Post Reply 3920 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Who are you?

by wildchild » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    last_candle wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:thast a good question........who the fuck am I?????

you just made me listen to W.A.S.P.'s "The Invisible Boy"
    *sings* whooo am iiiiiiiiiiiiii?

my 2nd favorite album from WASP, Headless Children is my #1

Good choice ! :beerhorns:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:38 pm

last_candle wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:thast a good question........who the fuck am I?????

you just made me listen to W.A.S.P.'s "The Invisible Boy"
    *sings* whooo am iiiiiiiiiiiiii?

:lol: Debb's post made me youtube "Who Are You?" by The Who (can never pass up a good reference to the 1970's ;) )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_FZVD5lsAw (Keith Moon was such a nut)
    Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
    I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
    Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
    'Cause I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:42 pm

"this is not a game of who the fuck are you"
    because I am vader
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:10 pm

bangers wrote:"this is not a game of who the fuck are you"
    because I am vader

:lol:
    .....We are not men! We are Devo!
    (good grief - get me on this cruise already lest I totally lose it over here :? :lol: )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:15 pm

:lol:
    .....We are not men! We are Devo!
    (good grief - get me on this cruise already lest I totally lose it over here :? :lol: )[/quote]
    ha ha haaa....Oh ur not alone...you can tell everyone is getting WAY excited from the posts here today.......OH and "the WHO" classic!! brings back memories!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:22 pm

tyrwoman wrote: :lol: Debb's post made me youtube "Who Are You?" by The Who (can never pass up a good reference to the 1970's ;) )

Thanks Laura, now I'll have that song in my head all day. :evil:

:cheers:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:23 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote: :lol: Debb's post made me youtube "Who Are You?" by The Who (can never pass up a good reference to the 1970's ;) )

Thanks Laura, now I'll have that song in my head all day. :evil:

:cheers:

whooooooo are youuuu....who who.......who who
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:35 pm

Great, now I feel like I'm watching CSI :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:51 pm

wildchild wrote:Name :
    Zeena

City / Country:
    Stockholm, Sweden

What first got me into Metal :
    Was quite young 10 or 11, went on a language course to Eastbourne and stayed with an English family for a month.The oldest brother in the family was a diehard fan of Black Sabbath and played them from morning to night, and I got hooked !

Play any instruments ?
    I played classical piano for 9 years and then I moved on to playing bass guitar...not playing anymore sadly , due to lack of time :cry:

Top 5 bands ?
    OZZY OSBOURNE
    Black Sabbath
    Amon Amarth
    Machine Head
    W.A.S.P.

What do you do ?
    I have a Rock Cafe in Stockholm

What deck are you on ?
    Got upgraded to deck 3 ( G ) :D

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Well I sometimes do the occasinal split ( or quite often ) when in a good headbangin´mood :lol:

Hi and welcome to the forum Zeena! (and all the other people that posted on this thread recently :cheers: ) So, you are from stunning Stockholm! A friend and I flew there after Wacken in 2009. Neither of us had ever been there before and thought it would be a cool place to hang out after the festival. We were there five days and did lots of sightseeing, museum going, eating/drinking, and enjoying the ambience of the city. We absolutely loved it there!!!! The weather was perfect, people were so friendly, and there were so many great places to visit, etc. What struck us in particular was how CLEAN the city is, how beautifully designed everything is from shops to restaurants, etc. (there's the famous "Scandinavian design" for you, I guess ;) ), and that during our entire stay there we saw only a few homeless/begger types. I live in Chicago and one can hardly walk in the downtown area (and many other areas) a block without spotting someone begging for money, sitting/laying on the sidewalk, or generally acting crazy. It's a very sad situation and not uncommon in certain US cities. I don't mean to start a big discussion about the differences in our societies/governments, etc. - just thought I'd mention it because it was something we really noticed.....oh, enough on that ;) ... Cool you have a Rock Cafe there! The only metal bar/club we went to was one on the edge of Gamla Stan (can't remember the name right now). Like your top 5 bands list by the way - especially Amon Amarth and Machine Head (who were both awesome at Wacken 2009 I might add!) :cheers:
    Last edited by Laura on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:54 pm

I don't think anyone appreciated my quote!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw
    Room 3612
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:36 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    wildchild wrote:Name :
    Zeena

City / Country:
    Stockholm, Sweden

What first got me into Metal :
    Was quite young 10 or 11, went on a language course to Eastbourne and stayed with an English family for a month.The oldest brother in the family was a diehard fan of Black Sabbath and played them from morning to night, and I got hooked !

