Post Reply 3920 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
  • corsetgirl83
    Wiper
    Posts: 1
    Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:35 am

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by corsetgirl83 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:13 am

    Hello! My name is Heather my husband and I will be joining all you fine metal heads in 2015 on 70k tons of metal. We're first timers and really looking forward to it.

    City/country:
    Pompano Beach, FL

    Age (optional):
    31

    What first got you into metal?
    I guess Ive been into it since my parents listened to it, but outside of Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath I would have to say when I met my husband in 2004 and he and his friends introduced me to Dream Theater and Nightwish.

    Play any instruments?
    Saxophone and oboe and sing

    Top bands? No particular order...
    Led Zeppelin
    Kamelot
    Rush
    Circus Maximus
    Therion
    Pain of Salvation
    Orphaned Land
    Ashes of Ares

    What do you do?
    Custom clothing designer

    What deck are you on?
    deck 7! staying with My husband and two of our amazing Canadian friends!

    What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Ive been told I'm a witch since I can communicate with animals and I dream things before they happen!
  • User avatar
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2159
    Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm
    Location: Edmonton,Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Jaimie38 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:59 pm

    Welcome!! :bangers:

    There is also a Facebook closed group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/182819641768657/

    This is a great place to meet and discuss and argue all things 70k.

    No matter what bands you listen to, you will be made fun of :lol:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
  • User avatar
    The_Rocking_Wolf
    Wiper
    Posts: 1
    Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:31 am
    Location: Belp, Switzerland

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by The_Rocking_Wolf » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:16 am

    City/country:
    Belp, Bern, Switzerland

    Age (optional):
    25

    What first got you into metal?
    I don't know exactly, I think my best friend turned me to this awesome music!

    Play any instruments?
    I'm learning acoustic guitar at the moment, I want to play e-guitar.

    Top 5 bands?
    Arch Enemy
    Metallica
    In Extremo
    Iron Maiden
    Black Sabbath

    What do you do?
    I'm working as an automatician technican.

    What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Gaming, going out with friends, going to concerts, festivals and openairs

    Oh, and it's the first time I'm on this boat, my first time in the USA too :shred:
    LET'S ROCK!!! :viking:
  • DavidWinter
    Oiler
    Posts: 19
    Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:15 pm

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by DavidWinter » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:40 pm

    First timer for 2015, cant wait till January lml to have a blast on the cruise and meet new people. So, for the introduction:

    City/Country
    Sonora, Mexico

    Age
    23

    What first got you into metal?
    My elder brother born in the 70s had me listening to Iron Maiden, Megadeth and stuff since I was 4 or so years old lol. Needed to happen.

    Play any instruments?
    Piano, Drums

    Top 5 bands?
    Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Pain of Salvation, Persefone, Dimmu Borgir (WTF)

    What do you do?
    Full time posgraduate student

    What do you like to do on your spare time?
    Sleep, play the piano, read

    What deck are you on?
    K

    What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I'm a huge fan of Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and bands with those over the top cheesy/romantic lyrics. So trve lml.
  • User avatar
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 220
    Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:25 pm
    Location: Playa del Carmen, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by gundiesalvo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:01 am

    Welcome DavidWinter, Rocket_Wolf and corsetgirl!
    Jaimie, I can't seem to be able to open the link you posted.

    DavidWinter wrote:What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I'm a huge fan of Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and bands with those over the top cheesy/romantic lyrics. So trve lml.


    Sounds like we have to hit the Karaoke bar man!
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
  • DavidWinter
    Oiler
    Posts: 19
    Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:15 pm

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by DavidWinter » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm

    gundieslavo wrote:Sounds like we have to hit the Karaoke bar man!


    For sure man! We'll be living on a prayer after we run out of alcohol lol
  • User avatar
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 463
    Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 pm
    Location: Montgomery, Texas
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by mbob » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:10 pm

    City/country:
    Montgomery (Houston), Texas

    Age (optional):
    44

    What first got you into metal?
    KISS in the 70s!

