Locked 98 posts
has anyone actually paid a dime for their tickets yet?
  • Horns High
    Oiler

has anyone actually paid a dime for their tickets yet?

by Horns High » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 pm

They still haven't taken a payment from my credit card,just wondering if anyone else has paid?
  • KK Cruiser
    Petty Officer

Re: has anyone actually paid a dime for their tickets yet?

by KK Cruiser » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Yeah, I paid in full when I made the booking a few weeks ago, But I heard they had problems with their payment server?
  • aussiestu
    Crewman

by aussiestu » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:25 pm

As long as the cabin is booked (which it is :D ) then they can take as long as they want to process the payment!! :givebeer:
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:39 pm

I dont think this will answer your question as my circumstances are different.

I Pre-booked, paid in full but was not charged. had credit card authorization, but I have a special request to be near a mate so I was not charged yet due to my cabin may move. But I have my Confirmation #
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:01 am

Several hundred people actually already did. :)

However, since we had ongoing technical trouble with our payment processor, we decided to switch to a new provider. Unfortunately this process is taking much longer then we expected and were promised.

Those of you that we could not charge for the booking yet, please be patient until we have this matter resolved. We will contact you directly once it actually is to process your payment. In the meantime all those bookings are locked in and save.

Please apologize for any inconvenience.
  • Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:34 am

I paid my cabin by bank transfer, so I never had that problem. :viking:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:28 am

Andy wrote:Several hundred people actually already did. :)

However, since we had ongoing technical trouble with our payment processor, we decided to switch to a new provider. Unfortunately this process is taking much longer then we expected and were promised.

Those of you that we could not charge for the booking yet, please be patient until we have this matter resolved. We will contact you directly once it actually is to process your payment. In the meantime all those bookings are locked in and save.

Please apologize for any inconvenience.

Well for the people who chose the 4 payments option this is kind of going to fuck them over seeming as the 2nd payment is due next week or the week after right?
    A lot of people have creidt card limits that may not be able to cover 50% of the payment in one month and if they were unable to be charged for the 1st payment this is going to cause serious problems.
    It's not about them having the money thats the concern the concern is them being able to make the payment deadline.

I suggest in the interest of good business that you provide people in this situation a longer deadline for the second payment or move their payment schdeule around to accomdate it still being an 8 month period in which to make all 4 payments.
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:38 am

I paid in full for our cabins via a wire transfer so our bank account immediately showed the withdrawal. I'm being patient, but a receipt of some sort would definitely make me feel a little better because it has been a couple of weeks now. But I am sure all is well.

A few weeks ago I was tripping balls thinking I wasn't going to be able to purchase a ticket at all due to availability, so for now I am just rolling with the whole experience.

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:04 am

Metalwrath: We are aware of that problem. People that are on the payment plan and are in that situation will have the due date for the 2nd payment moved by one month. The passengers in question will receive detailed information about this by personal e-mail from our ticketing department within the next days. Even tough we did not cause this fuck up, it is totally on our end and no single customer will be forced into a situation that he/she will be fucked over by this.

Again my personal apologies to anyone that is inconvenienced by this.

CharleneThrashes: After payments are received in our account the bank takes several days until they actually report the payment details including the name of who payed to us. Why this information is not immediately available when the funds are credited, I don't know. I wish I would. Since it was Easter long week-end here that can add another few days. We are all at the mercy of these banks. Unfortunately.
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:29 am

i did a bank transfer and its all over i can forget about it all :)
    they have recieved it no worrries
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:51 am

Andy:
    Thanks for letting us know what is up. I was being patient, but now I can completely relax. Still doesn't make sense that the bank doesn't give you any info at the time of transfer but I'll just go with the flow. Here's hoping things go smoother soon on your end because I can't imagine all the paperwork and phone calls involved handling people like us. :beerwink:

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:28 am

Well thank you for clearing this up. I have not said anything publicly (on my Facebook I did) but I was out of the blue laid off last Tuesday and so having another month to pay the 2nd installment is really really nice.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    JayBlue
    Wiper

by JayBlue » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:48 am

I am on the 4 payments plan (via bank transfer as they said they had problems with the credit card payment system). Haven't received any confirmation after the 1st payment, although it was done more than 1 month ago! (banks usually issue monthly statements of accounts if not online banking, so I really don't understand why can't they at least say they've received the money... oh well)... Anyway, the 2nd payment is due next week, but no sign of any invoice... I've "only" asked like 10 times about it (phone, email, messages) - complete silence. I hope everything is ok and my cabin is still booked (!!!). Hmm...strange...
    70000 Tons of Metal 2011 Survivor
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Nice to see an update on the matter. Thank you.

Even though I'm using credit card and doing the payment plan, having to pay for 50% by 04/15/10 wouldn't affect me.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:34 pm

WOW, JUST WOW...
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    SonataFanGirl
    Oiler

by SonataFanGirl » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:17 pm

I've paid by Bank Transfer. However still haven't had an email confirming the payment. Just hope I did the transfer right.
    'For Heavy Metal We Will Die'
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:22 pm

You will. They are just running behind a little because of the payment issue with the credit cards. I pre booked and got my confirmation the same day that I booked. Quite a lengthy confirmation. Their rules, the ship rules and a lot of other useful information. :)
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:51 am

Me and my cabinmate found another guy to share the cabin with, so we were waiting for him to call the office and tell them his info. Our cabin is booked, and we had 2 confirmations already. Because the office hasn't been able to answer the phone, he left several messages, but today he told me he could finally talk to them, so we just have to call back and agree in which day we will be paying. We'll do the 4 payments, and apparently for what I can read here, we'll probably do it by bank transferation. Although the bank will take some time to confirm they got the money, at least I know I am 75% away for that cabin to be completely mine :headbanger:

