Post Reply 7521 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
  • Keuf
    Petty Officer

Re: Time To Welcome One Of Finland's Finest!

by Keuf » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:14 am

gnoff wrote:
    Keuf wrote:I feel very unhappy with nightwish announcement... And think about cancell my trip :(

Do you hate them so much you might cancel your trip for them being on the same trip?

There's still 27 more bands to come you know.

Yes I know but i am becoming very afraid... Please Andy send me a sign ;)
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:53 am

gnoff wrote:This post is not directed to one single person or a group of persons, nor just things written on this forum, it's been built up over the years from haters against bands, running orders and other festival related planning.

I remember last year the immense choir of whining that started when Circle II Circle got signed, since "everyone" expected a super big a la Iron Maiden booking for the last band. There were some band related and other whining before that as well though.

In the end nobody seemed to bother about one, a few, half of the bands were bands they didn't want to see.

It will of course be impossible to book 40 bands that EVERYONE wants to see.
    Either you just don't like them, haven't heard of them, have recently seen them or some other reason, but isn't it like that on each and every festival you go to?

You still need time to eat, sleep, hang out and whatever.

And what about people that actually wants to see the band that you don't like, are they just stupid?

Either book the cruise and be happy about it, I have booked and will go, no matter what the last 27 bookings will be. Or you don't book it, cancel it or whatever, just plan a festival of your own and schedule the bands you want to see, then perhaps you will realize there WILL be running order issues with bands playing at the same time, people complaining their most favourite band didn't get signed or they hate a band that is playing.

To any band members that read this, don't bother about haters, the last crusie was awesome for the bands as well as the visitors, I'm sure 2012 will be the same way.

To the organizers, I'm happy you pulled off last year and that you are making it again this year, I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming cruise, unless you haven't noticed I'm addicted to this forum just to have something until we can cruise again.

To any haters of what I've just said, please begin ranting.

OK, so I've been serious enough for this month, back to creeping the spam threads again.
    (for forum addicts that read every thread and remember some of it) To any Danel out there, start spell checking, I haven't...

Disclaimer: I'm sure I've hated, whined or what not over the years, but I've never said I'm perfect (I hope not I've said it, I'd be lying)

Cheers to that, Gnoff! You're a great guy! :cheers:

I'm quite sure that most of the people just like to whine but don't really mean anything bad, sometimes it feels good to rant. But of course I think we should always try to be polite. You can always say that you don't like something without being insulting :)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    hodgy
    Crewman

by hodgy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:54 am

KevinP wrote:
    hodgy wrote:I just tried listening to Nightwish. I like to give bands a chance. I got through portions of 4 songs (FOUR!) and decided this is probably the most god-awful band I've ever heard. Am I missing something here?

Not really. That style isn't my thing either (I'm being as PC as I can here).

Why question is, does Evil Red know you listened to 4 songs? I figured she'd smack you in the back of the head 5 seconds into the first song. Kidney punch you if it wasn't turned off by 30 seconds and then take a baseball bat to your ass before the first song ended.

My next question is, ARE YOU OKAY? Do we need to call 911 ? :lol:

I'm fine, she just said "I told you they sucked."
  • Keuf
    Petty Officer

by Keuf » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:57 am

TO gnoff : just want to say I am not a hater, just ask for more various kind of METAL music, such as thrash, hard rock, Metalcore, death METAL, heavy rock etc... I find the bill enough oriented TO symphonic metal.
    I am a bit anxious because there are "only" 27 bands left... You know, I was at Hellfest (France) during 3 days and I Saw 23 bands from different origin and style. And it was Great ;)
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:10 am

Again, I am very happy about this announcement. I even know some ppl who are now trying to arrange things so they can go on the cruise as well. It all depends on what type of metal you like.
    I am sure that there will be all types of bands announced later on, probably some that I dont like. But you wont hear me whining about it. Come on, you can't say that nightwish is the same type of metal as Grave Digger or In Extremo....
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:33 am

gnoff wrote:This post is not directed to one single person or a group of persons, nor just things written on this forum, it's been built up over the years from haters against bands, running orders and other festival related planning.

I remember last year the immense choir of whining that started when Circle II Circle got signed, since "everyone" expected a super big a la Iron Maiden booking for the last band. There were some band related and other whining before that as well though.

