Locked 317 posts
Regrets?
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

Re: Regrets?

by kaluviva » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:59 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:BTW- I am very depressed now that I am home and not cruising. So I might be a downer for a few days

I KNOW! Me, too! I'm feeling post-vacation depression. It really sucks...

I don't really regret things that much because it's not my philosophy of life, but if I would have had the chance to do it, I would have:

#1: Stayed in the forum more often to meet more poeple in the Cruise. After some months of writing here everyday, I realized I needed a life >.< And so, I focused in working so I can afford alcohol for this trip. I got promoted, then started school, and when I occasionally came back, I was totally lost! I really wanted to meet Scott aka Tom Cruise.

#2: Not being so freaking shy to talk to band members and headbangers in general.

I'm also very short. 1.58 metres (I don't know how much is that in feet and inches), but had a blast! =D
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:02 pm

kaluviva wrote:
    I KNOW! Me, too! I'm feeling post-vacation depression. It really sucks...

I don't really regret things that much because it's not my philosophy of life, but if I would have had the chance to do it, I would have:

#1: Stayed in the forum more often to meet more poeple in the Cruise. After some months of writing here everyday, I realized I needed a life >.< And so, I focused in working so I can afford alcohol for this trip. I got promoted, then started school, and when I occasionally came back, I was totally lost! I really wanted to meet Scott aka Tom Cruise.

#2: Not being so freaking shy to talk to band members and headbangers in general.

I'm also very short. 1.58 metres (I don't know how much is that in feet and inches), but had a blast! =D

About 5'2". Now you can hop on the forum and start posting away leading up to next year! :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:48 pm

I hate my immune system for failing on me. Because of thet I missed some shows that I wanted to see and missed a lot of fun at the karaoke bar :(

I also regret that I did not talk to some of the pretty ladies on board. i hate my shyness for that.

And I regret not being able to talk to the Sonata guys more. But I'll see them 4 more times in the next few months
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    swaggerprance
    Oiler

by swaggerprance » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Our regret was not ending up talking to anyone although that was the intention! hopeing to see you at So Cal shows and next cruise!
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:21 pm

-Not meeting everyone from the forum
    -Not seeing all the bands (missed about 12)
    -Drinking too much Wednesday
    -Missing kareoke on Wednesday
    -the hangover on Thursday morning (that's fucking tough with the ship rocking back & forth! LOL, coffee, juice, water, milk & a bowl of Special K made it ok)
    -the expensive excursion to Cozumel
    -Not getting any autographs or pictures with bands.
    -Buying the fucking wine package. Bought 5 bottles for 25% off. First three days were great, they brought my merlot (albeit it took them 10-15 minutes to "go to the wine cellar" to get the fucking wine). Meanwhile, the meat on my plate got cold. You can't get a bottle of wine at the bar, only in the dining room! Thursday was hell. They couldn't get my wine until 6 p.m. because the wine steward was sleeping, for fuck sake! I finally had to get the Supervisor to go get my wine. I can be a very nice bitch, if you know what I mean. ;) Out of merlot, so I got the last two bottles of cabernet sauvignon. Not buying the wine package next time.
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:35 pm

I got my wine bottles for around-the-ship drinking up at the viking lounge! They had a bunch up there whenever I wanted one and I could take it anywhere from there. Just FYI for next time!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:55 pm

I only regret not talking more to Mr Penguin, AKA Rob. I only remember talking to him once and that was just to explain that the wife was back in the cabin puking her guts out.

I did a lot of word vomiting in general on the ship, but I'm not the type who regrets the things I do, only the things I didn't do when I should have. Sorry if I annoyed anyone with my drunken rambling.

