Moonstaff wrote:
    Top 5 bands?
    Dream Theater
    Pagan's Mind
    Symphony X
    Queen
    Queensryche

Awesome bands!! :shred:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • coco_liso24
    Wiper

Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

by coco_liso24 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:40 pm

City/country:
    Houston, Texas
    (Originally from San Luis Potosi, Mexico)

Age (optional):

What first got you into metal?
    It started with what is know as "mexican national rock" which was fairly common where I grew up. This was the door that opened up a world of music for me. From there I got into classic rock, then into thrash metal, and eventually into the vast number of metal sub-genres.

Play any instruments?
    Sadly, no. I did try to learn guitar once but never really kept at it, so I never learned. I'd like to learn to play drums now!

Top 5 bands?
    Amon Amarth
    Tierra Santa
    Led Zeppelin
    Immortal
    Therion

What do you do?
    I'm a field technician for an Oil/Gas service company

What deck are you on?
    I can't remember :( BUT I am in one of them, doesn't matter, I'll be there. Wooh!

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    That I wear my underwear inside-out during concerts as a good luck charm....

No, i'm kidding, but that does sound pretty cool. Actually, I don't know... I'll have to get back with you on that one.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:06 pm

City/country:
    Forest Hill,Maryland USA

Age (optional):
    Old

The "We Sold Our Soul For Rock and Roll Album" by Black Sabbath My friend had his uncle's copy and the tri-tone got me.
    Play any instruments?
    Guitar

Top 5 bands?
    Therion
    Bathory
    Black Sabbath
    Judas Priest
    Iron Maiden

What do you do?
    If I told you I have to kill you.

What deck are you on?
    Unbooked as of now ,3 time 2012-2014 cruiser

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I worship Cthulhu! (I should have done this survey a long time ago)
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • mushoomhead666
    Oiler

by mushoomhead666 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:19 am

City/country:
    Chicago, IL

Age (optional):
    26, 27 two days after we come back

neighbor would listen to Korn when we hung at while I was like 10 and now we are here.

Play any instruments?
    nothing

Top 5 bands?
    Mushroomhead
    the black dahlia murder
    iron maiden
    the offspring
    5th not sure im going with whitechapel

What do you do?
    I'm working a freightliner dealership in the service office.

What deck are you on?
    I have a room in the Promenade PR deck so some where on decks 6, 7, 8

uhhh nothing really
    2015 CABIN 6563
    2016 CABIN 7629
  • redberen
    Wiper

by redberen » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:56 am

Hodwy all! I'm Ian, and I surely know some of you guys. Only took me 4 years but I finally joined the forum. This is gonna be cruise number 4 for me. Best vacation ever!

City/country:
    Denver, Colorado, USA

Korn and Limp Bizkit in 7th grade. Then I discovered good metal when my sister bought me a copy of Master of Puppets

Play any instruments?
    Bass guitar (13 years). I also dabble on the regular guitar and a bit on piano.

Top 5 bands?
    This is a hard question...
    Soilwork
    Metallica
    Arch Enemy
    Deadlock
    Allegaeon

What do you do?
    Healthcare data analysis

What deck are you on?
    Deck 2. 2317.. will see how the lottery goes.

Calling me "turtle".
    2011, 2013, 2014 Survivor!
    Ladysarah
    Oiler

by Ladysarah » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi! I am a little shy but very nice! Would love to make some friends in January!!
    City/country:
    USA, Iowa

Age (optional):

Maiden and Metallica when I was a wee thing.

Play any instruments?
    Classically trained opera singer. Can make my way around a few other instruments.

Top 5 bands?
    Ugh what a question! I'll go with I'm most excited for Apocalyptica on the cruise.

What do you do?
    Research biochemist.

What deck are you on?

My old job was cutting up dead bodies and packaging the parts for research. Paid my way through grad school.
    Rosenkreutz
    Wiper

by Rosenkreutz » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Well hello,
    Complete newbie here.

/country:
    Puerto Rico

Age (optional):

Can't remember for sure, probably evanescence when I was younger haha.

Play any instruments?
    A little bit of guitar.

Top 5 bands?
    umm.. I'll answer that with the ones going on the cruise
    Therion
    Blind Guardian
    Alestorm
    Ensiferum
    Behemoth

What do you do?
    Student

What deck are you on?
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:43 am

look all all these new people! welcome abroad everybody!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Capt.Howdy
    Crewman

by Capt.Howdy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:54 am

Kiss - Destroyer in 1987

Play any instruments?
    guitar, bass, mic, bagpipe

Top 5 bands?

