Post Reply 3967 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

by Jaimie38 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:19 pm

I've been wanting to create a thread here, for people to re-post their first post. So much has changed--new friends, personalities, how naïve, and ridiculously excited we all were. :trashdrink:

Need some magic back in this Forum.

Hi All.
    New to the board. I am 38 yr old guy who will be coming from the frozen tundra of Western Canada.
    I'm travelling alone.... Deck 6!
    Jaimie

Ok, maybe NOT that exciting!!

:boobs: :pound: :pound:

38?? wow...
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Who are you?

by Azazel101 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Ok, I will update as well

City/country:
    Beaver Dam/Fond du Lac Wisconsin U.S.A.

Age (optional):
    42 in less than a month

What first got you into metal?
    Iron Maiden way back when the Dragon Lord brought Piece Of Mind and Number Of The Beast into my house.
    others that stand out in my head from that week right now are Celtic Frost and not so metal Cheech and Chong

Play any instruments?
    Nope.

Top 5 bands?
    At this moment. Thy Darkend Shade, Combichrist, Napalm Death, Acid Bath, and all most anything on the World Terror Committee Label ( Black as My Heart, Black as My Soul ) :beerhorns:

What do you do?
    Drink Beer and run a perfect binder that binds Magazines such as Cosmo, Instyle, Playboy, Game Informer, and Good Housekeeping.

What deck are you on?
    Will book SOON!! :bitch: :smash:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed May 13, 2015 12:32 am

I haven't changed much since I wrote this for the first time but here it goes anyway.

City/country:
    Barcelona, Spain.

Age (optional):

A couple of friends, like 12 years ago. One of them is one of the guys who comes to the boat with me :)

Play any instruments?
    Nope.

Top 5 bands?
    This changes constantly, but right now I'd probably go for Insomnium, Avantasia, Symphony X, Sabaton and Omnium Gatherum. Wait, I'll say Threshold instead of OG. See? Constant changes :D

What do you do?
    You mean for a living? I am a Business Intelligence consultant (computer science stuff).

What deck are you on?
    I wish I could already tell you.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu May 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Memnoch wrote:Top 5 bands?
    Delain, Hail of Bullets, Primordial, The Cardigans, Antropomorphia

The Cardigans... lmao :lol: I remember them!

Classic Memnoch right there, putting sugary sweet pop music next to brutal death metal for his top bands list. :P
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri May 15, 2015 12:12 am

Hey, The Cardigans IS one of the best bands ever. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:44 pm

City/country:
    Calgary, Canada

Age (optional):

I was first exposed to metal when I heard Feuer Frei by Rammstein on the soundtrack to the Vin Diesel movie xXx. But I didn't really start to get into metal until I started playing the Guitar Hero and Rock Band video games

Play any instruments?
    Nope.

Top 5 bands?
    Off the top of my head, I'm gonna go with (in no particular order) Judas Priest, Ex Deo, Powerwolf, Pentagram, and Blind Guardian

What do you do?
    Drink beer and play video games

What deck are you on?
    TBD
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:44 pm

Time for a reintroduction.

City/country:
    Las Vegas, NV

Age (optional):

Listened to Pantera, Metallica, Maiden records whenever I went to my friend's house

Play any instruments?
    Piano, guitar, bass, drums

Top 5 bands?
    I can't pick just 5!
    Savatage
    Wintersun
    Haggard
    Ensiferum
    Turisas
    Heidevolk
    Kampfar
    Toxic Holocaust

What do you do?
    Systems engineer, web developer, software creator

What deck are you on?
    Deck 7
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Did you move?
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:58 pm

biertroll wrote:Did you move?

Yeah I moved back here a few months ago. It was impossible to find work in Reno.
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    manooel
    Crewman

by manooel » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:12 pm

City/country:
    Mexico City

Age (optional):
    29 in a month

Some friends like 15 years ago, started listening to Iron Maiden (Brave New World), Grave Digger (Excalibur), Luca Turilli (King Of The Nordic Twilight), Rhapsody (Dawn Of Victory).

