Post Reply 3920 posts
Who are you? Introduce yourself!
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself!

by Jotunheimr » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Sickening Gore wrote:Hello! My name's Alex and this will be my wife Phylicia's and mine first cruise after been wanting to go for so long! We are very excited! :D

City/Country:
    Las Vegas, NV (I'm originally from Russia)

What first got you into metal?
    My mom! My mom was a metalhead in Russia in her teenage years. At age 11 she introduced me to Iron Maiden and it all started from there.

Play any instruments?
    None

Top 5 bands?
    1. Sodom (Finally get to see them!)
    2. Asphyx
    3. Benediction
    4. Nocturnal Breed
    5. Demolition Hammer

What do you do?
    US Air Force enlisted.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Besides going to shows all the time, I love gaming, horror movies, and outdoor activities (even though Vegas is very limited to that kinda stuff)

What deck are you on?

Very excited to meet everyone on the boat and the pre-fest party!!

More Vegas people! Welcome :bangers:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    tvrdkvlt
    Oiler

by tvrdkvlt » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:11 pm

City/country:
    Montreal, Canada.

My mom's Deicide tapes!

Play any instruments?
    Forced to play saxophone in high school, does that count?

Top 5 bands (for the moment anyways)?
    Cult of Fire
    Taake
    Lifelover
    Hexvessel
    Kvelertak

What do you do?
    Coordinator at Ubisoft Montreal's User Research Lab. I run around a lot, much like a chicken with no head.

What deck are you on?

Shows, movies, gaming, eating poutine.

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I ain't telling you but it has nothing to do with Rihanna and whipped cream.
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:22 am

tvrdkvlt wrote:What first got you into metal?
    My mom's Deicide tapes!

Welcome to the forum, good to see more newcomer Canadians!! This might be the best answer I have ever seen :D

It is inifinitely cooler than anything I could ever come up with......things like.....".....um I think I heard Enter Sandman on the radio one time" or "I saw the video for Cherry Pie on MuchMusic one time and was hooked instantly"...my mom had Alabama and Conway Twitty tapes.... :beerbang: ....so unfortantely my only exposure to metal for the first decade or two was what I could get on the radio...I didn't stumble upon and develop an appreciation and love for the more extreme forms of metal until I was in my 30s.

As a fellow lover of poutine I don't know how it is possible to live in Montreal and not be 400 lbs....I fucking love that city :beerwink:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • hub66
    Wiper

by hub66 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:31 am

City/country:
    Martigny (Switzerland)

Age (optional):

I used to listen to hard rock when I was 14-24 years old (AC/DC, Kiss, Def Leppard, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Y Malmsteen...), then no more hard rock nor metal :shock: till 12 years ago when I heared Nightwish on swiss tv ... and since then I listen 99% of my time to metal :headbanger:

Play any instruments?
    No

Top 10 bands?
    Nightwish
    Epica
    Therion
    Kamelot
    Amorphis
    Wuthering Heights
    Symphony X
    Sabaton
    Rammstein
    Dalriada

Play tennis, make photos (macro) ... and listen to metal

What deck are you on?
    2016 survivor
    2019 survivor
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:36 pm

tvrdkvlt wrote:City/country:
    Montreal, Canada.

My mom's Deicide tapes!

Play any instruments?
    Forced to play saxophone in high school, does that count?

Top 5 bands (for the moment anyways)?
    Cult of Fire
    Taake
    Lifelover
    Hexvessel
    Kvelertak

What do you do?
    Coordinator at Ubisoft Montreal's User Research Lab. I run around a lot, much like a chicken with no head.

What deck are you on?

Shows, movies, gaming, eating poutine.

What's a creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I ain't telling you but it has nothing to do with Rihanna and whipped cream.

Hi from Montreal ! (well, Laval but whatever)

You have the greatest mom ever
    I work in IT too, like almost 50% of us here. Are you working at the studio on St-Laurent ? It's 15 minutes walking distance to my work place. I heard from people working there that doing way too much overtime is just normal there...
    Are you going to HeavyMTL ?

ps: +1000 for the mighty poutine ! Best meal, after bacon of course.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:10 am

welcome all the n00bs... but WTF to the guy who calls Whitesnake redneck rock but loves Pantera...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    tvrdkvlt
    Oiler

by tvrdkvlt » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:10 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:
    tvrdkvlt wrote:What first got you into metal?
    My mom's Deicide tapes!

