Post Reply 3920 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

by vikingbitch » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Daniellica wrote:I'The Red Ball of Energy' because I find it quite difficult to calm down or sit still.

She is not kidding, folks.

Also, YAY. DANICAAAA. :wank:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:54 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Ladysarah wrote:
    athun wrote:
    another scientist! :heavydrink:
    welcome!

Multiple metal chemists. Oh my! We'll have to talk projects between bands.

Chemists, eh? Are there any other engineers on the boat?

Computer science engineer here and going back to school for mechanical.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Not this time. Have fun!

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:08 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:
    Ladysarah wrote:

Multiple metal chemists. Oh my! We'll have to talk projects between bands.

Chemists, eh? Are there any other engineers on the boat?

Computer science engineer here and going back to school for mechanical.

Electronics engineer here. Working with digital design for touchscreen controllers.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:18 am

Another Computer Science Engineer here :)
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:16 am

bodomdragon wrote:Another Computer Science Engineer here :)

Love meeting people in my line of work :D Would be cool to have a beer with you on the boat

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:11 am

Jotunheimr wrote:

Love meeting people in my line of work :D Would be cool to have a beer with you on the boat

Absolutely. We'll do it!
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:17 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:

Absolutely. We'll do it!

Can I join as a software engineer ?
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:02 am

MikeB wrote:Can I join as a software engineer ?

We need to do some sort of Software Engineer meeting at some point in this cruise :D That's gonna be interesting.
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:49 pm

bodomdragon wrote:

We need to do some sort of Software Engineer meeting at some point in this cruise :D That's gonna be interesting.

Dope there's so many of you! I'm out of the software meet up though, I'm process and environmental xD
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:50 pm

HELLO MY LONG LOST FRIENDS!!!! I'LL BE ON 70K2015 :viking:

I LOVE METAL. METAL IS LIFE. I EAT METAL. I DRINK WHISKEY. I BREATHE METAL. I SLEEP METAL. CAN'T WAIT TO BE ON BROAD!

EVERYONE ELSES BOAT SUCKS!!!!

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:39 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:I've left engineering after 15 odd years, went into brewing instead.

A whole lot less money, a whole lot more getting up silly early in the mornings, a whole lot coming home with cuts and burns
    A whole lot more fun!
    yay

I remember I introduced myself once, I'm sure of it
    Anyhow, I've been on all the cruises, including the best, Barge to Hell, not so sure I will keep that tradition going though, but still check the forum every now and then

Good to see you found your way. So far I'm having fun as a Software Engineer - or rather, I should say, as a Business Intelligence consultant. Whenever I get bored of it it will be time to think about something else, too. You're still invited to the Software Engineer meetup :D
    Wishlist:

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:41 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:I've left engineering after 15 odd years, went into brewing instead.

A whole lot less money, a whole lot more getting up silly early in the mornings, a whole lot coming home with cuts and burns
    A whole lot more fun!
    yay

Anyhow, I've been on all the cruises, including the best, Barge to Hell, not so sure I will keep that tradition going though, but still check the forum every now and then

Good to see you found your way. So far I'm having fun as a Software Engineer - or rather, I should say, as a Business Intelligence consultant. Whenever I get bored of it it will be time to think about something else, too. You're still invited to the Software Engineer meetup :D

Coding is so much fun :cool: what languages do you use in your work?

• bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:49 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

A whole lot more fun!
    yay

Right now I'm working with QlikView, which is basically a combination of other languages. The queries are very SQL-ish, for instance. I think it's a very interesting world, but I'm rather new at it (I've been working in this field for little more than 12 months). I've been with C, C++ and PHP in the past, too. And you?
    Wishlist:

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:26 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Good to see you found your way. So far I'm having fun as a Software Engineer - or rather, I should say, as a Business Intelligence consultant. Whenever I get bored of it it will be time to think about something else, too. You're still invited to the Software Engineer meetup :D

Right now I'm working with QlikView, which is basically a combination of other languages. The queries are very SQL-ish, for instance. I think it's a very interesting world, but I'm rather new at it (I've been working in this field for little more than 12 months). I've been with C, C++ and PHP in the past, too. And you?