Cheers to you all for making this a wonderful experience! :cheers:
    Flesh Mannequin
    Oiler

by Flesh Mannequin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:21 pm

:( Should have taken pills for sea sickness the last two days

:( I have been told that at some girl was hitting on me way too obviously at some point in the Schooner Bar and I noticed nothing

:( Should've stayed in line to get the other t-shirt with the drawing on it

:( Should've done some more homework on recognizing band members

But all in all the trip was fucking awesome!! :D
    I'm short, hairy, scandinavian and I drink alot
    nymphet
    Petty Officer

by nymphet » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:04 pm

- Going heavy on drinks the very first night and ending up in bed way too soon.
    - Starting the journey tired with heavy drinking and staying up late during pre-parties.
    - Pigging out on pizza twice late night...
    - Not checking up on the unfamiliar bands' music as they were announced and the members'. I could end up being more passionate about some of the shows I missed and could have recognized more band members for pictures or avoidance when needed.
    - Not being able to hang out with more metal sisters from the forum :(
    - Cluttering my suitcase with too many sequin and glitter clothing articles that I end up not utilizing. Those ones should just belong to the belly dance world and non-work related activities. :P
    - Not bringing my cross-trainers - missed out on spin class.
    - Going to Cozumel.
    - Missing Saxon and Circle II Circle's meet and greet - had to nap and workout...

- Cigarette smoking indoors - though, I wouldn't be able to do anything about this, I regret having to be in smoking indoors environment. Had a headache most of the shows >=(
    A "metal heart" is hard to break apart.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:09 pm

nymphet wrote:
    - Cluttering my suitcase with too many sequin and glitter clothing articles that I end up not utilizing. Those ones should just belong to the belly dance world and non-work related activities. :P

HAHAH you crack me up. you looked damned good in what outfits you DID wear!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:27 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    nymphet wrote:

and she failed to mention the 37 pairs of shoes/boots...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:06 am

Flesh Mannequin wrote::( Should have taken pills for sea sickness the last two days

I brought pills for drowzyness!! Next time, ask me ;-) I'm like my mom, getting worried somebody may need it =S

mooyagi wrote:
    About 5'2". Now you can hop on the forum and start posting away leading up to next year! :cheers:

I hope my schedule allows me!! It also doesn't help that I am useless with technology and don't know how to put my avatar in here. At least 3 people have told me how to do it, and I still dont get it!! Phuck! It would be easier for people to know who I am if I have my pic in here u.u"
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:36 am

Digimortal wrote:I hate my immune system for failing on me. Because of thet I missed some shows that I wanted to see and missed a lot of fun at the karaoke bar :(

I also regret that I did not talk to some of the pretty ladies on board. i hate my shyness for that.

And I regret not being able to talk to the Sonata guys more. But I'll see them 4 more times in the next few months

You did, however, save my life, so that's a plus :)
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:03 am

nymphet wrote:- Cluttering my suitcase with too many sequin and glitter clothing articles that I end up not utilizing. Those ones should just belong to the belly dance world and non-work related activities. :P

Yeah, you need to wear less clothes next time. Thank you for your cooperation ;) :mrgreen: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:15 am

ejd715 wrote:missing karaoke after i did my stint with Mikael Stanne...

apparently, Warrel dane did Turbo Lover? WOW why did i miss that?

want to see footage of that!

heheh cheesewhiz and i were singing with him, it was amazing and surreal. it was such an amazing time! i have video, ill put it up soon, i already put up some other videos on youtube, HEABYMETAWHUNTA channel
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Adam Blaze
    Oiler

by Adam Blaze » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:54 am

-I regret not making it to the karaoke. Especially after reading all of your crazy stories.
    -I regret missing a few of the bands I don't listen to, who apparently put on great shows (ie: Swashbuckle, Sabaton, Rage)
    -I regret not meeting Johan Hegg from Amon Amarth!

Small regrets aside, this was the trip of a lifetime and I can't fucking wait to do it again!
    2012 - Cabin 2539
    2011 - Cabin 3019
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 am

OH, i actually only have 2 regrets

1. sleeping through the Sodom meet and greet
    2. no sticking around for the 2nd iced earth show, i heard they played Dracula, and horror show is hands down my favorite album

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:37 am

Adam Blaze wrote:-I regret not making it to the karaoke. Especially after reading all of your crazy stories.
    -I regret missing a few of the bands I don't listen to, who apparently put on great shows (ie: Swashbuckle, Sabaton, Rage)

Small regrets aside, this was the trip of a lifetime and I can't fucking wait to do it again!

didn't know you were an the forum, too
    you're the guy behind me at the first BG show...
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Adam Blaze
    Oiler

by Adam Blaze » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:46 am

last_candle wrote:
    Adam Blaze wrote:-I regret not making it to the karaoke. Especially after reading all of your crazy stories.

