Post Reply 9107 posts
random rejoicing thread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: random rejoicing thread

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:05 am

Rejoicing because having Gnoff here was definitely the most fun week since 70k this year!!! :heavydrink:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 pm

$70 Michelin rebate cheque in the mail today for the Pilot Super Sports I bought for my car!!

I fear most people have no idea what I just said

:lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicide Angels
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:46 am

Jaimie38 wrote:$70 Michelin rebate cheque in the mail today for the Pilot Super Sports I bought for my car!!

I fear most people have no idea what I just said

:lol:

YOU GOT MONEY!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:23 am

Off to MetalDays to see the last two days of the festival.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:22 pm

I am glad it is the weekend. I finally have NOTHING to do this weekend. Relaxing at home sounds awesome!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Car finally paid off!! 2009 Pontiac G8 GT!! $726/mnth for 60 months...nice to have no payments. Just did some big services on it and put a Borla cat-back exhaust!

Fuel economy and the tree huggers be damned!!

:headbanger:

6.0l V8. 380 hp(with exhaust) Built in Australia, and fun to drive in the snow.
    9 Time Vet.
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:08 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:I am glad it is the weekend. I finally have NOTHING to do this weekend. Relaxing at home sounds awesome!

It sounds awesome because it is awesome! :headbanger:
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:40 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Car finally paid off!!

I'm a bit of a tree hugger but not when it comes to cool cars!

Gratz!

My rejoice...

After years of hard work and so many ridiculous bureaucratic hoops and loopholes that they became a running joke, less than a week after officially getting a license to practice nursing in Canada, Kyoko landed the first job she applied to/interviewed for!!! It's with a great employer that was her first choice and even though they played no role in her actually getting the job, two of her friends and my sister all work for the same agency (different location though). There were a few times she considered giving up and really had to push and work hard to get past some of the shit that was thrown in her way so I can't even put words to how proud and inspired she's left me. Just lots of gratitude and admiration for me this past week!

WTG girlfriend! :party:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:44 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:Car finally paid off!!

I'm a bit of a tree hugger but not when it comes to cool cars!

Gratz!

My rejoice...

After years of hard work and so many ridiculous bureaucratic hoops and loopholes that they became a running joke, less than a week after officially getting a license to practice nursing in Canada, Kyoko landed the first job she applied to/interviewed for!!! It's with a great employer that was her first choice and even though they played no role in her actually getting the job, two of her friends and my sister all work for the same agency (different location though). There were a few times she considered giving up and really had to push and work hard to get past some of the shit that was thrown in her way so I can't even put words to how proud and inspired she's left me. Just lots of gratitude and admiration for me this past week!

WTG girlfriend! :party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2yJ-VaMDYs
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Booked hotels for the Grand Canyon and Sedona at the end of the month :D
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:09 pm

won 2 tickets to the Cleveland Wintersun show \m/
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:45 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:won 2 tickets to the Cleveland Wintersun show \m/

Sweeeeet! :headbanger: We ended up leaving the Wintersun set at Metaldays because the power went out twice while they were trying to play :|
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:32 am

Daenerys wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:won 2 tickets to the Cleveland Wintersun show \m/

Sweeeeet! :headbanger: We ended up leaving the Wintersun set at Metaldays because the power went out twice while they were trying to play :|

Rumor has it they will be playing at MetalDays 2014. It's just a rumor though.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am

Bought tickets for Wacken!!!! FINALLY after wanting to go for years it is going to happen!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:16 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:Bought tickets for Wacken!!!! FINALLY after wanting to go for years it is going to happen!

:deathhorns:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Well, I've bought tickets for Wacken and Metaldays and I already asked for the vacations at work, so 2014 will kick ass.

:deathhorns: :deathhorns:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Awesome!!

:headbanger:
    9 Time Vet.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:55 pm

X-Thor wrote:Well, I've bought tickets for Wacken and Metaldays and I already asked for the vacations at work, so 2014 will kick ass.

