Post Reply 3920 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:10 pm

MonicaMM wrote:My first CD was "The best of Information Society". And I still have it. And sometimes I listen to it. :p

they've had some great stuff over the years, though if they've had anything new after 2000 I haven't heard it
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:31 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    MonicaMM wrote:My first CD was "The best of Information Society". And I still have it. And sometimes I listen to it. :p

they've had some great stuff over the years, though if they've had anything new after 2000 I haven't heard it

The last time I heard something new from them was in 1994... But someone told me they've been playing in a radio station cruise here in Brazil a few years ago.
    2015, 2016 and 2017 survivor

Wishlist:
    Abbath - Apocalyptica - Arcturus - Behemoth - Borknagar - Edguy - Evergrey - Lacuna Coil - Lindemann <3 - Mayhem - Michael Monroe - Moonspell - Nervosa - Novembers Doom - Sabaton - Samael - Tankard
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:47 am

MonicaMM wrote:City/country:
    São Paulo, Brasil

Welcome to the Forum! It was great hanging out with you and Daniel last year on the boat, too!

I'm a ballerina...

That's pretty nifty!
    I would say that metal and ballet could NEVER mix...but there WAS that "Ballet Deviare" project a few years back, with ballet performed to metal songs (by the band Arsis, as I recall).
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Welcome to the Forum! It was great hanging out with you and Daniel last year on the boat, too!

Hey!
    Actually I'm here since january, but haven't posted since then :)
    2015, 2016 and 2017 survivor

Wishlist:
    Abbath - Apocalyptica - Arcturus - Behemoth - Borknagar - Edguy - Evergrey - Lacuna Coil - Lindemann <3 - Mayhem - Michael Monroe - Moonspell - Nervosa - Novembers Doom - Sabaton - Samael - Tankard
    Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Jephi wrote:Soooo.... I was on 70k 2012, BTH 2012, and 70k 2015 ...and I'm just now getting on the forums.

City/country:
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Welcome to the forums, fellow Atlantan!

I co-host Atlanta's weekly metal show every Friday night at midnight at 91.1 FM.
    If you're within about 50 miles of downtown ATL you can probably get it...and we can play just about all the bands you listed as your faves. :headbanger:

Awesome! I used to listen to Wrekage a lot when I worked 3rd shift about 10 years ago. Now that I have a 9-5 job I don't get to listen as much. I've always enjoyed the show! :death:
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Jephi wrote:Awesome! I used to listen to Wrekage a lot when I worked 3rd shift about 10 years ago. Now that I have a 9-5 job I don't get to listen as much. I've always enjoyed the show! :death:

It's archived for a full week afterwards....just sayin'. :lol:
    Umm, expect lots [more] of Insomnium now for some odd reason. :headbanger:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Yasminemus
    Oiler

by Yasminemus » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:54 pm

City/country:
    Edinburgh, Scotland

Age (optional):

What first got you into metal?
    I cannot remember as i have been listening to it since i was about 11. Within temptation, marilyn manson, lacuna coil, black sabbath and kalmah were among the first bands i have listened to.

Play any instruments?
    Guitar and bass, or at least i used to before i got too busy with life. Vocals someday.

Top 5 bands?
    Eluveitie
    Within Temptation
    Nightwish
    Anathema
    In this moment

What do you do?
    Masters student and professional gamer.

What deck are you on?
    Booking my ticket tomorrow as it is my first time so let's see.
    Top picks:Eluveitie-Arkona-WithinTemptation-DimmuBorgir-Devilment-Kamelot-LacunaCoil-Amorphis-InThisMoment-StreamOfPassion-Epica-CradleOfFilth-HIM-Nightwish-Apocalyptica-Skindred--Leaves'eyes-Draconian-Avatar-Hellyeah-Avatarium-Sirenia-Wintersun-Xandria
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Next year will be my first cruise, i will be going with my gf so here's about us

City/country:
    Medellin/Colombia

Age (optional):
    30 and 26

My mother used to listen to metal bands like kraken and angeles del infierno, then i started to study music and to apreciatr the technique of metal so it grew on me... My gf didn' know much of metal before but now she enjoys power and prog a lot

Play any instruments?
    I play bass, used to have a band of prog/power called indomite

