Locked 64 posts
Best Performance? Worst Performance?
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

Best Performance? Worst Performance?

by Ecliptica » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:27 pm

My cabinmate and I were discussing this on the way back and we came to the consensus that Tyr's performance in the Spectrum was, hands down, the best performance on the cruise.
    I was a BIG fan of the Spectrum. The Chorus Line just didn't do it for me to be quite honest. I didn't see anything in there that really wow'ed me the way the pool deck made everything surreal and the Spectrum made everything so intimate.

I wasn't a huge fan of Moonspell either before the cruise (only have the 'Darkness and Hope' album), but I think their second performance on the pool deck was a solid #2 for me -- ahead of my favorite bands Ensiferum and Sonata Arctica. If the guy from Chile - Fernando - posts here, I want to just say you are awesome. I was watching that set up behind the band with some of the guys from Blackguard and they wished they had a fan as dedicated as you. It looked like you were having a religious experience there. I just hope you finally took off the Chilean flag you were wearing as a cape for five days straight. The only person who possibly challenges you for "biggest fan" was the 14-year-old girl in the front for Amon Amarth later that night. She sang along with every word and had waaaaaaay too much energy for 12:30 AM on the last day.

The only really "bad" performance I saw was Witchburner's first set. There were THREE people there that stayed the entire show and it just sounded awful. The drums were either crazy out of tune, or that's how they normally play. I actually enjoy some of their recorded stuff ('Blood of Witches' is a fantastic song) but they were so boring live and the sound didn't help at all. At least they were friendly after the show. Unleashed wasn't super great either, but at least they have a decent excuse.

Unfortunately, I didn't see a single set of Testament, Exodus, Sodom, Raven, or Saxon. I hear they were pretty great though. Anyone have any videos from there?
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: Best Performance? Worst Performance?

by Stained Class » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Theres a video on the photo album group with the wall of death at exodus. The worst performance was definitely dusk machine, I was bored to tears. Best performance is a really hard call because it was all so good. I would say its a tie between Sabaton, Dark Tranquillity, Sanctuary, Testament and Iced Earth (for the sets I saw anyways)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    asmegin
    Midshipman

by asmegin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Stained Class wrote:Theres a video on the photo album group with the wall of death at exodus. The worst performance was definitely dusk machine, I was bored to tears. Best performance is a really hard call because it was all so good. I would say its a tie between Sabaton, Dark Tranquillity, Sanctuary, Testament and Iced Earth (for the sets I saw anyways)

Exodus wall of death http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ial5q0H65Gs

I enjoyed Dusk Machine's first set at 10:45 in the fucking morning. They had a few good songs and are solid. I especially enjoyed watching the drummer.

As far as best performance? It was my first time seeing Iced Earth with Matt Barlow and can't fucking believe how incredible his performance is.
    Cabin # 6072
    My band: www.myspace.com/colorofaum
  • PxDnNinja
    Petty Officer

by PxDnNinja » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Uli was good on the pool deck, but the audio balance was bad, you couldn't hear their vocals at all.

Best though would be a toss up between Korpiklaani on pool deck, or Sabaton on that same stage.
    2011: SURVIVED
    2012: SURVIVED
    2013: SURVIVED
    2014: Waiting to Book
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:15 pm

PxDnNinja wrote:Uli was good on the pool deck, but the audio balance was bad, you couldn't hear their vocals at all.

I could hear the vocals fine, may have depended on where you were standing, I was closer to the singer guy.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Demonican
    Wiper

by Demonican » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:54 pm

That Tyr consert was indeed incredible, I even got them to play Sinklars Visa at the end, and got one of the drumsticks delivered personally! But in my opinion Sabaton's first concert was the best, so much energy in that performance!
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:27 pm

I love Tyr, and found both shows to be simply underwhelming. Their bassist's attempt at harmonizing vocals was always off, and at their Spectrum show one of the guitars was just imperfectly tuned enough to be annoyingly noticeable during harmonies.
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Best,
    Blind Guardian's second set (most epic gig I've ever seen)
    Both Rage gigs
    Outdoor Sabaton gig
    outdoor Iced Earth
    AGENT FUCKING STEEL OUTDOOR!
    Saxon goes without saying (first in partcular)

