User

dws515

Rank

Oiler

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Boston, Massachussetts

Re: The Sailor Who Cried Wolf

by dws515 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Never heard of Manegarm, but I like what I hear! It sounds like Amon Amarth and Tyr mashed together, and that's just fine with me! Hoping for Amon Amarth or Alestorm next! :viking:
no avatar
User

macamatic

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:00 am

Fort Lauderdale area

by macamatic » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:09 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Y'all are getting your hopes up, I'm telling you. Amon Amarth would be last or nothing at this point. The biggest band this could be is Allegaeon is my guess.

And if I'm wrong and it is Amon Amarth, then yay you win! But seriously, don't get so up with the hopes!

I've only listened to a few songs but Manegarm to me so far sound kinda similar to Amon Amarth.

This late in the game to have two bands of similar styles, from the same country, announced would be highly unlikely I reckon.

Not to mention we already have 12 (!) Swedish bands. Compare that to 15 from the US, which I assume leads.
2017: 6523 | 2018: ?

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
no avatar
User

Gratch

Rank

Crewman

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am

Salt Lake City, Utah

by Gratch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:18 pm

Since the clues don't necessarily seem to mean anything now, I'll just go ahead and hope for Anaal Nathrakh, Allegaeon, or Amiensus.
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Erickson, Manitoba

by acidbasement » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:29 pm

The only "A" associated with heat that comes to my mind is Anvil.

That said, Astral Doors have a couple of songs with fire in the title, and I'd buy Jess a drink if they got announced.
Last edited by acidbasement on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My bucket list: Haggard, Kalmah, Saltatio Mortis, Orden Ogan, Avantasia, Edguy, Grai, Astral Doors, Civil War, Wederganger, Scarab, Kontrust, Gloryhammer
Other favourites: Therion, In Extremo, Blind Guardian, Alestorm, Metsatöll, Korpiklaani, Finntroll
User

Danny24601

Rank

Oiler

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:15 pm

by Danny24601 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:32 pm

I was really hoping for Amon Amarth and more folk metal, and Månegarm appears to be both at once so I'm pretty happy with this. I love it when I've never heard of a band before they get announced, but as soon as I listen to them I know they're gonna be a 1/2 set band.
User

alex_canada

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Winnipeg

by alex_canada » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:43 pm

As has already been said, the clues haven't really been clues so far, but:

-Amon Amarth = Mount Doom = FIREy volcano
-Cried wolf = every time A is announced, everyone always demands Amon Amarth
-The letter A is next.

I would think that if - oh fuck it, there's no logic here.
3 Inches of Blood, Accept, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Blind Guardian, Chthonic, DGM, , Gloryhammer, Kalmah, Manegarm, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Orden Ogan, Pagan's Mind, Scar Symmetry, Symphony X, Wuthering Heights
User

General Zod

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Philadelphia

by General Zod » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Andy wrote:We're turning up the heat now! Hang tight until the next "A"nnouncement...

Turning up the heat would produce ash. Could mean Ashes to Ares. Would love to have Barlow on the boat. Given we already have the drummer (Van Williams) from Ghost Ship, could be.
***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ereb-Altor-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-Gorgoroth-†-Gozu-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Katatonia-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Nevermore-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Royal-Thunder-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wildernessking-†-Zhrine
User

Downvod

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 am

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

by Downvod » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:03 pm

General Zod wrote:
Andy wrote:We're turning up the heat now! Hang tight until the next "A"nnouncement...

Turning up the heat would produce ash. Could mean Ashes to Ares. Would love to have Barlow on the boat. Given we already have the drummer (Van Williams) from Ghost Ship, could be.