    Play any instruments?
    Current: Bass
    Past: Guitar, Drums, Keyboards and Cello

    Top 5 bands?
    Iron Maiden
    Rush
    Queen
    Jimmy Buffett
    Journey

    What do you do?
    Development manager for a financial software company

    What deck are you on?
    8

    What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Play with my kids, write music and enjoy craft beer!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Late booking and terrible dates kept me away.
    2021- What might the future hold?
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:21 pm

    Yaaay!

    More mexicans on the boat!! :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:

    Welcome, everyone!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman
    Posts: 68
    Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:22 am
    Location: Wales
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by feanorfelagund » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:54 am

    Whoever decided to put all my favourite things in one place is a legend. All my life I wondered why I am a metalhead, particularly into pagan folk metal, but my favourite things were not very metal, like sunshine, the ocean, boats and the tropics. Basically when I saw this.. and saw the lineup.. it was like everything suddenly made sense and I realised what I want to do with my life. This will be my first time, I seriously doubt it will be my last! See you there!

    City/country:
    Wales, Aberporth (yes THE Aberporth)

    Age (optional):
    26 (but as it's optional, 20)

    What first got you into metal?
    When I was 5, 'best of the 60's' was the heaviest thing I'd heard, when I was 9 Metallica Reload came out and blew my mind, when I was 16 I heard In Flames - Clayman and filled the cup

    Play any instruments?
    just my penis

    Top 5 bands?
    Ensiferum
    Finntroll
    Blind Guardian
    Korpiklaani
    [edit: Falconer]
    Metallica

    As you can see 3 of my top 5 are there... I still get emotional thinking about it

    What do you do?
    Web Designer

    What deck are you on?
    dunno 7297 so im guessing ...7?

    What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Would you like several drinks?
    Last edited by feanorfelagund on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
  • User avatar
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 466
    Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 pm
    Location: Rochester, NY

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by SaraMarie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:24 am

    feanorfelagund wrote:City/country:
    Wales, Aberporth (yes THE Aberporth)


    Que? :lol:

    feanorfelagund wrote:What do you do?
    Web Designer


    Hola, fellow web professional!

    Good to see more first-timers on the board. :cheers:
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Varalai
    Wiper
    Posts: 2
    Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:41 pm

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Varalai » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:30 pm

    A lot of firsts for me on this trip. Never been on a cruise or to Jamaica for that matter to list a few lol. Excited to see whats up! Anyone feel the need to dig deeper than that will have to actually find me on the cruise :P

    City/country:
    Minnesota, USA

    Age (optional):
    27 (22 Please.)

    What first got you into metal?
    Grew up with my older brothers listening to Rolling Stones, Metallica ect and it just grew from there.

    Play any instruments?
    Piano kinda... can't read the music but I can play by ear most of the time xD

    Top 5 bands?
    Tool
    A Perfect Circle
    10 Years
    #4
    #5

    What do you do?
    Shipping Clerk till I can get my Masters in Psychology.

    What deck are you on?
    I'm guessing ...7?

    What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I bite.
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm

    feanorfelagund wrote:Whoever decided to put all my favourite things in one place is a legend. All my life I wondered why I am a metalhead, particularly into pagan folk metal, but my favourite things were not very metal, like sunshine, the ocean, boats and the tropics. Basically when I saw this.. and saw the lineup.. it was like everything suddenly made sense and I realised what I want to do with my life. This will be my first time, I seriously doubt it will be my last! See you there!

    City/country:
    Wales, Aberporth (yes THE Aberporth)

    Age (optional):
    26 (but as it's optional, 20)

    What first got you into metal?
    When I was 5, 'best of the 60's' was the heaviest thing I'd heard, when I was 9 Metallica Reload came out and blew my mind, when I was 16 I heard In Flames - Clayman and filled the cup

    Play any instruments?
    just my penis

    Top 5 bands?
    Ensiferum
    Finntroll
    Blind Guardian
    Korpiklaani
    [edit: Falconer]
    Metallica

    As you can see 3 of my top 5 are there... I still get emotional thinking about it

    What do you do?
    Web Designer

    What deck are you on?
    dunno 7297 so im guessing ...7?

