I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: random rejoicing thread

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Congrats to all. I interviewed for a Cash Payment Processor position at Dominion Enterprises today and got a call 1 hour later that I got the job. And they are OK with my cruises. Motorboat and 70K
    :bangers: :bangers:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Just gave verbal notice that I'm quitting my job!! Sept 17th will be my last day in an office.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Stained Class wrote:Just gave verbal notice that I'm quitting my job!! Sept 17th will be my last day in an office.

Woo!!! :bangers: :bangers: :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman

by feanorfelagund » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:54 am

Got a new mug to celebrate my 70k ticket confirmation! :beerbang:
    "Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:59 am

Nice mug ! I need one like this. I bought a vintage wilton pewter mug a few years ago. Those are not mine, but it's the same thing.

2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:48 pm

Almost time to go to México! :deathhorns:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:49 am

new Ne Obliviscaris "Citadel" to be released November 7 (Nov 11 in the U.S.)
    8=================D
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:38 am

to the people quiting jobs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_UGFLT0VMY

and for the rejoicing
    i'm just glad my nephew (who is now 21 weeks old) is finally back home (being prematurely born with just 25 weeks)
    a true warrior of the world (to keep in line with the link)
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Lots of people (newcomers and old) posting on the forum these days and there's no hostility whatsoever. The forum is becoming fun again!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:13 pm

Stained Class wrote:Lots of people (newcomers and old) posting on the forum these days and there's no hostility whatsoever. The forum is becoming fun again!

I agree.

Random rejoicing: I love grad school.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 am

Well i am not sure what it is but each year after the cruise it has been harder and harder to get out of my post cruise funk but finally on Sunday it was like a light switch flipped on and i went from moping that i am not on the ship right now to so freaking stoked to be going back for 2015 it almost unbearable. this might have something to do with the fact that nightmare season has ended at work and i finally have some concerts and trips to look forward to and get all fired up about just one month and i am off to Cowtown for Amon and even more importantly time with at least a few members to the cruise family :headbanger: :bangers:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Stained Class wrote:Lots of people (newcomers and old) posting on the forum these days and there's no hostility whatsoever. The forum is becoming fun again!

Fuck you
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:05 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:

Fuck you

:lol: :lol:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:03 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:

Fuck you

:cry: You're ruining everything!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:56 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:

Fuck you

:cry: You're ruining everything!

She's Alaskan... that's what they do </Palin_Jokes>
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:59 am

Ne Obliviscaris is releasing a new song today :D

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:30 pm

I finally got my Amorphis back patch today. The artwork is from Tales. I had to order it from some little online store based in Germany. I was afraid it wouldn't come! :D
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Only one more day at work before four weeks vacation in Central Asia :D :D :D
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Speedy wrote:Only one more day at work before four weeks vacation in Central Asia :D :D :D

That sounds pretty cool! Where in Central Asia?

My random rejoice:

After a long time trying, my office managed to get a new programmer! He couldn't start on Monday because he was partying Sunday night with the band I went to see. In his house. He showed me the fucking selfie. :shock: :headbanger: So happy to be working with a metalhead now. I'm gonna see the new guy's band for the first time next weekend. :beerbang:
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:25 am

SaraMarie wrote:
    Speedy wrote:Only one more day at work before four weeks vacation in Central Asia :D :D :D

That sounds pretty cool! Where in Central Asia?

Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:15 am

Out of debt as of a couple minutes ago and moving to Vancouver tomorrow to start my new life!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:57 am

Stained Class wrote:Out of debt as of a couple minutes ago and moving to Vancouver tomorrow to start my new life!

congrats! :cheers:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Stained Class wrote:Out of debt as of a couple minutes ago and moving to Vancouver tomorrow to start my new life!

Excellent! Good luck with the new life. :bangers:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks guys! It's a little bittersweet cus I'm super excited about it but I'm also nervous as fuck! I'll be excited when I get a job :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:01 pm

It takes a lot of balls to do what you are doing, mate. I admire you for this!

That being said, you could have moved EAST!!! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

--
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 pm

X-Thor wrote:

Nuh uh, nope! West is best after all ;)

Congrats on the debt freedom Joey! See you Wednesday?
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:19 am

On the downside, your new town doesn't have a proper hockey team either! :twisted:
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:25 am

klons wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

Nuh uh, nope! West is best after all ;)

Congrats on the debt freedom Joey! See you Wednesday?

Ya man! Looking forward to it!

Oh and Nuux, don't worry, I'll NEVER cheer for the Canucks!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:36 am

Congrats BBJH

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:52 pm

WOOT! Got a nice little incentive present from one of our vendors we work with today!!

Will cover the costs of everything (booze, food, accommodation, merch, gifts, duty free, etc) related to 70k next year for wifey and I aside from the flights and the cabin!

