Post Reply 3920 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
    camille
    Wiper

Re: Who are you?

by camille » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:41 pm

City/country:
    Currently I live in Huntington, WV. I grew up in Lake Alfred, Fl though.

Age (optional):
    24 (25 by cruise time)

What first got you into metal?
    I was in 7th grade and met a chick who opened my eyes to a totally different side of life. We started a "band" with her dad (who was in a KISS cover band, and also who first introduced me to Morbid Angel and CoC). We were awesome, hahaha

Play any instruments?:
    Flute and bass quite well, but i like to try any instrument I get a chance to.

Top 5 bands? This is a hard one...currently I'd say:
    Cannibal Corpse
    Slayer
    Orange Goblin
    Ghost
    Solefald

What do you do?
    I am a bartender and an artist who has dreams of entrepreneurship.

What deck are you on?
    K

What do you like to do in your spare time?
    I enjoy being with my friends either out at the bar, concerts, or at home grilling some food, sharing music, and having good conversations. I also enjoy reading, making art of all sorts, traveling, and adventuring!

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    It takes a lot to creep me out. I'd say that if you came up to me with the intention of creeping me out I'd probably laugh and do something even creepier back at you. :cheers:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:58 pm

camille wrote:City/country:
    Currently I live in Huntington, WV. I grew up in Lake Alfred, Fl though.

Age (optional):
    24 (25 by cruise time)

I was in 7th grade and met a chick who opened my eyes to a totally different side of life. We started a "band" with her dad (who was in a KISS cover band, and also who first introduced me to Morbid Angel and CoC). We were awesome, hahaha

Play any instruments?:
    Flute and bass quite well, but i like to try any instrument I get a chance to.

Top 5 bands? This is a hard one...currently I'd say:
    Cannibal Corpse
    Slayer
    Orange Goblin
    Ghost
    Solefald

What do you do?
    I am a bartender and an artist who has dreams of entrepreneurship.

What deck are you on?
    K

I enjoy being with my friends either out at the bar, concerts, or at home grilling some food, sharing music, and having good conversations. I also enjoy reading, making art of all sorts, traveling, and adventuring!

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    It takes a lot to creep me out. I'd say that if you came up to me with the intention of creeping me out I'd probably laugh and do something even creepier back at you. :cheers:

West Virginians can certainly bring the creepy!

Welcome abroad!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    camille
    Wiper

by camille » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:29 pm

You know it!! Thanks DrinkMoxie I'm excited to be here!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:10 pm

kvanderwyk wrote:Nice -- and we're neighbors!!! Cabin 2012 here :D I look forward to hearing many tales of Palladium shows past...

Sweet! Many stories will be told :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:00 pm

camille wrote:What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?

Well you be well comnditiond by all the creeps here if you continue to hang around and post. Just expect total lunacy, moronacy, stupidity & sarcasm and you'll fit in just fine :)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    slash1962
    Crewman

by slash1962 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:28 am

City/country:
    A small village, close to Hanover, Germany

Age (optional):

Quiet "normal" development for a guy who was born in the early sixtees: Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath. I got my first mc-player in the age of ten. My first cassette was Led Zeppelin I and II.
    Later the 80's stuff...and Alice Cooper from the beginning up to now.

Play any instruments?:
    Guitar for leisure. We have a single house, so no problems with neighbors :shred:
    And also the "Think Geek Guitar Shirt"

Top 5 bands? Quiet hard to say. I seperate:
    Metal:
    Hell (since a couple of weeks)
    Iron Maiden
    Slayer
    Megadeth
    Blind Guardian or Grave Digger

Rock:
    Motörhead
    Led Zeppelin
    Graveyard
    Alice Cooper
    Black Country Communion

What do you do?
    I am an engineer in automotive business.