Top 5 bands?
    Angra
    Circus Maximus
    Dream Theater
    Sonata Arctica
    Tesseract

What do you do?
    I'm a doctor at an emergency room and my gf is a marketing and advertising professional

What deck are you on?
    deck 8

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    "i know what it is that you had forgoten" :shock:
    Last edited by Sidvarg on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:44 am

MonicaMM wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

The last time I heard something new from them was in 1994... But someone told me they've been playing in a radio station cruise here in Brazil a few years ago.

they had an album in '97 or '98 that I used to play a couple tracks from on my old radio show... it was pretty good
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:43 am

Welcome Everyone!! Best Week of the Year! Keep posting on the Forum and get into the Facebook groups, as pre parties, prepre parties , post and general awesomeness events are always on the go!

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
  • goku
    Oiler

by goku » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi everyone my third year in a row...

City/country:
    Istanbul/Turkey

Age (optional):

Sepultura chaos ad album

Play any instruments?
    nope

Top 5 bands?
    Overkill
    Blind Guardian
    Nevermore
    Sabbat
    Death

What do you do?
    doctor/infectious diseases/ resident

What deck are you on?
    deck 6
    TEKWRX
    Oiler

by TEKWRX » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:33 am

This will be my wife & I's second cruise. The first being Barge To Hell in 2012. Had a blast. Didn't think we'd have the opportunity to go on another being that we're small business owners, but my wife told me if Rotting Christ got added we'd have to go no matter what. So here we are. Having My Dying Bride and Moonspell onbroad is icing on the cake. Looking forward to seeing if any of our other favorites are added.

City/Country:
    South Florida, USA

My Dad always playing Ozzy/Priest/Motley Crue. As I young kid starting to buy my own music, got GnR Appetite and Metallica Justice. Quickly moved on to everything thrash and then death & black metal.

Play any instruments?
    No

Top 5 bands? (too many, hard to list just 5)
    Danzig
    Rotting Christ
    Overkill
    Arckanum
    Ghost

What do you do?
    Own an e-cigarette/Vapor shop

What deck are you on?
    Deck 7
    ----------------------------
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
    ----------------------------
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:34 pm

again...

2012/2014/2015/2016...

City/country:
    Brasilia/Brazil

Age (optional):

I not 100% sure but I think it was an Accept album - 1982/3

Play any instruments?
    nope

Top 5 bands?
    Nowadays
    Wolfheart
    Amorphis
    Dynasty
    Eclipse
    Insomnium

All time - I Think
    Heavy Load - 80s stuff
    Dark Tranquillity
    Metallica
    In Flames
    Volbeat
    Eluveitie

What do you do?
    Federal Employee - Auditor

What deck are you on?
    deck 6
    metal4ever
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:54 pm

The guy before me is my brother..

2012//2015/2016...

City/country:
    Salvador/Brazil

Age (optional):

A friend who introduced me... Iorn Maiden (Powerslave)

Play any instruments?
    nope

Top 5 bands?
    All time
    Hammerfall
    Sabatton
    Heavy Load - 80s stuff
    Mad Max
    Metallica

What do you do?
    College Professor (Economics and Math) & Financial manager at a local NGO

What deck are you on?
    deck 6
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
  • finntrollinabox
    Wiper

by finntrollinabox » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:12 pm

My name is Olivia :)

City/country:
    Doylestown, Pennsylvania ---> Boston, Massachusetts

Age (optional):
    20.. I'll be 21 on February 4th, so I'm celebrating a major birthday on 70,000Tons!

My dad played all the classics. Then I got a computer and discovered YouTube's "related videos" and that opened up a whole new world... I was glad I got into really heavy stuff like Amon Amarth. It scares people that a five foot tall female (who admittedly doesn't look very metal) has such a huge personality. :deathhorns:

Play any instruments?
    I can play, like, one part of Guardians of Asgaard. I can kind of sing, but not really. So... no. The simple answer is "no".

Top 5 bands?
    Amon Amarth
    Korpiklaani
    HammerFall
    Iron Maiden
    Finntroll or Ensiferum

What do you do?
    I'm a full-time university student at Emerson College in Boston, going into my third year! I'm studying film production and creative writing, and I am a freelance journalist for the Intelligencer/Courier Times in Pennsylvania. During the summers I work part-time... I guess it's kind of lame, but I have to make money, right?