As a fellow lover of poutine I don't know how it is possible to live in Montreal and not be 400 lbs....I fucking love that city :beerwink:

What makes you think that's not what I weight? :cry: lol
    tvrdkvlt
    Oiler

by tvrdkvlt » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:16 am

MikeB wrote:
    Hi from Montreal ! (well, Laval but whatever)

You have the greatest mom ever
    I work in IT too, like almost 50% of us here. Are you working at the studio on St-Laurent ? It's 15 minutes walking distance to my work place. I heard from people working there that doing way too much overtime is just normal there...
    Are you going to HeavyMTL ?

ps: +1000 for the mighty poutine ! Best meal, after bacon of course.

B'jour lavalois!

Yep! right on St-Lo :)
    there definitely is a lot of overtime for peeps working on prod but thankfully i'm spared from that here!
    I think *almost* everyone is ok with a bit of O.T considering how well we are treated here..,gym, daycare, awesome medical insurances (sorry U.S.A) and don't even get me started on the parties we get.
    Going to heavy MTL on Saturday to see the might Abbath. Pretty excited I ain't gonna lie!
  • kristina
    Oiler

by kristina » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:55 pm

City/country:
    Vancouver, Canada

Age (optional):

grew up with my dad listening to motley Crüe, black sabbath.

Play any instruments
    No but I'd love to learn

Top 5 bands?
    Puscifer
    Slipknot
    Pantera
    TrollFesT
    Drowning Pool

What do you do?
    Auto Parts warehouse

What deck are you on?
    deck 6!!
    2018-
    Enslaved- Goatwhore- Alestorm- Korpiklaani-

Survivor
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:28 am

[quote="kristina"]What do you do?
    Auto Parts warehouse

Finally someone with a real job! Not IT :lol:

Thanks for the 4 messages..hope you got your booking straightend out :lol:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:05 am

Heeeey, what's wrong with IT? :p
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:15 am

Go IT!! Business Intelligence Consultant here.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:52 am

IT= Incompetent Twits.

:P

"Seemless Transistioin" Oxymoron.

I like cars.....

:beerbang:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:06 am

I do likes cars ! I built me a 10 second street car, and I have lot of fun at the track with it.

But I also work in IT :bangers:
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Loki-motive
    Oiler

by Loki-motive » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:11 am

Hi :) This will be mine and my bf's first cruise - safe to say we are pretty excited =D

City/country:
    Tasmania, Australia.Like the Tasmanian Devil

Age (optional):
    28 (both of us)

I always really loved music - I was super into Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Alanis Morissette when I was a kid, then I moved on to spice girls... I made the jump directly from spice girls to Korn and then Slipknot after I saw Korn on a morning music program one weekend and thus began the journey into the metal...
    The other half was a huge AC/DC fan as a kid and got introduced directly to Metallica around the same time I was discovering nu metal :lol:

Play any instruments?
    I have ocassionally fumbled around on bass, but never actually practice so have been sitting solidly on 'early beginner' for about 7 years - so, no.
    The other half plays guitar and has a couple bands going on - you can check one of them out here if you're interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5Ly9qKIzU

Top 5 bands?
    Thats not an easy question!
    Gamma Ray is top for both of us...
    then Nightwish, Epica, Skyclad, Son of Aurelius just based on what ive been listening to lately - top 5 is too hard.
    his would be Rage, Morgana Lefay, Annhiliator (older) and Sabbat

What do you do?
    I am a Medical Scientist, he is an automotive refinisher

I play Roller Derby - thats pretty much my spare time done. I do enjoy a good video game, otherwise I'm watching cartoons or Doctor Who. Between work and derby I don't have time for much else!

What deck are you on?

The circle must be broken
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:55 am

Don't think I've done one of these yet! This will be my wife and I's first cruise and we are both super excited. Can't wait for February!!!!

City/country:
    small town Ontario, Canada...commute to the big city of Hamilton to make a living.

Age (optional):

My older cousin was a big metal fan. Got me into bands like Megadeth, Anthrax, Metallica and Iron Maiden back in the late 80s. Internet didn't exist back then so I relied on the radio to introduce me to music....hello hair metal. I followed the herd into the grunge and alt-rock movement in the 90's and won't tell you what I listened to in high school. Nu-metal was next and then I actually got so fed up with music that I stopped listening for a couple of years until opening up my mind and ears and giving other metal genres a chance. The internet is a wonderful thing and soon I was finding more amazing bands than I could possibly dream of. My taste in metal has continued to get darker and more and more extreme as the last 6 or 7 years have gone by. Aren't we supposed to mellow out as we get older???? :deathhorns:

Play any instruments?
    Nope..have tried to pick up the guitar a couple of times but just don't have the time or drive/motivation.