Play any instruments?
    Guitar, bass, drums, vocals.... All in Rock Band and Guitar Hero ! LOL

Top 5 bands?
    5 is hard !
    Iron Maiden
    Megadeth
    Edguy/Avantasia
    Stratovarius
    Blind Guardian

What do you do?
    Business owner, we make furniture for office/home and a lot of stuff for marketing agencies.

What deck are you on?
    Deck 6
    70k 2015 - Cabin #6668
    70k 2016 - Cabin #6111
    70k 2017 - Cabin #6513
    70k 2018 - Cabin #6521
    70k 2019 - Cabin #6659
    70k 2020 - Cabin #9523
    70k 2023 - Cabin #8671
    70k 2024 - Cabin #7535
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:

Yeah I moved back here a few months ago. It was impossible to find work in Reno.

:cheers: Nice
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:54 pm

biertroll wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:

:cheers: Nice

Missed out on LVDF but I hope I'll see you at some of the other shows around here!
    2025:

• biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Possibly! I usually save my $ for the cruise or MDF now but I think Danzig, Fear Factory & Ghost are on the list.

Some cruisers are coming out for FF, the only reason I'm going (I've seen them about 19 times already) :lol:

Deck ? 2020
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 pm

biertroll wrote:Possibly! I usually save my $ for the cruise or MDF now but I think Danzig, Fear Factory & Ghost are on the list.

Some cruisers are coming out for FF, the only reason I'm going (I've seen them about 19 times already) :lol:

I'll be at Ghost. There aren't very many better ways to spend Halloween!
    2025:

Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:42 pm

Soooo.... I was on 70k 2012, BTH 2012, and 70k 2015 ...and I'm just now getting on the forums.

City/country:
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Age (optional):

mid to late 90's mtv and friends

Top bands?
    My Dying Bride
    Obituary
    Judas Priest
    Autopsy
    Enslaved
    Saint Vitus
    Celtic Frost
    (See that? Totally altered the question to be able to list more bands)

What do you do?
    My job title is Jr. Animator. I illustrate and animate eLearning programs for businesses.

What deck are you on?
    Deck 8 - I hope to meet you this year!!!
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Welcome to the forums \m/
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Now that Im a survior time for a mini update. :beerhorns:

City/country:
    Los Angeles CA

Age (optional):

Old Slipknot, System of a Down, Linkin Park...then got into more extreme metal and the rest is history

Play any instruments?
    Not anymore but I have small expirence in drums, violin, and trumpet.

Top 5 bands?
    Once simply does not pick 5, but I will give it a shot.
    Death
    Bathory
    Mercyful Fate/King Diamond
    Sodom
    Testament
    Vader
    Blind Guardian

What do you do?
    Work at a retail store, as a stocker.

What deck are you on?
    Deck 7 (Again)

:beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:01 pm

City/country:
    florida

Age (optional):
    adult

my aunt and uncle back in the 70s turned me on to zeppelin, aerosmith, sabbath, ac/dc, etc.

Play any instruments?
    no, but i can carry a tune. ;)

Top 5 bands?
    nightwish
    opeth
    kamelot
    therion
    epica

What do you do?
    veterinary technician

What deck are you on?
    i have no idea!

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    my bird scooter hates me.
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
  • Laura
    Commander

Re: Who are you?

by Laura » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Below is one of my first posts on this forum from May 10, 2010. :shock: I don't believe I've ever updated it, so the updates follow the original text. Like Jaimie noted a few posts back (*waves at Jaimie* :cheers: ), a lot has happened in many of our lives since then. Sometimes it seems like last week we were planning & preparing for that very first ever magical mystery metal cruise in 2011 and other times it seems like another lifetime ago. :beerwink:

City/Country:
    Chicago, USA
    ***update 2015: ditto - I've lived in the city proper (not the suburbs) my entire adult life and plan to stay here always (outside of traveling of course). As much as I've enjoyed visiting other cities (I'm a "big city gal" and particularly love Paris, Stockholm, New York and Denver), there is no place I'd rather live permanently than Chicago.

