Post Reply 3920 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

by klons » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:44 am

ExtraneouS wrote:Off topic, but how are things paid for on the ship? I once went on a carnival cruise and everything was done with a card they gave you once you got on the ship, does it work the same way with Royal Caribbean?

Welcome! Yes, yes it does work that way. You can either load it with cash once you get on the ship or connect it to a credit card when boarding. Handy note, the card is water proof!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:20 am

klons wrote:
    ExtraneouS wrote:Off topic, but how are things paid for on the ship? I once went on a carnival cruise and everything was done with a card they gave you once you got on the ship, does it work the same way with Royal Caribbean?

Welcome! Yes, yes it does work that way. You can either load it with cash once you get on the ship or connect it to a credit card when boarding. Handy note, the card is water proof!

I'm assuming that includes the merch booth?
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:06 am

indeed it does.
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:02 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:indeed it does.

cool, thanks :beerbang:
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:36 am

ExtraneouS wrote:What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I had a crush on Britney Spears when I was 8

Creepier still, I had one on her when I was 32 :oops: :? ;) :boobs: :wank:

Welcome abroad!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:43 am

MikeB wrote:Hi !

It's gonna be my first cruise ever. I'm going alone, hope to make some friends there.

City/country:
    Montreal, Canada

A good chunk of us cruisers will be at Heavy Montreal and hanging out at Foufones that weekend so you're welcome to come chill with us!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:31 am

Stained Class wrote:
    MikeB wrote:Hi !

It's gonna be my first cruise ever. I'm going alone, hope to make some friends there.

City/country:
    Montreal, Canada

A good chunk of us cruisers will be at Heavy Montreal and hanging out at Foufones that weekend so you're welcome to come chill with us!

There is shitload of good bands this year at Heavy MTL!
    For The Horde!
  • Drunkonvict
    Oiler

by Drunkonvict » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:36 am

ExtraneouS wrote:Yoyo

Top 5 Bands:
    Sonata Arctica
    Dethklok
    Amon Amarth
    Blind Guardian
    Steel Panther

Love the top 5 list, man. Freakin amazing. And stuff is paid for except booze, merch and johnny rockets, or at least was last year.
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:59 am

Pellaz wrote:\
    Top whatever bands?

Dead Can Dance (you didn't specify metal bands, now, did ya? :cool: )

YESSSS!!! DCD are amazing , I especially love their last album it's so beautiful
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:10 am

Fatum11 wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:\
    Top whatever bands?

Dead Can Dance (you didn't specify metal bands, now, did ya? :cool: )

YESSSS!!! DCD are amazing , I especially love their last album it's so beautiful

Dead Can Dance are incredible and absolutely deserve a spot in anyone's top 5. Brendan Perry and Lisa Gerrard are brilliant.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:14 pm

Seeing Dead Can Dance back in 2012 was magical, amazing band.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Seeing Dead Can Dance back in 2012 was magical, amazing band.

I've been privileged to see them three times. The first time (wayy back when) we only saw the last two-thirds of their performance...and it still became one of the top 5 live performances I've EVER seen...and I've seen some humdingers!
    Flew up to NYC and saw them at Radio City Music Hall the second time. That place is HUGE...and it seemed like we were a half-mile away. Still a great show.
    And then I saw 'em in 2012 on that reunion tour...just amazing!

Another "sleeper" non-metal band that I love and a lot of metal muzos like* is Ozric Tentacles...but I digress.
    Back to the new future-survivor introductions!

----
    * Mikael Akerfeldt, Devin Townsend, Mike Portnoy and Christofer Johnsson among them.....
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:30 pm

Yo Pellaz, welcome to 70k. I recognize your name from the Progpower forums...I hang around there sometimes even though I haven't been since IV - VIII
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • TanzaSpeed
    Wiper

by TanzaSpeed » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:59 am

This is fun! :P

City/country:
    Quebec city, Canada.

Age (optional):
    23. I'm a leo.

What first got you into metal?
    Probably my parents... Both metalheads. Grow up looking at them living like this, I guess it turned into natural.

Play any instruments?
    Guitar, bass, fruity loops, wisttle and I sing.

Top 5 bands?
    If you know any of these then let's taaaaaaaaalk :P
    Darkness (Ger)
    Wardaance
    Desaster (Ger)
    Luzbel
    Razor

What do you do?
    I do clothing, I have a band, I manage an online store, I play video games (the retro the better). I don't study yet but i have plans of do it... I'm still deciding what to study, if I study... But I'm more the kind of people that learn from their experiences... Something more like a constructivist education. I don't drink or smoke... cigarrettess... or cigars...

What deck are you on?
    Find me.

