Post Reply 292 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2019?
    Zed3
    Petty Officer

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2019?

by Zed3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:58 am

bodomdragon wrote:Kind of bad news: european tour featuring Amorphis, Soilwork, Jinjer and Nailed to Obscurity overlapping with the cruise. These four bands are out.

The good news is that they play in Barcelona five days after the cruise so I'll get to watch them :D

Was about to post the news... Planning to come back on 70k in 2020 only, that's good news to me as they'll be playing in Lyon and won't miss them ! :headbanger: and then they can be onboard again in '20 :D
    2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
    ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:06 am

bodomdragon wrote:Kind of bad news: european tour featuring Amorphis, Soilwork, Jinjer and Nailed to Obscurity overlapping with the cruise. These four bands are out.

JINJER! Would have loved to see her on the boat. She played SLC in April, might have to wait a while to see her roll through again.
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:29 pm

All bands from 70k 2018
    Cripper - quitting after this June
    Tengger Cavalry - gone the way of the dodo
    Katatonia - contemplating their navels instead of doing band stuff
    Wisdom - taking a break
    Nightwish - not doing any shows in 2019 as working on new album
    Morgoth
    Gravedigger - touring
    Burning Witches - touring with Gravedigger
    Amorphis - touring
    Soilwork - touring
    Jinjer - touring
    Nailed to Obscurity - touring

All bands from MORC 2019 including:
    Extreme
    Queensryche
    Saxon
    Skid Row
    Danger Danger
    King's X
    DAD
    Pink Cream 69
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote:All bands from 70k 2018
    Jinjer - touring

Burning Witches - Another girlie band I follow that I won't get to see anytime soon.

And 3 on my Bucket List of bands I wanted to see.

Any chance Andy would book Heilung, or are they too progressive for the boat? They are primordial cave-man aboriginal type metal. I've been wanting to see them since I first experienced them on YouTube.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    AJMA
    Oiler

by AJMA » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:27 am

Avantasia ruled out.
    Asked on facebook and answered by Tobi himself :cry:

Alejandro Melgar: 70000 Tons of Metal is a little bit much to ask? :P
    Avantasia: Yes, no shows in January...

Source:
    https://www.facebook.com/avantasia/photos/a.10151031238933889.434995.266872843888/10156064757873889/?type=3&theater
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:46 am

Interviewed Oscar from Hammerfall last night for 70K. He said that they would love to be back on the boat but have Jan/Feb booked up for the next 2 years so 2021 would be the earliest they could do it.

Then again, they were supposed to be recording an album this year but instead toured North America and are hitting the festivals in Europe since their tour in 2017 was so successful. So...plans can change...you never know!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:14 am

AJMA wrote:Avantasia ruled out.

Source:
    https://www.facebook.com/avantasia/photos/a.10151031238933889.434995.266872843888/10156064757873889/?type=3&theater

Well, fuck.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:42 pm

All bands from 70k 2018
    Cripper - quitting after this June
    Katatonia - contemplating their navels instead of doing band stuff
    Wisdom - taking a break
    Nightwish - not doing any shows in 2019 as working on new album
    Morgoth
    Gravedigger - touring
    Amorphis - touring
    Soilwork - touring
    Jinjer - touring
    Nailed to Obscurity - touring
    Hammerfall - Oscar says no
    Avantasia - Tobi says no

All bands from MORC 2019 including:
    Extreme
    Queensryche
    Saxon
    Skid Row
    Danger Danger
    King's X
    DAD
    Pink Cream 69
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:15 pm

I wanted to request Bathsheba (awesome doom from Belgium with a female vocalist), but Metal Archives reports that they'll be playing their final gig on August 16th, 2018.
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:28 pm

AJMA wrote:Avantasia ruled out.