What deck are you on?
    six

Vinyl records, cycling, driving my old VW bus

Sometimes I use the balance board with my WII, doing some crazy sport exercises.... :oops:
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    2012: Deck 6 - survived
    2013: skipped because of F:M:C
    2014: Deck 3
    Wishlist 2014: Arch Enemy, Hell, RAM, Graveyard, Hardcore Superstar, Opeth, Anvil, Pentagram, Steelwing,
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:51 pm

Hmm, dont think I have ever answered this, here goes

City/country:
    Emmeloord, The Netherlands. Lets just say thats an hour drive from Amsterdam. The land of Stroopwafels

Age (optional):

I started with softer rock, but grew more and more into the stuff some friends of mine were listening to. Starting there, my musical taste varies from all different types of metal, rock and even classical music.

Play any instruments?
    None, unless you count the Rock Band/Guitar hero plastic ones :P

Top 5 bands?
    Sonata Arctica
    Kamelot
    Nightwish
    Blind Guardian
    Blue October

What do you do?
    Selling phones at The PhoneHouse (also known as The Carphone Warehouse).

I like to make pictures. Most of the time in forests, or walking along with friends and their dogs, but also at concerts. I write reviews for a gaming website and a metal website. You can find my coverage of 70k at the press section on the main page (metal Exposure). I like to play videogames (not as much as I used to) and listen to music of watch movies.

What deck are you on?
    2011: 6 (cabin 6526)
    2012: 4 (cabin 4051)

Hey, Arent you Prince William??? (apparently I kind of look like him) xD
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    mcozzy
    Oiler

by mcozzy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:16 pm

City/State...
    Originally from Kailua, Hawaii but moved to Ronkonkoma, New York after I met Tomnuts of Doom in Hawaii.

What first got me into Metal...
    One of my friends introduced me to the Scorpions in 8th grade. I started listening to Megadeth and Metallica in 9th...

Play any instruments...
    Tried to play the violin in 4th grade but didn't make the cut to join orchestra...

Top 5 metal bands...
    Amon Amarth
    Megadeth
    Metallica
    Sonata Arctica
    Iced Earth

What do you do...
    I am a Registered Nurse. I complete assessments for Medicare/Medicaid billing for nursing homes...

What Deck are you on...

Creepy thing no metal head should know about me...
    I've seen John Mayer 5 times in concert...
    Survived 2011. Ready for 2012!!
    mcozzy
    Oiler

by mcozzy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:28 pm

gnoff wrote:
    mcozzy wrote:
    Top 5 metal bands...
    Amon Amarth

Creepy thing no metal head should know about me...
    I've seen John Mayer 5 times in concert...

I'm on 29 with Amon Amarth :roll:

Nice...2 times in the cruise for me, one last month in New York and soon to make #4 next month in New Jersey. They are great!! :viking:
    Survived 2011. Ready for 2012!!
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Might as well enlist:

City/country:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age (optional):

Buddy gave me a Judas Priest cassette in 4th grade (83 or 84?). It only got worse from there. When Metallica and Slayer came into the fold it was over. Went mainstream in 97 joined the navy. Married to a main-streamer in 02, broke her in enough to go on this cruise.

Play any instruments?
    Irrelevant since I have no aspirations to be in a band. Played guitar but lacked the motivation to be a musician. As an old man I can simply enjoy a show.

Top 5 bands?
    Amorphis
    Opeth
    Katatonia
    Hypocrisy
    Neurosis and bands like Neurosis - Isis and Pelican for instance
    (that covers metal, lists are hard)

What do you do?
    Aircraft Mechanic

Surf Fishing, fishing, live music (not just metal), festivals, beer, camping, did I mention fishing?

What deck are you on?

I get pissed if I hear you eating. Cant f-n stand it.
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Jonas Nilsson wrote:
    gnoff wrote:
    Jonas Nilsson wrote:At last me and my son Oscar managed to book tickets :headbanger:
    Cabin 5524 it is...!
    Sweden Rulez :viking:

Awesome!
    Welcome onbroad!

Whereabouts in SE?