I didn't see a single bad gig, but:
    Terrible sound during first sonata set
    Weather issues during outdoor gamma ray (they had a rough time)
    Dusk machine was one of the least entertaining sets on the boat
    Fintroll's stupid drunk guitarist.
    Ensiferum playing too much new shit (nitpicking)

Tyr's Spectrum set was fucking awesome, but I didn't fully get into it until they played DREAMS!
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:44 pm

Yeah, they didn't even get the guitar through the PA in that first Sonata set for at least 3 songs. Was kinda weird hearing the bass-drum versions of each song.
    Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Amon Amarth's outdoor show was great. It got cold that night right on time for the show.
    "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever!"
    -Dan Daly USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood, France 1918

Cabin 6517- Who are my cabinmates?
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:01 am

Die for Dethklok wrote:Amon Amarth's outdoor show was great. It got cold that night right on time for the show.

Not to mention the fog swirling through the stage lights like a vortex. AA are pretty much the real life Dethklok.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:45 am

I was absolutely blown away by both Blind Guardian and Iced Earth. Those four shows alone were worth the price of the cruise. I think Guardian's second show and Iced Earth's first show were the best for me and I cannot pick a winner out of the two.

Without a doubt the worst was Finntroll's outdoor show. Their guitarist was awful. I will at least get to see them next week and I'm sure it will be much better.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • raiderdeath442
    Crewman

by raiderdeath442 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:24 am

Favorites
    TYR-pool
    Gamma Ray-pool
    Moonspell-pool
    Sonata Arctica-Chorus line
    Saxon-2nd show
    Swashbuckle-10am pool
    Guardian-2nd show
    Exodus-both
    Forbidden-pool
    Disapointed
    Epica-both
    We survived 2011 #5594
    Can we do it for 2012 #4091
    2013--?
    2012 MOST WANTED Flotsam and Jetsam, Hammerfall,Helloween,Overkill,Dark Moor,Yngwie Malmsteen,TYR, Pathfinder,UFO,Warrior,Dethkklok,Symphony X,Edguy,Armored Saint.
    Adam Blaze
    Oiler

by Adam Blaze » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:07 am

Favs:
    Iced Earth - Theatre : Amazing Set List and it was also my first time seeing the band with Barlow. He was EPIC!

Nevermore - Spectrum Lounge: I was PISSED they scheduled this show during Amon Amarth's 2nd show on the pool deck, but being a huge Nevermore fan I couldn't miss it and I'm glad I didn't. Where else am I going to see one of my fav bands play in a venue that small and intimate? Never!

Blind Guardian - 2nd Theatre show: Amazing performance and an awesome crowd. Seeing Kai Hansen sing Valhalla and drunk Schaffer stumble on stage twice was definitely an added bonus :D.

Dark Tranquillity - Pool Deck: Despite Stanne's mic not working for most of the first song, it was an awesome show.

Least Favs:

Finntroll - Pool Deck: Their guitar player got too drunk and forgot how to play. Funny to watch, but the sound was terrible.
    2012 - Cabin 2539
    2011 - Cabin 3019
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:23 am

raiderdeath442 wrote:Disapointed
    Epica-both

i too was very disappointed with Epica (heard CD, never seen live). I walked out after 2 songs when they were inside. not my thing, sounded kinda thin and not very Epic(a). LOL. Was also quite disappointed in Fear Factory. Burton C Bell was SOOOO off key. he is a rockstar and can afford some nice in-ear monitors so his pitch isn't so terrible. COME ON.