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I'm a 80s synthpop fanatic to death... Also I finished magical drop III on Neo-Geo without loosing continues... Sexy, uh?
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:46 am

Hi from Montreal ! (Laval more exactly)
    It's good to have a few people around here on the boat.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:24 am

Seems like there are enough people going from Quebec that booking Cryptopsy wouldn't just be a good idea....hell, it's almost a moral imperative! :lol: :shred:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:29 am

Pellaz wrote:Seems like there are enough people going from Quebec that booking Cryptopsy wouldn't just be a good idea....hell, it's almost a moral imperative! :lol: :shred:

I'd say Beyond Creation would be awesome, and Anonymus too. Don't forget Blackguard
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:25 pm

MikeB wrote:Don't forget Blackguard

Please do. PLEASE! :twisted:

Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

nay, i liked blackguard.

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:56 am

Razor Ramon wrote:Seeing Dead Can Dance back in 2012 was magical, amazing band.

Agree with this and all the other DCD comments - I've been a fan since the 80s, but had never seen them until 2012 at Chicago's Millennium Park - beautiful gig in every way.

TanzaSpeed wrote:This is fun! :P

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I'm a 80s synthpop fanatic to death...

I'm also a huge 80s synth-pop fan going back to that era...one of my fave musical genres of that time** :cheers: That music never gets old to me.... :mrgreen:

a few favorites....
    Al Jourgensen & Ministry during his short-lived synth-pop stage....Revenge (1983): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L0q6FQY0Y4
    Depeche Mode: New Life (1981): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFnEhwmpjXI

** which is why 80s metal bands like Grim Reaper (who I just saw on Saturday) are new (to me) since *that* kind of music was not on my radar whatsoever then. :P
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:35 am

Laura wrote:** which is why 80s metal bands like Grim Reaper (who I just saw on Saturday) are new (to me) since *that* kind of music was not on my radar whatsoever then. :P

How was GR and, more importantly to me personally, how did you enjoy the might ARGUS???

When I saw the gig poster you posted in the gigs thread, it led me to the realization that I may have to do some traveling just to catch a gig of theirs sometime soon. Would hate to see them disband or something before I ever got a chance to hear them perform live :fear:

SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi, guys! I just booked, so it's safe to say I'll be on the boat in 2015. We have months to go, but I'm pretty damn excited.

City/country:
    Rochester, New York in the USA

My best friend in high school started dating a guy who listened to extreme metal. We went camping and stole his Amorphis CD to listen to in the tent. Tales is still one of my favorite metal albums.

Play any instruments?
    Tried my hand at guitar for a short while in high school, and I gotta say, I suck at music.

Top 5 bands?

It changes based on mood, but for now I'll say...

*Anything with Devin Townsend in it
    Amorphis
    *Eluveitie
    Black Sabbath
    Opeth

* - bands I actually saw live so far

What do you do?
    I'm a Web Developer in a marketing office

What deck are you on?

I bought a single ticket for a balcony quad, cabin 8674. If anybody here is gonna be my roomie, totally get in contact. I look forward to meeting some great fellow metal heads. :deathhorns:
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:22 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Laura wrote:** which is why 80s metal bands like Grim Reaper (who I just saw on Saturday) are new (to me) since *that* kind of music was not on my radar whatsoever then. :P

How was GR and, more importantly to me personally, how did you enjoy the might ARGUS???

When I saw the gig poster you posted in the gigs thread, it led me to the realization that I may have to do some traveling just to catch a gig of theirs sometime soon. Would hate to see them disband or something before I ever got a chance to hear them perform live :fear:

I really enjoyed both headliners - Riot on Friday (last on the bill at 11:20 pm) and Grim Reaper on Saturday (came on 11:45 pm). I was only slightly familiar with those two, but the rest of the line-up I was completely unfamiliar with. Since I had other plans earlier both evenings, I pretty much just went for those two & arrived pretty late both nights (Friday at 11 pm & Saturday at 10-ish). I caught the last song or so of Argus on Saturday, followed by Voltax from Mexico & then GR. Can't tell you much of anything about Argus, then. :oops: The *main* reason I went to the fest in the first place was to see Margie who came in from California, Ryan & Meredith, Jeff B and several others. It was really great to see everyone and I ended up liking the gigs much more than I expected (since that is generally not the kind of metal I gravitate toward). Steve Grimmett of GR is such a character & I got a big kick out of songs like "Rock You to Hell" & Grab Your Garmin." :P Also.. the brand new lead singer of Riot has a fantastic voice - I dubbed him the "heavy metal Steve Perry."
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Welcome all new Cruisers.... :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:59 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

nay, i liked blackguard.

I'd welcome them. Haven't seen them since before the last album came out, and it's quite good
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Hey everyone... name's Mike. 2015 will be my first time!

