Post Reply 9104 posts
random rejoicing thread
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:23 am

    mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:(I'm not a fan of supervising too much).


    So you're more of the subservient type then? Image

    I'm more of a free bird doing my projects but not directly supervising (technically we're kind of like the supervisor's supervisors, but they really don't need any supervision).
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11153
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:42 am

    mooyagi wrote:Is it a cool house you're at?

    Nothing super fancy but a far cry nicer than my little basement suite. 2 cool cats, lots of light, big high vaulted ceilings with skylights.

    And, I'm sure the power metal weenies among us will appreciate this. The master bedroom has a sort of side room that, from outside the house looks sort of like the turret of a castle. I'll post a pic later if I remember to take one before I go.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7570
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:02 am

    Randomly rejoicing because...

    ...I just booked flights for 70000 Tons of Metal 2012!!

    Flight sale at the moment - had been procrastinating about booking since the sale started, when flights were about $2,200 return. Decided to just do it now, and flights had dropped to $2,028 return!!

    Flying into LA on the morning of Friday 20th of January, staying until Sunday morning so I can go to the special Nightwish Imaginarium show, then on to Miami. No extra time in the US this time around - will fly back to Australia on the Friday night the cruise gets in.

    BRING IT ON!!
    Upcoming Gigs:

    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • User avatar
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 511
    Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:57 am
    Location: Sydney, Australia

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by raspberry*tart » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:40 am

    Flight sale? I had heard flights drop to about $1000 towards the end of the year... So your flights were all booked one by one?
    Hey I'm interested in the NW show.. I should look into that.. Have you bought tickets already?
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7570
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:00 am

    raspberry*tart wrote:Flight sale? I had heard flights drop to about $1000 towards the end of the year... So your flights were all booked one by one?
    Hey I'm interested in the NW show.. I should look into that.. Have you bought tickets already?

    Well, flying from Brisvegas is always a little more than from Sydney.

    But yeah - flight sale at the moment (ends Wednesday) so got Qantas flights for $2k. Good price considering its Qantas so I get heaps of frequent flyer points too. Just did a multiple stopover booking on the Qantas website. Up until this point the cost had been about $3k for the same flights, and there is ots of talk about flight prices increasing so I wasn't going to risk waiting any longer.

    Tickets for the Nightwish show can be booked here. Tickets start at $US46 and go upwards into the hundreds. Haven't booked yet but by the looks of things there are still plenty available.
    Upcoming Gigs:

    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • User avatar
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 511
    Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:57 am
    Location: Sydney, Australia

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by raspberry*tart » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:10 am

    cowboy71 wrote:Well, flying from Brisvegas is always a little more than from Sydney.

    But yeah - flight sale at the moment (ends Wednesday) so got Qantas flights for $2k. Good price considering its Qantas so I get heaps of frequent flyer points too. Just did a multiple stopover booking on the Qantas website. Up until this point the cost had been about $3k for the same flights, and there is ots of talk about flight prices increasing so I wasn't going to risk waiting any longer.

    Tickets for the Nightwish show can be booked here. Tickets start at $US46 and go upwards into the hundreds. Haven't booked yet but by the looks of things there are still plenty available.


    Thanks man... very helpful.

    I have been trying to buy tickets from livenation but it isn't letting me and then other sites were asking triple for the same section. I will have a look at your site....
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
  • User avatar
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 511
    Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:57 am
    Location: Sydney, Australia

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by raspberry*tart » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:31 am

    I just bought the tickets!! thanks so much cowboy! :cheers:
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7570
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:32 am

    raspberry*tart wrote:I just bought the tickets!! thanks so much cowboy! :cheers:



    REJOICE!!! I'll probably see you there - just got to figure out which tickets to get :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:

    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • User avatar
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 511
    Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:57 am
    Location: Sydney, Australia

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by raspberry*tart » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:39 am

    cowboy71 wrote:
    raspberry*tart wrote:I just bought the tickets!! thanks so much cowboy! :cheers:



    REJOICE!!! I'll probably see you there - just got to figure out which tickets to get :lol:



    I got $76 tickets in section 11 :)

    Not gonna buy more expensive tickets - I have too much to pay for yet!!
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
  • User avatar
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1712
    Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:02 am
    Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by MadameLePink » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:36 am

    We've just booked our flight to Miami via London :cheers:

    We've been looking at the prices and different possibilities for a while and the cheapest options were always with an overnight stay somewhere in Germany, so we decided to book a slightly more expensive flight and save the hotel money.