Top 5 bands?
    Really hard to choose just five and they are always constantly changing.
    Iron Maiden (Legends...they will always be top five for me)
    Amon Amarth (My gateway band into Death, love everything they put out....amazing live)
    Eluveitie (IMO the perfect blend of folk and melo-death)
    Kvelertak (So much fucking energy, I just can't get tired of these guys)
    Opeth (Another gateway band into the harsher side of metal, will always be a fave)

What do you do?
    I work in the Metallurgy :headbanger: department of a large steel mill. Work in the test labs.....basically I rip apart steel for a living :deathhorns: My job sounds way more "METAL!!!" than all you IT weenies! :lol: jk I'm a computer nerd at heart too.

Listen to metal....duh. I also started home-brewing last year and have about a dozen batches under my belt now. Have really been impressed by my last couple batches (A really sweet tasting and dry Saison, and a hopped to high heavens Citra IPA). I'm also an avid veggie gardener. My basement looks like a grow-op in the late winter with all of the heirloom pepper and tomato seedlings under makeshift fluorescent light fixtures. Started growing hops last year as well....They are spreading nicely and starting to produce cones this year (see profie pic :beerwink: )

What deck are you on?
    Deck #9

My first concert ever was fucking Puff Daddy......got damn it high school was just a depressing bag of shit.......Really wish I would have known about Opeth, Bolt Thrower and Dismember back then....and wasn't so worried about "fitting in".
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:05 am

City/country:
    Tasmania, Australia.

Whereabouts in Tas are you?
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
    Loki-motive
    Oiler

by Loki-motive » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:43 am

liser wrote:City/country:
    Tasmania, Australia.

Whereabouts in Tas are you?

North West - are you from round here?
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:14 pm

North West - are you from round here?

My mum lives there. I grew up around Glen Huon and Hobart.
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
    Loki-motive
    Oiler

by Loki-motive » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:51 pm

liser wrote:North West - are you from round here?

My mum lives there. I grew up around Glen Huon and Hobart.

Haha freaking small world. Chances are I know someone who knows them :roll:
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:42 pm

City/country:
    Ohio USA

A friend bought a Christan metal cassette of a group called Saint (Too Late for Living). Later that summer we went to a christian metal festival and I heard Deliverance, Vengeance Rising, Sacred Warrior, Barren Cross and several others.
    Started listening to the heavier stuff like Crucified, Living Sacrifice, Mortification and Believer.
    From there I found Bolt Thrower, Entombed and Cannibal Corpse. And on and on...Now I listen to most types of metal
    but prefer death, thrash and sludge/stoner metal to the rest.

Play any instruments?
    Not at all - but once I've had a few beers I will tell you that I can play the drums..

Top 5 bands?
    This list is always changing -
    High on Fire, Acid Bath, Cannibal Corpse, Skeletonwitch and Gojira.
    Honorable mentions - Bolt Thrower, Dying Fetus, Slayer, Despised icon

What do you do?
    IT

Travel, brew, photography and hike. Been on several cruises all over the place but this will be my first metal cruise.

What deck are you on?
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:04 am

Bumping this thread back to the first page seeing how there's quite a few new people on these here broads. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Who are you?

by Memnoch » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:08 am

And I'll update my own answers yet again.

City/country:
    Helsinki, Finland

Age (optional):
    39 (40th birthday a week before we set sail)

Iron Maiden way back in the early 80's. Got Killers as a birthday gift.

Play any instruments?
    Nope.

Top 5 bands?
    Delain, Hail of Bullets, Primordial, The Cardigans, Cut Up

What do you do?
    Product manager for a HVAC fitting manufacturer

What deck are you on?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:28 am

Good idea to do it again, if I ever did.

City/country:
    Near Bayreuth, Germany

Age (optional):

Iron Maiden with "Can I play with madness". First bought the single and after that the hole CD "Seventh son of a seventh son"

Play any instruments?
    No

Top 5 bands?
    It's hard to answer, cause it changes from time to time. If I look at my last.fm account over all time, they are Anathema, My Dying Bride, Megadeth, Subway to Sally, End of Green.