Source:

But day 2 is already february... :roll:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:08 pm

The late announcements are contributing to my eyeing up other festivals and taking a break after 8 years. I'd go on 70k again if the lineup is rolled out and mostly good, but vacation time at my new job is harder to get...
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:52 am

alex_canada wrote:The late announcements are contributing to my eyeing up other festivals and taking a break after 8 years. I'd go on 70k again if the lineup is rolled out and mostly good, but vacation time at my new job is harder to get...

Yup. I've got less vacation/flex time at this job overall too, so while I'm resigned to doing at least one more year of 70k (2019 or 2020), I might start looking at other destinations.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:11 am

Godflesh wrote:I wanted to request Bathsheba (awesome doom from Belgium with a female vocalist), but Metal Archives reports that they'll be playing their final gig on August 16th, 2018.

Nice and spooky, I like. Thanks for the suggestion.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:44 am

alex_canada wrote:The late announcements are contributing to my eyeing up other festivals and taking a break after 8 years. I'd go on 70k again if the lineup is rolled out and mostly good, but vacation time at my new job is harder to get...

It'd break my heart not to see you on-board, but honestly, with the repeating destination and current lack of hype/announcements, I'd understand this year. If you skip out on 2019 - come back for the 10th since Andy promises something special! Otherwise, see ya in the moshtub.

Side Note: I'm also interested in a 2019 or 2020 European metal fest, but it's a little more complicated for me to hash out travel plans like that with the little dinosaur.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Less than a week to wait now :shred:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:48 am

Godflesh wrote:Less than a week to wait now :shred:

... what do you know that we don't?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:55 pm

Phoenix wrote:

I'm betting it's an inspired guess....but it's a good one.

It IS just about time.

Soooooooooooooooooooon.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:05 pm

It is almost Canada Day. And we could use some good news.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

I'm betting it's an inspired guess....but it's a good one.

It IS just about time.

Soooooooooooooooooooon.

Yes, it will happen on Tuesday, with Dimmu Borgir opening the dance.
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:00 am

Phill Anselmo & The Illegals Will be Touring Brazil during the cruise, so any project with Phill Anselmo is ruled out
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:10 am

Tengger Cavalry have reformed so they can be removed from the list. http://bravewords.com/news/tengger-cavalry-regroup-and-release-new-single-and-music-video-for-heart
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:45 am

mooyagi wrote:Tengger Cavalry have reformed so they can be removed from the list. http://bravewords.com/news/tengger-cavalry-regroup-and-release-new-single-and-music-video-for-heart

F'n awesome! So glad to hear this, thanks for the update!

Bob wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Tengger Cavalry is no more. Saw them on a few wishlists.

That sucks, I was hoping to see them someday live. http://lambgoat.com/news/29641/Tengger- ... -breaks-up

Didn't care for the original stuff but their cover songs were awesome.

Tengger Cavalry - Symphony of Destruction (Megadeth Cover)
    https://youtu.be/6hwl-nABpNI

Tengger Cavalry - Nemesis (Arch Enemy Cover)
    https://youtu.be/MWu1VA0T3MA

Tengger Cavalry - Du Hast (Rammstein Cover)
    https://youtu.be/MdTe0smBBac

On another note: Recently discovered Inquisition, what an amazing sound they have.

https://youtu.be/ZrNyEx9jME4
    OMG and this: https://youtu.be/KILavnRoheY?list=RDKILavnRoheY

But after a little research I also discovered they were dropped from their label a few months back, some unsavory news still being hashed out, but the damage is done, so I don't think we'll ever see them play on the boat. Think they played on the boat 2013. Listening to their latest album, really creepy stuff going on there, too bad I'll never see them perform I guess, sad.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:51 am

mooyagi wrote:Tengger Cavalry have reformed so they can be removed from the list. http://bravewords.com/news/tengger-cavalry-regroup-and-release-new-single-and-music-video-for-heart

Andy! You are taking so long that bands are actually disbanding and then reuniting before we even have announcements!
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:20 am

Downvod wrote:

Andy! You are taking so long that bands are actually disbanding and then reuniting before we even have announcements!

