Locked 20 posts Page 1 of 1
South Florida Metal
  • southfloridametal
    Wiper

South Florida Metal

by southfloridametal » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Hey guys, I know its early in the year, but I felt a need to create a group to try and keep people that are coming from all over the world for the cruise that might be interested in area shows going on before and after the event next year. Anyone is welcome to join, in addition to shows, there will be info on local bands and our Scene, yes we do have one belive it or not!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk= ... 05997&ap=1
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: South Florida Metal

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Pfft, what good bands have ever come from south florida? Oh wait, tonnes have.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • southfloridametal
    Wiper

by southfloridametal » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:37 pm

how bout Accept, amon Amarth, Keep of kalessin, belphagor, hate and thats just in the next week and a half
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:43 pm

I think you misread. He said "from".

Still, that's a nice upcoming gigs list...

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Stained Class wrote:Pfft, what good bands have ever come from south florida? Oh wait, tonnes have.

southfloridametal wrote:how bout Accept, amon Amarth, Keep of kalessin, belphagor, hate and thats just in the next week and a half

Sarcasm man, South Florida has one of the best metal scenes in the world. :mrgreen:

Also I meant from, as in originated. So Iced Earth, Death, plenty more that I can't name off the top of my head.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    enigma42
    Oiler

by enigma42 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Don't forget Savatage was from Tampa!

Had no idea that Iced Earth originated in Florida though, weird....been listening to them for 15+ years...
    2012 - Cabin 3509
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Tampa Bay, not sure whether or not it qualifies as "south" florida. If it does then Kamelot is on that list too.
    Obituary...
    Morbid Angel...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • southfloridametal
    Wiper

by southfloridametal » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Melovolent Creation is from here, kinda sick of them, hes allways at the shows though, nice guy.

Iron Maidens here on Sat too. Niko lives here
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Yeah, I met the GM that Niko hired for rock n roll ribs, he told me he always throws giant pre parties whenever Maiden is in Miami/ Fort Laudie. That place was awesome, definitely making a return visit next year.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • southfloridametal
    Wiper

by southfloridametal » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Ya Nikos holdin somethin there friday, rumors have it Bruce is gonna show up, but they pulled the same thing last time they were here and he didnt show up.

On another note, Sabaton was with Accept last sunday, and I was talkin to the lead singer about the whole "throw me into the pool" thing he did, i asked if they were gonna be on it next year, He told me they werent looking to have the same bands as this year.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:55 pm

Stained Class wrote:Morbid Angel...

Well North Carolina if you want to be uber technical. Event though they are associated with the Tampa scene.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:17 am

Mmmmm.... Florida Death Metal!

*drools*
    I made the Devil do it.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:23 am

Believe me, most people on the forums already have an idea about the scene around here, just from the Pre-Party alone. Now that was a good night!

Always good to keep people apprised when the time comes.

And no, Tampa doesn't qualify as South Florida. That's central Florida, but still, Florida has cranked out a healthy amount of quality bands over the years. Too bad the scene around here ain't what it used to be. But, we work with what we've got.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:33 am

Stained Class wrote:Yeah, I met the GM that Niko hired for rock n roll ribs, he told me he always throws giant pre parties whenever Maiden is in Miami/ Fort Laudie. That place was awesome, definitely making a return visit next year.

Agreed, food was fantastic and loved the maiden memorabilia :headbanger:

Captain Metal wrote:Believe me, most people on the forums already have an idea about the scene around here, just from the Pre-Party alone. Now that was a good night!

It was a killer night!! There really isn't enough that I and everyone else that attended can say for a thank you on arranging that one! Think you're going to do it again next year?
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:43 am

Unless Andy and company want to arrange something of their own officially, then yes, I will absolutely do it again. I've already been thinking about what the lineup might be, but I'll worry about that when the time comes.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:35 pm

NASTY FUCKIN SAVAGE IS FROM FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :death: :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    King VVV
    Wiper

by King VVV » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 am

Great Idea! - Having moved from the Bay Area after 7 years I can say that currently SFLA has seen more metal bands over the last year.
    I have seen Nile, Exodus, Kreator, As I lay dying, Lamb of God, Kataklysm, Ex Deo, Testament, and others. The major metal venue in SF - The Warfield has booked Yanni!

SFLA's year round warm weather sees many tours as most bands who r touring during winter come thru.

Check out the Culture Room or Revolution Live, this is definitely worth getting behind if you are traveling to Miami!!
  • southfloridametal
    Wiper

by southfloridametal » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Thx for the vote of confidance man! Just trying to make ppl aware of the shows if thier coming into town

Are u going to Selpultura (not going to see them) or Amon Amarth?
    King VVV
    Wiper

by King VVV » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm

HI

Actually I'll be back in SF for a visit - PU Medical MM, family and MOST IMPORTANT:

Seeing DESTRUCTION!!!!
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 am

I will most certainly be at the Belphegor/Hate/Keep Of Kalessin/Neuraxis/Bonded By Blood show (Headlined by Sepultura. Bleah!)

Amon Amarth is also a no-brainer for me :viking:

Then on May 18th, Symphony X comes to town. All three of these being at the Culture Room, as is usually the case.

Also, I'll likely be setting up a show for Hellwitch after they finish their tour of the northeast, so figure around end of May/early June. It's been a few years since they've played a show around here, so keep an eye out for that.

July brings Children Of Bodom/Devin Townsend/Septicflesh/Obscura at Revolution

And that's really about it for the moment.
Locked 20 posts Page 1 of 1