Post Reply 7521 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Our Canadian Scouting Party Has Been Attacked!

by last_candle » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:56 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    last_candle wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:To each their own, but next people will start saying they don't listen to the guitars.

I don't care much for the bass :|
    [sorry, Rhia ;) ]

I didn't either until I started properly using it when writing songs. Now I have quite an appreciation for good basslines. It adds a new dimension to a song.

good for you - it's just that I don't really hear the bass "consciously" in 90% of the songs
    but I'm kinda glad I don't hear and realize too much
    I just don't hear things like "Wuthering Heights use too many E cords" or "almost every first verse of Running wild starts a quint higher than the guitar"
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:14 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Yeah, I know you never claimed it. I just actually DO see you as very well-informed about metal so I applied the term to ya on my own. Your opinions may be full of holes from time to time but your knowledge is relatively upper shelf :P

Flattery may get you an actual seat (as opposed to the rear bumper) :lol: :headbanger: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:02 am

I don't think I've actually posted about the Annihilator announcement yet but...

FINALLY ONE OF MY WISHLIST BANDS! ABOUT DAMN TIME AND THANK YOUUUUU UMC!

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:40 am

Here is the problem with putting too much importance on the quality of lyrics,
    if you discount a song for bad lyrics then so many good songs will end up in the trash can.
    I am a big Venom fan but am not in to satanism, if the lyrics bothered me I couldn't listen to half of the Venom songs.

BTW my Annihilator painting is now posted in the heavy metal art thread. :shred:
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:24 am

STACH100 wrote:Here is the problem with putting too much importance on the quality of lyrics,
    if you discount a song for bad lyrics then so many good songs will end up in the trash can.
    I am a big Venom fan but am not in to satanism, if the lyrics bothered me I couldn't listen to half of the Venom songs.

BTW my Annihilator painting is now posted in the heavy metal art thread. :shred:

like i said, i normally don't care, but the lyrics have to be terrible for me to care. like Cannibal Corpse's!

nice painting BTW. you freaking rule! i want an airbrushed jean jacket of a wizard beast. how much would that cost? $$$ :D :D :D
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:16 pm

WizardBeast we will talk on the Majesty.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:20 pm

STACH100 wrote:WizardBeast we will talk on the Majesty.

awesome! :D
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:38 pm

STACH100 wrote:I am a big Venom fan but am not in to satanism, if the lyrics bothered me I couldn't listen to half of the Venom songs.

That's just it dude, "if the lyrics bothered me". I'm not into religion at all and I can dig me some Venom, although I don't think I have purchased more than 2 of their albums. Most "christian" metal to me sucks balls. Cant think of one I like actually. Probably cuz most of them sound like power metal.
    Power metal may have cool riffs and nice arrangements but generally speaking, I think for many of us who quit listening to that stuff years ago never returned because of the themes associated with it. The lyrics bother me and no matter how new it is, it still sounds old. Fortunately there are plenty of groups for us to enjoy.
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:54 pm

kjaxin wrote:Most "christian" metal to me sucks balls. Cant think of one I like actually. Probably cuz most of them sound like power metal.

A bit o' heavy christian(ish?) shit for your listening pleasure...

Psalm 9 with lyrics :headbanger: :shred: :metalguy: :bmhorns:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:13 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    kjaxin wrote:Most "christian" metal to me sucks balls. Cant think of one I like actually. Probably cuz most of them sound like power metal.

A bit o' heavy christian(ish?) shit for your listening pleasure...

Psalm 9 with lyrics :headbanger: :shred: :metalguy: :bmhorns:

Living Sacrifice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGxgaks5wGQ (from their thrash era 1991)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H77QNzCk5e0 (from their death metal era 1994)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo8lmAnikwo (from their tech metal era 2000)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENOdrve_2Uk (current sound 2010)
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:14 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:A bit o' heavy christian(ish?) shit for your listening pleasure...

I like it. Has a nice doom flavor :beerwink: .
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:16 pm

kjaxin I have 11 Venom cds. I know they use the satanic thing to sell cd's, I heard Cronos say so in an interview many years ago.
    I find many of the lyrics funny, but either way the music is so strong it just does not matter!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Yeah, it bugs the hell out of me that people bag Christian Metal, think christian metal = Stryper.

Well it DOESN'T.