At the moment I would say my top-bands are:
    Undertow
    Orphaned Land
    Subway to Sally
    Alcest
    My Dying Bride

What do you do?
    Accountant

What deck are you on?
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    mamadracula
    Wiper

by mamadracula » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Hi hi! I posted somewhere else to say hello but someone told me to come on over here.

I was on the boat last year and going again in 2016 and it would be awesome to see some familar faces!

I'm Heather, from New Jersey and so ready for February to get here. Less then 100 days people!

:death:
    Panteonero
    Oiler

by Panteonero » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:00 pm

City/country:
    Alajuela, Costa Rica.

Age (optional):
    27, I look much older.

There was a music video show broadcast on a local TV channel that I always watched when I got home from school. They played mostly classic rock staff such as Jim Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and so on. But one they the guys at the TV station said "Fuck it!, we will play the whole goddamned Iron Maiden's Raising Hell concert". There was no turning back. I got doomed!

Play any instruments?
    Nope. Not even guitar hero.

Top 5 bands?
    Saxon. 21 Records and they still sound more metal than anything else. The most amazing metal band on this Galaxy.
    Hypocrisy.
    Unleashed. Amon Amarth would love to sound half these guys do :D :lol:
    Overkill.
    Accept.

What do you do?
    IT Crowd.

Listen to my records while reading a good book. Watching fucked up movies (I mean real films, not Gore). Brewing beer and drinking crafted brewed beer. I have 3 dogs (Cosme, Mambo and Rocco), they are great. And of course going to concerts. I am the kind of guy who likes to headbang and mosh to songs until my carcass hit the ground.

What deck are you on?
    I survived the 2015 boat, not going to the next one, definitely returning on 2017.

You should not have used that watch your uncle gave you before he died.

Nice to meet you guys :cheers:
    Survivor 2015
    Attending on 2017.
    Steph
    Wiper

by Steph » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:22 am

Looking forward to sailing for the first time in 2016! Nothing like escaping the cold dreary winter here for a week :)

City/country:
    I'm an American living in Norway

Age (optional):

My parents were listening to Zepplin and Sabbath and stuff when I was little and I grew up on MTV Rocks and Headbangers Ball. So lots of 80's glam, heavy metal and the like. Then it was just a natural progression to the heavier Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer which evolved into a love of death and black metal later on. I love it all.

Play any instruments?
    Nope, just singing along and playing air guitar

Top 5 bands?
    Thats a hard one since it varies constantly. Right now...
    Saxon
    Judas Priest
    Inquisition
    Ozzy
    All the great 90's death metal ala Malevolent Creation, Morbid Angel and so on

What do you do?
    I work in a kindergarten

What deck are you on?

Call me a crazy pug lady
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:19 pm

City/country:
    Virginia beach ,Virginia/USA

Age (optional):

heard Venom song Buried Alive in high school ,and I was hooked

Play any instruments
    Bass guitar

Top 5 bands?
    Soilwork
    Scar Symmetry
    Mercenary
    Soulution .45
    Amorphis

What do you do?
    Heathcare

beach Bum

What deck are you on?
    soilwork ,scar symmetry ,solution .45,dream evil, overkill, accept, venom inc,
    TheAgeOfMetal
    Wiper

by TheAgeOfMetal » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:50 pm

City/country:
    Tempe, AZ United States
    Bogota, Colombia

Age (optional):

A CD that a metalhead boyfriend of my aunt gave me when I was 8 years old, it was Iron Maiden by Iron Maiden, since then I have dedicated my life to metal :shred:

Play any instruments?
    Drums, for over 5 years, but I am retired now.

Top 5 bands?

Iron Maiden
    Nightwish
    Therion
    Delain
    Avantasia

What do you do?

I do social media for the city college, I have my own metal website. I write reviews, do interviews, photograph and review live shows

What deck are you on?
    G

I used to like Roxette, still would like to see them live someday.
    MrCaptainMetal
    Oiler

by MrCaptainMetal » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:17 am

Hello all! I'm very excited to be coming on the cruise for the first time in 2016!!

City/Country
    West Palm Beach, Florida

When I was about 7 or 8 my older cousin got tired of me listening to Puff Daddy. So she sat me down, and I binged out some Sabbath, White Zombie and Metallica. Been pretty much addicted to metal ever since.

Play any instruments?
    Vocals, guitar...I kind of suck at guitar now since breaking my finger in June.

Top 5 Bands
    They are always changing, but lately...
    Carcass
    Graveyard
    Iced Earth
    Opeth
    Iron Maiden

What do you do?
    Remote TV Broadcasting, currently trying to get my own metal radio show :shred:

Go to concerts, kayaking, bike riding, party :beerbang: :smoking:

What deck are you on?
    I currently have no idea.