Actually makes a lot of sense... also overdue for that type of band. Think you may be right.
70k 2016: Cabin 7279
70k 2017: Cabin 6361

Abbath-/-Accept-/-Aetherian-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-The.Black.Dahlia.Murder-/-Black.Fast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Dark.Angel-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Decapitated-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Exmortus-/-Exodus-/-The.Faceless-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Fragments.of.Unbecoming-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Hypocrisy-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Kataklysm-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Mastodon-/-Machine.Head-/-Meshuggah-/-Necrophagist-/-Nekrogoblikon-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nevermore.(reunion)-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Seducer's.Embrace-/-Sodom-/-Soilwork-/-Solution.45-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-Symphony.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Tiamat-/-Tyr-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Winterhymn-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart
no avatar
User

big perken

Rank

Crewman

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:13 am

Edmonton, Alberta

by big perken » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:15 pm

He might be back to not giving clues again. I hope so and its assassin for some german thrash
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:21 pm

macamatic wrote:
Not to mention we already have 12 (!) Swedish bands. Compare that to 15 from the US, which I assume leads.

Indeed :) Here is the breakdown so far!

15 USA - Anthrax, Cattle Decapitation, Death Angel, Demolition Hammer, Devildriver, Dying Fetus, Ghost Ship Octavius, Kamelot, Nile, Powerglove, Revocation, Stuck Mojo, Suffocation, Testament, Trauma
12 SWEDEN - Amaranthe, Arch Enemy, Avatarium, Draconian, Grave, Manegarm, Marduk, Misery Loves Co, Pain, Scar Symmetry, Therion, Unleashed
8 GERMANY - Axxis, Equilibrium, Grave Digger, Haggard, Orden Ogan, Saltatio Mortis, Uli Jon Roth, Xandria
6 FINLAND - Amorphis, Kalmah, Moonsorrow, Mors Principium Est, Omnium Gatherum, Stam1na
2 FRANCE - Gojira, Nightmare
2 NORWAY - Trollfest, Vreid
2 AUSTRIA - Edenbridge, Serenity
1 CANADA - Annihilator
1 IRELAND - Cruachan
1 ISRAEL - Orphaned Land
1 AUSTRALIA - Psycroptic
Would literally take all of these to get me back in 2018
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Evertale-/-Fogalord-/-Gotthard-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf[-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

Pellaz

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:48 pm

alex_canada wrote:As has already been said, the clues haven't really been clues so far, but:

-Amon Amarth = Mount Doom = FIREy volcano
-Cried wolf = every time A is announced, everyone always demands Amon Amarth
-The letter A is next.

I would think that if - oh fuck it, there's no logic here.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I'm pretty much over the "hoping for Amon Amarth" train. If it happens, awesome!; if not, well, I've still got a lot to look forward to on the boat....Manegarm included.
--And for the first time in a while, NO-ONE guessed correctly regarding Andy's next band. :o
2018 Wishlist:
Abbath--Amon.Amarth--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Dark.Tranquility--Dimmu.Borgir--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano
--Eluveitie--Emperor--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Green.Carnation--Ihsahn--Korpiklaani--Immortal--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Obscura--Old.Man's.Child--Opeth--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Devin.Townsend.Project--Turisas--Tyr--Vintersorg--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Erickson, Manitoba

by acidbasement » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:52 pm

UMC are trolling hard on Facebook, actually responding to people who are guessing that it's AA next.
I almost think we might get them. But not announced until Feb. 1.
My bucket list: Haggard, Kalmah, Saltatio Mortis, Orden Ogan, Avantasia, Edguy, Grai, Astral Doors, Civil War, Wederganger, Scarab, Kontrust, Gloryhammer
Other favourites: Therion, In Extremo, Blind Guardian, Alestorm, Metsatöll, Korpiklaani, Finntroll
no avatar
User

Gratch

Rank

Crewman

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am

Salt Lake City, Utah

by Gratch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:53 pm

General Zod wrote:

Or Ash Borer, which would also be pretty awesome.
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
User