Play any instruments ?
    I played classical piano for 9 years and then I moved on to playing bass guitar...not playing anymore sadly , due to lack of time :cry:

Top 5 bands ?
    OZZY OSBOURNE
    Black Sabbath
    Amon Amarth
    Machine Head
    W.A.S.P.

What do you do ?
    I have a Rock Cafe in Stockholm

What deck are you on ?
    Got upgraded to deck 3 ( G ) :D

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Well I sometimes do the occasinal split ( or quite often ) when in a good headbangin´mood :lol:

Hi and welcome to the forum Zeena! (and all the other people that posted on this thread recently :cheers: ) So, you are from stunning Stockholm! A friend and I flew there after Wacken in 2009. Neither of us had ever been there before and thought it would be a cool place to hang out after the festival. We were there five days and did lots of sightseeing, museum going, eating/drinking, and enjoying the ambience of the city. We absolutely loved it there!!!! The weather was perfect, people were so friendly, and there were so many great places to visit, etc. What struck us in particular was how CLEAN the city is, how beautifully designed everything is from shops to restaurants, etc. (there's the famous "Scandinavian design" for you, I guess ;) ), and that during our entire stay there we saw only a few homeless/begger types. I live in Chicago and one can hardly walk in the downtown area (or anywhere for that matter) a block without spotting someone begging for money, sitting/laying on the sidewalk, or generally acting crazy. It's a very sad situation and not uncommon in certain US cities. I don't mean to start a big discussion about the differences in our societies/governments, etc. - just thought I'd mention it because it was something we really noticed.....oh, enough on that ;) ... Cool you have a Rock Cafe there! The only metal bar/club we went to was one on the edge of Gamla Stan (can't remember the name right now). Like your top 5 bands list by the way - especially Amon Amarth and Machine Head (who were both awesome at Wacken 2009 I might add!) :cheers:

Hello tyrwoman :D
    Thank you so much for the kind and lovely compliments of my city :cool:
    It´s a very lovely city in the Summer with a good buzz going on and plenty to do !
    I´m so glad you enjoyed your stay there !! T
    he rock place you mentioned must have been Medusa or Debaser Slussen ? The best place to go though is Pub Anchor with live bands almost every day of the week :shred: or Kellys Bar, cheap beer and a good mix of rock and metal :heavydrink:
    I also went to Wacken in 2009 ( first time ) and was blown away ! Amon Amarth was amazing, seen them many times before, but that gig was AWESOME !!! Did you go to the partytent W.E.T stage on the 1st night when Grand Magus where playing ? To everyones surprise, Amon Amarth, Hammerfall and InFlames came up on stage too...what a party that was !! Love Wacken and went last year too :viking: and just got my tickets for this year as they are nearly SOLD OUT !!
    I´m so exited about this trip and wish I could get on the plane tonight and be ready to set sail on Monday !!
    It´ll be so much fun to meet everyone from all over the world and have a good full-on METALPARTY !!!
    Hope to find you on the ship somewhere and have a toast for Stockholm :party: :cheers:
    P.S will be staying ion deck 3 with my mates D.S :cool:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    1tribe1
    Oiler

by 1tribe1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:30 pm

City/country:
    Cheyenne Wy. Last 5 years From Jackson Mi.

Age (optional):

What first got you into metal?
    Older Brothers playing Black Sabbath, Led Zepelin, Kiss'

Play any instruments?
    Tried once'

Top 5 bands?
    This is a tough one. I'll go with top 5 on this cruise..
    Obituary
    Testament
    Exodus
    Malevolent Creation
    Death Angel

What do you do?
    Other than get drunk...
    I am a Traffic Control Maintainer. Set up those orange barrels everyone hates so much in construction zones.

What deck are you on?