***update 2015: 54. I find it a tad funny that my original post said "40s." :P I guess I felt uncomfortable stating my exact age of 49 at that time. Since then I have zero qualm about stating my age - this is a good thing. ;) I've "been there, done that" mid-life crisis stuff. :trashdrink: I am completely satisfied with my life path from birth to now & look forward to living the rest of my life with passion & gusto! :beerwink: :headbanger:

What first got you into metal:
    Several years ago, I read about the fact that Steven Wilson (of Porcupine Tree – one of my favorite non-metal bands) produced Opeth’s Deliverance, Damnation, and Blackwater Park. On a wim, I bought a ticket to see Opeth in the fall of 2005 (not even knowing their music!).  Needless to say, I was totally blown away by them…and, well….life has not been the same since.
    ***update 2015: Opeth and Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree remain two of my top favorite bands of all time. After seeing both several times in the past 10 years (and most recently in Dec 2014 and June 2015 respectively), both bands/artists continue to nearly move me to tears. I've had the pleasure of meeting Steven twice and told him the second time that it was entirely because of him that I became a metal fan due to his Opeth connection (which changed my life in many ways). He smiled. :D

Top metal experience to date:
    Wacken 2009 (and I’m my way to Wacken 2010 which I have a feeling may surpass 2009!)
    ***update 2015: I can not answer this now because I've had many "metal experiences* that are tied for "first place," that is, they are all special in their own way & I can not rank them per se. :beerwink:

Play any instruments?
    Played acoustic guitar a bit long ago – would like to pick it up again at some point.
    ***update 2015: our 16 year old daughter Genevieve has been playing my old Martin acoustic for about a year now. I still plan to pick it up again myself sooooon. :lol:

Top 5 (metal) bands:
    Opeth
    Dimmu Borgir
    Pain of Salvation
    Tyr
    Epica
    ***update 2015: I am somewhat surprised I put Epica in my top 5 since I'm not as much a fan of the band anymore. I think I saw them around that time & really enjoyed the gig, so they were top on my music radar. The others are still in my top faves list without question - especially Opeth & PoS who are tied for my number 1 spot. If I remove Epica from the top five, I could swap in....hmmm - Ulver, Agalloch, Rammstein, or Enslaved. I also feel the need to mention Rush, Yes, & Led Zeppelin as they are all in my top 10 fave bands ever list and have "been with me" 40 or more years making them all the more special. :smoking:

More metal fave bands (would be way longer if I included non-metal):  Agalloch, Amon Amarth, Arcturus, At the Gates, Behemoth, Borknagar, Dark Tranquility, Dir en Grey, Dream Theatre, Eluveitie, Emperor, Ensiferum, Enslaved, Ex Deo, Finntroll, Goatwhore, Heaven and Hell, Heidevolk, High on Fire, H.I.M., Hypocrisy, Immortal, In Extremo, In Flames, Kamelot, Kivimetsan Druidi, Korpiklaani, Lamb of God, Leaves' Eyes, Machine Head, Marduk, Moonsorrow, Motorhead, Municipal Waste, Napalm Death, Nightwish, Obituary, Orphaned Land, P.O.D., Paradise Lost, Primordial, Rage Against the Machine, Rammstein, Riverside, Samael, Satyricon, Scorpions, Septicflesh, Slayer, Strapping Young Lad, Swallow the Sun, Symphony X, Testament, Theatre of Tragedy, Therion, 1349, Tiamat, Turisas, UFO, Volbeat, Walls of Jericho
    ***update 2015: lots more I could add since this 2010 list, but won't bother at the moment....but wait! Gotta mention The Ocean and Kvelertak!! <3 <3 <3

What do you do?
    librarian/historian/researcher
    ***update 2015: I have been at my same job now 26 years, up 5 years from 2010 & getting much closer to retirement now. :shock: A big change that happened in 2014 was the merging of the formerly separate arts & music departments, so now I am both an arts and music librarian (which I love!). I like to think of myself as the "heavy metal librarian." :beerbang: :lol:

What do you do in your spare time?
    With full-time work, a house, and family, I wish I had more spare time!  I especially enjoy going to museums and other cultural institutions, dance performances, concerts (metal and other genres).  I also like to read – mostly non-fiction.
    ***update 2015: ditto, with the addition that I have always traveled as much as time and money allows.