Gothenburg, so tomorrow we are hitting Metal Town and Corroded, All that remains, Khoma, Amaranthe, Evergrey and System Of A Down and at Saturday I prioritize Parkway Drive, Cradle of Filth, Bring Me The Horizon, Avenged Sevenfold and Korn :cheers:

I am so glad to see Khoma get mentioned here. They are awesome!! :cheers:
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    tommo76
    Crewman

by tommo76 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:13 am

Hi, that is a nice idea. And maybe a good choice for a first post. I just booked the cruise last week together with two friends. And I am really looking forward to it and I really hope to make some new friends on that cruise.

City/country:

Duesseldorf, Germany (Western Part, really close to the Dutch Border)

Age (optional):

That was at the start of the 90s, when MTV was really big in Germany, and during that time they had a lot of clips on from Bands like Metallica, Guns n' Roses, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and the like. And this made me interested in discovering more "Heavy" Bands. And so I checked out Megadeth, Pantera and Sepultura next, and after that I checked out some Death Metal and Black Metal Bands, and discovered more and more Bands I like. Nowadays I am listing to mostly all heavy genres. In the last years I more and more got into Progressive Rock and Metal, Really enjoy this type of music.

Play any instruments?

I started to learn to play guitar, but I didnt had any talent for it, so I gave it up eventually. I only love to sing under the shower if this counts. :D

Top 5 bands?

Pain of Salvation
    Savatage
    Porcupine Tree
    Subway to Sally
    Dream Theater

What do you do?

I am working in the export sales department of a Japanese Company here in Germany which are producing and selling Glow and Spark Plugs.

What deck are you on?

G

I do love traveling, and cant wait to do some more. So far I really have seen some amazing places like Australia, New Zealand, California, Argentina, Peru and Cambodia, but still so much to discover. Besides this I love going to concerts and listening to music most of the time. Hang out with my friends, playing and watching Football (Soccer) , watching movies and also enjoy a good book from time to time.

I've read the Twilight books :oops:

Would be nice to make some friends here.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:47 am

tommo76 wrote:Would be nice to make some friends here.

That will not be a problem at all! Welcome abroad :cheers:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:03 am

Nicolas0928 wrote:(En este foro no se puede hablar en Español :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: )

Image Image
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 am

slash1962 wrote:City/country:
    A small village, close to Hanover, Germany

Age (optional):

Quiet "normal" development for a guy who was born in the early sixtees: Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath. I got my first mc-player in the age of ten. My first cassette was Led Zeppelin I and II.
    Later the 80's stuff...and Alice Cooper from the beginning up to now.

Another early 60's child here (1961) - GREAT time to be born I think :D - wouldn't trade being a pre-teen and teen in the rockin' 1970's for anything! Unbelievably fantastic decade for music. First "heavy" song I remember hearing was Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song when I was around 9 or 10 and being blown away by it. I've linked this at least a few times before - but I need to link and watch it yet again :D - how can this be from around FORTY years ago??? :shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNhD0oS5pk
    :headbanger:

tommo76 wrote:Hi, that is a nice idea. And maybe a good choice for a first post. I just booked the cruise last week together with two friends. And I am really looking forward to it and I really hope to make some new friends on that cruise.

City/country:

Duesseldorf, Germany (Western Part, really close to the Dutch Border)

Age (optional):

Top 5 bands?

Pain of Salvation
    Savatage
    Porcupine Tree
    Subway to Sally
    Dream Theater

I've read the Twilight books :oops:

Would be nice to make some friends here.