Ye gods, it's true. :evil:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Welli
    Oiler

by Welli » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:14 am

Bummer! Wisdom is out. First, Mate Bodor left rhe band, now this:
    "Wisdom has come to an end. We stopped Wisdom to find a way we can all go forward into the future and gather new energy and Inspiration"
    And: "NG got a serious health issue which is still undiagnosed. He hasn't been able to sing for almost a year."
    Will they ever come back?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Welli wrote:Bummer! Wisdom is out. First, Mate Bodor left rhe band, now this:
    "Wisdom has come to an end. We stopped Wisdom to find a way we can all go forward into the future and gather new energy and Inspiration"
    And: "NG got a serious health issue which is still undiagnosed. He hasn't been able to sing for almost a year."
    Will they ever come back?

Yeah I dunno! That most recent update from Wisdom was SOOOO contradictory! Because after the above, they immediately went on to state that:
    "Nevertheless, we plan to make the fifth Wisdom album and release it sometime in the future. So just keep fingers crossed and let's see what the future holds for us! "
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:20 am

Announcements are taking so long and ruled out list is growing.

Soon we're gonna be able to guess the line-up :lol:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:13 am

Well, did they just release a video with the first announcements??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

JoAnnamayhem
    Petty Officer

by JoAnnamayhem » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:35 am

Well, did they just release a video with the first announcements??

Yes! Totally worth the wait!
    2018 - 9318
    2019 - 9222
    2020 - Home with my newborn!
    2023 - 7698
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:01 pm

JoAnnamayhem wrote:Well, did they just release a video with the first announcements??

Yes! Totally worth the wait!

Oh gawd, I about threw up in my mouth when I saw this. Haha, RickRolled!

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:03 am

Omnium Gatherum are out. Confirmed for Full Metal Cruise :cry:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:25 am

Phoenix wrote:Omnium Gatherum are out. Confirmed for Full Metal Cruise :cry:

Is there any proof that a band that is doing another cruise cannot do 70K? I'm asking this because FMC is 3 months after 70K and it is happening in another continent... so it is definitely not a logistics problem.
    Wishlist:

• Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:37 am

Well, how often does Vanhala miss the boat? If Insomnium & Omnium are out for next year... let's just be clear that it's obviously Niilo on vocals in Belzebubs - maybe Vanhala is on guitar and they'll still make their way on-board, lol.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:43 am

bodomdragon wrote:

Is there any proof that a band that is doing another cruise cannot do 70K? I'm asking this because FMC is 3 months after 70K and it is happening in another continent... so it is definitely not a logistics problem.

Not that we know of, but there's probably a 90-12 day non complete clause.

This was literally the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning, so I'm even amazed I was able to post this.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:19 am

bodomdragon wrote:

I am also confused as to why they would be ruled out. Dark Tranquillity and Wolfheart did the Nordic Metal Cruise literally 5 days after 70K this past February 10.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:22 am

Battlebeast also did 70K 2018 and Full Metal Cruise 2018. It's a non-issue. See you next year, Markus :cheers:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:26 am

Downvod wrote:Battlebeast also did 70K 2018 and Full Metal Cruise 2018. It's a non-issue. See you next year, Markus :cheers:

Fair enough! Again, I posted that right after I woke up so I think I just panicked. Markus for every year.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:51 am

Phoenix wrote:Markus for every year.

May Andy hear ya!!!
    Wishlist:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Downvod wrote:Battlebeast also did 70K 2018 and Full Metal Cruise 2018. It's a non-issue. See you next year, Markus :cheers:

Another year of possibly encountering him and his bandmates in the hot-tub. I think I'm 2 years out of 3.
    70,000 Tons of Markus. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:29 am

Manilla Road will most likely be out due to Mark 'the Shark' Shelton passing today. :cry:
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • Post Reply 292 posts