Let's go pub pissin!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:28 am

The Crimson Idol would be my no1
    I hope you saw'em on the tour where the played the whole album! (like five years ago)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:06 am

Oh that was a really really GOOD WASP tour !! One of the best WASP gigs I´ve ever been to !!! And I´ve been to quite a few... :metalguy:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:36 am

I missed this page! the Crimson Idol tour was indeed great!
    (almost) perfect setlist for me and they seemed to be in a better mood than the tour before

bangers wrote:I don't think anyone appreciated my quote!!!

ROFLOL!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    oh my god - funniest thing I've seen in a very long time! priceless!
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:41 pm

wildchild wrote:Hello tyrwoman :D
    Thank you so much for the kind and lovely compliments of my city :cool:
    It´s a very lovely city in the Summer with a good buzz going on and plenty to do !
    I´m so glad you enjoyed your stay there !! T
    he rock place you mentioned must have been Medusa or Debaser Slussen ? The best place to go though is Pub Anchor with live bands almost every day of the week :shred: or Kellys Bar, cheap beer and a good mix of rock and metal :heavydrink:
    I also went to Wacken in 2009 ( first time ) and was blown away ! Amon Amarth was amazing, seen them many times before, but that gig was AWESOME !!! Did you go to the partytent W.E.T stage on the 1st night when Grand Magus where playing ? To everyones surprise, Amon Amarth, Hammerfall and InFlames came up on stage too...what a party that was !! Love Wacken and went last year too :viking: and just got my tickets for this year as they are nearly SOLD OUT !!
    I´m so exited about this trip and wish I could get on the plane tonight and be ready to set sail on Monday !!
    It´ll be so much fun to meet everyone from all over the world and have a good full-on METALPARTY !!!
    Hope to find you on the ship somewhere and have a toast for Stockholm :party: :cheers:
    P.S will be staying ion deck 3 with my mates D.S :cool:

I think the name of the bar we went to was Medusa - by the way , we especially loooooved walking around Gamla Stan at night - so beautiful (almost fairytale like! ;) ) Cool you went to Wacken 2009 as well - I missed the 2009 Grand Magus performance you mentioned - so cool that AA, etc. came on stage! 2009 was also my first time, and loved it so much, that upon returning I immediately made plans to go to Wacken 2010. For that trip (travelled on my own that time), I combined Wacken with a pre-trip to Oslo, Norway - another city I had never been to and really wanted to visit. I don't think Oslo is nearly as beautiful as Stockholm, but I visited so many wonderful sites and museums (too many to list here - but a few of the highlights were the Viking Ship Museum :viking: and Fram Polar Ship Museum.) An added bonus was that one of my favorite Norwegian bands, Ulver, happened to be playing (at the Opera House no less!) while I was there. Between Oslo and Wacken - it was quite a dream trip for me! On another note, I see you are a W.A.S.P. fan - even though I don't know them much, I did see most of the Wacken gig and thought they were great! I need to check them out more - will wait till after the cruise though since I'm still trying to familarize myself with some of the cruise bands I don't know much! And I leave for Miami 2 weeks from tomorrow! :D We'll definitely have to have a toast to Stockholm (and of course all those great Swedish metal bands! :beerwink: ) on the cruise - I'm on Deck 6 and my name is Laura. Cheers and see you and all soon!
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:42 pm

last_candle wrote:I missed this page! the Crimson Idol tour was indeed great!
    (almost) perfect setlist for me and they seemed to be in a better mood than the tour before

bangers wrote:I don't think anyone appreciated my quote!!!

ROFLOL!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    oh my god - funniest thing I've seen in a very long time! priceless!

Haha glad you got a laugh out of it mate!!!!
    Room 3612
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:05 pm

My name is Stach, below is a questionaire from the Hard N Heavy Commonwealth forum.
    What`s your age?56
    Since when are you into Metal?14 years old
    What was your first Metal album?Deep Purple-Machine Head
    What was your first concert?Leon Russell 1970
    Best band ever?Overkill
    Best album ever?Overkill-WFO
    Best Metal singer?Phil Mogg
    Best Metal guitarist?Toni Iommi
    Most over-rated band?Dream Theater
    Most under-rated band?Earthride
    What`s better - a cool riff or a cool solo?Solo in Aqualung
    Priest or Maiden?Priest
    AC/DC or Kiss or Motörhead?ALL OF THEM
    Baloff or Souza?Zetro
    Reign in Blood or Master of Puppets?RIB
    MelodicDeath Metal or ProgPower Metal?Neither
    CD or vinyl?Both
    Mail order or second-hand shop?M O
    Cinema or DVD?DVD
    Beer or wine?Beer
    Sports or no-sports?Sports
    Pizza or pasta?[b][/b]Pizza
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:59 pm