Now on to the positive, and my list is like NO ONE's so far, but i'm a nut:

Voivod - both
    Agent Steel - both
    Rage - both
    Sodom - both
    Sanctuary - both
    Forbidden - pool
    Moonspell - inside
    Testament - inside last day
    Nevermore - pool first day

Everything i saw on TUESDAY RULED. BEST DAY of metal shows in my life.
    honorable mention - Raven on day 2 at 4 in the morning - those dudes were having a BLAST. fun times.
    Last edited by WizardBeast on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:27 am

raiderdeath442 wrote:Disapointed
    Epica-both

AGREE!!! They are usually best live than in studio, but I guess Oliver Palotai (from Kamelot, was replacing Coen since he'll be a dad soon) was too distracted by her fiancee Simone, or just didn't have enough time to practice the songs, 'cause he fucked up at least 3 songs. I could see Simone getting irritated by the 2nd song he ruined. Mark also had to leave the stage a couple of times because of that. Isaac, Yves and Arien did great, though. It was funny that nobody could find Arien, the drummer, for the meet and greet. He was waaaay too drunk, but you could see he was having a blast. Came running to the Boleros Lounge right in the middle of the meet and greet XDDD
    Oh, and btw, Seif at Din?? Seriously??? Couldn't you have picked a more boring song?? I was expecting more from them.

Amon Amarth was great, on the other hand. Both in the Chorus Line and in the Pool Deck. The energy from the fans was awesome in the indoors show, while the smoke in the outdoors show made it look epic. And they played Victorius March!!! My favourite!!!

I didn't really notice something bad with Finntroll's guitarist. But they weren't that good in the Pooldeck anyway.They did better in the Chorus Line, but you could tell people was fucking tired and the band didn't get much energy from fans =/
    nikki1077
    Oiler

by nikki1077 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:47 am

My absolute fave was Amon Amarth. Both sets were awesome! Also up there for me was Korpiklaani. They just looked like they were having so much fun up there. I loved Tyr's sets too. I must say that was the first ever impromptu encore I've ever seen at the end of their Spectrum set. That was amazing!!! I also enjoyed both of the Sabaton sets, especially the pool deck. I have to agree that I was not impressed at all by Epica. For the most part though, I enjoyed everything that I saw.
    ejd715
    Petty Officer

by ejd715 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:59 pm

I have to say im a bit biased but the main band i wanted to see was Sanctuary and they delivered both days. I cant believe that Warrel can hit the high note shit-i was pleasantly suprised.

some of you may have seen me going apeshit in the pool during their morning show on Thursday. I got badly sunburned from it but it was all good

other notible performances:
    Dark Tranquility (2nd)
    Arsis (both)
    Nevermore (both but i think the 2nd was perfect)
    testament (both)
    Exodus(both)
    Cripper (outside-i was pretty impressed)

disapointments:
    Trouble-great musically but Corey cant do it
    Fear Factory-yea people are right-Burton sounded awful
    Forbidden (2nd-i herd Infinite and left-Russ was not having it that night)
    2011-#3500 (barely survived!)
    2012-#4025 (piece of cake!)
    Barge To Hell
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:21 pm

ejd715 wrote:I have to say im a bit biased but the main band i wanted to see was Sanctuary and they delivered both days. I cant believe that Warrel can hit the high note shit-i was pleasantly suprised.

some of you may have seen me going apeshit in the pool during their morning show on Thursday. I got badly sunburned from it but it was all good

other notible performances:
    Dark Tranquility (2nd)
    Arsis (both)
    Nevermore (both but i think the 2nd was perfect)
    testament (both)
    Exodus(both)
    Cripper (outside-i was pretty impressed)

disapointments:
    Trouble-great musically but Corey cant do it
    Fear Factory-yea people are right-Burton sounded awful
    Forbidden (2nd-i herd Infinite and left-Russ was not having it that night)

i was so bummed to have missed Arsis. i couldn't get up for either set! damn! i heard they ruled. also yeah Forbidden was better on Tuesday! their new stuff is pretty righteous. and yeah you were burned! don't forget the lotion/aloe! LOL

FELLOW GEOGRAPHERS UNITE
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Best:

Uli, Death Angel, Testament, Obituary, Agent Steel & Sodom all outside, Saxon both sets and Raven on the big indoor stage. Loved both Trouble sets but they had tech issues, set lists almost identical both shows and Kory just isn't the right guy in my opinion. Best dual lead guitar harmony tone in the business though. If I had to choose one guitar God, Bruce Franklin would be it. Sanctuary, Nevermore and Forbidden were all great too.

