with me.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:41 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Oh okay, makes sense. What program are you applying for, if you don't mind me asking?

I miss Witch Bear! :cry:

Going for my Masters in Business Administration. They consider my GPA, GMAT score, work experience, and essays and shit when I apply, and I'm lacking in work experience. I aced/will ace all the other stuff so that will help, but I'm not sure how it will all play out.
Post Reply 9104 posts