Sgt. B

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

St Paul, Minnesota

by Sgt. B » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Good selection. I saw Manegarm at their first North American appearance (I think) in 2007 at Heathen Crusade II. I really enjoyed them.
WISHLIST:APaleHorseNamedDeath-Abbath-Accept-Aeon-Agalloch-Ahab-AliceCooper-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-Antaeus-Aosoth-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AstralDoors-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlackTrip-Bloodstrike-BoltThrower-Borknagar-Brainstorm-Candlemass-Carcass-CirithUngol-Conan-Convulse-Coroner-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-Danzig-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DevinTownsendProject-DewScented-Dismember-Draconian-DraggedIntoSunlight-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enshine-Enslaved-Entombed-Entrails-Evocation-Evoken-Exodus-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Flotsam&Jetsam-TheGathering-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GloriorBelli-Gnoff-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HallowsEve-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-Helix-Hollenthon-HoodedMenace-Horna-Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-InterArma-InVain-IronReagan-Izegrim-JudasPriest-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khold-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-Kreator-LaazRockit-LegionOfTheDamned-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-M.O.D.-MachineHead-MaelMordha-Manegarm-Melechesh-Meshuggah-MetalChurch-Mgla-Miasmal-MonsterMagnet-Moonloop-Moonsorrow-MorbusChron-MournfulCongregation-MysticProphecy-Naglfar-Nails-Necrophobic-NeObliviscaris-NeguraBunget-NocturnalRites-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Obituary-Obsequiae-Obscura-ObsidianTongue-Okera-TheOcean-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Portal-Powermad-[Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-Prong-Queensryche(LaTorre)-Rammstein-Remembrance-RottenSound-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Sarke-Saxon-Schammasch-ScorpionChild-Scorpions-SearBliss-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShadowGallery-ShapeOfDespair-Sirenia-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Slayer-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SuicidalAngels-Summoning-SvartCrown-Sylosis-Taake-Testament-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheRuinsOfBeverast-TheSecret-Therion-Thrudvangar-Thulcandra-Tiamat-Triptykon-TwistedSister-U.D.O.-Uada-Ufomammut-Ulcerate-Ulveheim-Unleashed-Vektor-Vinterland-Voices(UK)-Voivod-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-WASP-WarriorSoul-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witchcraft-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-Wolfchant-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Wolvhammer-Yakuza-Yob-Zhrine-ZimmersHole-Zombified

Survivor: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017&BtH(2012)
User

Azazel101

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

by Azazel101 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:18 pm

Just might be one of my favorite adds of the year. Well top 5
Been on my wish list all most every year
ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-Amorphis-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-Benidiction-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-DementedTed-/DemmolitionHammer-/--Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-Marduk-/-NuclearAssault-/-OverKill-/-NapalmDeath-/-Sepulturia(20yearsRootsw/MaxandIgore)-/-Testament-/-Tiamat-/-VoiVod-/-Wilt-/-25yearsofPro-Pain-/-Nailbomb-/-FudgeTunnel-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-Godflesh
ok for a start
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Midshipman

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Hang tight refers to the song "Choke". Next band is Alice in Chains. (yea, right) :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:44 pm

"Hang on tight" would really point to a storm ,an Alestorm!
My tiny wishlist:Europe ,Therion,Opeth ,and Dark Funeral
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
User

Godflesh

Rank

Petty Officer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:15 pm

Azazel101 wrote:Just might be one of my favorite adds of the year. Well top 5

I didn't know them before and they sound too folksy for me, but I'm listening to their latest album and they're really good. I'll try to catch one of their shows.
Glad people are happy!
User

Godflesh

Rank

Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Good selection. I saw Manegarm at their first North American appearance (I think) in 2007 at Heathen Crusade II. I really enjoyed them.

Dude, even if all the remaining bands were Crippers, still one band out of 5 would come from your wish list! (12/60)
User

Azazel101

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

by Azazel101 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Godflesh wrote:
Azazel101 wrote:Just might be one of my favorite adds of the year. Well top 5

I didn't know them before and they sound too folksy for me, but I'm listening to their latest album and they're really good. I'll try to catch one of their shows.
Glad people are happy!