In the end nobody seemed to bother about one, a few, half of the bands were bands they didn't want to see.

It will of course be impossible to book 40 bands that EVERYONE wants to see.
    Either you just don't like them, haven't heard of them, have recently seen them or some other reason, but isn't it like that on each and every festival you go to?

You still need time to eat, sleep, hang out and whatever.

And what about people that actually wants to see the band that you don't like, are they just stupid?

Either book the cruise and be happy about it, I have booked and will go, no matter what the last 27 bookings will be. Or you don't book it, cancel it or whatever, just plan a festival of your own and schedule the bands you want to see, then perhaps you will realize there WILL be running order issues with bands playing at the same time, people complaining their most favourite band didn't get signed or they hate a band that is playing.

To any band members that read this, don't bother about haters, the last crusie was awesome for the bands as well as the visitors, I'm sure 2012 will be the same way.

To the organizers, I'm happy you pulled off last year and that you are making it again this year, I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming cruise, unless you haven't noticed I'm addicted to this forum just to have something until we can cruise again.

To any haters of what I've just said, please begin ranting.

OK, so I've been serious enough for this month, back to creeping the spam threads again.
    (for forum addicts that read every thread and remember some of it) To any Danel out there, start spell checking, I haven't...

Disclaimer: I'm sure I've hated, whined or what not over the years, but I've never said I'm perfect (I hope not I've said it, I'd be lying)

While i can unerstand your point this is a forum and people should be allowed to voice their oppinions on these bands wheter it be they think the band sounds like a piece of shit or wheter they think the band is awesome.
    Anyway Keuf is the only one so far i've seen posting that he was goiing to cancel the cruise over the bands so far.
    Even though i hate how crap nightwish are and not many of the announcements so far are to my tastes or seemingly to the tastes of a lot of people on the forums i'm not gonna pull out of the cruise over this.

Besides i've already come to a conclusion to a list of bands and i'd say 90% of that list will more than likely be announced for the cruise so it'll work out good enough for me in the end.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:01 am

Just a note for Keuf. From the website it states that you have until October 23rd if you want to cancel your booking. I would stick around and wait until closer to that time before you decide to cancel the cruise. There may be some good announcements for you by then.

In reality, it's damn near impossible to see every band and nobody will like all 40 announcements. People are free to bitch and moan about bookings on the forum though. The cruise is very expensive and if the lineup is not to one's liking, frustration is surely allowed.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Satch
    Oiler

by Satch » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:26 am

I agree. Even if you do not like the lineup at the moment, there are still 27 bands left to announce... I'm sure there will be some heavier announcements in the future, if that is more to your liking. I don't mind Nightwish, but I do think she can get annoying after a while. Definitely wouldn't cancel my ticket over it, however. :beerwink:
    Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:36 am

KevinP wrote:
    The bands I'm interested in so far are:

My Dying Bride
    Coroner
    Moonsorrow
    Grave Digger
    Pestilence (kinda)
    Samael (kinda)

but it still trumps last year for me based on My Dying Bride & Coroner

If you like those bands, you need to add Amorphis to that list, closer to the top.
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:14 am

mooyagi wrote:People are free to bitch and moan about bookings on the forum though. The cruise is very expensive and if the lineup is not to one's liking, frustration is surely allowed.

But, of course! This is an open Internet forum and people are gonna say what they wanna say - I don't think anyone is really calling for any kind of "censorship" here.

But here's my last take on this subject - I don't want to get in arguments with people over what music they like and don't like, nor will I ever say in essence "your (pet) band sucks" because I simply find it too negative, too draining and unpleasant - but that is a reflection of my personality. Ha - reminds me Ryan that you recently wrote somewhere (if I remember correctly) that you hate Dimmu's latest Abrahadabra...well, for a brief moment I thought I'd launch into a whole "WHAT? :shock: IT'S AN OUTSTANDING album - as good or better than anything they've done over their nearly 20 year history.....all the reasons why I think so.....yadda.....yadda" - wouldn't have changed your mind now one iota, right?

As for the bands who agree to this thing - :cheers: to you. I think just about everyone can agree that the band members were really great & friendly to their fans on the maiden voyage.