Black Sabbath
    Trouble
    Motörhead
    Triptykon
    Gorefest / Morbid Angel/ Bolt Thrower/ Mercyful Fate..... :mrgreen:
    wishlist 2015: TROUBLE, SABBAT, Candlemass, Procession, Lord Vicar, Triptycon, Count Raven, Krux, Bolt Thrower, Morgana Lefay, Sanctuary, Flotsam and Jetsam, Morbid Angel, Anthrax, Exodus, Orchid, Forsaken (Malta), Skyclad, Riot....,
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:17 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    Moonstaff wrote:
    Top 5 bands?
    Dream Theater
    Pagan's Mind
    Symphony X
    Queen
    Queensryche

Awesome bands!! :shred:

AGREED! :shred:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Leprechaun
    Oiler

Re: Who are you?

by Leprechaun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:14 am

CharleneThrashes wrote:
    Chopper wrote:Age (optional):
    45...I guess Im the 2nd oldest so I may be in a rocking chair. :beerhorns:

Not to worry. My ball and chain coming is 48.
    :beerwink:

Not to worry, i'm even older :chug:
    70k 2014
    70k 2015
    70k 2016
    70k 2017
    Wacken since 1998
    Bang your Head since 1998
    Member of the Wacken Metal Battle Judges
    Leprechaun
    Oiler

by Leprechaun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:35 am

City/country:
    Irish living in Switzerland near the german border

Age (optional):
    probably the oldest here :death:

Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Ten Years After, the soon the discovery of Thrash

Play any instruments?
    I sing hairbrush and shower

Top 5 bands?
    5 is never enough
    Annihilator, all time fave
    Destruction
    some awesome southafrican bands
    Bolt Thrower
    Obituary
    Asphyx
    Amon Amarth
    and to many more to mention

What do you do?
    Technical support

What do you do in your free time'
    reading, playing online games, watching movies, go to festivals and concerts

What deck are you on?
    Deck 7 in 2015, cabin 7296

There is nothing that will weird me out except if you say that you never heard of StarWars :bitch:
    70k 2014
    70k 2015
    70k 2016
    70k 2017
    Wacken since 1998
    Bang your Head since 1998
    Member of the Wacken Metal Battle Judges
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Welcome to all the new folks!

Funny how people manage to find the Forum after Andy mentions it publically....whereas previously there was no direct link to it from the 70K site at all.... :lol:

Tono_Fyr wrote:Hey! My name's Trapper, and I've been wanting to go on what I can only think of as BOATQUEST since it was first announced back in 2010. The money and line up finally, well, lined up this year... and I'm fucking stoked! It should be one hell of a party!

City/country:
    Savannah, GA

Age (optional):

Oh HELL yeah, someone else from Georgia! Raf M. and I are from the Atlanta metro! :deathhorns:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:19 am

Pellaz wrote:Funny how people manage to find the Forum after Andy mentions it publically....whereas previously there was no direct link to it from the 70K site at all....

There has always been a link - red button under "Community" section, but I must admit it took me some (a long) time to find it too :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:54 am

Yeah, I always would just google "70000tons forum" and click there until I bookmarked it, and later found the little red button. Anywho, welcome all! Looks like an interesting crowd building up here.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
  • Daniellica
    Wiper

by Daniellica » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:24 am

I am Danica! Last year was my first year, and I can't WAIT until next year. I am half asleep and shall try to fill this thinger out the best I can.

City/country:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada!

Age (optional):
    26!

My Mama. She's a metalhead, so I grew up with it. Never really known anything else :D

Play any instruments?
    I am positive that I could play a mean tambourine. But no, no I don't.

Top 5 bands?
    Good god....
    ummm...

Korpiklaani
    Sonata Arctica
    Sabaton
    Alestorm
    Finntroll

Maybe... I don't know. That requires much more thinking than I can currently handle.

What do you do?
    Photography (mainly Fetish and Gore), and Chain Maille. I am also currently in school to learn all the fun stuff to do with running a business. A friend and I are opening up a Fetish shop.

What deck are you on?
    That's a wonderful question.
    K. I think.

I have no idea. It's fairly difficult to creep me out. I also have no shame. I get called 'That Red Haired One', and apparently last year I was being calle 'The Red Ball of Energy' because I find it quite difficult to calm down or sit still.

2015 Wishlist: Sabaton, Metsatoll, Nightwish, Hammerfall, Heidevolk. I dunno. More Power Metal, More Folk Metal!
    :givebeer: :3drunks: :chug: :belly: :cheers: :headbanger: :beerbang:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:39 am

Daniellica wrote:Top 5 bands?
    Good god....
    ummm...