    We will arrive in Miami the saturday before the cruise in the late afternoon :beerwink:
    **
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

    Beer and bananas!
  • User avatar
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3135
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 am
    Location: Dublin, Ireland

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by Ravenlord » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:34 pm

    Just realised it's tomorrow that Billy (Stained Class) arrives in London. Shall be heading out after work for some drinks with the chap.

    Just finished doing my week's expenses because I normally do them on a Monday night. Going to have some beers now :cheers:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • User avatar
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 511
    Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:57 am
    Location: Sydney, Australia

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by raspberry*tart » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:54 pm

    MadameLePink wrote:We've just booked our flight to Miami via London :cheers:

    We've been looking at the prices and different possibilities for a while and the cheapest options were always with an overnight stay somewhere in Germany, so we decided to book a slightly more expensive flight and save the hotel money.

    We will arrive in Miami the saturday before the cruise in the late afternoon :beerwink:



    How exciting! I will be arriving on the Sunday. So you will only be in Heathrow airport, not actually going to London?
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
  • User avatar
    KDibildeaux
    Captain
    Posts: 13904
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:40 pm

    Ravenlord wrote:Just realised it's tomorrow that Billy (Stained Class) arrives in London. Shall be heading out after work for some drinks with the chap.

    Cool! have some weenie fun!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • User avatar
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander
    Posts: 8296
    Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm
    Location: McKees Rocks, PA
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:51 pm

    KDibildox wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Just realised it's tomorrow that Billy (Stained Class) arrives in London. Shall be heading out after work for some drinks with the chap.

    Cool! have some weenie fun!


    Sword fight? Crossing streams? Docking?
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

    cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21274
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by mooyagi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:51 pm

    Just bought tickets to Calgary for Labor Day :D Alberta metalheads, here I come again :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by AlaskaRachel » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:42 pm

    mooyagi wrote:Just bought tickets to Calgary for Labor Day :D Alberta metalheads, here I come again :headbanger:

    Go for Halloween too!
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21274
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by mooyagi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:55 pm

    AlaskaRachel wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Just bought tickets to Calgary for Labor Day :D Alberta metalheads, here I come again :headbanger:

    Go for Halloween too!


    Grow me a money tree!
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11153
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:12 pm

    mooyagi wrote:Just bought tickets to Calgary for Labor Day :D Alberta metalheads, here I come again :headbanger:

    Longer Vancouver layover this time? :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21274
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by mooyagi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:21 pm

    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Just bought tickets to Calgary for Labor Day :D Alberta metalheads, here I come again :headbanger:

    Longer Vancouver layover this time? :headbanger:


    No Vancouver layover this time. You're just gonna have to come out to Calgary for it :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11153
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:04 pm

    mooyagi wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Just bought tickets to Calgary for Labor Day :D Alberta metalheads, here I come again :headbanger:

    Longer Vancouver layover this time? :headbanger:


    No Vancouver layover this time. You're just gonna have to come out to Calgary for it :P

    Cheaper to fly to fucking Florida :shock:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

    :boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by AlaskaRachel » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:34 pm

    mooyagi wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Just bought tickets to Calgary for Labor Day :D Alberta metalheads, here I come again :headbanger:

    Go for Halloween too!


    Grow me a money tree!

    I'm growing it as fast as I can!
  • User avatar
    Element0s
    Midshipman
    Posts: 713
    Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 pm
    Location: Edmonton, AB
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by Element0s » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:52 pm

    Looking forward to seeing all the Forumies when they travel to Alberta this fall!
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

    GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by AlaskaRachel » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 am

    Element0s wrote:Looking forward to seeing all the Forumies when they travel to Alberta this fall!