No worsts to offer
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:41 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Best:...No worsts to offer

Well, you obviously didn't see Sonata's 2nd set. Total train wreck.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Disaster Area wrote:

LOL Nick saw it while i was napping and said the same!
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:48 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

LOL Nick saw it while i was napping and said the same!

I seriously want that hour of my life back. I wasn't that impressed with their pool set either. (this coming from the "power metal guy") :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    I seriously want that hour of my life back. I wasn't that impressed with their pool set either. (this coming from the "power metal guy") :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm glad i was nappin' then. at any rate, at least you had fun at Obituary's set and made up for it...
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:21 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

i'm glad i was nappin' then. at any rate, at least you had fun at Obituary's set and made up for it...

Damn right, now Kev feels obligated to spam my wall with an Obituary link-a-minute :lol:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

Damn right, now Kev feels obligated to spam my wall with an Obituary link-a-minute :lol:

he's hilarious, we'll have some fun times at MD deathfest - i guess i get to see at least one or two of you before next cruise - whoever goes to MD!
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Disaster Area wrote:

Disaster Area wrote:I seriously want that hour of my life back. I wasn't that impressed with their pool set either. (this coming from the "power metal guy") :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, I totally disagree. That was my 11th and 12th time seeing SA and the pool set was probably the best I've heard Tony sound in like five years. The Chorus Line show wasn't that great, but that was the FIRST time I've ever seen them play 'Blank File', so that almost made up for the rest of the set not being up to par.
  • sssocialservice
    Oiler

by sssocialservice » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Let me start off by saying this was the best fest I have been to in a really long time. words can't describe how amazing this was and big ups to the promoter of the whole thing. Thank you for making this all happen
    Now on to the best shows I saw on the cruise

Best
    Death Angel (pool)
    I am glad I saw them at the pool area because I could not see them the first time in the Spectrum lounge..I am 5'6" ..all I saw was Mark Osegueda dreads flying above the crowd. The pool set was amazing..amazing DIO tribute..

Sodom (pool)
    Finally got to see these guys after waiting forever..perfect place to see them..

Voivod (spectrum and chrous)
    These guys never disappoint I just wish they had gotten to play the outdoor pool stage. Dan is a great replacement for piggy (R.I.P.) and I am glad Blacky is back in the band..

Gamma Ray (pool)
    1st time seeing them..blown away..

Amon Amarth (pool)
    Seeing the viking band play on a viking ship (in the freezing cold) couldn't be a more perfect way to wind down a amazing time (for me)..

Sanctuary (pool)
    great set

Uli Jon Roth (spectrum and pool)
    seeing this man do classic Scorpions songs made the hair stand up on my arms..

Saxon (2nd night)
    Although the set appeared to be cut short, this set was fucking great...I wish the boat wasn't trying to knock them off the stage

Agent Steel (pool)

Worst

Exodus (both sets)
    let me start off by saying that is is not that I hated their set but Rob Dukes (IMO) is not the right singer for them. I grew up listening to them and he just comes off too "jock like"..The band however fucking ripped

Saxon (1st night)
    Again, I am not saying they sucked because that would be far from the truth. It just seemed that the set was a little bit lackluster..glad I went both nights

Unleashed
    no singer, no good

Sanctuary (spectrum)
    this set didn't do it for me..pool set totally redeemed them for me..
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:25 pm

For once I'm not being a nit picky bastard as I had ZERO bad performances and thought every single bands sounded and played great each time I saw them.
    Last edited by KevinP on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Ecliptica wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

Disaster Area wrote:I seriously want that hour of my life back. I wasn't that impressed with their pool set either. (this coming from the "power metal guy") :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, I totally disagree. That was my 11th and 12th time seeing SA and the pool set was probably the best I've heard Tony sound in like five years. The Chorus Line show wasn't that great, but that was the FIRST time I've ever seen them play 'Blank File', so that almost made up for the rest of the set not being up to par.

Oh... Greg, you're just the guy I wanted to ask about this. Seeing as you saw both SA sets, did they dedicate The Cage to Maddy/Marina? I was told that it was going to happen but I never caught a set.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:02 pm

Dark Tranquillity's theatre set was fucking incredible.

I was on the barrier - front and centre. Mikael came right down onto the barrier for a lot of the set. At one stage he was screaming in my face, I was screaming in his face, for probably 30 seconds to a minute.

