KevinP
    Commander

Re: The Damage

by KevinP » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:$3250-- Paid for 2 person cabin by myself

By choice?

Yeah--hey I was on Holiday! :) I didn't want to be in the bowls of the cruise ship--needed comfy

That's some serious coin to be dropping to "rub a few out" in privacy. But whatever makes ya sleep at night I suppose ;)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:07 pm

For the two of us:

$4,500 Cabin, Junior Suite
    $500 Onbroad spending (about $400 on merch and souveniers, $100 on foods and drinks)
    $7,000 Travel agent (Flights, 6 nights hotels in Miami, 3 nights hotels on Orlando, 7 days rental car)
    $3,000 Spending money, food, drink, etc.

So about $15,000 Aussie Dollars all up. NOT something we can afford to do every year :P
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Leonardo
    Oiler

by Leonardo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:50 pm

You can stay for free in the sewers...and you got about 70000 tons of METAL pipes.
    Everybody was kung fu fighting...they were banging their heads fast as lightning
    MrsAceMasterHan
    Crewman

by MrsAceMasterHan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:13 pm

700 total for flights
    500 on hotel rooms 1 night before, 2 after
    3,200 on nice cabin
    100 or so on transportation
    200 food
    250 spent in cozumel (trinkets, drinking)
    600 or so for sea pass bill (includes 200 for Cozumel jungle buggy excursion)

Total (Very rough est) 5,550 USD

This is all for 2 people and it was our honeymoon so really, not so bad!
    Deck 7
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:26 pm

cowboy71 wrote:For the two of us:

$500 Onbroad spending (about $400 on merch and souveniers, $100 on foods and drinks)
    $7,000 Travel agent (Flights, 6 nights hotels in Miami, 3 nights hotels on Orlando, 7 days rental car)

So about $15,000 Aussie Dollars all up. NOT something we can afford to do every year :P

:shock: But it doesn't have to be that expensive, unless you want to travel like a celebrity.

I know when I go i'll be backpacking, or sleeping on a park bench/beach. Eating out of a dumpster. Whatever it takes to keep costs to a minimum.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Conrad wrote:

:shock: But it doesn't have to be that expensive, unless you want to travel like a celebrity.

I know when I go i'll be backpacking, or sleeping on a park bench/beach. Eating out of a dumpster. Whatever it takes to keep costs to a minimum.

Absolutely - this was our honeymoon so a bit different :D

Doing it again, obviously wouldn't stay so long, nor spend so much, wouldn't book flights so far in advance, wouldn't go for the Junior Suite etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:02 pm

gnoff wrote:it's only money

I had fun

EXACTLY!!!

I think I got off easy.... (that's what she said :lol: )

1 person
    Round trip airfare DFW to MIA - $320
    2 night's hotel in South Beach - $280
    Food/Drink in Miami - $300
    Crusie Ticket - $1,300
    Food/Drink on broad - $250 (I swore this number should have been way higher)
    Merch - $190 (I would have bought more but they ran out, ugh)
    Cabs/Buses - $80

so $2,700 - $3,000 for one person. I thought it would have been more.
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:35 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Conrad wrote:

Absolutely - this was our honeymoon so a bit different :D

Doing it again, obviously wouldn't stay so long, nor spend so much, wouldn't book flights so far in advance, wouldn't go for the Junior Suite etc.

What wrong with booking flights in advance? I thought the more you book in advance the cheaper they'd be.

gnoff wrote:it's only money

I had fun

Thats easy to say if you have the money, but for me it's a bit different, I have to figure out ways of saving this money, budgeting etc, just so I have enough to be there.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Conrad wrote:What wrong with booking flights in advance? I thought the more you book in advance the cheaper they'd be.

Yeah, that's what I thought but I already looked up flights for around the time of next years cruise and they are 20-30% more expensive than the ones I booked 2 months before this years cruise. I would guess it has to do with a lot of different factors. For that reason I'm not going to get too worried about it right now.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:23 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    Conrad wrote:What wrong with booking flights in advance? I thought the more you book in advance the cheaper they'd be.

Yeah, that's what I thought but I already looked up flights for around the time of next years cruise and they are 20-30% more expensive than the ones I booked 2 months before this years cruise. I would guess it has to do with a lot of different factors. For that reason I'm not going to get too worried about it right now.

