Post Reply 7521 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

Re: The Ones That Survived The Lake Of Bodom!

by cycosurgeon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Did we beat the record for the longest NOANNOUNCEMENT ever yet?
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:11 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:Did we beat the record for the longest NOANNOUNCEMENT ever yet?

No way, we had like a 43 day break over the summer didn't we?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:18 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:well except England...I just picture it as snobby America with bad food. =-P

It's not. It's a snobby America with bad food and miserable weather.

I don't really like American food either, though.
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:28 pm

GhostMemory wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:well except England...I just picture it as snobby America with bad food. =-P

It's not. It's a snobby America with bad food and miserable weather.

I don't really like American food either, though.

I have to agree with you, the best "American" food is stolen from other countries.

• NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Could be one of the unannounced bands.

Revocation has announced a five-week North American tour in support of the band's new album "Chaos of Forms." The tour will kick off in late January and include Children of Bodom, Threat Signal, and Eluveitie.

1/30 Rochester, NY @ Water Street Music Hall being the first show
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:51 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:Did we beat the record for the longest NOANNOUNCEMENT ever yet?

Not quite - currently 23 days since the Crappy Old Boredom announcement.

We had a gap of about 38 days in April/May between the initial 7 band announcement and the In Extremo/Amorphis/Moonsorrow announcement.

And it was about 40 days in July/August between the Hammerfall and God dethroned/Tankard announcement.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Looking at that it looks like we can expect at least double announcement!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:30 pm

I'm going to take a new approach to this. I woke up this morning thinking this is a fucking joke. I can't believe they haven't made an announcement yet. But ya know, last year we were all so excited and now some of us just want to get on the boat and go home. January 23 won't come any faster if all bands are announced. We will have 40 bands and we will have the time of our lives.

So UMC, you know we love you guys. Most of us anyway. :mrgreen: I know I'm not the only one who is so excited for this. Just please let us know when you get some bands booked. Have a productive and great week, and I'll look forward to an amazing holiday season, mostly thanks to you.
    Cheers! :cheers:
    :viking:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Stained Class wrote:Looking at that it looks like we can expect at least double announcement!

Most of the announcements this year have followed a pattern of - LONG WAIT, followed by either a multi announce, or multiple announcements over a short period.

Initial announcement, 40 day wait, 3 band announcement
    Hammerfall, 40 day wait, 2 band announcement
    GD/Tankard, 16 day wait, 4 bands in 4 days
    Riot, 15 day wait, Atheist and Kamelot in 3 days
    Kamelot, 16 day wait, 2 bands in 2 days

So yeah, WHEN (*thinks positively*) UMC pull their fingers out and announce something, we'll either get a multi, or several individual ones in a short timeframe.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So yeah, WHEN (*thinks positively*) UMC pull their fingers out and announce something, we'll either get a multi, or several individual ones in a short timeframe.

I think I've just managed not only to figure out this entire system of announcements that Andy and UMC have chosen to employ but where it came from!

One fine, sunny Vancouver day, many moons ago, Andy & Co are sitting around UMC offices, having a couple beer and taking cabin bookings as they came in over the phones...

Blake: Hey Andy, have you noticed the kids on the forum are calling that cowboy71 guy from Australia 'Stats Man' now?
    Andy: No I haven't. Why are they doing that?
    Blake: Oh, he's taken to charting our band announcement patterns in the hopes of predicting things like when the next name will be revealed and what sub-genre it will be n' stuff
    Andy: Oh really? Haha. Pretty funny if he could do it. Especially since we ourselves don't know half the time!
    Allison: <laughs>
    Blake: Haha yeah, no kidding eh? Weren't you just about to type out a facebook message to announce the next band?
    Andy: Well, I 'was' but... How old's your car Blake?
    Blake: 4 years old. Why?
    Andy: And how many times has this cowboy guy complained about the last announcement?
    Allison: Has to be at least 10 times so far Andy
    Andy: Okay, well 4 times 10 is 40. I think we'll hold off on the next announcement until it's been about 40 days. How's that sound?
    Blake: Sounds good to me. Want another beer boss?
    Andy: Now you're talkin'
    Allison: Either of you got a light?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:52 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:So yeah, WHEN (*thinks positively*) UMC pull their fingers out and announce something, we'll either get a multi, or several individual ones in a short timeframe.

I think I've just managed not only to figure out this entire system of announcements that Andy and UMC have chosen to employ but where it came from!

One fine, sunny Vancouver day, many moons ago, Andy & Co are sitting around UMC offices, having a couple beer and taking cabin bookings as they came in over the phones...