Let me rattle off a few:

Sacrament
    Living Sacrfice
    Believer
    Vengeance Rising
    Soul Embraced
    Tourniquet
    Mortification
    Seventh Angel
    Trouble

Huge props to you Moxie for sharing the Living Sacrifice love. Those guys are epic - they lose brownie points for also being members of Evanescence but you gotta pay the bills somehow :P

There are also quite a few modern metal/core bands that some people don't even realise are 'christian' - Demon Hunter, Becoming The Archetype, and As I Lay Dying, to name a few.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:19 pm

I don't care if it is Christian metal, Hindu metal, Muslim metal, Hebrew metal, Voodoo metal, or just plain metal, if it rocks I'm listening,
    if it doesn't I don't. Oh shit did I forget some other sect's metal?
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Well said Stach.

And how could I forget Deliverance. A bit speedier and less heavy than those I listed, but damn they were good.

Since its xmas, their cover of Silent Night:

Deliverance - Silent Night

And some tracks for the bands I listed earlier:
    Deliverance - Weapons of our Warfare
    Soul Embraced - My Tourniquet (later covered by Evanescence)
    Tourniquet - Ark of Suffering
    Believer - Extraction from Mortality
    Mortification - Scrolls of the Megaloth
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Huge props to you Moxie for sharing the Living Sacrifice love. Those guys are epic - they lose brownie points for also being members of Evanescence but you gotta pay the bills somehow :P

damnit, I had actually forgotten about that link existing... thanks a lot for reminding me, ugh :bitch:
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:06 pm

KevinP wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Yeah, I know you never claimed it. I just actually DO see you as very well-informed about metal so I applied the term to ya on my own. Your opinions may be full of holes from time to time but your knowledge is relatively upper shelf :P

Flattery may get you an actual seat (as opposed to the rear bumper) :lol: :headbanger: :lol:

Nobody wants to be near your rear bumper :shock:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Well said Stach.

And how could I forget Deliverance. A bit speedier and less heavy than those I listed, but damn they were good.

Mortification - Scrolls of the Megaloth

I like Mortification out of the bunch.

You left out August Burns Red... Not a fan myself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RGpAvWqctQ
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:34 pm

I loves me some old school Mortification. I must admit I haven't listened to much post-1995 (Primitive Rhythm Machine).

I eagerly await the next Tourniquet album - Ted Kirkpatrick is one of the best drummers in the world.

Anyway, onto other things, since Andy's return from his hiatus in parts-unknown, we've had announcements

Tuesday 6.25am Pretty Maids
    Friday 2.15pm Venom
    Monday 7.00pm Exciter
    Friday 11.30am Annihilator

So will the pattern continue of an announcement at the start of the week and one at the end of the week?

Oh and also, CAN WE HAVE SOME MORE GERMAN BANDS??!!?? 2011had eight, 2012 so far only has 3.

So to make it up to eight for 2012, please add Running Wild, Edguy, Accept, Van Canto and Powerwolf :smash:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:19 pm

STACH100 wrote:I don't care if it is Christian metal, Hindu metal, Muslim metal, Hebrew metal, Voodoo metal, or just plain metal, if it rocks I'm listening,
    if it doesn't I don't. Oh shit did I forget some other sect's metal?

There is also Faith Factor who has Ski on vocals ( or did ) rumor has it he was second in the "find a replacement" for Halford behind Ripper. Yes, even ahead of cry baby Scheepers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa45ejZFITE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6b6K4rg ... re=related
    Last edited by cycosurgeon on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Oh and also, CAN WE HAVE SOME MORE GERMAN BANDS??!!?? 2011had eight, 2012 so far only has 3.

Amen brother!
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:29 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So to make it up to eight for 2012, please add Running Wild, Edguy, Accept, Van Canto and Powerwolf :smash:

I approve of all five!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:39 pm

German bands, gimme Night In Gales

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:51 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:German bands, gimme Night In Gales

German bands , Gimme Accept,Running Wild, helloween,Kreator and Edguy
    :headbanger: :headbanger:
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
  • Keuf
    Petty Officer

by Keuf » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:43 pm

I am also waiting for more german bands among these : Doro, Accept, Helloween and last but not least KREATOR !!!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:05 am

Can't wait to see what UMC got us for Xmas!

"We got you the most brutal birthday present of all... NOTHING!"

