Post Reply 7521 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    Liq
    Crewman

Re: 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 IS SOLD OUT!

by Liq » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:17 pm

KevinP wrote:The tops of their head all look the same. Twain sounds like a royal pain in the ass anyways.

ah such high standards. :P
    This is the life we chose, the life we lead. And there is only one guarentee... None of us will see heaven.
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Wintersun or Hypocrisy would make many a person including myself happy. But who knows, it might be someone that noone likes. I wouldn't really care either way hahaha.

You wouldnt care either way? What if it was an Abba cover band or Kraftwerk from Germany? Still wouldn't care? :givebeer:

I'd rather see a tight ABBA cover band than almost any death or phoney folk metal band, haha. Does your mama know that you're out?
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:30 pm

sold out - ok

so now the rationale behind not announcing the last 2 bands and releasing a running order is what?

anyone..?

Bueller...?
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:32 pm

.................cricket.......cricket
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    June
    Petty Officer

by June » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Oh no it is sold out!!!! I wanted an upgrade!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Please comfort me by announcing Wintersun, Primordial, Devin Townsend, Turisas, Helloween and Within Temptation. (no I'm not asking to much at all)
    :shred:
    Bien-être: état d'esprit produit par la contemplation des ennuis d'autrui.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:38 pm

That's a great wishlist, but... yeah, it IS asking too much!

;)
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:42 pm

debborah1 wrote:.................cricket.......cricket

Sorry cricket not on. Next test doesn't start until Tuesday.

....and you being American, will have absolutely NO IDEA what I'm talking about :P :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Surt
    Crewman

by Surt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:57 pm

DISMEMBER farewell !!! :deathmetal:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:57 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

....and you being American, will have absolutely NO IDEA what I'm talking about :P :lol:

LOL....this is the only Cricket I know....
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:55 pm

2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Surt wrote:DISMEMBER farewell !!! :deathmetal:

If ever there was a hypothetical announcement that could literally make me cry....this would be it

How cool that would be
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Andy must be really burning the midnight oil getting shit sorted.

His status shows he was last online yesterday at 7.56pm, my time. Which I think is about 3am Tuesday morning, Vancouver time :shock:

Anyway, come back online Andy, give us our Within Temptation, Vader, Wintersun and Crimson Glory announcements (I'm sure I've put something in there to please most people lol) and lets get this bitch in the water!!!! :bangers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Within Temptation doesn't care about anything remotely related to metal anymore so I don't think we'll be seeing them.

Have you heard Faster? YIKES!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:00 pm

rwalters wrote:Within Temptation doesn't care about anything remotely related to metal anymore so I don't think we'll be seeing them.

Have you heard Faster? YIKES!

Have you heard Sinead???? :P More likely to find it played in a techno nightclub.

Yes I agree with you - my wife said basically the same thing to me.

Their website doesn't even call them metal ("...Within Temptation, the European rock group...")

Doesn't change the fact that I still like 'em, and still want to see 'em live :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Rayzor
    Petty Officer

by Rayzor » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Here's some wild speculation for ya...BWBK article on Warbringer touring with SymphonyX..notice a familiar break in the dates?

http://www.bravewords.com/news/176119

January
    20 – Orangevale, CA - The Boardwalk (off-date with DEATH ANGEL)
    21 – Fresno, CA – Starline (off-date with Death Angel)
    28 - Portage, IN - Camelot Hall (headlining off-date)
    30 - Richmond, VA – Kingdom (headlining off-date)
    31 - Hartford, CT - Webster Theater
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Rayzor wrote:Here's some wild speculation for ya...BWBK article on Warbringer touring with SymphonyX..notice a familiar break in the dates?

January

I'd be cool with that... Warbringer are a fun performance
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Emperor-Haggard

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

It's something to do with food, right? :lol:
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:34 pm

nekrobarr wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

It's something to do with food, right? :lol:

Welllll, the players DO have to eat.... so SURE!

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

That's fine, I hate tests anyway
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Sooooooooo ..... where's da announcement?
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Come on know...we've all been around UMC long enough to know that they will drag the announcments out till the bloody end..haha
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 pm

They're going to announce the last bands via megaphone at the port :roll:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:52 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:They're going to announce the last bands via megaphone at the port :roll:

That's waaaaay too early :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:55 pm

KevinP wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:They're going to announce the last bands via megaphone at the port :roll:

It actually could be kinda cool to have a secret band playing. Andy could hide random clues around the ship up until the performance.