As for all the cruisers, just about everyone was really friendly as well - fantastic group of people in fact!! If there had ever been the slightest hint of true "ill will" on this forum (which for the most part is non-existent here imo which is why I like it and stick around), I never felt any of that on the cruise....it was just a lot of people who are passionate music fans having an unbelievably fantastic time. Can't wait to go again!!! :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Keuf
    Petty Officer

by Keuf » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:14 am

mooyagi wrote:Just a note for Keuf. From the website it states that you have until October 23rd if you want to cancel your booking. I would stick around and wait until closer to that time before you decide to cancel the cruise. There may be some good announcements for you by then.

In reality, it's damn near impossible to see every band and nobody will like all 40 announcements. People are free to bitch and moan about bookings on the forum though. The cruise is very expensive and if the lineup is not to one's liking, frustration is surely allowed.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm talking about ! I saw the deadline of october 23rd, so I will wait until that date.

Many thanks for your encouragements ;)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:19 am

Laura wrote:Ha - reminds me Ryan that you recently wrote somewhere (if I remember correctly) that you hate Dimmu's latest Abrahadabra...well, for a brief moment I thought I'd launch into a whole "WHAT? :shock: IT'S AN OUTSTANDING album - as good or better than anything they've done over their nearly 20 year history.....all the reasons why I think so.....yadda.....yadda" - wouldn't have changed your mind now one iota, right?

:lol: Nope. Stubborn as a mule and the album still sucks :mrgreen:

:cheers:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:50 am

kjaxin wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    The bands I'm interested in so far are:

My Dying Bride
    Coroner
    Moonsorrow
    Grave Digger
    Pestilence (kinda)
    Samael (kinda)

but it still trumps last year for me based on My Dying Bride & Coroner

If you like those bands, you need to add Amorphis to that list, closer to the top.

Wake me when they do Karelian Ishtmus Part 2, then I'll be interested again :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Odgand
    Oiler

by Odgand » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:05 am

Digimortal wrote:
    Laura wrote:I wrote this on the forum fiends fb group last night....
    Am I the only personal here who actually LIKES Nightwish (with AND without Tarja)? I used to listen to Nightwish a TON, saw them 2x with Anette, saw Tarja 2x (and she did some Nightwish songs), own all their albums, own the End of an Era DVD, etc. To be honest, I got a bit burnt out on them (perhaps from overlistening), but I still think they're a great band.
    So, phoooey! A pox on all you people!!!! Lol! ;) ;) ;)

:P
    Bottom line is... You're not gonna love every band on this cruise - so what? You couldn't conceivably see every band anyway. I don't understand all the band bashing that goes on here on this forum - I really don't. I say show at least some level of respect for every band who agrees to do this thing and be so available to fans.

So fuck all the haters, the bitchers, and the moaners. ;)

P.S. To Kevin...don't MAKE me get outta this car!!!

I could not have said it any better. Its like I could have written this myself hahaha

Now it's 3 of us!! NIGHTWISH is a great band with or without Tarja (I prefer Tarja's voice, but that's what we got...). And Tuomas is a great guy and composer, and now they're on a proyect of making a movie and the soundtrack, that I hope will shut some mouths!! See you! :beerwink:
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:09 am

Is Nightwish worthy of so much debate? A good under card for an event such as this.
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:38 am

Fourth Nightwish supporter here. Annette is painful to listen to at times with stuff like Wishmaster, I suspect if they had chosen better setlists from the beginning and not exposed her weaknesses, it'd be fun. She's no problem on the new stuff. The band has never really been centered around her anyway, once they learned the lesson with Tarja. It'll be debuting a lot of new material, the guys in the band are all sociable and friendly, and as someone said I'd rather have Nightwish fans on board than Slayer fans.

It's not "undercard" though, they'd have to be a headliner. Their sales numbers and concert attendance absolutely destroy Blind Guardian and Saxon's in North America at least.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:39 am

I only care about the bands I like...what does it matter what happens at shows I don't attend to?
    okok...there's one exception I have to make: I'd be worried if bands get signed that draw douchebags (and/or too much mainstream attention)
    I know what I'm talking about - the one year Wacken let 'a certain band' play, there were skinheads all over the place and I don't have to spend my holidays in an unpleasant environment; about two year later, Wacken got a looooot of mainstream attention and that drew a lot of idiots to the festival; but I'm pretty sure Andy and his crew won't make such mistakes - and I'm really surprised that so many lack the confidence in their ability to put together another great and balanced billing

wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:40 am

Agreed. I have faith based on last year's trip. And for the record, I would loooooove Alestorm on board. New album is their best work I'd say, and they're a blast to party with.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:44 am

kjaxin wrote:Is Nightwish worthy of so much debate? A good under card for an event such as this.