    :D :D :D
  • User avatar
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1712
    Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:02 am
    Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by MadameLePink » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:52 am

    raspberry*tart wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:We've just booked our flight to Miami via London :cheers:

    We've been looking at the prices and different possibilities for a while and the cheapest options were always with an overnight stay somewhere in Germany, so we decided to book a slightly more expensive flight and save the hotel money.

    We will arrive in Miami the saturday before the cruise in the late afternoon :beerwink:



    How exciting! I will be arriving on the Sunday. So you will only be in Heathrow airport, not actually going to London?


    Yup, only in the airport. There are no direct flights from Copenhagen and London was the best option based on flight time and price :beerwink:
    **
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

    Beer and bananas!
  • User avatar
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 477
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 am
    Location: Emmeloord, The Netherlands

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by Digimortal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:41 am

    Yay, got a press pass for Heidenfest in Leeuwarden. And a +1, now to think on who to bring
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by last_candle » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:15 am

    my friend's civil marriage went perfectly well last Friday
    I'm relaxed because it's already my fourth day off from work
    I've already done quite a lot cleaning/washing
    ...and in 32 hours I'm leaving for WACKEN!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • User avatar
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1712
    Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:02 am
    Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by MadameLePink » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:27 am

    Digimortal wrote:Yay, got a press pass for Heidenfest in Leeuwarden. And a +1, now to think on who to bring


    Nice :) Så maybe you can get some pictures of Mathias for Rachel :mrgreen:
    **
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

    Beer and bananas!
  • User avatar
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:59 am
    Location: Copenhagen
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by Uncle Soda » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:36 am

    last_candle wrote:my friend's civil marriage went perfectly well last Friday
    I'm relaxed because it's already my fourth day off from work
    I've already done quite a lot cleaning/washing
    ...and in 32 hours I'm leaving for WACKEN!


    You're in the zone, man. Enjoy!! :beerhorns:
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

    wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
  • User avatar
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4412
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm
    Location: switzerland

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by last_candle » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:16 am

    Uncle Soda wrote:
    last_candle wrote:my friend's civil marriage went perfectly well last Friday
    I'm relaxed because it's already my fourth day off from work
    I've already done quite a lot cleaning/washing
    ...and in 32 hours I'm leaving for WACKEN!


    You're in the zone, man. Enjoy!! :beerhorns:

    I will! thanks!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • User avatar
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3624
    Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 am
    Location: Seattle, WA
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by AlaskaRachel » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:56 am

    MadameLePink wrote:
    Digimortal wrote:Yay, got a press pass for Heidenfest in Leeuwarden. And a +1, now to think on who to bring


    Nice :) Så maybe you can get some pictures of Mathias for Rachel :mrgreen:

    :mrgreen:
  • User avatar
    TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 222
    Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:27 am
    Location: Columbus, Ohio
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by TheBigJankowski » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:36 am

    MadameLePink wrote:
    Digimortal wrote:Yay, got a press pass for Heidenfest in Leeuwarden. And a +1, now to think on who to bring


    Nice :) Så maybe you can get some pictures of Mathias for Rachel :mrgreen:


    If we're taking requests, if you could get some pictures of Netta.... :mrgreen:
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
  • User avatar
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 477
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 am
    Location: Emmeloord, The Netherlands

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by Digimortal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:13 am

    And another presspass for the Dicky Woodstock Festival, where I will be paying attention to Airborne, Kontrust and Sepultura!!!!
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by sageoftruth » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 am

    My rejoice for today is that I was feeling slow and depressed because the weekend has ended, but you guys put me back in a good mood. Thanks.
  • User avatar
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3825
    Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm
    Location: Calgary, Alberta

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by vikingbitch » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:46 am

    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:No Vancouver layover this time. You're just gonna have to come out to Calgary for it :P

    Cheaper to fly to fucking Florida :shock:


    No kidding eh?? I really don't understand why its so much more expensive for us to fly to the States when a two hour flight costs so much more within Canada :evil:

    last_candle wrote:...and in 32 hours I'm leaving for WACKEN!


    Have fun Simon!!!