I have never seen them live but I think they would be great on the pool deck around 3:00am
Black Dark Sky's, Breezy, no land insight and some great songs
ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-Amorphis-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-Benidiction-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-DementedTed-/DemmolitionHammer-/--Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-Marduk-/-NuclearAssault-/-OverKill-/-NapalmDeath-/-Sepulturia(20yearsRootsw/MaxandIgore)-/-Testament-/-Tiamat-/-VoiVod-/-Wilt-/-25yearsofPro-Pain-/-Nailbomb-/-FudgeTunnel-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-Godflesh
ok for a start
User

Jotunheimr

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Reno, Nevada

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:18 pm

The recent "We're turning up the heat now" clue seems like they're hinting at Amon Amarth but watch them book some crap like Arsonists Get All The Girls.
2015: 6511
2016: 7455
2018: Sooooooon

Trans-SiberianOrchestra-/-Savatage-/-JonOliva'sPain-/-CircleIICircle-/-Sabaton-/-Nightwish-/-Wintersun-/-Korpiklaani-/-InExtremo-/-Finntroll-/-Tyr-/-Heidevolk-/-AdornedBrood-/-BlackMessiah-/-Skyforger-/-Metsatoll-/-Helsott-/-RiotV-/-YngwieJMalmsteen-/-Firewind-/-Blackmore'sNight-/-Spellblast-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Borknagar-/-Viathyn-/-Varg-/-Solstafir-/-Isengard-/-Kampfar-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Necrophagist-/-Septicflesh-/-FleshgodApocalypse
User

Godflesh

Rank

Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:The recent "We're turning up the heat now" clue seems like they're hinting at Amon Amarth but watch them book some crap like Arsonists Get All The Girls.

Lol, I imagine the pitchforks if it turns out to be AUGUST BURNS RED :twisted: :twisted:
User

Warphine

Rank

Ensign

Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Orlando, FL

by Warphine » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:14 pm

There better be an "H" for HYPOCRISY coming in the next 9 announcements... or I'm going to watch Pain on the boat and probably not be able to shake the feeling that I wish I were watching Hypocrisy instead.

It's been 12 years since I last saw Hypocrisy live. That's 12 years too long.
Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Alkaloid/Allegaeon/APMD/Autopsy/Avatarium/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Cattle-Decapitation/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Demolition-Hammer/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Draconian/Firespawn/Funeral-Whore/Ghost-Ship-Octavius/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Infestus/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/Kalmah/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Marduk/Mgla/Miasmal/Midnight/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mors-Principium-Est/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Nigredo/Nile/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Omnium-Gatherum/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Revocation/Ripper/Scar-Symmetry/Scorched/Scythian/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Testament/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Uncle-Acid/Unleashed/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Watain/Witchcraft/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:11 am

I'd prefer Ereb Altor of the Swedish Viking era Bathory style bands, but Månegarm is a solid add anyhow. Can't really find anything similar between them and Amon Amarth though, and to me that is a good thing. And while we're on the subject of Amon Amarth, I really, really hope they won't be onbroad. I don't hate the band or anything, but their music is just so damn dull. And their diehard fanbase is starting to be just as lovely as Slayer 's. :beerwink:

As for the A band, Anaal Nathrakh would be cool. If the "turn up the heat" is a clue, "Anneke van Giersbergen's Vuur" (vuur is fire in Dutch) would be ridiculously awesome - even if the band just announced that their first show ever will be in the Netherlands in June. Ade could burn Carthago on their shows (latest album is called "Carthago delenda est").
Wishlist:
Anything with MARTIN VAN DRUNEN / CENTINEX / WITH THE DEAD / Anything with ANNEKE / CUT UP / MORE GIRLIE BANDS = MORE BETTER / OBSCURA / HAMFERĐ / MEMORIAM / WITHIN TEMPTATION / INSISION / BRAIN DRILL / ENTOMBED / TECHNICAL DEATH METAL
User

Jotunheimr

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Reno, Nevada

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:39 am

Memnoch wrote:And while we're on the subject of Amon Amarth, I really, really hope they won't be onbroad.

