Locked 227 posts
More Extreme Metal for 2012
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: More Extreme Metal for 2012

by KevinP » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:38 pm

debborah1 wrote:I have Never seen Type O Negative....but I AM type O Negative ;)

Damn it's been awhile but I remember seeing them a few times during the Slow Deep & Hard tour. They seemed to get lumped onto the death metal bills in NYC since they were from the local area. Same with White Zombie. Saw them like 5X before they ever got big and I always wondered "why is this band playing on a death metal package"? But they were from the area, so even if Morbid Angel, Sepultura, Obituary came to town, you ended up seeing them as well.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:25 pm

KevinP wrote:Not half bad. Though she could run a brush through her hair so it didn't look so "trailer trashy" :lol:

I wasn't comparing them visually, it was talent-wise. :P

And her hair isn't that bad. Just because you don't have any and you're jealous. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Evican wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Not half bad. Though she could run a brush through her hair so it didn't look so "trailer trashy" :lol:

I wasn't comparing them visually, it was talent-wise. :P

And her hair isn't that bad. Just because you don't have any and you're jealous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I care about their "talent" :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I USED TO have long hair "back in the day" believe it or not. They didn't have digital camera back then, so I don't have pictures online.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:37 pm

KevinP wrote:Like I care about their "talent" :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I USED TO have long hair "back in the day" believe it or not. They didn't have digital camera back then, so I don't have pictures online.

I feel some photo-shopping coming on. Where's Rhia when you need her?! :lol: :lol:

I can't imagine you with long hair. But we can always bring a wig for you next year. :P
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Evican wrote:I can't imagine you with long hair. But we can always bring a wig for you next year. :P

I'm sure it would look shocking for those who are used to my bald look, which is really only a new thing for the past 3+ years. I should scan a few photos and stick them on my FB page one of these days. Or everyone can have a good laugh going through my photo albums in January :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:41 am

Man, do some travelling and catch up on sleep, and I have 70000 things to catch up on... let's get to it!

@Laura: How can I forget? One of the few "real" afterparties I've ever been, on top of it being fun as hell.

@KevinP: 1 - Can't say I've heard her say anything negative about any of the bands we've seen, or any others for that matter... She does seem to like a lot of stuff!
    2 - She's just being modest, I've actually learned to carry around a case of Brawny, which usually covers it.
    3 - A gentleman never asks, and a... gentleman... never tells? :?

@EveryFairyDies: Don't hate, congratulate!

@Heabymetawhunta: Hey dude! Kinda figured hoping back on the forums and not being in lurk mode would produce some connections. Just FYI, that night, I apparently left the lights on and killed the battery, then got hosed out of $20 by some random jerkwad claiming to 'run' the parking area.

General conversation additions.... that posted pic of myself was from Harpo's (Detroit) Halloween show in '07. I'd only seen'em 4 times, but that night was by far my favorite, as far as their set went (amongst other things). Watching my old roommate randomly make out with a gal dressed in Kind Diamond paint was pretty fun too!

Okay, think I'm caught up here, time to check out other threads!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:29 am

nekrobarr wrote:General conversation additions.... that posted pic of myself was from Harpo's (Detroit) Halloween show in '07. I'd only seen'em 4 times, but that night was by far my favorite, as far as their set went (amongst other things). Watching my old roommate randomly make out with a gal dressed in Kind Diamond paint was pretty fun too!

Okay, think I'm caught up here, time to check out other threads!

AWESOME!! Harpos is the SHITTIEST (yet also awesome in it's own strange way) place in the world!
    I was at the Type O show at Harpos for Halloween in '09. The last Type O show ever :cry:

Any time you feel like risking your vehicle / life / whatever at Harpos, I'm down. Destruction is playing there on Saturday May 7th! Maybe we can convince Laura to come since she's never been to Detroit. Let alone Harpos.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:31 am

Bentz! wrote:The last Type O show ever :cry:

:cry:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:19 am

nekrobarr wrote:@KevinP: 1 - Can't say I've heard her say anything negative about any of the bands we've seen, or any others for that matter... She does seem to like a lot of stuff!
    2 - She's just being modest, I've actually learned to carry around a case of Brawny, which usually covers it.
    3 - A gentleman never asks, and a... gentleman... never tells? :?

Thanks. Please make sure to keep us updated on all of her "antics" as it's always good fodder my comedy routine ;) :lol: ;)
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:23 am

Evican wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Like I care about their "talent" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel some photo-shopping coming on. Where's Rhia when you need her?! :lol: :lol:

I can't imagine you with long hair. But we can always bring a wig for you next year. :P

Looking good there Kev: :P
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:26 am

you know, minus the facial hair, that look wasn't too far off from reality. :lol: :lol: :lol: :beerwink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:38 am

This one too? : :lol:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:39 am

Omg hahahahahahahaha, I almost just spit soda all over my keyboard :lol: :lol:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:44 am

When I start listening to a steady diet of power metal, then and only then will the 2nd hairdo apply :lol: :heavydrink: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Now those are some quality pictures! :heavydrink:
    Have a good time...all the time.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:17 pm