    Oh man, could have punched a girl in the face at Slayer (for the record, I only punched one guy in the face at the show - tried to pry me out of the way to get closer to the front by trying to drag me by my boob. Little fucking asshole). Was chatting to a group of people in the merch line, one of the guys had a Wacken 2010 patch on his vest and a girl comes up and starts shrieking "oh my god you went to Wacken? I went to Wacken too, isn't Wacken great? Wacken Wacken Wacken." She was miss-pronouncing it. How can you go to Wacken, experienced it and not even know how to pronounce the name of the festival????? She made me twitch :lol: She was also bitching how there are NO festivals in North America so I started listing 70K, Maryland Deathfest and Prog Power etc and she had no idea what any of them were. Ugh people.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21274
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by mooyagi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:59 am

    vikingbitch wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:No Vancouver layover this time. You're just gonna have to come out to Calgary for it :P

    Cheaper to fly to fucking Florida :shock:


    No kidding eh?? I really don't understand why its so much more expensive for us to fly to the States when a two hour flight costs so much more within Canada :evil:


    That's ridiculous. I got a kick ass deal on my flights :D Roundtrip, no layovers for under $400. It's on a Canadian carrier too so why the hell is it more expensive to fly international than to fly within Canada itself?

    And Marlo, that Slayer show story, especially the fuckwad that tried to move you (oh I would have fucking killed him if I was there) just proves that Slayer has the worst fans in metal. I like Slayer and would like them on broad, but only if they get announced after the cruise is sold out. Last thing we need on the cruise is a bunch of meathead douchebags :roll:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • User avatar
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander
    Posts: 8296
    Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm
    Location: McKees Rocks, PA
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by DrinkMoxie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:11 am

    mooyagi wrote:And Marlo, that Slayer show story, especially the fuckwad that tried to move you (oh I would have fucking killed him if I was there) just proves that Slayer has the worst fans in metal. I like Slayer and would like them on broad, but only if they get announced after the cruise is sold out. Last thing we need on the cruise is a bunch of meathead douchebags :roll:


    I know what you mean about a lot of Slayer's fans.... but also keep in mind, those are the people that could NEVER afford this cruise.... (you know how much meth that $1k can buy them?!)
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

    cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • User avatar
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 477
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 am
    Location: Emmeloord, The Netherlands

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by Digimortal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:17 am

    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:And Marlo, that Slayer show story, especially the fuckwad that tried to move you (oh I would have fucking killed him if I was there) just proves that Slayer has the worst fans in metal. I like Slayer and would like them on broad, but only if they get announced after the cruise is sold out. Last thing we need on the cruise is a bunch of meathead douchebags :roll:


    I know what you mean about a lot of Slayer's fans.... but also keep in mind, those are the people that could NEVER afford this cruise.... (you know how much meth that $1k can buy them?!)

    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
  • User avatar
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:59 am
    Location: Copenhagen
    Contact:

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by Uncle Soda » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:03 am

    vikingbitch wrote:She made me twitch :lol: She was also bitching how there are NO festivals in North America so I started listing 70K, Maryland Deathfest and Prog Power etc


    Please don't do that again :D
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

    wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21274
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by mooyagi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:58 am

    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:And Marlo, that Slayer show story, especially the fuckwad that tried to move you (oh I would have fucking killed him if I was there) just proves that Slayer has the worst fans in metal. I like Slayer and would like them on broad, but only if they get announced after the cruise is sold out. Last thing we need on the cruise is a bunch of meathead douchebags :roll:


    I know what you mean about a lot of Slayer's fans.... but also keep in mind, those are the people that could NEVER afford this cruise.... (you know how much meth that $1k can buy them?!)


    :lol: :lol: :lol: Good point
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2021
    Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
    Location: Boston, MA

    Re: random rejoicing thread

    by sageoftruth » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:32 pm

    Uncle Soda wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:She made me twitch :lol: She was also bitching how there are NO festivals in North America so I started listing 70K, Maryland Deathfest and Prog Power etc


    Please don't do that again :D


    She could not have gone to Wacken. Going to Wacken and not knowing how to pronounce it afterwards is just not possible. I couldn't sleep the first night because of all the guys out there shouting "WAAAAAAAAAACKEEEEEEEN!" Unless 700,000 metalheads all simultaneously forgot how to pronounce Wacken one year, she was definitely blowing smoke.
Post Reply 9104 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests