Captain

Re: 2012 Wishlist

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:05 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Ghost
    Glittertind
    Gorgoroth

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

did you just mention a band with Glitter in it? and are they famous cuz i never heard of these sparkly bastards!

They're folk you'd hate it :lol: Not power metal at all though

It's actually more or less a one man project so wouldn't expect it on the cruise
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Goatwhore
    Gehenna
    Ghoul
    GGGGWWWWWAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Ghoul fan eh? they rock! Ever heard Ghoulunatics? I suggest doing so
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:45 pm

God Dethroned
    Gojira
    Goatwhore
    Gnostic
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:05 pm

Omegas66 wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    raspberry*tart wrote:Haha I WISH After Forever :P

I don't think floor will quit with re-vamp for a one-time reunion of after forever

Wow... I completely forgot that After Forever broke up. I thought Revamp was just another project from Floor. With that said, then Revamp should be booked then.
    :shred:

Would be awesome :headbanger:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Just checked out Revamp for the first time (even though hearing about them a lot here) and I'm surprised. Just checked out the track Head Up High and the vocals are surprisingly aggressive which I like. What normally puts me off female fronted bands is the usual very delicate vocals.

I could back this! :headbanger:

Edit\; Wait, that was a different thread. Here works though...
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Ravenlord wrote:Just checked out Revamp for the first time (even though hearing about them a lot here) and I'm surprised. Just checked out the track Head Up High and the vocals are surprisingly aggressive which I like. What normally puts me off female fronted bands is the usual very delicate vocals.

Oh yes, there's nothing delicate about Floor. She's awesome. She uses most of her range way more than any of the other "opera" singers in metal, and now I believe she's been taking growling lessons :lol:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:22 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Just checked out Revamp for the first time (even though hearing about them a lot here) and I'm surprised. Just checked out the track Head Up High and the vocals are surprisingly aggressive which I like. What normally puts me off female fronted bands is the usual very delicate vocals.

and now I believe she's been taking growling lessons :lol:

Woah, Woah. Now there's no need to go too far...
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:26 pm

I think only throws in a growl now and then ;)
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

and now I believe she's been taking growling lessons :lol:

Woah, Woah. Now there's no need to go too far...

I love her because of that, she can literally do anything now!!

This show is why I want to see them sooo bad!! http://youtu.be/tIqzPXzhEuw
    http://youtu.be/HzbEamfTcMc
    http://youtu.be/HpbZHRWkEZ0
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Fatum11 wrote:I love her because of that, she can literally do anything now!!

This is very good! I love an aggressive voice without the need to resort to all death metal vocals...
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Ravenlord wrote:

This is very good! I love an aggressive voice without the need to resort to all death metal vocals...

Yeah, that first one, Disdain, has male vocals in the part she's singing roughly
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 pm

She hasn't been doing the growling lessons for very long so I'm sure she'll be growling those parts in no time!

Judging from those videos I think ReVamp sound better live than on the album, I love bands like that.
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:45 pm

It kind of works against a band though if they sound better live than on CD because usually the only reason you would see them live is if you thought their tracks were good.
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:56 pm

hmm, good point, but it's such a let down going to see a band that has a fantastic album and they are shit live, would rather the other way around and be surprised. ReVamp's album isn't THAT bad that I wouldn't have wanted to see them live or buy any future albums.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Fatum11 wrote:She hasn't been doing the growling lessons for very long so I'm sure she'll be growling those parts in no time!

Judging from those videos I think ReVamp sound better live than on the album, I love bands like that.

I love when bands surprise me like that too :D The album is okay but I definitely know Floor could make it sound amazing live
    Omegas66
    Oiler

by Omegas66 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:28 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

Yeah, that first one, Disdain, has male vocals in the part she's singing roughly

Hell yeah, I want to see that show...

Mess with the BEST... Die like the REST...
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:51 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:She hasn't been doing the growling lessons for very long so I'm sure she'll be growling those parts in no time!

I love when bands surprise me like that too :D The album is okay but I definitely know Floor could make it sound amazing live

I like the album. Don't know why everyone acts like it's so bad.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:55 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Because it was a major disappointment that can't live up to the lofty standards set by After Forever
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:58 pm

Well yeah, but it's still good. Anything with Floor is good in my book :D
    Omegas66
    Oiler

by Omegas66 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:06 pm

I agree. I really wish they make it. I like it that they are a little bit heavier than After Forever. And she looks as beautiful as always too.

Mess with the BEST... Die like the REST...
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:32 pm

Fatum11 wrote:
    That album has been playing in my car for the last couple of weeks, it's growing on me, track 7, 9 and 11 are my favourites.
    The last few days it's actually reminded me of you, I thought it would be one you would like.