I got pretty cheap flights by booking WAY in advance and thought I was being clever in doing so but, once I realized I wanted to get to Florida earlier than originally planned, it turned out that better, more direct flights were even cheaper and this was at various times throughout the year. This time I'll take my time a bit more on that part of the plan for sure.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:52 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

I got pretty cheap flights by booking WAY in advance and thought I was being clever in doing so but, once I realized I wanted to get to Florida earlier than originally planned, it turned out that better, more direct flights were even cheaper and this was at various times throughout the year. This time I'll take my time a bit more on that part of the plan for sure.

as a rule of thumb, from someone who has flown a lot, never book a flight more than 6 months in advance - always costs more. i usually shoot for around 90 days out.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:10 pm

rhiawiz wrote:as a rule of thumb, from someone who has flown a lot, never book a flight more than 6 months in advance - always costs more. i usually shoot for around 90 days out.

Thanks for that. Yeah, round 1 was very much about Live n' Learn for me. Now that I'm an international jet-setter, future trips will be much smoother and efficient ;)

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:12 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    as a rule of thumb, from someone who has flown a lot, never book a flight more than 6 months in advance - always costs more. i usually shoot for around 90 days out.

90 days seems a bit excessive. I usually book 4-6 weeks in advance, sometimes only 3 and have gotten many fantastic flight deals. Also, try to book on Tuesday or Wednesday, as those tend to be the cheapest. Also try to fly out during the middle of the week as well.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:14 pm

mooyagi wrote:Also, try to book on Tuesday or Wednesday, as those tend to be the cheapest. Also try to fly out during the middle of the week as well.

Easy to see how those would be cheaper but just not doable if the cruise is Monday to Friday again unless I book 3 weeks off work instead of just 1

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:16 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

90 days seems a bit excessive. I usually book 4-6 weeks in advance, sometimes only 3 and have gotten many fantastic flight deals. Also, try to book on Tuesday or Wednesday, as those tend to be the cheapest. Also try to fly out during the middle of the week as well.

Easy to see how those would be cheaper but just not doable if the cruise is Monday to Friday again unless I book 3 weeks off work instead of just 1

Yeah I hear ya. Just something to keep in mind for future travels. I've also flown a lot. Actually looking to make a trip to Boston in early April, myself for the Red Sox home opener versus the Yankees. I think Kevin should come for that trip :lol:

I think we can all agree, no more coming out the day of the cruise. We need social time in Miami! :cheers:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:19 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Also, try to book on Tuesday or Wednesday, as those tend to be the cheapest. Also try to fly out during the middle of the week as well.

actually it's often cheaper to BOOK flights on a tuesday or wednesday. don't know why, but i learned that from my travel department.

cheapest days to fly are usually tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays.

cheapest deals are usually around 2 months before the trip, but international might be different. i would still not book much more than 90 days in advance.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:21 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

actually it's often cheaper to BOOK flights on a tuesday or wednesday. don't know why, but i learned that from my travel department.

cheapest days to fly are usually tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays.

cheapest deals are usually around 2 months before the trip, but international might be different. i would still not book much more than 90 days in advance.

I usually see the prices the same on Tuesday and Wednesday flights. Forgot about Saturday, but that's true too. Surprised to see Thursday there.

Definitely book on a Tues or Wed though.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Ahh... guess I misunderstood that you meant to book on those days. Anyways, great info guys, thanks. Gonna bookmark this thread for future flight planning.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:25 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Ahh... guess I misunderstood that you meant to book on those days. Anyways, great info guys, thanks. Gonna bookmark this thread for future flight planning.

Glad to help! Try looking into one of the sites that compares airfare for most airlines. Some, like Bing and Kayak will give you a prediction on prices rising or dropping, historical data so you can see cost trends, and other options like looking for different airports or setting number of stops and whatnot. No need for a travel agent, just use that trusty interweb thingy.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:39 pm

Yeah thanks for the extra tips guys. I love travelling so as a fairly frequent flyer myself, like rhiawiz I've never booked a flight more than 3 months in advance, usually aim for about 2-3 months. But theres been many times I've booked a couple weeks or so before departure and have ended up having to pay 4 times as much as I normally would have booking 2 months in advance, which is why I've always been under the impression that booking in advance is a good thing, but I guess there are many factors involved in getting the best deals.