What deck are you on?
    K – deck 6
    ***update 2015: only did 70K in 2011 & 2012...since then I have pursued other adventures. I did love 70K though, and may be back in a few years or more. :beerbang:

What’s a creepy think I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Hmmm….well, I saw the American Idol Tour in 2008…does that count?
    ***update 2015: "tell me about your recent vision quest" :shock: :viking: :cool:
    Last edited by Laura on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:03 am

Jephi wrote:Soooo.... I was on 70k 2012, BTH 2012, and 70k 2015 ...and I'm just now getting on the forums.

City/country:
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Welcome to the forums, fellow Atlantan!

I co-host Atlanta's weekly metal show every Friday night at midnight at 91.1 FM.
    If you're within about 50 miles of downtown ATL you can probably get it...and we can play just about all the bands you listed as your faves. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:54 pm

City/country:
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Age (optional):

My disdain for life

Play any instruments?
    No

Top 5 bands?
    Katatonia
    Anathema
    The Gathering - Anneke
    My Dying Bride
    Lacuna Coil - pre-Karmacode

What do you do?
    Roofing

What deck are you on?
    Deck 8
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:17 am

City/country:
    São Paulo, Brasil

Age (optional):
    35, but I don't care about it and keep acting like 25 (sometimes 18).

When I was 6 I used to listen to some hard rock with my grandma. When I was 11 I had a good friend at school who introduced me to Metallica, Sepultura etc. At 12, Iron Maiden came with Fear of the Dark and since then I'm completely into metal.

Play any instruments?
    Not yet.

Top 5 bands?
    Paradise Lost (my crown of thorns tattoo shows all the love)
    Therion
    Rammstein
    Blind Guardian
    the 5th one changes everyday :p

What do you do?
    I'm a ballerina and always have awful part-time jobs to help paying the bills.

What deck are you on?
    deck 7

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    My first CD was "The best of Information Society". And I still have it. And sometimes I listen to it. :p
    Last edited by MonicaMM on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2023 survivor

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:10 pm

MonicaMM wrote:My first CD was "The best of Information Society". And I still have it. And sometimes I listen to it. :p

they've had some great stuff over the years, though if they've had anything new after 2000 I haven't heard it
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:31 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    MonicaMM wrote:My first CD was "The best of Information Society". And I still have it. And sometimes I listen to it. :p

they've had some great stuff over the years, though if they've had anything new after 2000 I haven't heard it

The last time I heard something new from them was in 1994... But someone told me they've been playing in a radio station cruise here in Brazil a few years ago.

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:47 am

MonicaMM wrote:City/country:
    São Paulo, Brasil

Welcome to the Forum! It was great hanging out with you and Daniel last year on the boat, too!

I'm a ballerina...

That's pretty nifty!
    I would say that metal and ballet could NEVER mix...but there WAS that "Ballet Deviare" project a few years back, with ballet performed to metal songs (by the band Arsis, as I recall).
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Welcome to the Forum! It was great hanging out with you and Daniel last year on the boat, too!

Hey!
    Actually I'm here since january, but haven't posted since then :)

Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Jephi wrote:Soooo.... I was on 70k 2012, BTH 2012, and 70k 2015 ...and I'm just now getting on the forums.

City/country:
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Welcome to the forums, fellow Atlantan!