    What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Would you like several drinks?


    Silmarillion references(s) in username, likes Blind Guardian, AND folk metal fan? Sounds like we'll be friends! :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • User avatar
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman
    Posts: 68
    Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:22 am
    Location: Wales
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by feanorfelagund » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:53 am

    X-Thor wrote:
    Silmarillion references(s) in username, likes Blind Guardian, AND folk metal fan? Sounds like we'll be friends! :bangers:


    Awesome! Although if you get me going on that book... well, make sure you're sitting and have a full drink :lol:
    "Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
  • User avatar
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 132
    Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:37 am

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by CountArioch » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:26 pm

    Folk metal is the shit.
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:52 pm

    feanorfelagund wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:
    Silmarillion references(s) in username, likes Blind Guardian, AND folk metal fan? Sounds like we'll be friends! :bangers:


    Awesome! Although if you get me going on that book... well, make sure you're sitting and have a full drink :lol:


    We will be good friends, I see. :bangers: :bangers:

    Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo.

    (that's as far as my Quenya goes, unfortunately)
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • thev666
    Wiper
    Posts: 6
    Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:25 pm

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by thev666 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:35 pm

    First time on 70000 tons for me... I can't wait.

    City/country:
    Vancouver, Canada

    Age (optional):
    24

    What first got you into metal?
    Disturbed, Metallica, Slipknot, Korn and a TV show on YTV that used to have (nu) metal music videos late at night. I don't recall the name.

    Play any instruments?
    No

    Top 5 bands?
    Blind Guardian
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Hell
    Grave Digger

    What do you do?
    Electronics Engineering student. Currently an Intern at Tesla Motors.

    What deck are you on?
    7?
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 546
    Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm
    Location: Squamish, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by klons » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:23 pm

    thev666 wrote:First time on 70000 tons for me... I can't wait.

    City/country:
    Vancouver, Canada

    Age (optional):
    24

    What first got you into metal?
    Disturbed, Metallica, Slipknot, Korn and a TV show on YTV that used to have (nu) metal music videos late at night. I don't recall the name.

    Play any instruments?
    No

    Top 5 bands?
    Blind Guardian
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Hell
    Grave Digger

    What do you do?
    Electronics Engineering student. Currently an Intern at Tesla Motors.

    What deck are you on?
    7?


    Another new friend for Hector :lol: Welcome!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • NuuX
    Ensign
    Posts: 1153
    Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:16 am
    Location: Slovenia

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by NuuX » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:56 am

    klons wrote:Another new friend for Hector :lol: Welcome!


    If I see a Mexican leading a charge on a unicorn abroad the Liberty, followed by a horde of minions, I'll know it's Hector leading his posse to a Blind Guardian concert. I just my join him then!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 546
    Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm
    Location: Squamish, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by klons » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:39 am

    NuuX wrote:
    klons wrote:Another new friend for Hector :lol: Welcome!


    If I see a Mexican leading a charge on a unicorn abroad the Liberty, followed by a horde of minions, I'll know it's Hector leading his posse to a Blind Guardian concert. I just my join him then!


    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

    THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • User avatar
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2891
    Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am
    Location: Mexico City, Mexico
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by X-Thor » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:11 pm

    klons wrote:
    thev666 wrote:Top 5 bands?
    Blind Guardian

    Another new friend for Hector :lol: Welcome!

    You read my mind!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

    klons wrote:
    NuuX wrote:
    klons wrote:Another new friend for Hector :lol: Welcome!


    If I see a Mexican leading a charge on a unicorn abroad the Liberty, followed by a horde of minions, I'll know it's Hector leading his posse to a Blind Guardian concert. I just my join him then!


    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

    THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!