Blake: Hey Andy, have you noticed the kids on the forum are calling that cowboy71 guy from Australia 'Stats Man' now?
    Blake: Oh, he's taken to charting our band announcement patterns in the hopes of predicting things like when the next name will be revealed and what sub-genre it will be n' stuff
    Andy: Oh really? Haha. Pretty funny if he could do it. Especially since we ourselves don't know half the time!
    Blake: Haha yeah, no kidding eh? Weren't you just about to type out a facebook message to announce the next band?
    Andy: And how many times has this cowboy guy complained about the last announcement?
    Andy: Okay, well 4 times 10 is 40. I think we'll hold off on the next announcement until it's been about 40 days. How's that sound?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:46 pm

I imagine their office having near complete silence... but once a month one of them says "hi" to one other of them...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:02 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I think I've just managed not only to figure out this entire system of announcements that Andy and UMC have chosen to employ but where it came from!

BWAHAHAHAHA :lol:

You're probably not that far from the truth :cry:

No more stats and no more bitching from me until we get an announcement!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:16 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Sounds about right. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Getting off the topic of NOANNOUNCEMENT for a moment, I found this interview with Andy on a spanish website:

http://metaltrip.es/2011/09/12/entrevis ... -of-metal/

Relatively recent (mid september) unfortunately it doesn't really impart any new information.

And here is an English translation:

http://translate.google.com.au/translat ... 2F&act=url
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Getting off the topic of NOANNOUNCEMENT for a moment, I found this interview with Andy on a spanish website:

http://metaltrip.es/2011/09/12/entrevis ... -of-metal/

Relatively recent (mid september) unfortunately it doesn't really impart any new information.

And here is an English translation:

http://translate.google.com.au/translat ... 2F&act=url

Ooooh nice find!!

In the last edition, there were nearly fifty percent of each area, halfway between bands and Europe. Once we confirm and 40 bands playing, you'll see it will.

Actually stats man, as I'm too tired to look into this now that kind of method of 50/50 European vs American bands and how many we could have left of each could help narrow down what could be potential bands.

Also, I REALLY liked having this confirmed by Andy (not knowing if Blabbermouth was bullshitting or not about type of music on Barge):

what happens is that music is for the most extreme Metal also within, the more Thrash, Death, Speed, Black and Doom Metal and will in autumn than in winter.

:viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:00 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Actually stats man, as I'm too tired to look into this now that kind of method of 50/50 European vs American bands and how many we could have left of each could help narrow down what could be potential bands.

Ooooh I know I said I'd stop the stats until the next announcement, but for you I'll make an exception ;)

9 of the 28 announced bands are from the US:

Athiest, Pentegram, Kamelot, Riot, Virgin Steele, Cannibal Corpse, Whiplash, Overkill, Suffocation

The other 19 are all from Europe - 4 German (Pestilence, Grave Digger, In Extremo, Tankard), 5 Finland (Stratovarius, Nightwish, Amorphis, Moonsorrow, Children of Bodom), 3 Sweden (Therion, Hammerfall, Dark Funeral), 3 Switzerland (Samael, Coroner, Eluveitie) 2 UK (My Dying Bride, Alestorm), 1 Normway (Tristania) and 1 netherlands (God Dethroned).

So yeah if we were going for a true 50/50 split then that would mean 11 of the remaining bands would come from the US.

It was a bit less than 50/50 this year though - there were only 16 of the 42 from the US (Trouble, Obituary, Swashbuckle, Death Angel, Testament, Forbidden, Exodus, Fear Factory, Agent Steel, Iced Earth, Nevermore, Sanctuary, Circle II Circle, Arsis, The Abscence, Malevolent Creation)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:19 pm

I still can't believe that Canada gets the shaft from the Canadians they must be refugees who moved to Canada. No matter what Kevin says, there are some good bands from there.

• aussiestu
    Crewman

by aussiestu » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:05 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

Great work Dallas! Maybe been Canadians based in Vancouver they spend all their time watching Ice Hockey (not that there,s anything wrong with that!) Go Canucks!! :beerbang:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:52 am

cowboy71 wrote:The other 19 are all from Europe - 4 German (Pestilence, Grave Digger, In Extremo, Tankard), 5 Finland (Stratovarius, Nightwish, Amorphis, Moonsorrow, Children of Bodom), 3 Sweden (Therion, Hammerfall, Dark Funeral), 3 Switzerland (Samael, Coroner, Eluveitie) 2 UK (My Dying Bride, Alestorm), 1 Normway (Tristania) and 1 netherlands (God Dethroned).

Pestilence is and always was a Dutch band. Their bassist just happens to be from Germany (ex Obscura) :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:21 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

When I read this....I can help but hear this spoken in 1930's mobster voices....