See you all in cabin # 3563!!! :twisted:
    SonataFanGirl
    Oiler

by SonataFanGirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:54 am

SonataFanGirl wrote:I've paid by Bank Transfer. However still haven't had an email confirming the payment. Just hope I did the transfer right.

just got the email to state the payment made it. :metalguy:

all i did to do know is pay the april payment, luckly I only have four days til my student loan comes through :D
    'For Heavy Metal We Will Die'
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:13 pm

SonataFanGirl wrote:
    SonataFanGirl wrote:I've paid by Bank Transfer. However still haven't had an email confirming the payment. Just hope I did the transfer right.

just got the email to state the payment made it. :metalguy:

all i did to do know is pay the april payment, luckly I only have four days til my student loan comes through :D

Oh, crap... I almost forgot about my student loan u.u" :cry:
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:44 pm

I"m pretty safe either way. I'm pretty sure my credit card limit is quite high, but thanks for looking after those of us with credit cards!
    Much appreciated. I would have paid in full in the beginning but I wasn't aware you could. Oh well. It's all good regardless.
    Blacktophat
    Crewman

by Blacktophat » Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Done and Done :heavydrink:
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Thu May 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Done.
    CsarG
    Oiler

by CsarG » Tue May 11, 2010 1:04 pm

I have a question, is there a problem if I pay from another bank account that is not mine? I don't have a bank account and I haven't made my payment since I dont know if it is gonna be registered if it has the name of another person o.o

Does someone know if this affect? This is the first time I do a bank-to-bank transfer so I honestly dunno how this works :/
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Tue May 11, 2010 1:38 pm

CsarG wrote:I have a question, is there a problem if I pay from another bank account that is not mine? I don't have a bank account and I haven't made my payment since I dont know if it is gonna be registered if it has the name of another person o.o

Does someone know if this affect? This is the first time I do a bank-to-bank transfer so I honestly dunno how this works :/

Your situation is nothing new. We had several cases where other people (friends, relatives, parents) paid for the actual passenger(s). Make sure your name and booking code is in the payment description of the bank transfer. If you have any other questions or concerns about this matter please contact our hotline +1 604 298 8667 or send an eMail to info@umcruises.com
    CsarG
    Oiler

by CsarG » Tue May 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Andy wrote:Your situation is nothing new. We had several cases where other people (friends, relatives, parents) paid for the actual passenger(s). Make sure your name and booking code is in the payment description of the bank transfer. If you have any other questions or concerns about this matter please contact our hotline +1 604 298 8667 or send an eMail to info@umcruises.com

Alright :) Cool thx a lot for the quick response Andy! I will make sure it has my name and code on it.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:17 pm

YES.......I paid exactly ONE dime....I wonder when they want the rest? ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri May 14, 2010 11:31 am

2nd payment is due Tomorrow!

I wonder if we can call today to make the payment?
  • VikingGirl
    Crewman

by VikingGirl » Fri May 14, 2010 11:40 am

They said they'd send a reminder on e-mail. Guessing since May 15th falls on a Saturday, and I haven't received the notice yet, I guess Monday will be the day... Another $1124! :cry: Definetely worth it tho!!! :P I sure am happy I'm getting a huge tax refund, and extra holiday pay from work in June :cheers:
    Eva

Cabin #1570
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri May 14, 2010 12:28 pm

I've been calling and leaving messages for the last few days... no one has gotten back to me. Usually they are very quick in replying..
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri May 14, 2010 12:41 pm

So what do we do? Just wait until they post something and/or email us?
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri May 14, 2010 12:44 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:So what do we do? Just wait until they post something and/or email us?

Well, you're close to their office (relatively), I say you go storm the gates and demand that they take our money! :viking:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri May 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Not too sure.
    I just left them another message.. I'm trying to swtch our group to a three person room from a four person (one guy dropped out) and time is very much of the essence (apparently there are only three or four rooms for three people left that are relatively cheap).
    *Fingers crossed* for a callback soon..

Please check out my band

Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Fri May 14, 2010 12:57 pm

I asked to pay the whole thing in full,but there was a problem with the whole credit card thing(as you might know)but when that was in order they called me up and the thing was settled.

But then there was a problem with my credit card and I had to phone them back a few days later,and it took a couple of tries but I got through and it all worked out fine.

So i guess patience is the word...
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri May 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:So what do we do? Just wait until they post something and/or email us?

Well, you're close to their office (relatively), I say you go storm the gates and demand that they take our money! :viking:

Shore Slayer lives in their backyard, (relatively), lets get Shore Slayerr! he will do anything! :lol:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri May 14, 2010 1:02 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:

Shore Slayer lives in their backyard, (relatively), lets get Shore Slayerr! he will do anything! :lol:

Agree, I am sure he is reading it right now... oh wait, he's not logged on. WHAT A PATHETIC LOOOOOOSER. What else could he possibly be doing besides cruzing the forum... f'ing wiper... :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri May 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Maybe if we yell loud enough he'll show up.

ROB!

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!

GO GET THOSE GUYS TO ANSWER THE PHONE!

Please check out my band

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri May 14, 2010 1:24 pm

hahahhaah you guys fucking rule.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:56 pm

viathyn wrote:Maybe if we yell loud enough he'll show up.

ROB!

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!

GO GET THOSE GUYS TO ANSWER THE PHONE!

DOOO DA DEEEE.....Im sorry....but the number you have reached, has been disconnected, or is no longer in service....
    If you feel you have reached this recording in error...please hang up....and try your call again....message A Z bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri May 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Damn it!
    haha.

My brother is in Vancouver for the weekend.. maybe I'll call him and make him go visit these guys

Please check out my band

Locked 98 posts