I co-host Atlanta's weekly metal show every Friday night at midnight at 91.1 FM.
    If you're within about 50 miles of downtown ATL you can probably get it...and we can play just about all the bands you listed as your faves. :headbanger:

Awesome! I used to listen to Wrekage a lot when I worked 3rd shift about 10 years ago. Now that I have a 9-5 job I don't get to listen as much. I've always enjoyed the show! :death:
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Jephi wrote:Awesome! I used to listen to Wrekage a lot when I worked 3rd shift about 10 years ago. Now that I have a 9-5 job I don't get to listen as much. I've always enjoyed the show! :death:

It's archived for a full week afterwards....just sayin'. :lol:
    Umm, expect lots [more] of Insomnium now for some odd reason. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    Yasminemus
    Oiler

by Yasminemus » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:54 pm

City/country:
    Edinburgh, Scotland

Age (optional):

I cannot remember as i have been listening to it since i was about 11. Within temptation, marilyn manson, lacuna coil, black sabbath and kalmah were among the first bands i have listened to.

Play any instruments?
    Guitar and bass, or at least i used to before i got too busy with life. Vocals someday.

Top 5 bands?
    Eluveitie
    Within Temptation
    Nightwish
    Anathema
    In this moment

What do you do?
    Masters student and professional gamer.

What deck are you on?
    Booking my ticket tomorrow as it is my first time so let's see.
    Top picks:Eluveitie-Arkona-WithinTemptation-DimmuBorgir-Devilment-Kamelot-LacunaCoil-Amorphis-InThisMoment-StreamOfPassion-Epica-CradleOfFilth-HIM-Nightwish-Apocalyptica-Skindred--Leaves'eyes-Draconian-Avatar-Hellyeah-Avatarium-Sirenia-Wintersun-Xandria
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Next year will be my first cruise, i will be going with my gf so here's about us

City/country:
    Medellin/Colombia

Age (optional):
    30 and 26

My mother used to listen to metal bands like kraken and angeles del infierno, then i started to study music and to apreciatr the technique of metal so it grew on me... My gf didn' know much of metal before but now she enjoys power and prog a lot

Play any instruments?
    I play bass, used to have a band of prog/power called indomite

Top 5 bands?
    Angra
    Circus Maximus
    Dream Theater
    Sonata Arctica
    Tesseract

What do you do?
    I'm a doctor at an emergency room and my gf is a marketing and advertising professional

What deck are you on?
    deck 8

"i know what it is that you had forgoten" :shock:
    Last edited by Sidvarg on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:44 am

MonicaMM wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

The last time I heard something new from them was in 1994... But someone told me they've been playing in a radio station cruise here in Brazil a few years ago.

they had an album in '97 or '98 that I used to play a couple tracks from on my old radio show... it was pretty good

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:43 am

Welcome Everyone!! Best Week of the Year! Keep posting on the Forum and get into the Facebook groups, as pre parties, prepre parties , post and general awesomeness events are always on the go!

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • goku
    Oiler

by goku » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi everyone my third year in a row...

City/country:
    Istanbul/Turkey

Age (optional):

Sepultura chaos ad album

Play any instruments?
    nope

Top 5 bands?
    Overkill
    Blind Guardian
    Nevermore
    Sabbat
    Death

What do you do?
    doctor/infectious diseases/ resident

What deck are you on?
    deck 6
    TEKWRX
    Oiler

by TEKWRX » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:33 am

This will be my wife & I's second cruise. The first being Barge To Hell in 2012. Had a blast. Didn't think we'd have the opportunity to go on another being that we're small business owners, but my wife told me if Rotting Christ got added we'd have to go no matter what. So here we are. Having My Dying Bride and Moonspell onbroad is icing on the cake. Looking forward to seeing if any of our other favorites are added.

City/Country:
    South Florida, USA

My Dad always playing Ozzy/Priest/Motley Crue. As I young kid starting to buy my own music, got GnR Appetite and Metallica Justice. Quickly moved on to everything thrash and then death & black metal.

Play any instruments?
    No

Top 5 bands? (too many, hard to list just 5)
    Danzig
    Rotting Christ
    Overkill
    Arckanum
    Ghost

What do you do?
    Own an e-cigarette/Vapor shop

What deck are you on?
    Deck 7
    ----------------------------
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
    ----------------------------
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:34 pm

again...