You can say "Are you that leprechaun I met on St. Patricks Day?"
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:58 am

Hello everyone. Robert here, speaking on behalf of myself and my girlfriend Diane. This is our first cruise and we are beyond excited for this trip. I myself am finally glad to join this great online community as I have been lurking the boards for quite some time now trying to get a better understanding of what's in store come February, but never joined due to not booking. Fun fact, we booked a couple hours before the last round of announcements started. It was meant to be!

City/Country:
    Los Angeles, CA USA

What first got you into metal
    Well I can't speak on her behalf here but for me it was probably a combination of when I saw KISS live in 2003, getting certain extreme sports video games with rad soundtracks, and pro wrestling had something to do with it.

Play any instruments?
    I play guitar and she is going to start learning too come next month.

Top 5 Bands
    Mine:
    Vektor
    Iron Maiden
    Rush
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Rammstein

Hers:
    Dio
    King Diamond/Merciful Fate
    Venom
    Iron Maiden
    Triumph

What do you do
    I work setting up and tearing down trade shows and private events and she's a student attending a Cal State University and working par time selling fashion accessories.

What deck are you on

Whats one creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    Well that's a strange question but I guess you can call me by my nickname, Turtle.

We can't wait to meet you all, and watch some killer bands!
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
  • J.m.Andersson
    Oiler

by J.m.Andersson » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:09 am

Martin from sweden.
    twentyeleven years old.
    2nd time going on the Cruise, 2015 was soawesome i had to go again :deathhorns:

what got me into metal... ive Always been a maiden fan but o remember, i was around 12 and a friend wanted to introduce me to this awesome rapper (her Words) x-zibbit.
    I hated it so much i Went and bought a cannibal corpse album, been stuck since.

i try to play guitar and sometimes ive tried singing... but practice makes perfect i guess :trashdrink:

like last Cruise im going with my brother and this time he will be having his 40th birtday while onboard so im gonna get him wasted!

where sad to seethat LoG where on tour during the Cruise but saw them playing in L.A the week after so im gonna continue the party on the other coast after the Cruise :headbanger:
  • kalmahhh
    Wiper

by kalmahhh » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:33 am

First time 70ker here, names Antonio... #2558

City/Location: NYC

What do I do: Ima programmer

What first got you into metal: Loved it for as long as I can remember, classically trained pianist and really got into neo-classical stuff before I even hit double digits

Playing guitar, piano/keyboard all my life

Top5 bands:
    W.A.S.P.
    Kalmah
    Iced Earth
    Dark Tranquility
    Children of Bodom
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Hello everyone! This is my first time on the 70000 tons of metal cruise! I have been wanting to go since 2011, and now finally I get to go! So, I figured I might as well introduce myself...

City/country:
    Saskatoon, Canada.

Age (optional):

In high school I had a friend who was a metalhead. He showed me "Nemesis" by Arch Enemy. I told him that I did not like the man's growling and he told me that the growl is by a female. I could not believe him so I listened to the song so much that it really grew on me. I came to love not only Arch Enemy but a lot of other metal as well.

Play any instruments?
    Used to play piano, but that was not my choice so it did not last very long.

Top 5 bands?
    I have 6 favourite bands...the consistent top 3 are: The 69 Eyes, Amon Amarth, and Agalloch
    My current other 3 favourite bands are: Moonspell, Mastodon, and Swallow the Sun

What do you do?
    I am a student.

What deck are you on?
    Deck 6

I know you still like some Savage Garden songs.

See you all soon!

:viking:
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:27 am

First time on the cruise, I first heard about the cruise in 2010 when Iced Earth were anounced to partake. It's been a dream ever since, and now that Iced Earth are back this year I couldn't miss the opportunity

I'm from NB Canada, 33 years of age

My favourite bands are Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Primus and Black Sabbath

Favourite bands on the cruise are Iced Earth, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Cradle of Filth, Krisiun, Sodom and Rotting Christ, I would add Aura Noir and Samael, although, I'm still discovering them.

Bands that I discovered that kicks ass. Ancient Rites, Holy Moses and Tsudjer

What got me into metal. When I was 4 years old, my cousin from Quebec brought Def Leppard Hysteria, I loved the fast rythm and high energy right away. I later got into Guns N Roses, Metallica, Iron Maiden and so on...