2019 Wishlist:
  • longhairedaaron
    Oiler

by longhairedaaron » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:30 am

Combined a golf with a heavy metal vacation (yes I love both). Total of 15 days. Please note these prices are for my and my girlfriend:

Airfare and luggage fees $800
    Boutique hotel in Miami for 2 nights $750
    Cruise tickets $1900
    Cruise bill $480
    Rental car (suv) $450
    Another night in miami $380
    Golf in miami $240
    Hotel and golf in west palm beach $$1200
    Hotel and golf at bay hill in Orlando $2400
    Spending cash for the whole trip (a lot of food mostly, some trinkets and gifts, cabfare, a bit of gambling on cruise, various other things) $2600

Note these hotels were all top of the line and damn we ate good every day! What a trip! Now if I could just get my g/f to chip in :)

Total $11,200
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:03 am

8000 dollars for the 2 of us !!!

3 weeks holiday, cruising in Florida.
  • waldmensch
    Crewman

by waldmensch » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:24 am

1100 $ the cruise, deck 3
    830$ Flight
    821$ Hotel 8 days in Miami Bitch
    300 $ on the cruise, merch was 30 $...
    400 $ for the car, we shared the care, so it cots 50 $ for every person, thats cheap
    846 $ for food and drinks on 8 days on miami

it makes
    3947 $
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:06 am

$ 2320

849 for my cabin spot
    150 for hotels and hostels
    620 for return flight from Ireland
    700 on booze and food and other random crap

Extremly expensive.

With about 3000 dollars i managed to travel to 6 festivals in July last year and spent the entire month in Europe drinking every day traveling from country to country.
    Europe FTW!
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:13 am

I definitely want to get a better cabin next time.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:31 pm

sabaton wrote:8000 dollars for the 2 of us !!!

3 weeks holiday, cruising in Florida.

Damn! Welcome back buddy. I hope you both had a great last week.
    Maybe catch up soon at a gig or just have a beer? You have the number. :beerwink:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:14 pm

$5139 for everything: tix, cars, hotels, booze, spending cash etc etc for me and the lady. WELL WORTH IT! :heavydrink:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:42 pm

rhiawiz wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:cheapest days to fly are usually tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays.

Saturday is cheaper for sure (cheaper than Friday anyway).

Plus, I got to spend 2 nights in Miami. :headbanger:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Zirconia
    Crewman

by Zirconia » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Well I did get a shock when most peoples sea pass bill was one page and mine was 2! But it wasnt too bad. All in all about 2200euros done it! But wouldnt you pay that for a week in the USA or on any decent sun holiday anyway?? And most was paid well in advance of trip. :)
    2011, 2012, 2015 Survivor, BTH 2012 Survivor!!!! \m/\m/
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Mine was roughly $ 3400 including everything( cruise, flights, hotelrooms, spendingmoney,excursions, seapass, merchandise etc etc ), 3 days in Miami prior the cruise and 1 week in LA after the cruise.

Well worth the experience ! And I´ll be there nexyt year and spend some more ! :viking: :heavydrink:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 am

$2057 for a two person cabin
    A little over $300 for on broad expenses (Merch and booze for both of us)
    About $170 for our scuba adventure in Cozumel
    $30 for a cab to and from said scuba adventure

In the end, it was somewhere upwards of $2600 for us

Being that we actually live in Miami helped by cutting out that big chunk concerning airfare and such. And by the way, Miami isn't so bad, but DOWNTOWN Miami is a whole other story. I'd hate to think people were making that judgment based on that. Unless I absolutely have to go there, I avoid the downtown area like the plague (same with South Beach), which is unfortunately where most of you were staying. Shitty area with WAY overpriced hotels. I'm gonna do some research and see if I can't find something a bit better for some of you next time around.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:27 am

To be honest i didn't have my hopes up high for Miami considering things you had said about the place before we even flew over for the cruise.
    As you said it's not really a place for metalheads.
    I have to say though as shitty as the area around the port was it was still a lot better than the area i stayed along the beach after the cruise.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:55 am

Metalwrath wrote:To be honest i didn't have my hopes up high for Miami considering things you had said about the place before we even flew over for the cruise.
    As you said it's not really a place for metalheads.
    I have to say though as shitty as the area around the port was it was still a lot better than the area i stayed along the beach after the cruise.