Cool - another PoS and PT fan! They are both in my top 7 favorite bands of all time of any genre. Pain of Salvation is actually the last band on my "must-see" bucket list. (so was Rammstein but I FINALLY got to see them last month in Chicago after their nearly 10 absence from the States) Re: the Twilight books - haven't read them (but KDibildox has - we've discussed this :lol: ), but loved the movies. :oops: :lol:

Welcome to you both!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:35 am

City/country:
    Dallas

Age (optional):
    Old as my tongue, and a little older than my teeth. :death:

Aggression, Album Covers and Guitar :headbanger:

Play any instruments?
    Rhythm guitar

Top 5 bands?
    Iron Maiden
    Pantera
    The Absence
    Slayer
    Necrophagist
    :deathmetal:

What do you do?
    Listen to music, play guitar and video games, read voraciously, learn as much as possible as often as possible, circumlocute, shun the sun

What deck are you on?
    I'm sure I will visit them all. :party:

Your beard is longer, but you're taller than Scott Ian? Really? Are you sure?
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    tommo76
    Crewman

by tommo76 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:50 am

Hi Laura, thanks for the nice welcome. Glad to know that I am not the only POS and PT Fan here. :D Really love those both bands. And I wouldnt mind at all if they would play on the cruise.

Hope you gonna get a chance to see POS soon. But I think they dont come to the States so often. I saw them live last autumn. Was a really good show. Have you seen PT live then?

Ramstein live is really an experience. Saw them live once. And I got a ticket for a Rammstein show in December for my birthday. Really looking forward to it.

About the Twilight Books, when I started reading the first book, which I found in a hostel, I just wanted to know what the fuss was about. And it was better than I expected. So I ended up reading them all. :oops:

:D
    slash1962
    Crewman

by slash1962 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 am

Laura wrote:Another early 60's child here (1961) - GREAT time to be born I think :D - wouldn't trade being a pre-teen and teen in the rockin' 1970's for anything! Unbelievably fantastic decade for music. First "heavy" song I remember hearing was Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song when I was around 9 or 10 and being blown away by it. I've linked this at least a few times before - but I need to link and watch it yet again :D - how can this be from around FORTY years ago??? :shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNhD0oS5pk

Hi Laura,

thanks for the warm welcome :cheers:
    I agree, Immigrant Sond rocks. Unbelievable what power this song has. I cannot open this Youtube link because it seems there are some missing rights for Germany. Please let me know what I should have seen :shock:

BTW: Do you know Graveyard from Sweden. I saw them in a very small venue (about 100 people) and I felt like 35 years back in the past. Very, very good.

To all Swedish cruisers, please bring Graveyard to the cruise :D :D
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    2012: Deck 6 - survived
    2013: skipped because of F:M:C
    2014: Deck 3
    Wishlist 2014: Arch Enemy, Hell, RAM, Graveyard, Hardcore Superstar, Opeth, Anvil, Pentagram, Steelwing,
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:35 pm

Welcome from me, too :D

Laura wrote:[
    Re: the Twilight books - haven't read them (but KDibildox has - we've discussed this :lol: ), but loved the movies. :oops: :lol:

shhhhh :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:23 am

tommo76 wrote:Hi Laura, thanks for the nice welcome. Glad to know that I am not the only POS and PT Fan here. :D Really love those both bands. And I wouldnt mind at all if they would play on the cruise.

Hope you gonna get a chance to see POS soon. But I think they dont come to the States so often. I saw them live last autumn. Was a really good show. Have you seen PT live then?

Ramstein live is really an experience. Saw them live once. And I got a ticket for a Rammstein show in December for my birthday. Really looking forward to it.

About the Twilight Books, when I started reading the first book, which I found in a hostel, I just wanted to know what the fuss was about. And it was better than I expected. So I ended up reading them all. :oops:

:D

:cheers: I was finally going to get to see Pain of Salvation a few years ago when they were set to be on the USA Progressive Nation Tour with headliner Dream Theater and also Zappa Plays Zappa...but they ended up cancelling! :cry: Worked out ok in a way though since I got to see DT and ZPZ who I had never seen before. I don't know the music of DT too well except for a handful of albums (Awake, Metropolis, Pt. 2, and Images & Words :D ) which is kinda crazy because what I know I really like and someday I really need to hear/get all their albums! Besides that cancelled PoS tour, I think the only other times PoS was here were for some Prog type fests in the eastern part of the States. PoS is really fantastic I think - Gildenlow is such a musical genius and what an incredible voice! I hope to see them some day! Maybe I'll have to go to Europe to see them. ;) I do have the DVD/CD Be and the 4 CD/DVD Ending Themes: On the Two Deaths of Pain of Salvation which I've watched a lot, so in a way I almost feel like I've seen them live!