I am so pleased with those pics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:48 pm

Ravenlord wrote:This one too? : :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Nice work!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:14 pm

The guy who started this thread had no idea what he was getting himself into.

p.s. If I get bored, I might do some more... any requests? :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Ravenlord wrote:The guy who started this thread had no idea what he was getting himself into.

p.s. If I get bored, I might do some more... any requests? :lol:

dude, very nice work. kev looks LOVELY with his long locks! you even picked out a nice color for him.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:34 pm

what if Kevin secretly got perms, or always wanted curly hair?

for a more formal look, here's an up-do:

2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:37 pm

My God....ur killn me over here :lol: :lol:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:59 pm

holy crap! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Disturbing (in a good way) to say the least :beerwink: :lol: :beerwink:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Dude, run a brush through that shit. You look like trailer trash. Not half bad, though.

ragnaröks_roller
    Chief Petty Officer

by ragnaröks_roller » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:22 pm

KevinP wrote:Disturbing (in a good way) to say the least :beerwink: :lol: :beerwink:

You wanna see disturbing? When this was lookin' at me half way thru my editing job I was disturbed. :lol:

Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Kevin, you kinda look like Kid Rock in that pic.
    I do have to say, OH MY GOD! :heavydrink:
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:26 pm

That me clarify. In the prior pic you kinda look like Kid Rock.
    Not in the Transgender pic.
    Far too horrifing for me.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:39 pm

So Kevin - I'M IN ORLANDO for my flight layover - where the heck r u? Where's my welcome wagon??? :evil:

Oh, I see you've been busy trying out new hairdos while I was flying down here!

2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:04 pm

tyrwoman wrote:So Kevin - I'M IN ORLANDO for my flight layover - where the heck r u? Where's my welcome wagon??? :evil:

u should have told me about that, would have swung by :cry:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:05 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:Dude, run a brush through that shit. You look like trailer trash. Not half bad, though.

:lol: Brilliant :lol:

And it's still more manly than a power metal outfit :deathmetal: :death: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    deadrose
    Petty Officer

by deadrose » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:39 pm

gnoff wrote:Plan is to bring Swedish sweets to Cali and post them, so unless I forget you'll get your treats :cheers:

Any chance I could beg for anything salmiak? Impossibly hard to find around here!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:45 am

On every fucking festival forum i always see this shit posted.There's not enough extreme metal blah blah blah.
    Reality is that there are a lot more people who prefer Heavy and power metal and heavy rock than any of these 'Extreme' genres.
    Thats why the lineup for this years cruise was that way and i'm pretty sure it'll be the same for next year.
    Just learn to fucking deal with it and don't start bitching.

If you have a lot more extreme bands playing on the cruise i can guarantee a lot less Europeans wanting to bother going on the cruise ;)
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:18 pm

ragnaröks_roller wrote:Dude, run a brush through that shit. You look like trailer trash. Not half bad, though.

Image Image

Totally the best way to start off a Monday morning!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Metalwrath wrote:On every fucking festival forum i always see this shit posted.There's not enough extreme metal blah blah blah.
    Reality is that there are a lot more people who prefer Heavy and power metal and heavy rock than any of these 'Extreme' genres.
    Thats why the lineup for this years cruise was that way and i'm pretty sure it'll be the same for next year.

If you have a lot more extreme bands playing on the cruise i can guarantee a lot less Europeans wanting to bother going on the cruise ;)

LESS IRISH = MORE BETTER :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:12 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:On every fucking festival forum i always see this shit posted.There's not enough extreme metal blah blah blah.

But we account the vast majority of alcohol sales. Without us the ship might not run out of beer... and run out of power metal :D
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

But we account the vast majority of alcohol sales. Without us the ship might not run out of beer... and run out of power metal :D

And that would be... Terrible? :lol:
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

I think I matched you in booze sales good sir. And I think the all you can drink package will ensure the runnings out of booze... as for the power metal I was hoping it ran out last year
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:20 am

Ravenlord wrote:But we account the vast majority of alcohol sales. Without us the ship might not run out of beer... and run out of power metal :D

we need to give them acid hits and have them sleep for 2 days like peter. WIN/WIN/WIN :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:42 am

Use stronger tranquilizers next time, obviously they were only 50% effective this year :lol:
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 pm

EveryFairyDies wrote:I would classify Cripper as more death metal, because of the vocals. I'm a vocally-orientated person, and I can easily get turned aside from certain bands based solely on their vocals. Whenever someone asks me what kind of music/metal I like, I always say "I don't mind death/black metal, but I can't listen to a lot of it for very long, and I would listen to a lot more if I could get just the instrumental version."

There is no way that you classify a band by it's genre due to vocals. Saying this would be taking a 100% death metal band that has clean vocals and classifying them as "rock" or "pop" based solely on the vocals and completely disregarding the MUSIC. Bit stupid if you ask me. Cripper is Thrash but have vocals that lend themselves to death metal.
Locked 227 posts