Korpiklaani
    Sonata Arctica
    Sabaton
    Alestorm
    Finntroll

2/5 onbroad and one (Sonata Arctica) being heavily rumoured. You must be quite happy :) Welcome!
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• Daniellica
    Wiper

by Daniellica » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:44 am

I am absolutely thrilled. Last year I was reaaaaally hoping Korpiklaani would get announced. SOOO pumped! This will be my 6th time seeing them <3
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:39 am

Pellaz wrote:Welcome to all the new folks!

Funny how people manage to find the Forum after Andy mentions it publically....whereas previously there was no direct link to it from the 70K site at all.... :lol:

Tono_Fyr wrote:Hey! My name's Trapper, and I've been wanting to go on what I can only think of as BOATQUEST since it was first announced back in 2010. The money and line up finally, well, lined up this year... and I'm fucking stoked! It should be one hell of a party!

City/country:
    Savannah, GA

Age (optional):

Oh HELL yeah, someone else from Georgia! Raf M. and I are from the Atlanta metro! :deathhorns:

Hah, how've you been since ProgPower, Paul? I've seen a few of your posts around and just kind of chuckled to myself. You've been at probably 8 or 9 out of 10 metal shows I've been to in Atlanta.

Hm, I wonder if I know Raf M, too? Does he usually show up at all the prog/power/folk/thrash metal shows at the Masq?
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:43 pm

Ladysarah wrote:Hi! I am a little shy but very nice! Would love to make some friends in January!!
    City/country:
    USA, Iowa

What do you do?
    Research biochemist.

What deck are you on?

My old job was cutting up dead bodies and packaging the parts for research. Paid my way through grad school.

another scientist! :heavydrink:
    welcome!
    Ladysarah
    Oiler

by Ladysarah » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:52 pm

athun wrote:
    welcome!

Multiple metal chemists. Oh my! We'll have to talk projects between bands.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:10 pm

Ladysarah wrote:
    athun wrote:
    welcome!

Chemists, eh? Are there any other engineers on the boat?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Daniellica wrote:I'The Red Ball of Energy' because I find it quite difficult to calm down or sit still.

She is not kidding, folks.

Also, YAY. DANICAAAA. :wank:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:54 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Ladysarah wrote:
    athun wrote:
    welcome!

Computer science engineer here and going back to school for mechanical.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:08 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:
    Ladysarah wrote:

Computer science engineer here and going back to school for mechanical.

Electronics engineer here. Working with digital design for touchscreen controllers.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:18 am

Another Computer Science Engineer here :)
    Wishlist:

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:16 am

bodomdragon wrote:Another Computer Science Engineer here :)

Love meeting people in my line of work :D Would be cool to have a beer with you on the boat
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:11 am

Jotunheimr wrote:

Love meeting people in my line of work :D Would be cool to have a beer with you on the boat

Absolutely. We'll do it!
    Wishlist:

MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:17 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:

Absolutely. We'll do it!

Can I join as a software engineer ?
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:02 am

MikeB wrote:Can I join as a software engineer ?

We need to do some sort of Software Engineer meeting at some point in this cruise :D That's gonna be interesting.
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:49 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    MikeB wrote:Can I join as a software engineer ?

We need to do some sort of Software Engineer meeting at some point in this cruise :D That's gonna be interesting.

Dope there's so many of you! I'm out of the software meet up though, I'm process and environmental xD

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:50 pm

HELLO MY LONG LOST FRIENDS!!!! I'LL BE ON 70K2015 :viking:

I LOVE METAL. METAL IS LIFE. I EAT METAL. I DRINK WHISKEY. I BREATHE METAL. I SLEEP METAL. CAN'T WAIT TO BE ON BROAD!

EVERYONE ELSES BOAT SUCKS!!!!

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:39 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:I've left engineering after 15 odd years, went into brewing instead.

A whole lot less money, a whole lot more getting up silly early in the mornings, a whole lot coming home with cuts and burns
    A whole lot more fun!
    yay

I remember I introduced myself once, I'm sure of it
    Anyhow, I've been on all the cruises, including the best, Barge to Hell, not so sure I will keep that tradition going though, but still check the forum every now and then

Good to see you found your way. So far I'm having fun as a Software Engineer - or rather, I should say, as a Business Intelligence consultant. Whenever I get bored of it it will be time to think about something else, too. You're still invited to the Software Engineer meetup :D
    Wishlist:

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:41 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:I've left engineering after 15 odd years, went into brewing instead.