Hey dude! Cool. What an epic set that was...
    2012 - Cabin 2539
    2011 - Cabin 3019
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:58 am

Adam Blaze wrote:
    last_candle wrote:

Hey dude! Cool. What an epic set that was...

...and it got even better on Thursday!
    I really enjoyed the first show in row 2 - usually, I don't get to enjoy a Blind Guardian show like that anymore because it's just too crowded...
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Adam Blaze
    Oiler

by Adam Blaze » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:11 am

Yea I hear ya. I found it really easy to get up front for most of the bands on the ship. I was within the first few rows for Guardian, Iced Earth, Sonata Arctica, Nevermore, Gamma Ray and Dark Tranquillity, which was awesome! It can be such a pain in the ass getting that close at shows here in Canada.
    2012 - Cabin 2539
    2011 - Cabin 3019
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:20 am

I passed out during Uli Jon Roth because I took a gravol so I wound up having to catch him at his second set, causing me to miss The Absence. That's the only band I didn't see that I really wanted to but I still saw about 30 bands in total which I'm pretty happy with. Also I was so tired I went to bed on the last night and I sort of wish I hadn't. Although the 3 or 4 hours of sleep I got made getting off the boat the next day a lot easier.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 am

tyrwoman wrote:Thought of another...
    Umm....I regret being "judgemental" and telling a certain lady who I ran into in the bathroom in the wee hours of the morning....that she is such a beautiful woman and shouldn't feel the need to walk around in a string bikini/thong the whole time to attract attention. :shock: :oops: It was the mother hen in me saying that...

But really, folks...TEHO.... :cheers:

Haha... That was about the only thing I tired of on the boat: Watching that one ass do little but make attention rounds/bends for three days. It was like listening to "The Song That Never Ends"... on constant repeat. :lol: :roll: Mainstream radio doesn't play out a good thing so quick!
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:51 am

asmegin wrote:I really do regret not seeing Amon Amarth on the pool side and banging my head on the front barricade. I really wanted to show off my headbanging lol.

Also regret not taking any pics with a lot of the bands, mainly iced earth. Just was star struck and didn't know if they wanted to be bothered or not.

I'll +1 this. I did the same thing, tried to get a couple of hours of sleep... apparently those were the same couple of hours that all sorts of things happened at the karaoke bar. Ah well, I'll have to live vicariously through the pics that my guy took. Next time, I'll just have to figure out a sleep schedule that doesn't leave anything out. heh :heavydrink:
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:07 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:
    nymphet wrote:

and she failed to mention the 37 pairs of shoes/boots...

:lol: you weren't the only one. My cabin mate brought four suitcases with her: 1 for her make up, 1 for her shoes and 2 for her clothes. Her stuff completely took over our cabin, it was absolutely ridiculous!
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:16 am

vikingbitch wrote: :lol: you weren't the only one. My cabin mate brought four suitcases with her: 1 for her make up, 1 for her shoes and 2 for her clothes. Her stuff completely took over our cabin, it was absolutely ridiculous!

sigh... oh how I can relate...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:22 am

Umm....I regret being "judgemental" and telling a certain lady who I ran into in the bathroom in the wee hours of the morning....that she is such a beautiful woman and shouldn't feel the need to walk around in a string bikini/thong the whole time to attract attention. :shock: :oops: It was the mother hen in me saying that...

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA........time to WASH that string!!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 am

viathyn wrote:I regret being human and having to crash at some point. I would have stayed up all night every night if I could have. Tooooooo much fucking fun!

TOUCHE MI AMORE....TOUCHE!!!!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:38 am

debborah1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you got that right!!!