I could write a ton about Porcupine Tree if I had the time atm ;) - suffice it to say they are one of my very favorites for several years now, have all their albums, seen them three times, met Steven Wilson a few times (super nice) and he was actually responsible (in a way) for getting me into death metal (and subsequent other metal genres) via his work with Opeth (my very favorite).

And Rammstein? Fantastic! Several of us here on the forum saw them on the recent US tour and blathered about it here... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1324 Definitely one of the best shows I've ever been to!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:35 am

slash1962 wrote:
    Laura wrote:Another early 60's child here (1961) - GREAT time to be born I think :D - wouldn't trade being a pre-teen and teen in the rockin' 1970's for anything! Unbelievably fantastic decade for music. First "heavy" song I remember hearing was Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song when I was around 9 or 10 and being blown away by it. I've linked this at least a few times before - but I need to link and watch it yet again :D - how can this be from around FORTY years ago??? :shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNhD0oS5pk

Hi Laura,

thanks for the warm welcome :cheers:
    I agree, Immigrant Sond rocks. Unbelievable what power this song has. I cannot open this Youtube link because it seems there are some missing rights for Germany. Please let me know what I should have seen :shock:

BTW: Do you know Graveyard from Sweden. I saw them in a very small venue (about 100 people) and I felt like 35 years back in the past. Very, very good.

To all Swedish cruisers, please bring Graveyard to the cruise :D :D

Here's another link to that same video - but the quality is really crappy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm6w4J4wXf4 - it's a montage of footage from some live concert they did at some huge stadium. I'd like to find out what this is from - perhaps some LZ DVD? Anyway - it's very cool! Listened to a lot of Led Zeppelin in the 70's - my older sister and her then boyfriend (who became her husband) were/are huge LZ fans so they got me into them - amazing band to be sure - so unique/no one quite like them! I love all their albums but seem to listen to Houses of the Holy the most in recent years. Don't know Graveyard from Sweden - will have to look into - thanks. :D
    tommo76
    Crewman

by tommo76 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:54 am

KDibildox wrote:Welcome from me, too :D

Re: the Twilight books - haven't read them (but KDibildox has - we've discussed this :lol: ), but loved the movies. :oops: :lol:

Also thanks for the welcome. Seems like I started an embarrasing discussion now with my reading confession of these books. Well I hope on board of the ship we will have other things to talk about. :D
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:12 pm

Coolness of both of you just went down about 43542305968 points. I still like you girls and all, but you'll have to do some serious making up for it by sharing some headbangs and beers on the boat. :twisted: :party:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Passionfruit wrote:I must support vyathins comment about the glittering vampires

Do I lose points for liking pistol-wielding vampires in red trenchcoats with sunglasses?
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:49 pm

viathyn wrote:

Coolness of both of you just went down about 43542305968 points. I still like you girls and all, but you'll have to do some serious making up for it by sharing some headbangs and beers on the boat. :twisted: :party:

Oh come on now - Kate & me fessing up to liking the Twilight movies (and in her case the books as well) is old forum news....been mentioned in a few different threads at least - aren't u paying attention to each and every post ever made here? :lol:

I even did a Men of Twilight post on the Ladies thread a while back. :P

Re: the glittery vampire Edward - those were some of the best scenes! (after all, I did fess up to having a glitter fetish on this page somewhere ;) viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1746&start=320 ) btw - mooyagi suggested a glitter party during Stratovarius. :shock: :lol: :lol:

And one last thing - you referred to us as "girls" - can't speak for Kate, but I haven't considered myself a "girl" since I was 17. After that...all...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLGde-7m ... ata_player

Just givin' ya a little shit there. :heavydrink: :beerwink:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:51 pm

How about 'You fine lasses?'