A long time ago I did stuff with Python and Ruby but now it's been completely C++ (in the future, my industry is heading toward C#) and a little bit of MATLAB and LaTeX for side projects. Been wanting to learn some Java but never got around to it.
    Last edited by Jotunheimr on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

• bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:28 am

Jotunheimr wrote:A long time ago I did stuff with Python and Ruby but now it's been completely C++ (in the future my, industry is heading toward C#) and a little bit of MATLAB and LaTeX for side projects. Been wanting to learn some Java but never got around to it.

I always promised myself I'd learn LaTeX some time in order to write at least one of my Thesis but never found the time or motivation :D and I used some matlab back in University, I must admit I hated it :D
    Wishlist:

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:41 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:A long time ago I did stuff with Python and Ruby but now it's been completely C++ (in the future my, industry is heading toward C#) and a little bit of MATLAB and LaTeX for side projects. Been wanting to learn some Java but never got around to it.

I always promised myself I'd learn LaTeX some time in order to write at least one of my Thesis but never found the time or motivation :D and I used some matlab back in University, I must admit I hated it :D

Yeah, working toward a Ph.D in mathematics is my main motivation for learning them. I'm not much of a fan either :lol:

• jtw7266
    Oiler

by jtw7266 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:46 pm

City/country:
    New Jersey, USA

Age (optional):

What first got you into metal?

Metallica.. followed by slayer.. followed into old school hatebreed.. followed into soilwork / scar symmetry... saw what else I could possibly listen to so I keep my pulse up.. invested in slamming brutal death metal.. some black metal... melodic / technical death metal.. heard it all... im looking for the next best thing.. and 70,000 tons it is!

Play any instruments?
    A 12 oz. beer

Top 5 bands?

Metallica
    Soilwork
    At The Gates
    Scar Symmetry
    Cannibal Corpse

What do you do?
    Security Contractor

What deck are you on?
    I'll 1 up... room 6402 w/ my buddy who is just as much as a metal maniac. Come by and slam some brews! I enjoy meeting people and having a great time!

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?

Is it true that if you get so hyper from all the metal and energy of the fellow cruiser metal heads.. will you jump off the ship?
    2015 - Room # 6402
    2016 - Room # 9309
  • hellvelyn
    Wiper

by hellvelyn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:27 pm

City/country:
    San Jose, Costa Rica

Age (optional):
    can’t remember by now, stopped counting after my birthday number 25

A friend introduced me to Tool (not that metal I know) but I started investigating by myself and to catch up with all the freaking metal waves and I ended up loving all metal waves and forms.

Play any instruments?
    Currently learning classic piano but I kick asses on drums for guitar heroe and rock band hehe

Top 11 bands (no particular order)?
    Katatonia
    Burzum
    Amorphis
    Wintersun
    Ulver
    Emperor
    Agalloch
    Arcturus
    Kataklysm
    Emtombed
    Moonsorrow

What do you do?
    Fraud detector

What deck are you on?
    I think 7

What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Play video games (rock band, mortal kombat, dead island), study piano, currently studying computer science so I have a lot to study, some gardening when I have the time.

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    “Beer me and shut up!” (and just bring me a beer please, I will invite you to one later on :metalguy: )
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:12 pm

bodomdragon wrote:

Ha ha, awesome. I am a front-end developer, mostly with JavaScript app stuff but sometimes a little PHP too. I am the type of nerd always trying to make Grunt do everything for me and am mad it won't get me my coffee. Might be too much drinking on the ship to talk code, though.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Carry on, Enginerds ;) :party:
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:26 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Image

Thanks for the compliment! ;)
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:20 am

Hahaha, took more time than I expected to read something like that :D
    Wishlist:

vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:49 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thanks for the compliment! ;)

bodomdragon wrote:Hahaha, took more time than I expected to read something like that :D

I knew you lot wouldn't cut it out unless someone gave you a compliment of that caliber :P

Ya'll can keep your code, I'll stick with mortgages. Stressful as balls but its fun putting the pieces together and trying to make a deal work, that and getting a snapshot of peoples lives.

Entertaining deal of my day: Woman that moved from Vietnam three years ago making $36K as a nail technician, has been on maternity leave for the better part of the past year (can't be receiving support from baby daddy as apparently there isn't one in the picture). Yet she has $122K in the bank. Does anyone else believe that? Would you give her $500K to buy a house? DENIED.
    Brie_DG
    Wiper

by Brie_DG » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:28 pm

I might be a little late to this but I just figured out how the forum works (despite having made this a few months ago)! This will be my first year on the cruise!!! Incredibly excited.