I really hope they get announced, which will rule them out for 2018 and free up a headliner slot for someone I haven't already seen 4 times.
2015: 6511
2016: 7455
2018: Sooooooon

Trans-SiberianOrchestra-/-Savatage-/-JonOliva'sPain-/-CircleIICircle-/-Sabaton-/-Nightwish-/-Wintersun-/-Korpiklaani-/-InExtremo-/-Finntroll-/-Tyr-/-Heidevolk-/-AdornedBrood-/-BlackMessiah-/-Skyforger-/-Metsatoll-/-Helsott-/-RiotV-/-YngwieJMalmsteen-/-Firewind-/-Blackmore'sNight-/-Spellblast-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Borknagar-/-Viathyn-/-Varg-/-Solstafir-/-Isengard-/-Kampfar-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Necrophagist-/-Septicflesh-/-FleshgodApocalypse
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:45 am

Haha, I hope Andy's saving them for 2018, since it's highly unlikely that I'll be going then. Going to San Diego in November for the Craft Beer Week, so probably won't have enough vacation days for 70k.
Wishlist:
Anything with MARTIN VAN DRUNEN / CENTINEX / WITH THE DEAD / Anything with ANNEKE / CUT UP / MORE GIRLIE BANDS = MORE BETTER / OBSCURA / HAMFERĐ / MEMORIAM / WITHIN TEMPTATION / INSISION / BRAIN DRILL / ENTOMBED / TECHNICAL DEATH METAL
User

Yippee38

Rank

Crewman

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 am

by Yippee38 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:49 am

Godflesh wrote:
Jotunheimr wrote:The recent "We're turning up the heat now" clue seems like they're hinting at Amon Amarth but watch them book some crap like Arsonists Get All The Girls.

Lol, I imagine the pitchforks if it turns out to be AUGUST BURNS RED :twisted: :twisted:

heh. That actually seems like it fits the clue really well too.
User

Yippee38

Rank

Crewman

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 am

by Yippee38 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:52 am

Downvod wrote:Actually makes a lot of sense... also overdue for that type of band. Think you may be right.

It seems like a bit of stretch to me. As much as I'd like to see them, as I'm a huge Barlow fan, they seem to be pretty inactive. The last "news" on their website is from August 2015.
no avatar
User

Mark

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed May 13, 2015 3:39 am

Karlsruhe/Germany

by Mark » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:58 am

Manegarm is another really solid late add.
By now I have way too many bands that I'd like to see this year.
Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
User

AceHugger

Rank

Petty Officer

Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:52 am

London, UK

by AceHugger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:25 am

alex_canada wrote:-Cried wolf = every time A is announced, everyone always demands Amon Amarth

- this - If I was him, - everyone expected it early - defy them. - everyone now expects it last - defy them

If he does this, - no-one will ever have any idea in future if the big bands have come, or are going to be added at the end, or at any point in between. Every band announcement could potentially be a BIGGY - I think it would be a stroke of absolute Genuis.

the ethos will become that "ANY band can drop at ANY time". People will be waiting with baited breath through every announcement ( much like now) - & I think it would boost ticket sales for later years because people will have the confidence that the lineup will take shape over time & will not disappoint. - If this does happen, I think it's clear they're playing the long game.

More to the point, - I have to admit that i'm not really familiar with them AT ALL, - so today at work, - I'm going to Spotify up & see what all the hype is about, - I'll let you know my thoughts later.

- Peace out -

P.S. - I'm still waiting for spineshank to be announced.....
2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .

2018.....??????
no avatar
User

macamatic

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:00 am

Fort Lauderdale area

by macamatic » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:08 am

Godflesh wrote:

I think a lot of people here would enjoy ABR much more than they would like to admit. They always put on a fantastic show and JB is a criminally underrated guitarist.

That being said, they're on tour during the cruise.
2017: 6523 | 2018: ?