    OMG YES!!!!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

    In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

    Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1992
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Phoenix » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:44 pm

    Well hi. I guess this is the part where I introduce myself. I see that as usual I am surrounded by men. Ah, being a metal lady. But this is my first cruise, which I'm super stoked about!

    City/country:
    Calgary, Canada

    Age:
    23

    What first got you into metal?
    So way back in junior high I had a friend that was really into My Chemical Romance (uhh), Incubus (ok better) and Marilyn Manson. I found myself really liking Manson, even better that my parents hated that I listen to it. The year after a friend sent me Nightwish's Once album, which I ate the fuck up. Finally, in high school, my best friend introduced me to Silent Civilian. I have been listening to metal and its many varieties ever since.

    Play any instruments?
    Just my voice. I like to think I'm good... if I can manage to keep up the practice I can hold pace with Anette in most songs (many lower but I can belt it out when I need to)

    Top 5 bands?
    Onto bands no one has ever heard of! (Well two)
    Sabaton
    Silent Civilian
    dEMOTIONAL
    Nightwish (Tarja, Anette, why can't we all just get along?)
    Apocalyptica

    What do you do?
    "Hey look buddy, I'm an engineer." Chemical to be exact. What exactly it is I do depends on my company's client.

    What deck are you on?
    Deck 6... room 6481. Played the lottery, we'll see how that works out.

    What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Probably just walking up to me and saying either "Golden Sun" or "Fire Emblem". Favourite game and series respectively... prepare to discuss for far too long.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21292
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by mooyagi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:39 pm

    Phoenix wrote:Well hi. I guess this is the part where I introduce myself. I see that as usual I am surrounded by men. Ah, being a metal lady.


    Pretty good number of broads on broad. I'd say a higher female percentage than at normal metal shows. At least in my experience.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1992
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Phoenix » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:45 pm

    mooyagi wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Well hi. I guess this is the part where I introduce myself. I see that as usual I am surrounded by men. Ah, being a metal lady.


    Pretty good number of broads on broad. I'd say a higher female percentage than at normal metal shows. At least in my experience.



    That's good to hear :) I'm used to it at this point but the promise of meeting more ladies is always good.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4803
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Memnoch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:54 am

    mooyagi wrote:Pretty good number of broads on broad. I'd say a higher female percentage than at normal metal shows. At least in my experience.


    I think it's fairly obvious you don't attend enough girlie band gigs. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • User avatar
    mooyagi
    Captain
    Posts: 21292
    Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ, USA

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by mooyagi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:49 am

    Memnoch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Pretty good number of broads on broad. I'd say a higher female percentage than at normal metal shows. At least in my experience.


    I think it's fairly obvious you don't attend enough girlie band gigs. :lol:


    I guess I don't :boobs:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1992
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Phoenix » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:26 am

    mooyagi wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Pretty good number of broads on broad. I'd say a higher female percentage than at normal metal shows. At least in my experience.


    I think it's fairly obvious you don't attend enough girlie band gigs. :lol:


    I guess I don't :boobs:


    Apparently I don't either :/
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4803
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Memnoch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:40 am

    Well, in all honesty, I guess the only ones here attending enough girlie metal shows (although it could be argued there's no such thing as enough girlie metal shows) are me, Dallas, Einar and Michael. Sorry if I forgot anyone. Feel free to chime in and lose all credibility. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 546
    Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm
    Location: Squamish, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by klons » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:00 pm

    Memnoch wrote:Well, in all honesty, I guess the only ones here attending enough girlie metal shows (although it could be argued there's no such thing as enough girlie metal shows) are me, Dallas, Einar and Michael. Sorry if I forgot anyone. Feel free to chime in and lose all credibility. :lol:


    I'm going to see Delain and Xandria tonight ;) Ignore the fact that Sonata is headlining (seriously, I have problems enjoying almost everything post Unia).
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • User avatar
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2159
    Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm
    Location: Edmonton,Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Jaimie38 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:23 pm

    Welcome Phoenix..

    More Albertans...more better...