SCORE!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Stained Class wrote:Thanks guys! It's a little bittersweet cus I'm super excited about it but I'm also nervous as fuck! I'll be excited when I get a job :lol:

Are you moving without a job, then? Were you the one saying before that you'd soon quit and move? *too lazy to read up the thread*

I'll totally be cheering for you, if that's the case. I really, really want to do the same thing, though to a US city. The roommate is giving up the apartment in May (and fuck, there's MDF that month), so I have to either get a relocation offer by then or just leave without an offer yet. Scary and exciting stuff. :shock:

What kind of job are you trying to get?
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:42 am

Stained Class wrote:Oh and Nuux, don't worry, I'll NEVER cheer for the Canucks!

That's a beer worthy statement if I ever read one. But don't think you'll ever get it from me - I promised so much beer (mostly to hockeyagis) but sadly no one claimed it on any of the cruise so far /foreverdrinkingalone
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:29 pm

NuuX wrote:

That's a beer worthy statement if I ever read one. But don't think you'll ever get it from me - I promised so much beer (mostly to hockeyagis) but sadly no one claimed it on any of the cruise so far /foreverdrinkingalone

People would have to actually see you on the ship to claim beers :lol:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:08 pm

I bought a new Volvo from my work back in April--we have a promotion with Aeroplan , and it's 40000 miles for a new car purchase. My account was never credited until I found that it hadn;t. Got my points today--so combined with what I had, will EASILY PAY FOR MY FLIGHTS COME JANUARY!!!! :beerwink: :beerbang:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:11 pm

SaraMarie wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Thanks guys! It's a little bittersweet cus I'm super excited about it but I'm also nervous as fuck! I'll be excited when I get a job :lol:

Are you moving without a job, then? Were you the one saying before that you'd soon quit and move? *too lazy to read up the thread*

I'll totally be cheering for you, if that's the case. I really, really want to do the same thing, though to a US city. The roommate is giving up the apartment in May (and fuck, there's MDF that month), so I have to either get a relocation offer by then or just leave without an offer yet. Scary and exciting stuff. :shock:

What kind of job are you trying to get?

Yep, I'm unemployed for the moment. I work in GIS/spatial databses/autocad drafting but I decided I never want to work in an office again so hopefully I can make things work playing music (cover bands) and teaching guitar and the like. I'll probably get something to get by in the mean time, I've had a couple things come up already that will hopefully turn into work, one painting and one driving for a moving company. I managed to sell my car and pay off my debt so I'm ok for the time being. I'm so stoked that I actually finally made the plunge and hit the reset button on my life!

So, my move was kind of a shit show. We had an open back truck and an open trailer and I just tarped over my stuff so a few things got a little wet in the rain on the drive out. On the highway coming down the hill from Kamloops towards Vancouver there was some icy rain and a semi decided to pull out in front of us at the worst section of the downhill going half our speed. Luckily the truck we were in is in really good shape and made for moves like this so we managed to avoid rear ending a semi. :lol: But then when I got here I looked in my room upstairs and the old guy hadn't moved out yet so for 2 days I just kinda moved my stuff into the living room and slept on the couch for 2 days until he finally moved his shit out and only today I finally got all unpacked and settled in, can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight! I guess this paragraph sounds like a bitch but I say it's a rejoice because this whole adventure started off interesting but I managed to actually make it work! The only thing that got damaged in the trip out was some magic cards, but not any important ones, and some cds and their booklets got a little wet but they still work.

NuuX wrote:

What Moogs said, if I find you on the ship I'll mention it ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:04 am

mooyagi wrote:
    NuuX wrote:

People would have to actually see you on the ship to claim beers :lol:

How hard is it to find a guy that speaks complete gibberish on the boat full of English, German, French and Spanish speaking people? I'm beginning to think people don't want beer!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Got my flight booked! All I need is to put in the time off request for the cruise! (Earliest I can do that is tomorrow...)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Flights for Eindhoven Metal Meeting booked! Can't wait!
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:14 pm

So, I mentioned recently that I'm taking computer science classes in Tufts. It's pretty neat going back to college as a 30 year-old. Nothing's that scary anymore.
    When I need a TA's help, instead of going, "Um... Could you please help me with something?" I'll be all, " 'sxcuse me, son, I could use your help right now."
    When seeing a professor I'm like, "Boy am I glad to see you. I've got a serious problem."

This is also my first time meeting a brony outside the internet. Seeing someone on a forum with an MLP avatar was nothing to make a fuss about, but seeing someone walking around with an MLP tee shirt and using a computer in the computer lab with a giant MLP background took some getting used to. I was more fascinated by the fact that I needed to get used to it. It was kind of like a reflection on the society I grew up in. I think I've been away from the younger generation for too long and have started to become a grumpy old man.
Post Reply 9107 posts