Want: Ancient Bards, Dark Tranquillity, Deadlock, Disarmonia Mundi, In Mourning, Insomnium, Symphony X, The Unguided, Wintersun, Within Temptation
User

TPH

Rank

Crewman

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:23 am

Memnoch wrote:And while we're on the subject of Amon Amarth, I really, really hope they won't be onbroad. I don't hate the band or anything, but their music is just so damn dull. And their diehard fanbase is starting to be just as lovely as Slayer 's. :beerwink:

If I see you on the boat, a free beer of your choice will be coming your way :mrgreen:
I can't understand why this band has become so huge. And I have come to fucking loathe them, because some awesome bands I love have ended up opening for them, instead of doing their own tours...paid a full show just to see Testament opening a few months ago (Testament were awesome, I left just after their show), going to miss Dark Tranquillity for the same reason.
Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2016 (2017 already booked)
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
User

AceHugger

Rank

Petty Officer

Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:52 am

London, UK

by AceHugger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:47 am

I just threw this together as I was bored, and i don't think this needs a thread of it's own, .....so

I always found it Interesting (??) that in my personal CD collection (back in the day) I had Sooooo many 'S' artist's albums more than any other letter. which got me wondering......

so yeah, - Just in case anyone even cares... number of bands by first letter of artist name.

There's 'A' clear front-runner at present.....

A - 8 ( Including the unknown 'A')
B - 0
C - 1
D - 5
E - 2
F - 0
G - 4
H - 1
I - 0
J - 0
K - 2
L - 0
M - 5
N - 2
O - 3
P - 3
Q - 0
R - 1
S - 6
T - 4
U - 2
V - 1
W - 0
X - 1
Y - 0
Z - 0

whee, - that was fun!
2017 - Deck 8 -... 8372 .

2018.....??????
User

MettalMiranda

Rank

Oiler

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Pittsburgh , PA

Re: Rise And Shine!

by MettalMiranda » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:22 am

Daenerys wrote:*waves* Hi Miranda! Super excited that we'll be seeing you both in a few weeks! :D

I cannot wait to see you either ! This is going tgo be so much fun !

Demolition hammer - Onslaught - BullRiff Stampede - Kryptos -Seprevation -Gojira - Black Kirin - Ego Falls - Testament - Savage Messiah - Anthrax - Krysthla - Beholder - Demonic Resurrection - Reptilian Death - Bhyanak Maut- BurgerKill
no avatar
User

Mark

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed May 13, 2015 3:39 am

Karlsruhe/Germany

by Mark » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:23 am

Thanks for sharing, I always enjoy random facts :cheers:
The number of A bands really shows how much Andy tried to tease us this time around though :twisted:
Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
User

General Zod

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Philadelphia

by General Zod » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:28 am

TPH wrote:And I have come to fucking loathe them, because some awesome bands I love have ended up opening for them, instead of doing their own tours...

You hate Amon Amarth because they give quality acts the opportunity to perform to a bigger crowd and hopefully grow their own audience as a result? These bands are choosing to open for Amon Amarth, rather than doing their own tours, because it's better for them in both the short and long term. If you wish to direct your anger at bands for the openers they choose, why not direct it at Iron Maiden for taking out Bullet for my Valentine, Judas Priest for taking Five Finger Death Punch or Metallica for taking out Baby Metal? These legendary acts could be passing the torch and are instead choosing to merely add a few more dollars to bank accounts they'll never exhaust, by ceding to corporate interests.
***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ereb-Altor-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-Gorgoroth-†-Gozu-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Katatonia-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Nevermore-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Royal-Thunder-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wildernessking-†-Zhrine
User

TPH

Rank

Crewman

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:07 am

Well, I have the habit of overstating things :D
I don't literally "fucking loathe" them, just that seeing bands that could tour by themselves having to open for them, when they are 10 times better than AA, is starting to piss me off. Obviously, Amon Amarth is a big deal at the moment, and opening for them is a very safe choice that allows to play in front of lager crowds, and minimize financial risks. And Dark Tranquillity and Testament, selling-wise, can't compare to AA at the moment.
But this doesn't change the fact that some of my favorite bands have to take opening slots for the same band, which I've always found bland as hell - and it's not like I didn't try before, especially live. It's like having to pay 50€ for one glass of Westmalle Tripel, but only if you drink four pints of Coors Light later.