    :pound:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
  • User avatar
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2159
    Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm
    Location: Edmonton,Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Jaimie38 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:23 pm

    Welcome Phoenix..

    More Albertans...more better...


    :pound:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1992
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Phoenix » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:56 pm

    Jaimie38 wrote:Welcome Phoenix..

    More Albertans...more better...


    :pound:



    It will be a pleasure to share a cruise with you sir :death: Bunch of my Calgarian friends convinced me to join them this year so here I go! I'll find a picture of me to post as soon as I can find a suitably metal one.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4803
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Memnoch » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:03 am

    klons wrote:I'm going to see Delain and Xandria tonight ;) Ignore the fact that Sonata is headlining.


    I'm extremely jealous of that. Well, at least they make you suffer through Sonata. :lol:
    Seems I have to fly to the Netherlands if I want to see Delain live anytime soon. They're on a European tour with Sabaton early next year, but my hatred for Sabaton is greater than my love for Delain. :cry:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 546
    Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm
    Location: Squamish, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by klons » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:42 am

    Memnoch wrote:
    klons wrote:I'm going to see Delain and Xandria tonight ;) Ignore the fact that Sonata is headlining.


    I'm extremely jealous of that. Well, at least they make you suffer through Sonata. :lol:
    Seems I have to fly to the Netherlands if I want to see Delain live anytime soon. They're on a European tour with Sabaton early next year, but my hatred for Sabaton is greater than my love for Delain. :cry:


    Suffer through Sonata is right... that was fucking terrible. :cry:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Stained Class » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:17 am

    Phoenix wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:Welcome Phoenix..

    More Albertans...more better...


    :pound:



    It will be a pleasure to share a cruise with you sir :death: Bunch of my Calgarian friends convinced me to join them this year so here I go! I'll find a picture of me to post as soon as I can find a suitably metal one.

    I'm trying to figure out who you are. Are you Andrea, Steph or Julie?
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    Decibel
    Oiler
    Posts: 24
    Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:53 am
    Location: Calgary, Alberta

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Decibel » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:23 am

    Also trying to figure this out...Steph didn't do the lottery soo can't be her....also weird as that is my username for other stuff, unless I'm pretending to be a girl now...

    Also Welcome!
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1992
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Phoenix » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:28 am

    Stained Class wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:Welcome Phoenix..

    More Albertans...more better...


    :pound:



    It will be a pleasure to share a cruise with you sir :death: Bunch of my Calgarian friends convinced me to join them this year so here I go! I'll find a picture of me to post as soon as I can find a suitably metal one.

    I'm trying to figure out who you are. Are you Andrea, Steph or Julie?


    I see Marlo in your photo and I JUST met her last week at Vile Insignia/Ides of Winter... I'm Jess! I was there because Eric invited me.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • User avatar
    Stained Class
    Commander
    Posts: 9589
    Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am
    Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Stained Class » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:41 am

    Phoenix wrote:
    I see Marlo in your photo and I JUST met her last week at Vile Insignia/Ides of Winter... I'm Jess! I was there because Eric invited me.

    Ohhhh okay cool! Welcome onbroad!
    9 time cruiser

    I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

    I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • User avatar
    Decibel
    Oiler
    Posts: 24
    Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:53 am
    Location: Calgary, Alberta

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Decibel » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:29 pm

    Is this the Jess that was at Kingslayers' Bday Party at Bottlescrews?
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1992
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Phoenix » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:41 pm

    Decibel wrote:Is this the Jess that was at Kingslayers' Bday Party at Bottlescrews?


    No, though I did recently party with the Kingslayer. That particular evening I couldn't make it out. Next thing I'm planning on going to in Cowtown is Amon Amarth.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • User avatar
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2159
    Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm
    Location: Edmonton,Canada
    Contact:

    Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

    by Jaimie38 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:08 pm

    Memnoch wrote: , but my hatred for Sabaton is greater than my love for Delain. :cry:




    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The man means business!!
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
Post Reply 3920 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Razor Ramon and 13 guests