City/country:
    Boston, United States

Age (optional):

I had a boyfriend my freshman year of high school who loved metal. I truly hated it and then after a year, I was secretly listening to it all the time and fell in love. After all of the bitching no way could I admit how awesome metal was!

Play any instruments?
    Nope. I lack any musical abilities.

Top 5 bands?
    Watain
    Amon Amarth
    Judas Priest
    Bathory
    Venom

What do you do?
    I'm finishing up my last year of college, studying communication and philosophy. I almost have a degree in Sound Design and Audio Post-Production but I dropped that with two classes to go (long story). I work in a coffee shop slingin' overpriced lattes for the less-than-pleasant public. It's actually super fun and I could tell hilarious stories about human intelligence forever.

What deck are you on?
    6- Going alone so hopefully I'll have some great roommates!

I have THRASH TILL DEATH tattooed on my waist area. You'd only know if you had seen me without pants on. I generally wear pants.
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:32 pm

City/country:
    Montréal, Québec.

Age (optional):

I saw some clips on TV, liked it. Started with Cannibal Corpse and Cradle of Filth back in 1996.

Play any instruments?
    I play drums on Rock Band for PS2, and I sing fucking well (not the opinion of my gf...)

Top bands?
    No order.
    Macabre
    Amon Amarth
    Emperor
    Slayer
    Cannibal Corpse
    Therion
    Sabaton
    Marduk

What do you do?
    Mining and herbalism on my Hunter in World of Warcraft. Play old school games (NES, SNES)

What deck are you on?
    I think I'm on deck N or M... dont remember, i'll probly sleep anywhere but there.

I have too many pokémon games on Gameboy and DS. Fuck yeah.
    For The Horde!
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Brie_DG wrote:What deck are you on?

What cabin? I'm also alone on Deck 6... Possible?
    Brie_DG
    Wiper

by Brie_DG » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Phoenix wrote:

I'm 6471. So close! Bummer.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Brie_DG wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

I'm 6471. So close! Bummer.

Oh hey, you're with my friend Danica (Daniellica? On the forum)! Well I think our two cabins will have to spend some time together...
    Brie_DG
    Wiper

by Brie_DG » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:41 pm

[/quote]

I'm 6471. So close! Bummer.[/quote]

Oh hey, you're with my friend Danica (Daniellica? On the forum)! Well I think our two cabins will have to spend some time together...[/quote]

AWESOME! Definitely looking forward to it!!
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:45 am

vikingbitch wrote:Entertaining deal of my day: Woman that moved from Vietnam three years ago making $36K as a nail technician, has been on maternity leave for the better part of the past year (can't be receiving support from baby daddy as apparently there isn't one in the picture). Yet she has $122K in the bank. Does anyone else believe that? Would you give her $500K to buy a house? DENIED.

Never thought doing mortgages would be interesting, but it's good to see you enjoy your work :D I must admit I'm quite happy with my Business Intelligence and my Business Dashboards and my Data Modelling and blah blah blah :)
    Wishlist:

Jakethetankdewing
    Oiler

by Jakethetankdewing » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:56 am

First time attending 70k

City/country: Boston united states

What first got you into metal: listening to my dad's CDs like ac/dc black sabbath and Judas Priest. The most memerable experience which made me love concerts was going to my first show with my dad ozzfest 2000 and seeing pantera.

Do you play any instruments: used to play base but it's been a wile !

Top five bands:
    Pantera
    Amon Amarth
    Korpiklaani
    Megadeath
    King diamond

What do you do: I'm a transporter/auction rep for a car company.

What deck are you on: deck 9 , roomate lotto room 9684

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out:
    You can call me jambo it's been my nick name that only a handful of my friends know, and now all of you lol.
    Wishlist: AmonAmarth Bolt Thrower-Running Wild-TankardGloryhammer Demons&Wizards-Edguy-SabatonDarkMoor -Carcass Iced Earth-NuclearAssault-Overkill-Helloween-Tyr-Vader-MorbidAngel- Kreator-DreamEvil Fairyland
    2015Survivor
    2016 Survivor
    2017Cabin9524
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:38 am

This will be my first time!