A completely different model then the one we use here, but I guess it gets the point across. A little spacing would've helped :lol:

Nonetheless, welcome to the circus! :heavydrink:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Hellpig
    Oiler

by Hellpig » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:40 pm

Hey there, it's kind of late to post here... but better than never. I'm Peter from Quebec City, Canada! Been a metalhead from 20 years now (i'm 33), and a metal photographer for 12 years now. I'm a european festival veteran for the last 10 years, covering a shit load of festival all over europe... and canada. But this cruise is new (well for everyone too I guess) and I'm fucking excited about this! Man, this will fucking rock! I'll be on deck 4, in the photopit, at the bars... and at the bars too. Hope to make some new friends there! Let's raise some fucking hell!
    From beer to eternity

Cabin 4588
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:25 am

Hellpig wrote:Hey there, it's kind of late to post here... but better than never. I'm Peter from Quebec City, Canada! Been a metalhead from 20 years now (i'm 33), and a metal photographer for 12 years now. I'm a european festival veteran for the last 10 years, covering a shit load of festival all over europe... and canada. But this cruise is new (well for everyone too I guess) and I'm fucking excited about this! Man, this will fucking rock! I'll be on deck 4, in the photopit, at the bars... and at the bars too. Hope to make some new friends there! Let's raise some fucking hell!

welcome to the forum and welcome to the cruise
    :cheers: on your great avatar - B&E is one of my all time favorite albums!
    wishlist '20:
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:34 am

[I think the name of the bar we went to was Medusa - by the way , we especially loooooved walking around Gamla Stan at night - so beautiful (almost fairytale like! ;) ) Cool you went to Wacken 2009 as well - I missed the 2009 Grand Magus performance you mentioned - so cool that AA, etc. came on stage! 2009 was also my first time, and loved it so much, that upon returning I immediately made plans to go to Wacken 2010. For that trip (travelled on my own that time), I combined Wacken with a pre-trip to Oslo, Norway - another city I had never been to and really wanted to visit. I don't think Oslo is nearly as beautiful as Stockholm, but I visited so many wonderful sites and museums (too many to list here - but a few of the highlights were the Viking Ship Museum :viking: and Fram Polar Ship Museum.) An added bonus was that one of my favorite Norwegian bands, Ulver, happened to be playing (at the Opera House no less!) while I was there. Between Oslo and Wacken - it was quite a dream trip for me! On another note, I see you are a W.A.S.P. fan - even though I don't know them much, I did see most of the Wacken gig and thought they were great! I need to check them out more - will wait till after the cruise though since I'm still trying to familarize myself with some of the cruise bands I don't know much! And I leave for Miami 2 weeks from tomorrow! :D We'll definitely have to have a toast to Stockholm (and of course all those great Swedish metal bands! :beerwink: ) on the cruise - I'm on Deck 6 and my name is Laura. Cheers and see you and all soon![/quote]

Hi Laura,
    Gamla Stan is a really cute place I agree, did you see the cannon balls that were stuck in the walls at the big square where the church is ?
    I´ve only been to Oslo once for a rock :headbanger: weekend so I didn´t get much time to see the sights, but there´s still time I suppose :D
    Yeah I´ve liked W.A.S.P. for a long time, and I have been lucky to get to know Doug ( the guitarrist , he´s my friend´s boyfriend ) so whenever they´re in Europe I go to as many shows I can...to meet up with him and his girlfriend and to hear them play of course ! :shred: Blackie has an amazing voice and I love their albums :metalguy: I can burn a CD for you and bring to the cruise for you to check out :D
    I´m also trying to familarize myself with some of the cruise bands ,as some of them I´ve never heard before :headbanger:
    I´ll come and look for you on deck 6 if I don´t see you before in Miami :heavydrink:

See you all real SOON !! :viking:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 am

STACH100 wrote:My name is Stach, below is a questionaire from the Hard N Heavy Commonwealth forum.....Best Metal singer?Phil Mogg.....