At least we can agree on the second part of your post.
Last edited by TPH on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2016 (2017 already booked)
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
User

Phoenix

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:09 am

70,000 Tons of Metal 2017, brought to you by the letter A!

General Zod wrote:...These bands are choosing to open for Amon Amarth, rather than doing their own tours, because it's better for them in both the short and long term...

Yup. Bigger bands that can choose their openers will do what they can for the guys they think deserve a boost. I think I heard it was Blind Guardian and a few others that always pick which bands they want to tour with, which gives the other bands a MAJOR chance to shine. Gotta respect them for that. I've been to SO MANY shows where I like one of the support bands more than the main attraction, but if not for the main attraction I probably wouldn't have gotten to see the band otherwise.

Someone did say that Amon Amarth fans as a whole are not the best to be on a boat with, and yeah that's in some ways true. That'll happen for most main stream metal bands, which I think it's probably safe to say AA is at this point. That may, if Amon Amarth is locked in for this year (I'm thinking that it's not the case with every passing announcement), be the reason he's been holding off announcing them. He doesn't want to draw their not-so-great fans onto a boat where family is the #1 reason people book.
Amon.Amarth-†-Black.Crown.Initiate-†-Children.of.Bodom-†-ChthoniC-†-dEMOTIONAL-†-Gorod-†-In.Extremo-†-Insomnium-†-In.Vain-†-Korpiklaani-†-Melechesh-†-Mercenary-†-Metsatöll-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Sabaton-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Soilwork-†-Solstafir-†-Tengger.Calvary-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

captaingabbeh

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Calgary, Canada

by captaingabbeh » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:11 am

Crap, why have I never listened to Manegarm before? This is some great music.

2015, 2016, 2017

Will return in 2018 for: NeO-Chthonic-Heidevolk-Sabaton-Powerwolf-Kreator-Finntroll-Nightwish-Gojira-Myrath-Thunderstone-TheAgonist-Skindred-Satyricon-Wintersun-Hypocrisy-Epica-Starkill-Crossfaith-Zeal&Ardor
User

crazemidgt

Rank

Crewman

Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:40 am

by crazemidgt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:17 am

Phoenix wrote:70,000 Tons of Metal 2017, brought to you by the letter A!

General Zod wrote:...These bands are choosing to open for Amon Amarth, rather than doing their own tours, because it's better for them in both the short and long term...

Yup. Bigger bands that can choose their openers will do what they can for the guys they think deserve a boost. I think I heard it was Blind Guardian and a few others that always pick which bands they want to tour with, which gives the other bands a MAJOR chance to shine. Gotta respect them for that. I've been to SO MANY shows where I like one of the support bands more than the main attraction, but if not for the main attraction I probably wouldn't have gotten to see the band otherwise.

Someone did say that Amon Amarth fans as a whole are not the best to be on a boat with, and yeah that's in some ways true. That'll happen for most main stream metal bands, which I think it's probably safe to say AA is at this point. That may, if Amon Amarth is locked in for this year (I'm thinking that it's not the case with every passing announcement), be the reason he's been holding off announcing them. He doesn't want to draw their not-so-great fans onto a boat where family is the #1 reason people book.

That is a very good point. A friend ended up getting a broken arm and cheek bone during Amon Amarth's last show in Calgary during a friendly mosh pit we started that turned violently aggressive. Some douchebag decided that it would be cool to suplex him and in turn he ended up missing the rest of the show and had a prolonged stay in the hospital.
I absolutely hate going to shows in North America because there are so many idiots who think it is appropriate to only have the intent to injure someone in the pit.
70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
MetalDays - 2014
PreviousNext