City/country: Montréal, Quebec, Canada

What first got you into metal: I sort of grew up with it, grew out of it, and then discovered it again on my own in the form of power/symphonic metal. I've always listened to things that interest and impress me, and most of it tends to be metal.

Do you play any instruments: Yes. I currently sing and play rhythm guitar for a heavy metal band.

Top five bands:
    Blind Guardian/Demons & Wizards, Avantasia/Edguy, Iron Maiden, Helloween, and whatever Kiske is currently doing.

What do you do: Not a software engineer, but essentially I'm a software designer.

What deck are you on: I haven't booked my ticket yet; still clearing the financial side of this with my partner. But I am 99% certain I'll be on board.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:50 am

Hey what band do you play in ?
    I'm from Montreal too, and technically, not a "software engineer" cause I only went to cegep, but I do the job of an engineer.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:56 am

MikeB wrote:Hey what band do you play in ?
    I'm from Montreal too, and technically, not a "software engineer" cause I only went to cegep, but I do the job of an engineer.

Sweet! There are a few of us around. :)

We haven't played any shows, or even decided on a name, so I can't give you much detail, unfortunately. But in the next couple months or so we'll be looking to do some recording, and put on a small show where we practice in Verdun, just to get some feedback from people who are into metal. Hit me up in a PM if you'd be interested. :cheers:
    Wishlist:
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:46 pm

In case the thread wasn't nerdy enough already, I just wrote a cool little script that displays the number of days until the cruise whenever I turn on my computer. Kind of useless but it was fun making it :P

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Nice to see so many new folks saying "hello"
    First timers--you are in for a massive treat.. new boat, new bands(well, sort of) new friends from 62 countries.

Since it started snowing here.... all I have been thinking is....

LET'S GET THIS BITCH IN THE WATER!!

:beerbang:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Phoenix wrote:Top 5 bands?
    Onto bands no one has ever heard of! (Well two)
    Sabaton
    Silent Civilian
    dEMOTIONAL
    Nightwish (Tarja, Anette, why can't we all just get along?)
    Apocalyptica

Well this is really out of date, since I've been on a metal binge these past couple months. Let's fix this up:

Sabaton
    Eluveitie
    Tyr
    Amorphis
    dEMOTIONAL/Grave Digger/CthoniC are all too important not to mention.

Better.
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:24 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Since it started snowing here.... all I have been thinking is....

LET'S GET THIS BITCH IN THE WATER!!

:beerbang:

No snow here yet... But the temperature is enough for me to daydream. Lots of Canadians going, it seems.
    Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:45 pm

Tono_Fyr wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Welcome to all the new folks!

Tono_Fyr wrote:Hey! My name's Trapper, and I've been wanting to go on what I can only think of as BOATQUEST since it was first announced back in 2010. The money and line up finally, well, lined up this year... and I'm fucking stoked! It should be one hell of a party!

City/country:
    Savannah, GA

Age (optional):

Oh HELL yeah, someone else from Georgia! Raf M. and I are from the Atlanta metro! :deathhorns:

Hah, how've you been since ProgPower, Paul? I've seen a few of your posts around and just kind of chuckled to myself. You've been at probably 8 or 9 out of 10 metal shows I've been to in Atlanta.

I don't get to as many shows as I used to, since I work until 11 pm now (used to be earlier). I try to get to the really good ones, though. :D

Hm, I wonder if I know Raf M, too? Does he usually show up at all the prog/power/folk/thrash metal shows at the Masq?

Yes, probably you've seen him at some of them. He was in a (locally) legendary Atlanta metal band called Blackness back in the glory days.
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    I don't get to as many shows as I used to, since I work until 11 pm now (used to be earlier). I try to get to the really good ones, though. :D

Hm, I wonder if I know Raf M, too? Does he usually show up at all the prog/power/folk/thrash metal shows at the Masq?

Yes, probably you've seen him at some of them. He was in a (locally) legendary Atlanta metal band called Blackness back in the glory days.

Was he the dude with the gigantic drinking horn when we were hanging out with Chris and Gazz on the side of the Masq that one night? I had a lot of mead with me that night, if I'm not mistaken. 2009, I think this was? Or maybe it was '10. Time's stupid.

Also, damn at all the snowbirds coming down from Canuckistan.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Demons_&_Wizards--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Gloryhammer--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Iced_Earth--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
  • Post Reply 3920 posts