'yo STACH! Love Phil Mogg as well! Coincidentially, I posted a few of my UFO ticket stubs on the "Gig History" thread. Since Roscoe isn't too far from Chicagoland, any chance you were at either of those gigs? It turns out another forum member, Goddess of Metal (now living in CA), was at the same 1978 gig, as well as another UFO gig I was at in '77 (Soldier Field - lost my stub for that one)

From viewtopic.php?f=4&t=405&start=0
    UFO - past and present - they still totally ROCK!
    I would have loved to have Phil Mogg sign my 1978 UFO ticket when I saw them a year ago.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:21 am

wildchild wrote:Hi Laura,
    Gamla Stan is a really cute place I agree, did you see the cannon balls that were stuck in the walls at the big square where the church is ?
    I´ve only been to Oslo once for a rock :headbanger: weekend so I didn´t get much time to see the sights, but there´s still time I suppose :D
    Yeah I´ve liked W.A.S.P. for a long time, and I have been lucky to get to know Doug ( the guitarrist , he´s my friend´s boyfriend ) so whenever they´re in Europe I go to as many shows I can...to meet up with him and his girlfriend and to hear them play of course ! :shred: Blackie has an amazing voice and I love their albums :metalguy: I can burn a CD for you and bring to the cruise for you to check out :D
    I´m also trying to familarize myself with some of the cruise bands ,as some of them I´ve never heard before :headbanger:
    I´ll come and look for you on deck 6 if I don´t see you before in Miami :heavydrink:

See you all real SOON !! :viking:

Nope - didn't see the cannon balls (at least I don't think I did! :lol: ) Yeah, W.A.S.P.'s Blackie is great! Thanks for the W.A.S.P. CD offer - would love it! I'm still working on the cruise band familiarization - it's been great hearing so much new music (for me) from Sabaton to Sanctuary. :cheers:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:18 pm

The whole cannonball reference reminded me of the time I saw AC/DC back in 1988 and when they played For Those About To Rock, namely the cannon fire. Holy shit, were my ears ringing for the next 3 days. Anyone else have that experience?
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:57 pm

when I saw ac/dc off their who made who tour ... yeah the cannon blast for those about to rock were deafening to say the least. awesome concert (queensryche was the opening act) :cheers: :givebeer:
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:30 pm

tyrwoman wrote:I would have loved to have Phil Mogg sign my 1978 UFO ticket when I saw them a year ago.

Like this?

One of the 4 Autographs i have. From July 1974 ....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes

www.lalasreisen.de
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Lal@ wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:I would have loved to have Phil Mogg sign my 1978 UFO ticket when I saw them a year ago.

Like this?

One of the 4 Autographs i have. From July 1974 ....

YES!!! Love it! Thanks for posting it and for being another forum member who saw UFO in the 1970's :D :headbanger:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:01 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:when I saw ac/dc off their who made who tour ... yeah the cannon blast for those about to rock were deafening to say the least. awesome concert (queensryche was the opening act) :cheers: :givebeer:

i was most definitely born a bit too late! damn.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:02 pm

I also saw UFO in the 70's. They headlined at the Riverside Theater , Milwaukee. Back up band, AC/DC!

But no TYRwoman I was not at the shows you went to.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:14 pm

STACH100 wrote:I also saw UFO in the 70's. They headlined at the Riverside Theater , Milwaukee. Back up band, AC/DC!

But no TYRwoman I was not at the shows you went to.

so you got to see 'em with Bon? Totally cool :cheers:
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Of yeah that was the third time I saw them with Bon.
    First was in a small club in Madison called the Stone Hearth.
    Second was at the Electric ballroom in Milwaukee.
    Fourth was at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:54 am

I saw UFO on a Festival together with Baker Gurvitz Army, Earth & Fire, Gentle Giant, Nektar, Savoy Brown, Scorpions and some Krautrock Bands.
    1975 played Budgie, Camel, Caravan, Golden Earring, John Cale, Magna Charta, Rainbow, Scorpions, UFO and Wallenstein on another Festival. UFO was in for Procul Harum...
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes

www.lalasreisen.de
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:21 am

Lal@ wrote:I saw UFO on a Festival together with Baker Gurvitz Army, Earth & Fire, Gentle Giant, Nektar, Savoy Brown, Scorpions and some Krautrock Bands.
    1975 played Budgie, Camel, Caravan, Golden Earring, John Cale, Magna Charta, Rainbow, Scorpions, UFO and Wallenstein on another Festival. UFO was in for Procul Harum...