A whole lot less money, a whole lot more getting up silly early in the mornings, a whole lot coming home with cuts and burns
    A whole lot more fun!
    yay

Anyhow, I've been on all the cruises, including the best, Barge to Hell, not so sure I will keep that tradition going though, but still check the forum every now and then

Good to see you found your way. So far I'm having fun as a Software Engineer - or rather, I should say, as a Business Intelligence consultant. Whenever I get bored of it it will be time to think about something else, too. You're still invited to the Software Engineer meetup :D

Coding is so much fun :cool: what languages do you use in your work?
    2025:

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:49 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

A whole lot more fun!
    yay

Right now I'm working with QlikView, which is basically a combination of other languages. The queries are very SQL-ish, for instance. I think it's a very interesting world, but I'm rather new at it (I've been working in this field for little more than 12 months). I've been with C, C++ and PHP in the past, too. And you?
    Wishlist:

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:26 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Good to see you found your way. So far I'm having fun as a Software Engineer - or rather, I should say, as a Business Intelligence consultant. Whenever I get bored of it it will be time to think about something else, too. You're still invited to the Software Engineer meetup :D

Right now I'm working with QlikView, which is basically a combination of other languages. The queries are very SQL-ish, for instance. I think it's a very interesting world, but I'm rather new at it (I've been working in this field for little more than 12 months). I've been with C, C++ and PHP in the past, too. And you?

A long time ago I did stuff with Python and Ruby but now it's been completely C++ (in the future, my industry is heading toward C#) and a little bit of MATLAB and LaTeX for side projects. Been wanting to learn some Java but never got around to it.
    Last edited by Jotunheimr on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2025:

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:28 am

Jotunheimr wrote:A long time ago I did stuff with Python and Ruby but now it's been completely C++ (in the future my, industry is heading toward C#) and a little bit of MATLAB and LaTeX for side projects. Been wanting to learn some Java but never got around to it.

I always promised myself I'd learn LaTeX some time in order to write at least one of my Thesis but never found the time or motivation :D and I used some matlab back in University, I must admit I hated it :D
    Wishlist:

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:41 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:A long time ago I did stuff with Python and Ruby but now it's been completely C++ (in the future my, industry is heading toward C#) and a little bit of MATLAB and LaTeX for side projects. Been wanting to learn some Java but never got around to it.

I always promised myself I'd learn LaTeX some time in order to write at least one of my Thesis but never found the time or motivation :D and I used some matlab back in University, I must admit I hated it :D

Yeah, working toward a Ph.D in mathematics is my main motivation for learning them. I'm not much of a fan either :lol:
    2025:

• jtw7266
    Oiler

by jtw7266 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:46 pm

City/country:
    New Jersey, USA

Age (optional):

Metallica.. followed by slayer.. followed into old school hatebreed.. followed into soilwork / scar symmetry... saw what else I could possibly listen to so I keep my pulse up.. invested in slamming brutal death metal.. some black metal... melodic / technical death metal.. heard it all... im looking for the next best thing.. and 70,000 tons it is!

Play any instruments?
    A 12 oz. beer

Top 5 bands?

Metallica
    Soilwork
    At The Gates
    Scar Symmetry
    Cannibal Corpse

What do you do?
    Security Contractor

What deck are you on?
    I'll 1 up... room 6402 w/ my buddy who is just as much as a metal maniac. Come by and slam some brews! I enjoy meeting people and having a great time!

Is it true that if you get so hyper from all the metal and energy of the fellow cruiser metal heads.. will you jump off the ship?
    2015 - Room # 6402
    2016 - Room # 9309
  • hellvelyn
    Wiper

by hellvelyn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:27 pm

City/country:
    San Jose, Costa Rica

Age (optional):
    can’t remember by now, stopped counting after my birthday number 25

A friend introduced me to Tool (not that metal I know) but I started investigating by myself and to catch up with all the freaking metal waves and I ended up loving all metal waves and forms.

Play any instruments?
    Currently learning classic piano but I kick asses on drums for guitar heroe and rock band hehe

Top 11 bands (no particular order)?
    Katatonia
    Burzum
    Amorphis
    Wintersun
    Ulver
    Emperor
    Agalloch
    Arcturus
    Kataklysm
    Emtombed
    Moonsorrow

What do you do?
    Fraud detector

What deck are you on?
    I think 7

What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Play video games (rock band, mortal kombat, dead island), study piano, currently studying computer science so I have a lot to study, some gardening when I have the time.

“Beer me and shut up!” (and just bring me a beer please, I will invite you to one later on :metalguy: )
Post Reply 3967 posts