Does that work :P

Please check out my band

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:15 pm

viathyn wrote:How about 'You fine lasses?'

Kinda sounds ok I guess....... but I just looked up the definition of "lass" and it is girl or young woman - nope, I'm neither of those but it works for Kate ;) ...who by the way I had dinner with in Chicago the night we were to go to Anathema/Blackfield last month which was cancelled last minute due to Steven Wilson's father's death. She strikes me as a very independent, lively, confident, young woman - lots of fun to be with and very smart! (she is a metallurgical engineer after all!) Sorry if this embarrasses you KD, but it's true (imo anyway)!

Over and out for now - going out for dinner.
    P.S. If that link didn't work for anyone, it's the song WOMAN by Wolfmother. ;) :cool:
    Last edited by Laura on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:18 pm

viathyn wrote:How about 'You fine lasses?'

I'll accept lass. M'lady is still preferred, though. ;)
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Laura wrote: She strikes me as a very independent, lively, confident, young woman - lots of fun to be with and very smart! (she is a metallurgical engineer after all!)

Kate thanks you for making her "creep bait". :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not too concerned about that

viathyn wrote:

This coming from a hair product junkie and power metal fan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laura wrote:Kinda sounds ok I guess....... but I just looked up the definition of "lass" and it is girl or young woman - nope, I'm neither of those but it works for Kate ;) ...who by the way I had dinner with in Chicago the night we were to go to Anathema/Blackfield last month which was cancelled last minute due to Steven Wilson's father's death. She strikes me as a very independent, lively, confident, young woman - lots of fun to be with and very smart! (she is a metallurgical engineer after all!) Sorry if this embarrasses you KD, but it's true (imo anyway)!

Thanks Laura! I think I could describe you with those same adjectives, and it was a lot of fun! we'll have to do it again :) (hopefully without a cancelled concert this time)
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:58 pm

KDibildox wrote::This coming from a hair product junkie and power metal fan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, at least power metal is still metal.

Sparkly virgin vampires take lameness to a whole new level!

Please check out my band

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:09 am

viathyn wrote:Hey, at least power metal is still metal.

And Ru Paul is technically still a "male" :roll:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:58 am

viathyn wrote:
    KDibildox wrote::This coming from a hair product junkie and power metal fan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Besides, going by Kate's logic, isn't it saying something when a "hair product junkie and power metal fan" finds something to be too lame/wussified?
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:10 am

KevinP wrote:

DON'T DEFEND TWILIGHT YOU TESTICLE-LESS BASTARD! :twisted:

Please check out my band

• sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:46 am

viathyn wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

DON'T DEFEND TWILIGHT YOU TESTICLE-LESS BASTARD! :twisted:

Don't take it took hard. We think our vampires are being taken from us, but the truth is, Dawson's Creek and Beverly Hills 90210 have simply moved on from the silver age to the dark age. I haven't been to a mall in quite some time, but I'm expecting to find vampires on the walls of the next Abercrombie and Fitch store I pass by :lol: .
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:17 pm

KevinP wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: you should write a book of quotes!
    sageoftruth wrote:
    viathyn wrote:

Besides, going by Kate's logic, isn't it saying something when a "hair product junkie and power metal fan" finds something to be too lame/wussified?

hahaha I was more commenting on him commenting on our coolness level
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:05 am

viathyn wrote:

indeed, vampires DON'T sparkle, end of story, period, exclamation mark
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:59 am

But power metal fans do? :lol:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:02 am

Well, yes. However we don't appeal to lonely women with romantic fantasies... which is either a blessing or a curse... I haven't figured out which yet.

(IN BEFORE THE "BUT YOU APPEAL TO MEN HURR HURR HURR LAWL LAWL" COMMENT)

Please check out my band

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:05 am

Damn, you beat me to it! JK.