Well according to Wikipedia:

Nightwish is the second-best-selling band and the third-best-selling musical entity in Finland with over 827,000 certified copies sold.[9] The group is also the most successful Finnish band abroad with more than 7 million records sold worldwide, and having collected over 60 gold and platinum awards.[

There are plenty of people who like them and they seem to be destined as a headliner, unless bigger bands gets announced. Those in the opposing camp don't even consider them an actual metal band.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:48 am

KevinP wrote:
    kjaxin wrote:Is Nightwish worthy of so much debate? A good under card for an event such as this.

Nightwish is the second-best-selling band and the third-best-selling musical entity in Finland with over 827,000 certified copies sold.[9] The group is also the most successful Finnish band abroad with more than 7 million records sold worldwide, and having collected over 60 gold and platinum awards.[

There are plenty of people who like them and they seem to be destined as a headliner, unless bigger bands gets announced. Those in the opposing camp don't even consider them an actual metal band.

Well that would make them an under card to Amorphis who reigns supreme in Finland.... :P

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/news/details/415242.amorphis-storm-the-charts.html
    Last edited by kjaxin on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:49 am

last_candle wrote:I only care about the bands I like...what does it matter what happens at shows I don't attend to?

Exactly, as long as there are 20 bands I want to see, the other 20 can be almost anyone/anything. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:52 am

kjaxin wrote:Well that would make them an under card to Amorphis who reigns supreme in Finland.... :P

If they play death metal tunes I'll be there. :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:54 am

kjaxin wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Well that would make them an under card to Amorphis who reigns supreme in Finland.... :P

Amorphis is opening for Nightwish in LA :P

Nightwish is definitely a headliner announcement. Their $250 tickets for the LA show tell me that :roll: Nightwish has much more worldwide appeal than Amorphis. Was unaware that Amorphis was bigger in their home country, though. Interesting.
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:00 pm

When I saw them in 2005 they played an extensive set that included their best songs from Tales From The Thousand Lakes, Elegy, and Tuonela. Which had long since been released. Coroner would not hold a candle to them I assure you. If Nightwish is your cup of tea drink up. I can leave that fantasy crap for drinking beer down in the bilge.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm really looking forward to this planned forum family dinner during Nightwish. Hopefully there's no conflict with a band on another stage at the time.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:06 pm

mooyagi wrote:Amorphis is opening for Nightwish in LA :P

Can you imagine Nightwish fans hearing death growls? Or does Marco ban Amorphis from playing any of those songs? You don't want people paying $250 and running out of the theater :lol:

Didn't see either headliner last time & not on this one (so far). Part of me almost wants the other headliner to be something I'm not interested in, so it's 4 less shows I have to see in the Chorus Line :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:08 pm

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Amorphis is opening for Nightwish in LA :P

Can you imagine Nightwish fans hearing death growls? Or does Marco ban Amorphis from playing any of those songs? You don't want people paying $250 and running out of the theater :lol:

Didn't see either headliner last time & not on this one (so far). Part of me almost wants the other headliner to be something I'm not interested in, so it's 4 less shows I have to see in the Chorus Line :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you not like the Chorus Line as a venue? I thought it was great.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:08 pm

mooyagi wrote:I'm really looking forward to this planned forum family dinner during Nightwish. Hopefully there's no conflict with a band on another stage at the time.

More than likely there will be another main band playing at the same time but they could end up being equally as shit :lol:
    But yeah food and beer during Nightwish sounds like a much better way to spend that time.
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:09 pm

Amorphis is opening for Nightwish in LA :P

Nightwish is definitely a headliner announcement. Their $250 tickets for the LA show tell me that :roll: Nightwish has much more worldwide appeal than Amorphis. Was unaware that Amorphis was bigger in their home country, though. Interesting.[/quote]

Skeletonwitch opened for Job for a cowboy this year. After they played JFC played an almost empty room for Cannibal Corpse holdouts. If you hit that show tell me if it was worth hanging around for.. Perhaps rich Mexicans like Nightwish???
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:10 pm

mooyagi wrote:I'm really looking forward to this planned forum family dinner during Nightwish. Hopefully there's no conflict with a band on another stage at the time.