2012/2014/2015/2016...

City/country:
    Brasilia/Brazil

Age (optional):

I not 100% sure but I think it was an Accept album - 1982/3

Play any instruments?
    nope

Top 5 bands?
    Nowadays
    Wolfheart
    Amorphis
    Dynasty
    Eclipse
    Insomnium

All time - I Think
    Heavy Load - 80s stuff
    Dark Tranquillity
    Metallica
    In Flames
    Volbeat
    Eluveitie

What do you do?
    Federal Employee - Auditor

What deck are you on?
    deck 6
    metal4ever
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:54 pm

The guy before me is my brother..

2012//2015/2016...

City/country:
    Salvador/Brazil

Age (optional):

A friend who introduced me... Iorn Maiden (Powerslave)

Play any instruments?
    nope

Top 5 bands?
    All time
    Hammerfall
    Sabatton
    Heavy Load - 80s stuff
    Mad Max
    Metallica

What do you do?
    College Professor (Economics and Math) & Financial manager at a local NGO

What deck are you on?
    deck 6
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
  • finntrollinabox
    Wiper

by finntrollinabox » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:12 pm

My name is Olivia :)

City/country:
    Doylestown, Pennsylvania ---> Boston, Massachusetts

Age (optional):
    20.. I'll be 21 on February 4th, so I'm celebrating a major birthday on 70,000Tons!

My dad played all the classics. Then I got a computer and discovered YouTube's "related videos" and that opened up a whole new world... I was glad I got into really heavy stuff like Amon Amarth. It scares people that a five foot tall female (who admittedly doesn't look very metal) has such a huge personality. :deathhorns:

Play any instruments?
    I can play, like, one part of Guardians of Asgaard. I can kind of sing, but not really. So... no. The simple answer is "no".

Top 5 bands?
    Amon Amarth
    Korpiklaani
    HammerFall
    Iron Maiden
    Finntroll or Ensiferum

What do you do?
    I'm a full-time university student at Emerson College in Boston, going into my third year! I'm studying film production and creative writing, and I am a freelance journalist for the Intelligencer/Courier Times in Pennsylvania. During the summers I work part-time... I guess it's kind of lame, but I have to make money, right?

What deck are you on?
    E!
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Sidvarg wrote:Next year will be my first cruose, i will be going with my gf so here's about us

Welcome to the 70k family :) Both of you will have a time of your life. :viking:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:07 am

[quote="finntrollinabox"] My name is Olivia :)

Age (optional):
    20.. I'll be 21 on February 4th, so I'm celebrating a major birthday on 70,000Tons!

As someone who celebrated their birthday on broad this year get ready for not just the best birthday, but for the time of your life! :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:43 am

Hi everybody, my name is Relja and I'm an anti-alcoholic (I'm not kidding :mrgreen: )
    This will be my first cruise, I'm coming with 5 of my friends (codename: dlakavi), we're expecting nothing less than an epic experience!

City/country:
    Serbia, formerly Yugoslavia

29, will be 30 just a few days before boarding

I was always a RnR fan, but successfully avoided metal until late teenage years when my crazy friend hooked me up on Metallica, then a few years later they came to my town and played in front of 30k people. It was my first big concert, and the rest is history. I've been to more than 50 concerts since then, mostly metal and hard rock music.

Play any instruments?
    Sadly, no. No wait, I play Guitar Hero! :mrgreen:

Top 5 bands?
    Anything that came out of Slash's guitar
    Iron Maiden
    Blind Guardian
    Tool
    SOAD

What do you do?
    I'm a freelance programmer/biker/soon to become tattoo addict/beard grower/basketball fanatic. Not necessarily in that order.

What deck are you on?
    Deck 2. I imagine it's near the engine room.

My name. Nobody outside my country can pronounce it right
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
  • Post Reply 3967 posts