Lal@ - love that poster (and several of the bands mentioned)! Great 70's style artwork. Where I work, we have a large collection of books on the history of rock poster art, as well as album cover art (I believe we even have a metal album cover book) - lots of cool vintage stuff like Lal@'s poster. :cool:
    Rum Runner
    Petty Officer

by Rum Runner » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:00 pm

UFO is going on the road this year and there is supposed to be a new album too. Never had a chance to see Phil before so I am keeping my eyes open for a show in Florida.
    "And the ship sails on / Back to the north / Through the fog and ice / And the albatross follows on" -- Rime of the Ancient Mariner
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:14 am

tyrwoman wrote:Lal@ - love that poster (and several of the bands mentioned)! Great 70's style artwork. Where I work, we have a large collection of books on the history of rock poster art, as well as album cover art (I believe we even have a metal album cover book) - lots of cool vintage stuff like Lal@'s poster. :cool:

Did any artists in the 60's or 70's who WEREN'T on acid get any work? :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:12 am

Lal@ that was one hell of a show.
    I have also seen Budgie in the 70's. Breadfan!!!!!!!11
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Unrepentant Heathen
    Crewman

by Unrepentant Heathen » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:55 am

Unrepentant Heathen wrote:Hello this is my first post so here goes!!

City/country:
    Long Island, New York (home of Cawfee, Baygulls and dah Nawt Shaw and Sowt Shaw), United States

Age (optional):
    45 (46 next month)

What first got you into metal?
    I was 6 and at a Family BBQ on Labor Day weekend, 1971 at my uncle and aunt's house. I went to use the downstairs bathroom and I heard music playing and went around the corner. At the time my cousin who was 19 played in a hard rock cover band (Iron Butterfly, Zeppelin, CCR etc but didn't know about them at the time..LOL). Him and his friends were sitting around listening to War Pigs by Sabbath. It completely sucked me in ... he saw me standing there and asked me what I thought of it. Years later he told me I looked wide eyed and possessed hahaha...but he played it again and made me a reel tape pf the album the next week. Over the years he gave me t-shirts and albums. it never bothered my parents as they always felt I should be my own person. But at that moment a metal monster was born :death:

Play any instruments?
    I took piano in school and can play a mean opening to "Smoke on the Water" which I learned in middle school guitar class but otherwise ... No.

Top 5 bands?
    Slayer
    Possessed
    Immortal
    Agalloch
    Black Sabbath

What do you do?
    I am a Manufacturing Engineer for a defense electronics company on Long Island. Been in the electronics field for 25 years now.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Spend time with my daughter and my pet birds and my NYDM Family. Love, love, love just listening to Metal, Metal and ohhh...did I mention Metal???.Smart open-minded people who don't mind standing apart from the crowd are a huge plus. My Hobbies include researching my unique 100% Scottish family background and my clan history, Animals and Animal Rights, Concerts, Football, Baseball, Cars, Boats, Bowling (yes .. bowling!), Fishing, Beer and Wings.

What deck are you on?
    L

I like to dance to Lady Gaga ... hahaha ... well it's out now!

I was off the forums for awhile due to working in the field but wanted to reintroduce myself! I plan on burning them up while I am here to get a crash course in who my fellow cruisers are until I fly down on Saturday, the 22nd. Wow ... cannot believe how excited I am for this!!
    2014: Cabin 2085
    Barge to Hell: Cabin 2545
    2012: Cabin 2515
    2011: Cabin 4583
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    "Respect Everyone .... Bow to No One"
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:01 am

Welcome Back Long Island :beerwink:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Unrepentant Heathen
    Crewman

by Unrepentant Heathen » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:18 am

Thank you ShoreSlayer! :viking: I gotta get busy ... I have to get beyond being an Oiler in a week and a half LOL.
    2014: Cabin 2085
    Barge to Hell: Cabin 2545
    2012: Cabin 2515
    2011: Cabin 4583
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    "Respect Everyone .... Bow to No One"
Post Reply 3920 posts