Though can you imagine the crushing disappointment as we all line up outside the Chorus Line, file in, waiting to see what our big surprise is and it ends up being some shit band nobody likes? :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

It actually could be kinda cool to have a secret band playing. Andy could hide random clues around the ship up until the performance.

Though can you imagine the crushing disappointment as we all line up outside the Chorus Line, file in, waiting to see what our big surprise is and it ends up being some shit band nobody likes? :lol:

Which is why it makes no sense to drag it out this long unless it's a great band! :3drunks:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:20 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Rayzor wrote:Here's some wild speculation for ya...BWBK article on Warbringer touring with SymphonyX..notice a familiar break in the dates?

January

I would die :cheers:

even though I've already seen them 8787646498 times :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:01 am

Well, this news rules Within Temptation out:

http://www.within-temptation.com/show-b ... d-on-tour/

*shattered*

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:09 am

cowboy71 wrote:Well, this news rules Within Temptation out:

*shattered*

:cry: :cry: :cry:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:48 am

mooyagi wrote:It actually could be kinda cool to have a secret band playing. Andy could hide random clues around the ship up until the performance.

And he can put the running order right now with some legends like: "Secret band set 1", "Secret band set 2", "band 2 be announced SOON set 1", "band 2 be announced SOON set 2"
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:03 am

Memnoch wrote:

*shattered*

:lol: :cry: :lol: suck it :cry: :shock: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:09 am

Shut it, baldie.

Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:11 am

KevinP wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:

*shattered*

:lol: :cry: :lol: suck it :cry: :shock: :lol:

Less Within Temptation crap = less naptime = more metal = more better :headbanger:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017 / 2018 / 2020
    blasfemia
    Crewman

by blasfemia » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:13 am

Memnoch wrote:Shut it, baldie.

:lol: :lol:
    ...Uniporns... \m/
    deck 4 - cabin 4563
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:02 am

End Internet Censorship! Announce the final bands! =-P

Hahahah couldn't resist!
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:43 am

It would be nice if the last two bands were announced before I head off to miami on friday morning. Just sayin. If they haven't announced the last bands yet when are we going to get the running order? On the boat?
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:57 am

Jebus_Cripes wrote:It would be nice if the last two bands were announced before I head off to miami on friday morning. Just sayin. If they haven't announced the last bands yet when are we going to get the running order? On the boat?

Last year the early running order was not correct. I did not get the exact order till I was onbroad.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 am

waiting to announce the running order till we're onbroad is a FANTASTIC marketing ploy. It just adds to the excitement and is in no way stupid or annoying, it's PURE MARKETING GENIUS, I mean why would anyone want to plan out their days onbroad? That would be boring an unexciting.

you guys can lick all the UMC boots you want, I still say the delayed announcements and running order is just plain stupid, regardless of the magnitude of the final announcements.

But hey, it's the Skippers gig, and can do whatever he damn well pleases right?

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:39 am

Disaster Area wrote:you guys can lick all the UMC boots you want,

I think they are all enamored with the Toll Free number that is available. :roll: :lol: :roll:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:48 am

Disaster Area wrote:waiting to announce the running order till we're onbroad is a FANTASTIC marketing ploy. It just adds to the excitement and is in no way stupid or annoying, it's PURE MARKETING GENIUS, I mean why would anyone want to plan out their days onbroad? That would be boring an unexciting.

you guys can lick all the UMC boots you want, I still say the delayed announcements and running order is just plain stupid, regardless of the magnitude of the final announcements.

But hey, it's the Skippers gig, and can do whatever he damn well pleases right?

I dont mind the running order thing. You get on the boat way before the first band so it gives you time to grab the list and head to the bar. I had a plan for last year and I totally didnt follow it :lol: :lol:

I do find it pretty pointless not to just announce the last two bands already. Cruise is sold out, its not like the last two bands will make people buy the remaining singles...even though we were practically sold out before they really announced shit this cruise anyway.
Post Reply 7521 posts