Book the cruise see.....or we'll fit you with a pair of concrete gollashes
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:11 am

Neck-Wrecker wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

When I read this....I can help but hear this spoken in 1930's mobster voices....

While playing poker in a room with lights dimmed and a lamp hanging from the roof that's 1 meter away from the table

70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:41 am

cycosurgeon wrote:I still can't believe that Canada gets the shaft from the Canadians they must be refugees who moved to Canada. No matter what Kevin says, there are some good bands from there.

ya, like Annihilator. Bring on ANNIHILATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:52 am

Well Threat Signal is a strong rumour, they're Canadian. Devin Townsend is trying to get on. 3 Inches Of Blood too. Kataklysm was offered but turned it down.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:35 pm

When I return later, I fully expect a noannouncement.
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Stained Class wrote:Well Threat Signal is a strong rumour, they're Canadian. Devin Townsend is trying to get on. 3 Inches Of Blood too. Kataklysm was offered but turned it down.

Wow kataklysm turned it down? Mistake
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Well Threat Signal is a strong rumour, they're Canadian. Devin Townsend is trying to get on. 3 Inches Of Blood too. Kataklysm was offered but turned it down.

they were VERY afraid of getting sea-sick! 2 or 3 of them too not just one guy. they said they get horrible motion sickness. i said put on a patch or take some pills and they said there's no way. no Ex Deo either obviously.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:54 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:

they were VERY afraid of getting sea-sick! 2 or 3 of them too not just one guy. they said they get horrible motion sickness. i said put on a patch or take some pills and they said there's no way. no Ex Deo either obviously.

:cry: :cry:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:05 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:

Pathetic un-metal excuse! I too am very afraid of my sea sickness....hoping these silly wrist bands that are probably just a placebo will help me!

Josh
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:09 pm

So far there has a been a few "Thanks but No thanks" from bands, I be curious to see how many bands have said no for the two cruises.

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:47 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:Pathetic un-metal excuse! I too am very afraid of my sea sickness....hoping these silly wrist bands that are probably just a placebo will help me!

Thing about Placebo's is, they work! I'll be taking some ginger pills with me. Mythbusters -> smart!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:Pathetic un-metal excuse! I too am very afraid of my sea sickness....hoping these silly wrist bands that are probably just a placebo will help me!

Thing about Placebo's is, they work! I'll be taking some ginger pills with me. Mythbusters -> smart!

are ginger pills easy to find?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:19 pm

So the last announce was made on the 16th. And Andy was last online on the 20th. So obviously he doesn't normally just pop on, do an update and disappear. He normally lurks around.

Yet he hasn't. For about 3 weeks. That can only mean ONE thing. He's skipped the country with all our money. AMIRIGHT?

Lulled us into a false sense of security with the success of the first one, then BAM! ZOOM! OUTAHERE!

You know it makes sense.

Of course, he could just be off, maybe personally jetting around the globe visiting big name bands to convince them to do the cruise, but that's a crazy theory :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:20 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So the last announce was made on the 16th. And Andy was last online on the 20th. So obviously he doesn't normally just pop on, do an update and disappear. He normally lurks around.

Yet he hasn't. For about 3 weeks. That can only mean ONE thing. He's skipped the country with all our money. AMIRIGHT?

Lulled us into a false sense of security with the success of the first one, then BAM! ZOOM! OUTAHERE!

You know it makes sense.

Of course, he could just be off, maybe personally jetting around the globe visiting big name bands to convince them to do the cruise, but that's a crazy theory :P

i hope the mathematical odds are NOT in favor of your scenario!!!!
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Allison is online at the moment. Hopefully she isn't lurking...
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:23 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So the last announce was made on the 16th. And Andy was last online on the 20th. So obviously he doesn't normally just pop on, do an update and disappear. He normally lurks around.

You know it makes sense.

Don't give him any ideas :shock:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Other slightly less scarey option....

...a band has pulled out and he is fighting to find a suitable replacement :shock:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 pm

WizardBeast wrote:are ginger pills easy to find?

Bought these last time but never needed them. Haven't even opened them yet :lol:

So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:19 pm

This will probably be my method of dealing with sea-sickness:
    Get unbelievably drunk until I don't notice that the boat is moving. Problem solved :stagger: :lol:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:07 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This wound still hurts. AND pisses me the fuck off.

Just add blonde hair, glasses and an Amon Amarth shirt and that is exactly what I look like when I think about Kataklysm turning the cruise down. :evil:

(and for the love of Odin please don't photo shop that :lol: )
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • Post Reply 7521 posts