What deck are you on?
    E!
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Sidvarg wrote:Next year will be my first cruose, i will be going with my gf so here's about us

Welcome to the 70k family :) Both of you will have a time of your life. :viking:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:07 am

[quote="finntrollinabox"] My name is Olivia :)

Age (optional):
    20.. I'll be 21 on February 4th, so I'm celebrating a major birthday on 70,000Tons!

As someone who celebrated their birthday on broad this year get ready for not just the best birthday, but for the time of your life! :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:43 am

Hi everybody, my name is Relja and I'm an anti-alcoholic (I'm not kidding :mrgreen: )
    This will be my first cruise, I'm coming with 5 of my friends (codename: dlakavi), we're expecting nothing less than an epic experience!

City/country:
    Serbia, formerly Yugoslavia

29, will be 30 just a few days before boarding

I was always a RnR fan, but successfully avoided metal until late teenage years when my crazy friend hooked me up on Metallica, then a few years later they came to my town and played in front of 30k people. It was my first big concert, and the rest is history. I've been to more than 50 concerts since then, mostly metal and hard rock music.

Play any instruments?
    Sadly, no. No wait, I play Guitar Hero! :mrgreen:

Top 5 bands?
    Anything that came out of Slash's guitar
    Iron Maiden
    Blind Guardian
    Tool
    SOAD

What do you do?
    I'm a freelance programmer/biker/soon to become tattoo addict/beard grower/basketball fanatic. Not necessarily in that order.

What deck are you on?
    Deck 2. I imagine it's near the engine room.

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    My name. Nobody outside my country can pronounce it right
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    dlakavi_sajdzija
    Wiper

by dlakavi_sajdzija » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:44 am

Ok so since Relja has already started this intro, let me chime in as well - I'm Alex and it's going to be my first cruise as well!
    I am the second in the group of us six Serbs that will be joing y'all and I hope we will get to meet a ton of cool people and hopefully show every1 what a lovely bunch of fluffiness we are! Except on the basketball court :death:

City/country:
    Belgrade, Serbia

When we were in first year of high school, I was a member of the first and only SOAD tribute band in my home country. We had four years of absolute awesomeness, eventually started making our own music and the peak of our success was our gig at the Exit festival (http://www.exitfest.org) which was voted as one of the best festivals in Europe. Needless to say, live gigs have always been and will be fantastic for me, no matter on which side of the stage I am! :shred:

Play any instruments?
    Decent guitar and piano player and a very, very bad drummer.

Top 5 bands?
    Iron Maiden
    Blind Guardian (and Iced Earth)
    SOAD
    Pain of Salvation
    Ayreon
    Pure Reason Revolution, God is an Astronaut, Russian Circles... =]

What do you do?
    I'm an IT engineer and entrepreneur, have my own startup company and host a pub quiz every week :D

What deck are you on?
    Deck 2. We're going doooooooown!

I put ketchup on my ketchup.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:00 am

Welcome, Serbs! It would be really nice to meet you onbroad :)
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:12 am

Cheers mate :) I visited Barcelona last year, beautiful city!
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    dlakavi_sajdzija
    Wiper

by dlakavi_sajdzija » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:13 am

Thank you ! Likewise :)
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:36 am

Welcome Serbs.
    In my team is also one Serb living in Switzerland since his childhood :)
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
  • MikeD
    Wiper

by MikeD » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:34 am

Ahoy, fellas!
    Next year is gonna be my first time on that cruise :headbanger:

City/country:
    Tel Aviv, Israel

Age (optional):

It began in the late high school days - listening and learning to play Metallica on a guitar, along with other mainstream metal stuff. In 2006 I went for the first time to an international band's gig - Opeth. The rest is history.

Play any instruments?
    Used to play on a guitar. Nowadays it rarely happens.

Top 5 bands?
    Hard to pick, but I'd say those appeared quite a lot on my playlist during the last decade:
    Iron Maiden
    Dream Theater
    Opeth
    Arch Enemy
    Nightwish

What do you do?
    Software development - during a normal day (and a non-normal night)
    Social gatherings, beach, friends, beer, some sports, indoors activities - during free time, so to say
    And of course - metal festivals, exotic countries, ski and more - on vacations

What deck are you on?
    Deck 2

Cheers! Only 29 weeks to go :viking:
    dlakavi_sajdzija
    Wiper

by dlakavi_sajdzija » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:26 pm

Mal2000 wrote:Welcome Serbs.
    In my team is also one Serb living in Switzerland since his childhood :)

Sweet! The more the merrier :)
  • Drewdub
    Wiper

by Drewdub » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:36 pm

This is my second cruise, was there 2015. Pretty stoked about being on the boat another year.