Anyway, can't wait for the cruise, see you on the boat! :beerbang:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:40 pm

IcedInferno wrote:
    Bands that I discovered that kicks ass. Ancient Rites, Holy Moses and Tsudjer

This is a question we should totally add to the thing!

Welcome to 70k! Ancient Rites is a new discovery for me too, love them!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:52 pm

I'll do a new one anyways since it's been over a year and there's lots of noobs! NEW QUESTION ADDED

City/Country:
    Vancouver, BC

Was into Metallica, Maiden, etc from around 15, but seeing Sonata Arctica in 2009 is what made me commit my life to the glory of metal.

Play any instruments?
    Play guitar in Apprentice (shameless plug :mrgreen: link in sig)

Top 5 Bands
    Iron Maiden
    Symphony X
    Joe Satriani
    Dark Tranquillity
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Allegaeon
    Revocation

...picking 5 is hard

What do you do
    Currently a plastic fabricator, guitar teacher, getting into show promotion

What deck are you on
    I forget

What bands have you discovered through 70k?
    Ancient Rites, Cripper, Izegrim, Seita, Forbidden

Whats one creepy thing I can say when I see you that no stranger should know and will weird you out that I do?
    I'm hard to weird out, just try.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:18 am

OK, here we go again after a couple of years:

City/Country:
    Barcelona, Spain

A couple of friends of mine, like 13 years ago, who started showing me "easy" stuff to listen, such as Rhapsody, Nightwish, Edguy or Within Temptation.

Play any instruments?
    Unfortunately no.

Top 5 Bands
    I have a top 3 and then lots of candidates for the other two spots:
    Avantasia
    Symphony X
    Insomnium
    ... and for the other two...
    Children of Bodom
    Dream Theater

(Ruling out bands such as Omnium Gatherum, Threshold, Amorphis...)

What do you do
    Business Intelligence Manager.

What deck are you on

Many! Threshold, Ancient Rites, Keep of Kalessin, Death Angel, Heathen, Overkill, Annihilator... yeah I was not into thrash before.

Can't really tell. Just try random stuff :D
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:28 pm

Welcome all the newbies! Doing mine again because can.

City/Country:
    Las Vegas, NV

Listened to Pantera, Metallica, Maiden records whenever I went to my friend's house. From there we listened to Dimmu Borgir, Bathory, Summoning, and eventually folk metal.

Play any instruments?
    Guitar, piano, drums, bass

Top bands?
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra
    Savatage
    Wintersun
    Haggard
    Ensiferum
    Turisas
    Tyr
    Heidevolk
    Kampfar
    Testament
    Toxic Holocaust
    Yngwie Malmsteen

What do you do
    Web developer, math instructor

What deck are you on

Carach Angren, Jag Panzer, Divided Multitude

I know what you did last night
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    Doomicus
    Wiper

by Doomicus » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:22 pm

One noobie here. Travelling alone so looking forward to meet nice people to hangout with.

City/Country:
    Lohja, Finland

As a kid i was into Kiss, Iron Maiden, Wasp and such. It was more about those guys looking real cool than the music (though those bands have killer songs too).
    About '88 me and my few friends somehow discovered Slayer and soon Carcass, Napalm Death and then the mighty swedes Entombed and Carnage/Dismember and the Florida DM/Morrisound scene. We spotted new music from Metal Hammer and Kerrang mags and Metalliliitto radio show.

Top 5 bands?

1. Deströyer 666. Unchain the Wolves is THE perfect metal album. Right amount of aggression, melody, overall feeling and great songs.
    2. Slayer. My top band of all time but i'm mostly into first five albums.
    3. Electric Wizard.
    4...Can't do it, too difficult.. Kyuss, Sepultura, Black Flag, Bolt Thrower, Darkthrone, St. Vitus, Skitsystem, Nasum, Crowbar, Melvins, Gospel of the Horns and lots of not so metal bands too.

What do you do?
    Bottling supervisor at a beverage plant :heavydrink:

What deck are you on?

Since it's my first time i haven't really found anything yet. Maybe Vallenfyre fits here.
    I'm really not into symphonic and melodic and not that much into folk or viking metal. So my mission for this event could be discovering something i like of those genres.

Besides metal?
    I'm into betting and following sports (NHL, English Premier League, Finnish Liiga).
    I also do a bit of sports myself (floorball and soccer) and like to walk in the woods.
    Recently started to explore rums and cigars.

I went to Stockholm, Sweden just to see a One Direction show..
  • Post Reply 3920 posts