Pretty sure we will get something this week at least.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:09 am

STACH100 wrote:kjaxin I have 11 Venom cds. I know they use the satanic thing to sell cd's, I heard Cronos say so in an interview many years ago.
    I find many of the lyrics funny, but either way the music is so strong it just does not matter!

Thanks for reminding me of what a great album Cast In Stone is! :deathhorns:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 am

So it's been 3 days since the last announcement, so another today?
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:13 am

EvilDan wrote:So it's been 3 days since the last announcement, so another today?

Hopefully!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:37 am

Last year it was December 23rd when we got a triple announcement which brought the total up to 38. So I think 2 announcements are realistic this week.

Although, regardless of it being christmas, it wasn't a huge announcement. If there is something surprising in store, this week would be the perfect time for it!
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:57 am

Ravenlord wrote:Can't wait to see what UMC got us for Xmas!

King Diamond this Friday or Monday with a remark about "No More Presents"
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:06 am

KevinP wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Can't wait to see what UMC got us for Xmas!

King Diamond this Friday or Monday with a remark about "No More Presents"

Not so sure about that... I was on the KD/MF forums a few days ago. There was a discussion about a rumored show in Costa Rica next year some time. Their manager came on and said that it was untrue as they had no shows currently booked. But he did confirm that they will be booking shows soon enough. He didn't specify if they were MF or KD shows, but I'm assuming it'll be MF.

But then again, since UMC seem to have discovered non disclosure agreements, who knows?...
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:09 am

Ravenlord wrote:Not so sure about that... I was on the KD/MF forums a few days ago. There was a discussion about a rumored show in Costa Rica next year some time. Their manager came on and said that it was untrue as they had no shows currently booked. But he did confirm that they will be booking shows soon enough. He didn't specify if they were MF or KD shows, but I'm assuming it'll be MF.

But then again, since UMC seem to have discovered non disclosure agreements, who knows?...

Yeah I've seem the same response from him as well to requests about things previously. Not sure if they are just playing things close to the vest or actually true. We'll see :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:56 am

cowboy71 wrote:Oh and also, CAN WE HAVE SOME MORE GERMAN BANDS??!!?? 2011had eight, 2012 so far only has 3.
    So to make it up to eight for 2012, please add Running Wild, Edguy, Accept, Van Canto and Powerwolf :smash:

Edguy and Accept would be nice and fitting
    I'd also love to see Doro or Helloween there
    Running wild you can rule out - even with months to prepare, they weren't really able to pull a great farewell show...and Rolf never really liked to travel that far...and if he doesn't get paid (enough), he doesn't really care - hey, Rw is one of my all time favorite bands...and even their worst performance is more fun than most other concerts...but it just ain't gonna happen...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:24 am

last_candle wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Oh and also, CAN WE HAVE SOME MORE GERMAN BANDS??!!?? 2011had eight, 2012 so far only has 3.

Edguy and Accept would be nice and fitting
    I'd also love to see Doro or Helloween there
    Running wild you can rule out - even with months to prepare, they weren't really able to pull a great farewell show...and Rolf never really liked to travel that far...and if he doesn't get paid (enough), he doesn't really care - hey, Rw is one of my all time favorite bands...and even their worst performance is more fun than most other concerts...but it just ain't gonna happen...

And Powerwolf is from Romania aren't they?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:27 am

Only the frontman is Romanian. The rest are German as far as I know.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:30 am

Curses! Foiled again by statsman!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:45 am

Ravenlord wrote:Only the frontman is Romanian. The rest are German as far as I know.

...and I didn't even know that :)
    wishlist '20:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:52 am

KevinP wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:Not so sure about that... I was on the KD/MF forums a few days ago. There was a discussion about a rumored show in Costa Rica next year some time. Their manager came on and said that it was untrue as they had no shows currently booked. But he did confirm that they will be booking shows soon enough. He didn't specify if they were MF or KD shows, but I'm assuming it'll be MF.

Yeah I've seem the same response from him as well to requests about things previously. Not sure if they are just playing things close to the vest or actually true. We'll see :mrgreen:

Mentioned it briefly in the shows I'm looking forward to thread but the site I use for metal shows in New England has an entry for August with a date and location for an as yet unannounced King Diamond tour. Then again, that's August and not January.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:58 am

OK, Merciful Fate are a definite NO!:

December 19th, 2011

Hank Shermann will join Volbeat on their upcoming Gigantour.
    This is expected to be a temporary position, until Volbeat find their new permanent bandmember.
Post Reply 7521 posts