City/country:
    San Diego, USA.

Age (optional):

During high school my favorite bands were Tool (still my favorite) and Metallica. Junior year I started playing guitar and listening to Children of Bodom, Norther, Kalmah, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, etc.

Play any instruments?
    Guitar. As I get older I play less and less.

Top 5 metal bands?
    In Flames
    Children of Bodom
    Amoral
    Kalmah
    Finntroll

What do you do?
    Buy me a beer and I will tell you.

What deck are you on?
    2015- Done.
    2016- Lets get drunk.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Welcome to the forum all you new kids
    this will be my 7th UMC cruise and I would not miss it for anything
    Might be my least favorite line up but I still will not miss it
    I keep listening to the bands all ready announced and the line up gets better every day.

See you all soon :mrgreen: :oops: :beerbang:

here is a short Video of myself on vacation from one of my 1st posts here but not from the cruise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxKClW-5M0U
    enjoy and laugh at me :stagger:

Back to the question?
    top 5 generes ;)
    Death Metal
    Grindcore
    Black Metal
    NYHC
    Thrash Metal

do I play?
    no

What got me into metal?
    my uncle, The Dragon Lord, when he introduced me to Iron Maiden back around Piece of Mind and Number of the beast
    before that was ZZ top ? what can I say, I was in the 5th grade. I did not know any better.
    Many years later I brought him here :viking:
    Last edited by Azazel101 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:13 pm

at least it wasn't the poop video .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I Evil, yes I am. I am Man :givebeer: :cheers: :beerhorns: :viking:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:18 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:at least it wasn't the poop video .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have I forgotten something? :oops:
    because the only poop I remember is you not flushing before I was about to throw up :cry:
    and that did not make things any easier
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:23 pm

Azazel101 wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:at least it wasn't the poop video .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have I forgotten something? :oops:
    because the only poop I remember is you not flushing before I was about to throw up :cry:

maybe it was something I seen on your external .... and it may have been just a photo of you on the potty. sorry I'm drunk :lol: :lol: :lol: here's to many more :oops:
  • Vikingpoptarts
    Wiper

by Vikingpoptarts » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Hello! My name is Kelli and this is my first year going. :)

City/country:
    Kelso, Washington USA

Age (optional):
    24, 25 next week

I grew up with my mom listening to a lot of rock of all shapes and forms so that started my love for it. My sister is 7 years older so when I was in 3rd grade she introduced me to a lot of the heavier music and since then it's just grown. :)

Play any instruments?
    Nope

Top 5 bands?
    Amon Amarth
    Turisas
    Alestorm
    Kamelot
    Apocalyptica

What do you do?
    I teach 1st grade :viking:

What deck are you on?

I'm very allergic to rice? I suppose strangers don't know that. :|
    Wishlist :Turisas, Kamelot,Hammerfall, Stratovarious, Varg, Amon Amarth, Manowar, Katatonia, Kataklysm, Blind Guardian, Wintersun, Behemoth, Black Guard, Powerglove, Eluveitie, Suidakra, Kalmah, Evile, Heidevolk, Helloween, Alestorm, Falconer, Alestorm
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:35 pm

Welcome Kelli and I am sure you will enjoy :deathhorns:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:26 am

Vikingpoptarts wrote:Hello! My name is Kelli and this is my first year going. :)

City/country:
    Kelso, Washington USA

Age (optional):
    24, 25 next week

I grew up with my mom listening to a lot of rock of all shapes and forms so that started my love for it. My sister is 7 years older so when I was in 3rd grade she introduced me to a lot of the heavier music and since then it's just grown. :)

Play any instruments?
    Nope

Top 5 bands?
    Amon Amarth
    Turisas
    Alestorm
    Kamelot
    Apocalyptica

What do you do?
    I teach 1st grade :viking:

What deck are you on?