Absolutely agree with you.

If we had our time again we would have given Miami Beach a miss and spent more time in Orlando - really loved that place.
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:22 am

I have no idea of how much I did spend. I've also brought lots of useful craps that are way expensive here. But I think it was like 15000 BRL (almost 10k USD).

Useful craps:
    Xbox 360
    Kinect
    Rock Band
    Keyboard for Rock Band
    Roland AX-09 to play live :headbanger:
    Lots of small electronics (GPS, Electronic Picture Frame, camera, cables)
    Lots of games
    Lots of clothes
    Lots of Victoria's Secret stuff
    Camping Tent
    Dive Goggles
    Liters and Liters of Booze

Ah, and a new Wardrobe to store it all. My next step is a new house also :D
    -----------------
    Zeh
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:14 am

Captain Metal wrote:$2057 for a two person cabin
    A little over $300 for on broad expenses (Merch and booze for both of us)
    About $170 for our scuba adventure in Cozumel
    $30 for a cab to and from said scuba adventure

In the end, it was somewhere upwards of $2600 for us

Being that we actually live in Miami helped by cutting out that big chunk concerning airfare and such. And by the way, Miami isn't so bad, but DOWNTOWN Miami is a whole other story. I'd hate to think people were making that judgment based on that. Unless I absolutely have to go there, I avoid the downtown area like the plague (same with South Beach), which is unfortunately where most of you were staying. Shitty area with WAY overpriced hotels. I'm gonna do some research and see if I can't find something a bit better for some of you next time around.

I rather enjoyed staying in Miami beach, but that was only because of all the metalheads stalking about. I don't think I'd ever want to go there for a proper vacation. I never paid more than $30 a night for a hotel, so there are deals there, granted a couple nights were hostels.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:58 am

My trip including
    Flight,
    Hotel in Ft Lauderdale,
    Pre-party,
    Limo there and back,
    onbroad spending (merch & drinks)
    souveneirs in Cozumel

I spent just under $2,500.00 for my self

and I honestly didnt feel like I held back because of cost and indulged in everything I wanted.....I did get 2 70,000 TOM shirts....and wold have definatley bought more if they were available.....
    so I really feel I got way more than my money's worth in "total experience" thats for sure!
    CMON 2012 announcement!!!....this week would be VERRY nice!.....Im ready to through my money at you!!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:54 pm

mcozzy wrote:400-place tickets from New York to Miami
    25-cab fare from airport
    0-hotel(had points for Marriot Biscayne Bay)
    60-drinks and appetizers at Marriot
    90-burger and beer joint in South Beach (we went to the wrong location but enjoyed the NFL play off games anyway)
    100-pre-party
    50-cab fare (we had no frickin' idea where we ere going in Miami)
    2015-cruise tickets
    863-on board charges(100 duty free, 90 in merch)
    120-at Margarita ville in Cozumel
    40-cab fare in Cozumel
    75-crap in Cozumel
    60-cab fare day we got into port
    0-hotel(more free points for Marriot)
    50-burger and beer joint(correct location this time!)
    70-more drinks and sushi
    25-cab fare to Miami airport

Total damages=3558 (we will do it again!!)

Hey??? don't I know you?? :D
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 pm

$1250 for a three bed cabin

$400 for gas, food and booze on the way to miami

$50 for booze at the pre party

$300 for booze onbroad

$100 for booze and "party favors" in mejico

barely skimmed by on $300 for gas, food and booze on the way home

total of $2400 for myself
    next year I fly
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:04 am

Hrmm, by the looks of this thread, some people were spending wayyyyy more than I thought even possible on this!

I think I'll just budget the exact same amount next year... with a cheaper cabin and more booze! :cool:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:40 am

mooyagi wrote: Actually looking to make a trip to Boston in early April, myself for the Red Sox home opener versus the Yankees. I think Kevin should come for that trip :lol:

I've always wanted to go to a game at Fenway. If you have access to free room-n-broad and can actually get tickets let me know.

MDF in May an then the next cruise are taking up a lion's share of my budget. Not to mention 10 year wedding anniversary right before Xmas.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Locked 89 posts