City/country:
    Avondale, Arizona, USA

Age (optional):

Been listening to stuff like Metallica, Pantera and White Zombie since I was little because it was what my older sister listened to... one day back in high school I was flipping through TV channels and I landed on the Music Choice metal channel... discovered a lot of cool bands, including Children of Bodom who I got hooked on immediately and that opened me up to a whole new world of metal.

Play any instruments?
    I was into electric guitar in high school, kinda lost interest after a while and haven't played in 6 or 7 years now... I still have a B.C. Rich Platinum Series Warlock hanging on my wall, but I sold all my amps and everything else. Someday when I have the time and money I'll pick up a new amp and try to get into it again. I do miss it sometimes.

Top 5 bands?
    Paradise Lost
    Bloodbath
    Edge of Sanity
    Hypocrisy
    Nightwish

What do you do?
    I'm a dispatcher for a small trucking company.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Go to metal shows, go to bars, read, watch movies, sleep...

What deck are you on?

Hmm... I'm a big fan of trance music. The really poppy kind.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:49 am

EpidemicReign wrote:City/country:
    Avondale, Arizona, USA

Woo! More Arizona cruisers :bangers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:44 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    EpidemicReign wrote:City/country:
    Avondale, Arizona, USA

Woo! More Arizona cruisers :bangers:

:beerbang: Cheers! I'm so ready.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    erin_calaquendi
    Wiper

by erin_calaquendi » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:19 pm

City/country:
    canada

a handsome prince who was riding on the back of a unicorn with his shirt billowing in the wind (alex_canada)

Play any instruments?
    ocarina

Top 5 bands?
    within temptation
    nightwish
    blind guardian
    iron maiden
    wintersun

What do you do?
    commercial interior designer

What deck are you on?

if you don't like dragons i don't like you
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:48 am

erin_calaquendi wrote:City/country:

Play any instruments?
    ocarina

cool!
    and
    welcome

alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:57 pm

she "plays" the ocarina like i "sing" at kareoke
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:46 pm

alex_canada wrote:she "plays" the ocarina like i "sing" at kareoke

Drunk?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Tristess
    Oiler

by Tristess » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:11 pm

Yuss! Just confirmed I will be aboard, flights etc sorted.
    This is my first cruise, first time abroad going it solo and I don't know anyone so please play nice! Looking forward to meeting some people! :D

City/country:
    Wellington / New Zealand

Age (optional):

A combination of falling in love with Ozzy and a mixed tape I was given when I was 14 with some old Megadeth, Faith No More, AC/DC, Skid Row and Queensryche did the trick!

Play any instruments?
    Bass, a bit of Piano

Top 5 bands?
    Gahh this is hard so current rotation is:
    Death
    Nevermore
    Sentenced
    Samael
    Amorphis

What do you do?
    Administrative support

What deck are you on?

Call me a Kiwi and I will get really weirded out that maybe you can tell I'm from NZ lol :p
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:38 am

Tristess wrote:This is my first cruise, first time abroad going it solo and I don't know anyone so please play nice! Looking forward to meeting some people! :D

Welcome ! It's going to be my first time on a cruise boat and I'm going alone too, so hit me up if you see me. I'm willing to talk to anyone as long as they're into metal.
    Tristess
    Oiler

by Tristess » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:50 am

MikeB wrote:
    Tristess wrote:This is my first cruise, first time abroad going it solo and I don't know anyone so please play nice! Looking forward to meeting some people! :D

Welcome ! It's going to be my first time on a cruise boat and I'm going alone too, so hit me up if you see me. I'm willing to talk to anyone as long as they're into metal.

Awesome, will do for sure! cheers! :)
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:37 am

Tristess wrote:What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Call me a Kiwi and I will get really weirded out that maybe you can tell I'm from NZ lol :p

I lived in NZ for 20 years, I will know ;) Lived not far from Welly in fact. Masterton. So you can probably understand why I escaped, haha.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:20 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

yes lets forget...

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Tristess
    Oiler

by Tristess » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Conrad wrote:
    Tristess wrote:What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?

I lived in NZ for 20 years, I will know ;) Lived not far from Welly in fact. Masterton. So you can probably understand why I escaped, haha.

Lol I was born in Masterton! Totally understand, congrats on getting out! hahah :)
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:24 pm

I haven't been on since 70k II, but welcome to the brand new cruisers!
    Feels like I'll be a newbie myself again this time around.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Max_Rockwell wrote:I haven't been on since 70k II, but welcome to the brand new cruisers!
    Feels like I'll be a newbie myself again this time around.

You don't get to wipe the slate clean entirely....the Chili's debacle of 2011 still remains
Post Reply 3920 posts