I'm very allergic to rice? I suppose strangers don't know that. :|

1/10 Not good with rice

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:33 pm

Welcome Kelli. :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    Sure you will enjoy it and its easy to avoid rice. There´s beer. :belly:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    Belkiney
    Wiper

by Belkiney » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:48 pm

I’m Hunter and this is also my first year going. Going solo but it should be tons of fun. :shred:

City/country:
    Portland, Oregon, US

Age (optional):

This kid at my middle school wore a different Iron Maiden shirt every day. Literally every day and eventually I looked them up and was immediately hooked.

Play any instruments?
    Nah.

Top 5 bands?
    Sabaton
    Wintersun
    Kataklysm
    Behemoth
    Children of Bodom

What do you do?
    Sales Merchandising! which basically means I run around and make products look pretty.

What deck are you on?

If you repeated any of this information back to me immediately I’d be a bit concerned.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:31 pm

dlakavi_gusar wrote:I'm an anti-alcoholic (I'm not kidding :mrgreen: )

You're gonna have a bad time. :shock:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    2021 Wishlist: Arkona
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:51 pm

mgrock wrote: its easy to avoid rice. There´s beer. :belly:

There's rice beer, so beware
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    mike314
    Oiler

by mike314 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:30 am

Hi! I'm mike. Brand new to the forum. 2015 survivor. Looking forward to 2016

City/country:
    Syracuse, New York, USA

Age (optional):

I grew up in rural NH until I was about 14. So when I was a kid I thought all metal was stuff like poison and motley crue. Redneck rock like white snake etc. So I was convinced that heavy metal was only for hillbilly rednecks and the like. Until I heard White Zombie. It was heavy. It was weird. It caught my attention so hard. I realized that hard and heavy music didnt have to be the typical garbage that came screaming out of pickup trucks, haha. Within months I found pantera, slayer, misfits/danzig, and so many other punk, metal, industrial bands I had never even considered liking just because i was worried about looking like one of the guys who picked on me. Metal made me more tolerant and less likely to judge based on looks or fashion.

Play any instruments?
    Guitar and bass. But at the skill level of some high school kid in a crust punk band.

Top 5 bands?
    Fear Factory
    Napalm Death
    Jungle Rot
    Pig Destroyer
    Decapitation

What do you do?
    Funeral Director :death:

What deck are you on?
    7133 can not fucking wait
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:07 am

My name is Maciej and this will be my first metal cruise!

City/country:
    Mississauga, Canada. (city next to Toronto)

I always liked hard rock since I was a kid, I liked AC DC, Metallica, GNR, Scorpions, Queen, Jimi Hendrix, Sabbath, etc. Eventually in highschool I borrowed a bootlegged Sepultura tape. Live in somewhere in the UK I think. Circa 1990 I would guess. It scared the shit out of me but then I started listening to it more. Sepultura led me to Soulfly, Pantera, Zombie and associated bands. Shortly after that I graduated into more legit bands.

Play any instruments?
    None

Top 5 bands?
    Iron Maiden
    All things Dio
    Kreator
    Edguy
    Blind Guardian

What do you do?
    Business development. Fancy term for sales

What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Outside of my love for metal I am hardcore into pro wrestling. Not just your standard WWE, I'm a huge supporter or independent wrestling and Japanese stuff. Other than that I'm always at my local grimy gym.

What deck are you on?

Threaten to force feed me hard boiled eggs. Its the food that nightmares are made of
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Sickening Gore
    Oiler

by Sickening Gore » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Hello! My name's Alex and this will be my wife Phylicia's and mine first cruise after been wanting to go for so long! We are very excited! :D

City/Country:
    Las Vegas, NV (I'm originally from Russia)

My mom! My mom was a metalhead in Russia in her teenage years. At age 11 she introduced me to Iron Maiden and it all started from there.

Play any instruments?
    None

Top 5 bands?
    1. Sodom (Finally get to see them!)
    2. Asphyx
    3. Benediction
    4. Nocturnal Breed
    5. Demolition Hammer

What do you do?
    US Air Force enlisted.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Besides going to shows all the time, I love gaming, horror movies, and outdoor activities (even though Vegas is very limited to that kinda stuff)

What deck are you on?

Very excited to meet everyone on the boat and the pre-fest party!!
  • Post Reply 3920 posts