Last time no one else played opposed to the headliner (11:30PM), so there is plenty of time to do OTHER things. Frankly that seems like a waste to me. Put a death metal or thrash band on during that time. If you like Nighwish chances are you won't mind missing a death/thrash band.

I'm not going to watch the headliner just cause no other band is playing.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Metalwrath wrote:

More than likely there will be another main band playing at the same time but they could end up being equally as shit :lol:
    But yeah food and beer during Nightwish sounds like a much better way to spend that time.

:lol: We can only hope.

By the way, are we doing fancy ass bottles of wine or going with beer for this dinner? Something tells me this will be about as organized as the forum family breakfast that only kind of happened, though it was when Kevin discovered Vegemite. What crazy foreign condiment will he discover at the dinner? :cool:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:13 pm

kjaxin wrote:Skeletonwitch opened for Job for a cowboy this year. After they played JFC played an almost empty room for Cannibal Corpse holdouts. If you hit that show tell me if it was worth hanging around for.. Perhaps rich Mexicans like Nightwish???

:lol: Not sure. I'm definitely not shelling out the cash for that show, especially for Nightwish nowadays. Guess I'll have to read the reviews.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:14 pm

Ha i never made it to that breakfast meet up
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:15 pm

mooyagi wrote:Did you not like the Chorus Line as a venue? I thought it was great.

Least favorite of all 3 definitely. I equate it to going to a stadium/arena for a concert. No intimacy, too many people, have to wait for doors to open, they kick you out immediately, just a turn off for the most part. Give me the pool deck first and Spectrum a distant 2nd. I only want to see bands in open air and small clubs (if at all possible).
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    kjaxin
    Crewman

by kjaxin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Tickets are 75 bucks in the orchestra? Hate seated venues for metal shows...
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Ha i never made it to that breakfast meet up

Yes you did. I remember you (drunkenly?) ambling by our table. I think you stopped for a couple seconds, muttered something and proceeded off to who knows where. Think that was the closest I came to meeting you :lol: :lol: :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:17 pm

mooyagi wrote:[What crazy foreign condiment will he discover at the dinner? :cool:

Metalwatch Foie Gras, it makes you drunk as soon as you eat it :cheers:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:18 pm

gnoff wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Ha i never made it to that breakfast meet up

I got there, had no idea where to find anyone, had breakfast with my mates, went to see Cripper, they were great.

Actually i saw that Cripper show.it was pretty awesome.I somehow ended up behind the stage talking to one of the guys from Cripper for ages before they went on.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:19 pm

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Did you not like the Chorus Line as a venue? I thought it was great.

Least favorite of all 3 definitely. I equate it to going to a stadium/arena for a concert. No intimacy, too many people, have to wait for doors to open, they kick you out immediately, just a turn off for the most part. Give me the pool deck first and Spectrum a distant 2nd. I only want to see bands in open air and small clubs (if at all possible).

Thought it was still plenty small compared to some places I've seen shows and for a good chunk of bands there was tons of open space. The benches were comfy if you wanted to sit down for a band too. The kicking people out immediately afterwards and having to wait for the doors was annoying though. I snuck in there doing my tour of the boat when we first got on broad while they were setting things up. For some reason I didn't get in trouble but somebody setting up got yelled at for leaving the door unlocked :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:19 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Laura wrote:Ha - reminds me Ryan that you recently wrote somewhere (if I remember correctly) that you hate Dimmu's latest Abrahadabra...well, for a brief moment I thought I'd launch into a whole "WHAT? :shock: IT'S AN OUTSTANDING album - as good or better than anything they've done over their nearly 20 year history.....all the reasons why I think so.....yadda.....yadda" - wouldn't have changed your mind now one iota, right?

:lol: Nope. Stubborn as a mule and the album still sucks :mrgreen:

I'm with you on this one... but possibly from a different angle... I actually liked them until I saw them a few times... they were so bad live I can't even force myself to listen to old songs I used to love (like "Moonchild Domain"), let alone listen to their new stuff
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
Post Reply 7521 posts