I decided to go to Tolmin one more time, so seems we'll meet at Metaldays next year! :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:41 am

Tickets for MetalDays 2014 safely at home!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:50 am

I'm going to Six Flags after work today and I have a pass to bypass the lines for every rollercoaster in the park!!! :D
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:36 am

Memnoch wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Well, I've bought tickets for Wacken and Metaldays and I already asked for the vacations at work, so 2014 will kick ass.

I decided to go to Tolmin one more time

What a surprise :P

Memnoch wrote:so seems we'll meet at Metaldays next year! :beerwink:

Awesome! :deathhorns: :deathhorns:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:24 pm

:beerbang: New job is awesome so far and I am still able to take off the Friday for PP next month. Going to miss both shows on Thursday though, but thats fine. Myrath on Frirday will make up for it.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Monmisreal wrote::beerbang: New job is awesome so far and I am still able to take off the Friday for PP next month. Going to miss both shows on Thursday though, but thats fine. Myrath on Frirday will make up for it.

awesome about the job... and I'm definitely jealous about Myrath!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:00 am

Nice rejoices all!

I'm rejoicing that in the next week & a half I'm seeing The Allman Brothers, Depeche Mode (which will complete another summer of "retro" gigs :P ) and Shakespeare's A Comedy of Errors. Summer is winding down (it has been a great one!), kids are back to school (both in high school now), and I'm now looking toward the fall and beyond - and what the coming months & year(s) have in store. (hmmm....here's hoping the Prog Nation at Sea cruise in February is part of that!)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:59 am

After the trips to Copenhagen, Stockholm and Würzburg I've done eleven trips abroad this year. I'll probably go to Tallinn next week, so I'll average a trip a month. But I haven't got any plans for November or December yet! :D
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:05 am

I'm envious of the travel :mrgreen:.

I'm a year and a half off alcohol as of yesterday.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:05 am

Krys wrote:I'm envious of the travel :mrgreen:.

I'm a year and a half off alcohol as of yesterday.

Yaaaay!! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

--
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:No cigarettes for over 8 days :viking:

Way to go!!!!
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:21 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:No cigarettes for over 8 days :viking:

That is excellent gnoffi! Keep it up!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Wound up getting 12th place overall at the Canadian yoyo nationals this year. It's awesome cus I haven't even been top 20 in 3 years! Here's the vid of my prelim where I seeded 6th going into finals. (there were 4 seeded into finals from previous tournaments and I dropped 2 spots.)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

And here's the final. I fucked up a little more here and ran out of tricks with about 25 seconds left so I just kinda fumbled through the rest of it. If I were as solid as I were in prelims I would've gotten 7th place I think.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

Those of you that are too cool for facebook will have to wait until the offical vids are posted on youtube. (I don't have the video files)

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:24 am

Congratulations, Joey!

:bangers: :bangers: :bangers:

--
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:12 am

X-Thor wrote:Congratulations, Joey!

Here's the kid that won. I think he's gonna win worlds next year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EURPaxb7h8M
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:54 am

Stained Class wrote:

Oh my god... how much cocaine do they put in his cornflakes :shock: ?!

Future master raver.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:05 pm

Krys wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Oh my god... how much cocaine do they put in his cornflakes :shock: ?!

Future master raver.

:lol: Yeah, he's unreal!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Cabin is fully paid for!
    (Just waiting on a bit of funds from one of my cabin-mates)
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:25 pm

Two big fat juicy joy-inspiring words...

DEBT - FREE!!!!

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:20 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Two big fat juicy joy-inspiring words...

DEBT - FREE!!!!

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

So when are you buying flight tickets to Arizona? :P

Congrats, man.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:21 am

Congrats Rob!! I'm hoping I'll make a similar post later this year.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:26 am

Congratulations!!!!

:bangers: :bangers: :bangers: :headbanger: :headbanger: :beerbang: :beerbang: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:

--
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:40 am

I kinda figured out that energy drinks have been affecting my mood lately as I've been drinking more of them and I've been in worse moods lately. Apparently they can cause anxiety or something, so I decided I'd try going off them and I actually have noticed a difference. It's been over a week now since I've had one. Pretty minor rejoice but I felt like posting anyways. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm curious if maybe it's just a placebo effect or if they actually are mood altering.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 9107 posts