THE moment of the cruise for me - fuck I hope someone got a photo of it and I can locate it!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:04 pm

asmegin wrote:As far as best performance? It was my first time seeing Iced Earth with Matt Barlow and can't fucking believe how incredible his performance is.

Barlow just about split my eardrums before I could get my ear plugs in. I have to put him up there with Eric Adams for the number of ears damaged in a career.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:07 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Oh... Greg, you're just the guy I wanted to ask about this. Seeing as you saw both SA sets, did they dedicate The Cage to Maddy/Marina? I was told that it was going to happen but I never caught a set.

They didn't even play 'The Cage' :P :P
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:28 pm

Best = Testament1 and Testament2 but I've been a huge Testament fan since 1986.
    Worst = Can't really say. Some bands I didn't care for but I can't say they were worst. It's just that I didn't care for them.

Favorite new band from the cruise = Cripper. Also liked Witchburner a lot.
    My wife liked Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Moonspell, Circle II Circle, basically any power metal band.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:26 am

Blind Guardian's second show, without a doubt
    I mean, I already enjoyed the show on Monday a lot, but Thursday's setlist was the most compact ever!

to finally see Sanctuary live was the other highlight
    I'd have to pick the first show because there was definitely more energy in the crowd...(and there were quite some other bandmembers there attending the show)

regarding the "worst performances", it's even more a question of taste...so i better leave it out
    on a general note: some of the bands played almost the same setlist twice - that was a wee bit of a bummer
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:28 pm

In terms of performance i'd have to say that Sanctuary and Blind Guardian gave the best performances.
    Especially Blind Guardians second set with Kai hansen singing Valhalla with them drunk.

As for worst performance i'd have to say Amon Amarth on the last night.
    Songs were played well but the show was just fucking boring as hell.
    I wish they'd mix up the setlist instead of just playing it safe with songs x,y and z from the last 4 albums.
    No real variety in their shows and just a complete dissapointment for me.
    I'm a huge fan of the band and 'd like to see them actualy play some of the songs from the other half of their career.
    I think at this stage i'm going to stick to just listening to the albums and not bother watching them live anymore.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 pm

the shows that do not seem to leave my head in a good way - TYR Pool, Death Angel pool, Obituary both, Fear Factory both, Testament pool, Sabaton indoor and cripper both.
    was not happy with - VoiVod's second (indoor) show, great set list but did not like the show, Epica both, S.A. both, Nevermore pool but i was up top and the wind made the sound vary bad and same with Uli, think the wind killed his sound.

Pissed i miss - Sodom both, Ensiferum both, Forbidden pool, Death Angel indoor, Fintroll both, TYR indoor and VoiVod pool
    a little too much beer at times :party:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Azazel101 wrote:the shows that do not seem to leave my head in a good way - TYR Pool, Death Angel pool, Obituary both, Fear Factory both, Testament pool, Sabaton indoor and cripper both.
    was not happy with - VoiVod's second (indoor) show, great set list but did not like the show, Epica both, S.A. both, Nevermore pool but i was up top and the wind made the sound vary bad and same with Uli, think the wind killed his sound.

Pissed i miss - Sodom both, Ensiferum both, Forbidden pool, Death Angel indoor, Fintroll both, TYR indoor and VoiVod pool

voivod never played the pool - just did both indoor stages...and different sets each time! and yeah sodom was also awesome. forbidden was better at the pool show too! i also missed Fintroll...damn
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:51 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:the shows that do not seem to leave my head in a good way - TYR Pool, Death Angel pool, Obituary both, Fear Factory both, Testament pool, Sabaton indoor and cripper both.

voivod never played the pool - just did both indoor stages...and different sets each time! and yeah sodom was also awesome. forbidden was better at the pool show too! i also missed Fintroll...damn

maybe that is why i missed the pool set for VoiVod or maybe I just drank too much :party: :givebeer:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Ecliptica wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

They didn't even play 'The Cage' :P :P

I couldn't help but thinking about Marina the whole trip. Thanks to her, I'm listening to Kingfisher Sky.
Locked 64 posts