Oh you are so cute! I have only started listening to Meredead this week actually! My friend (who is coming on the cruise) told me to listen to it.
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Because it was a major disappointment that can't live up to the lofty standards set by After Forever

This is how I feel too

Hey Fatum those vids you posted are great. Much better live than the CD I feel.
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:19 pm

CHIMAIRA

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:21 pm

:lol: The only one on that list I'd be okay with is Goatwhore. No wonder we didn't hang out much on the boat, only in Miami.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:25 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:
    That album has been playing in my car for the last couple of weeks, it's growing on me, track 7, 9 and 11 are my favourites.
    The last few days it's actually reminded me of you, I thought it would be one you would like.

Oh you are so cute!

I like where this is going :mrgreen: A little Aussie on Aussie action.

She's ready for ya
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:01 am

:shock: :shock: :lol:
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:09 am

:lol: :lol:
    You're always so hopeful Mooyagi
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:32 am

I doubt any bands that have bass players or guitarists who wear their instruments down at their knees will make the cruise lineup.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:36 am

cycosurgeon wrote:I doubt any bands that have bass players or guitarists who wear their instruments down at their knees will make the cruise lineup.

Why would that be? I hate musicians holding their guitar or bass under their armpit :lol:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:48 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:I doubt any bands that have bass players or guitarists who wear their instruments down at their knees will make the cruise lineup.

Why would that be? I hate musicians holding their guitar or bass under their armpit :lol:

But that makes them all cool, jazzy and ultra sophisticated :lol: :lol: :lol:

Consider me confused about the instruments at the knees remark as well :? :? :?
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:38 am

Fatum11 wrote::lol: :lol:
    You're always so hopeful Mooyagi

I'm the ultimate optimist :beerwink:

KevinP wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:

I know a bunch of nu metal bands did that.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:22 am

Bentz! wrote:
    EvilDan wrote: Necrophagist and Obscura would be one hell of an announcement. :headbanger:

Obscura would be awesome!
    However I think it may create some onbroad tension since their old bass player ( Jeroen Paul Thesseling ) who didn't leave the band under the best of terms is the bass player for Pestilence.
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160815

Damn. The drama. Still, let's have all 3 and document it for a new series, Metal 90210.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:55 am

KevinP wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:

Add me to the confused list :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:15 am

KDibildox wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

chimaira and devildriver... numetal.... pretty obvious reference

also, guitars played higher on the chest is typically associated with jazz style learning... though some who do it could just be posturing

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Thrasher
    Wiper

by Thrasher » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:33 am

Hell, Helstar, Crimson Glory, Flotsam & Jetsam, Death Angel, Megadeth, Firewind, Forbidden,...
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:51 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    KevinP wrote:But that makes them all cool, jazzy and ultra sophisticated :lol: :lol: :lol:

chimaira and devildriver... numetal.... pretty obvious reference

also, guitars played higher on the chest is typically associated with jazz style learning... though some who do it could just be posturing

When I meant their instruments hanging at their knees I meant it literally. Tons of numetal bands play their instruments like they are long armed gorillas, at least a couple folks figured it out. Then again I guess it was a bad reference to make to an international crowd since I am not sure how much those numetal bands tour outside the states.

My bad.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:04 am

cycosurgeon wrote:
    When I meant their instruments hanging at their knees I meant it literally. Tons of numetal bands play their instruments like they are long armed gorillas, at least a couple folks figured it out. Then again I guess it was a bad reference to make to an international crowd since I am not sure how much those numetal bands tour outside the states.

My bad.

Alright :) I hate nu metal so I've never seen a video or one of those bands play live :mrgreen: And hopefully it will continue that way ;)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:32 am

KDibildox wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

The album is good, but on stage Floor just has so much more power in her voice. After you have been to a couple of shows, the album sounds boring :P
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:17 am

Thrasher wrote:Hell, Helstar, Crimson Glory, Flotsam & Jetsam, Death Angel, Megadeth, Firewind, Forbidden,...

You are a good man!
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:13 pm

mooyagi wrote::lol: The only one on that list I'd be okay with is Goatwhore. No wonder we didn't hang out much on the boat, only in Miami.

Yeah, well look at the wishlist in my signature... you probably like little of those bands...

Here is an extended wishlist that I also want but could not fit in signature so I only put the bands I wanted the most (in sig):

Here is my wish list extension (Ryan, you may only like 1 or 2 of these as well):
    A Life Once Lost
    Cavalera Conspiracy
    Fear Factory (again!)
    Sacred Reich
    Dimmu Borgir
    Bloodbath
    Unearth
    Lamb of God
    Rotting Christ
    Napalm Death
    Machine Head
    Misery Index
    Deicide
    Braindrill
    Hail of Bullets
    SLAYER

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
Locked 1971 posts