Debbbbbbbb - you're back on the forum - woohooo! But, :oops: :oops: If you read my intro post....I feel like such a total shit for missing Forbidden - had to go back to the schedule and figure how that happened because they were on my must see list! So, here's my excuse: The first night, Monday, stayed up till about 6 in the morning....set my alarm for noon so I could get up and catch Tyr at 1:00pm followed by Ensiferum.....after that crashed on an upper deck chair for quite a while so I actually heard some of the Forbidden set from a distance. Next Forbidden gig was 10pm on the last night at the same time as Moonspell. Was dying to see Moonspell (missed their first set) and I don't think they tour the US much....so that's where I went. And, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. ;) :lol: I will definitely see Forbidden next time they come around though - bought and LOVE the new album.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 am

debborah1 wrote:

Speaking of string, did anybody meet Heather Graddus Love? I regret not doing so.

Can never have too many imaginary friends
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:44 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote: :lol: you weren't the only one. My cabin mate brought four suitcases with her: 1 for her make up, 1 for her shoes and 2 for her clothes. Her stuff completely took over our cabin, it was absolutely ridiculous!

sigh... oh how I can relate...

hEY NOW!!!....we are women!!...we need costume changes!!!...I brought alot.....I wore alot..lol.....I usually bring alot and wear less than half...but I made it a point to have 3 costume changes and a "refresh" per day...so much fun...
    and like Jake said...the only regret I have is that I HAD to get some sleep at some point....I went to bed no later (or earlier) than 6a.m. every night...so much to do and see and so many people to hang out with....it was INSANE!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 am

tyrwoman wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you got that right!!!

Debbbbbbbb - you're back on the forum - woohooo! But, :oops: :oops: If you read my intro post....I feel like such a total shit for missing Forbidden - had to go back to the schedule and figure how that happened because they were on my must see list! So, here's my excuse: The first night, Monday, stayed up till about 6 in the morning....set my alarm for noon so I could get up and catch Tyr at 1:00pm followed by Ensiferum.....after that crashed on an upper deck chair for quite a while so I actually heard some of the Forbidden set from a distance. Next Forbidden gig was 10pm on the last night at the same time as Moonspell. Was dying to see Moonspell (missed their first set) and I don't think they tour the US much....so that's where I went. And, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. ;) :lol: I will definitely see Forbidden next time they come around though - bought and LOVE the new album.

thirty lashes with a wet noodle for you young lady!!! lol....not to worry...they will be in your area soon!...Miss you allll!!!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Narwhal
    Oiler

by Narwhal » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 am

I regret not taking the captain hostage and telling him to turn this boat around the minute we docked in Miami, again.
    ...inventor of the shish-kebab.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:53 am

debborah1 wrote:I usually bring alot and wear less than half...

Yeah, you seemed to forget the "top" half of your wardrobe a few times.
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 pm

mooyagi wrote:

RYAN! sup buddy had a great time drinking and hanging out, glad i finally got to meet you. :cheers:

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:09 pm

mooyagi wrote:

It was my evil twin I tell ya!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:18 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

It was my evil twin I tell ya!

:lol: :lol: /
    it was great to finally meet you deb you were such a blast to be around, and what a great limo ride on the way to the airport bacK! thanks for everything deb!

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:22 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

RYAN! sup buddy had a great time drinking and hanging out, glad i finally got to meet you. :cheers:

Damn right! :cheers: I'm sure we will see more of each other at random shows in LA. Still gotta swing by the metal shop.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:23 pm

Yeah, you seemed to forget the "top" half of your wardrobe a few times.[/quote]
    It was my evil twin I tell ya![/quote]
    :lol: :lol: /
    it was great to finally meet you deb you were such a blast to be around, and what a great limo ride on the way to the airport bacK! thanks for everything deb![/quote]
    It was definatley a good time...Im gald you got to hang out with us....its NEVER a dull moment! lol....we will all be there next year as well :beerwink:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:29 pm

have you still not figured out the quote thing woman? Sheesh!

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
Locked 317 posts