Post Reply 7521 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    kjaxin
    Crewman

Re: Time To Welcome One Of Finland's Finest!

by kjaxin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:39 pm

"For now, we set sail in the Gulf of Finland. Our course: West"

I hope they mean Sweden...... Opeth, Hypocrisy, and Katatonia can hop on the boat.

Good for you Nightwish fans. :beerwink:
    Bolt Thrower, Satyricon, Einherjer, Slumber, Yob, Inquisition, Unholy, Horna, Primordial, Melechesh, Goatwhore, October Tide, Rapture
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:58 pm

super excited that Nightwish are officially onbroad.

Will definitely be catching both sets, AND being sure to go to their signing session!!

REALLY looking forward to meeting them all, and totally gonna down some good old finnish vodka with Marco :headbanger:
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:09 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:You might be the only one brave enough to admit your Nightwish fandom on the forum. Facebook seems to be the safe place for Nightwish loving ;)
    And I used to like Nightwish a lot, until I got into a darker sound, so they're not my thing anymore

I'm 50 years old and LONG past worrying about what anyone thinks of me or about me. ;) :trashdrink: :headbanger: :P :cheers: :shred:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote:super excited that Nightwish are officially onbroad.

Will definitely be catching both sets, AND being sure to go to their signing session!!

REALLY looking forward to meeting them all, and totally gonna down some good old finnish vodka with Marco :headbanger:

I want to join you Dallas! :cheers: :heavydrink: Don't believe I met you last year on the cruise. Marco seems awesome :cool:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Laura wrote:I wrote this on the forum fiends fb group last night....
    Am I the only personal here who actually LIKES Nightwish (with AND without Tarja)? I used to listen to Nightwish a TON, saw them 2x with Anette, saw Tarja 2x (and she did some Nightwish songs), own all their albums, own the End of an Era DVD, etc. To be honest, I got a bit burnt out on them (perhaps from overlistening), but I still think they're a great band.
    So, phoooey! A pox on all you people!!!! Lol! ;) ;) ;)

:P
    Bottom line is... You're not gonna love every band on this cruise - so what? You couldn't conceivably see every band anyway. I don't understand all the band bashing that goes on here on this forum - I really don't. I say show at least some level of respect for every band who agrees to do this thing and be so available to fans.

So fuck all the haters, the bitchers, and the moaners. ;)

P.S. To Kevin...don't MAKE me get outta this car!!!

taters gonna tot
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:21 pm

(twiddles thumbs)

Laura you called me out when I had already posted something to contradict you and you still haven't commented. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Laura wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:super excited that Nightwish are officially onbroad.

I want to join you Dallas! :cheers: :heavydrink: Don't believe I met you last year on the cruise. Marco seems awesome :cool:

Cooool - looking forward to it ;)

I reckon the whole band will fully embrace the concept of the cruise. Those boys will be a heap of fun to drink with!!

And I really REALLY REALLY hope Tarot are added - doing a 'classic albums' type thing similar to Testament and Saxon. Doing Spell of Iron and Follow Me Into Madness in their entirety, and some of the better tracks off their other albums.
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:27 pm

KevinP wrote:(twiddles thumbs)

Laura you called me out when I had already posted something to contradict you and you still haven't commented. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Just hadn't gotten to it Bruce. ;) :P Our messages DID cross so we're cool :beerwink:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:28 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I reckon the whole band will fully embrace the concept of the cruise. Those boys will be a heap of fun to drink with!!

And I really REALLY REALLY hope Tarot are added - doing a 'classic albums' type thing similar to Testament and Saxon. Doing Spell of Iron and Follow Me Into Madness in their entirety, and some of the better tracks off their other albums.

I definitely second Tarot! They were so much fun at Progpower last year, Marco is hilarious. Only good thing about Nightwish for me is that it means theres a chance for Tarot too :D
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:38 pm

gnoff wrote:West, I'm thinking Sweden, and Hypocrisy :cheers:

it'd be great if it happened :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :metalguy:
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Laura wrote:
    KevinP wrote:(twiddles thumbs)

Just hadn't gotten to it Bruce. ;) :P Our messages DID cross so we're cool :beerwink:

Well I wasn't really worried per say as I'm confident that I could handle you quite easily if we ever "came to blows". Image But I don't want to be going all "sweet and tender" and not get my "just do".

Though I do love that you always seem to have me "on the brain" :heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:02 pm

I've said enough about Nightwish over the months. I actually like Dark Passion Play but I just can't stand Annette live. If somebody could please post a video of her singing Tarja era material where she sounds good I could be more excited for the announcement.

In the end, it's all gravy. There will be plenty more great bands and this is a very big one to announce so hopefully it'll sell some more cabins. Just hurts me a bit since they were once one of my favorites.

Ah well, the forum dinner will be awesome! :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:12 pm

mooyagi wrote:IIn the end, it's all gravy. There will be plenty more great bands and this is a very big one to announce so hopefully it'll sell some more cabins. Just hurts me a bit since they were once one of my favorites.

Are they big enough for a headliner ? I'm kinda in the dark about their popularity these days. It does seem that 90% of the people who liked the band absolutely can't stand the new singer though.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:56 pm

KevinP wrote:Are they big enough for a headliner ? I'm kinda in the dark about their popularity these days. It does seem that 90% of the people who liked the band absolutely can't stand the new singer though.
    I suspect they would be, yes. They headlined one day in Wacken 2008, and a day at Bloodstock UK 2008.
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    mcozzy
    Oiler

by mcozzy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:16 pm

I like Nightwish...so Tomnuts said to say fuck you to all you Nightwish haters...
    Survived 2011. Ready for 2012!!
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Dont like nightwish, but could someone point me in the direction of maybe a song you consider their best??? I was suprised i ended up liking Sabaton and Amon Amarth last year alot so one never knows!
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    mcozzy
    Oiler

by mcozzy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Heabymetawhunta wrote:Dont like nightwish, but could someone point me in the direction of maybe a song you consider their best??? I was suprised i ended up liking Sabaton and Amon Amarth last year alot so one never knows!

Try "The Ghost Love Score" :heavydrink:
    Survived 2011. Ready for 2012!!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:33 pm

mcozzy wrote:I like Nightwish...so Tomnuts said to say fuck you to all you Nightwish haters...

LOL... I like Nightwish a lot--- EVEN Annette!!!!!

stands behind Big Tom.... :D

They put on a great show in 08 when I saw them here.
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:41 pm

and totally gonna down some good old Finnish vodka with Marco

Start getting some practice in - The boys certainly can put vodka away!!

Dont like Nightwish, but could someone point me in the direction of maybe a song you consider their best??? I was surprised i ended up liking Sabaton and Amon Amarth last year alot so one never knows!

My favorite album is Wishmaster, although that is with Tarja.
    For Anette Dark Passion Play probably edge's out Once.

I love the band & I'm a fan of both singers but Annette should leave Tarja's songs alone.
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:46 pm

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:IIn the end, it's all gravy. There will be plenty more great bands and this is a very big one to announce so hopefully it'll sell some more cabins. Just hurts me a bit since they were once one of my favorites.

Are they big enough for a headliner ? I'm kinda in the dark about their popularity these days. It does seem that 90% of the people who liked the band absolutely can't stand the new singer though.

Definitely a headlining act, even with the newer lineup. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Passion_Play#Charts.2C_sales_and_procession

Heabymetawhunta wrote:Dont like nightwish, but could someone point me in the direction of maybe a song you consider their best??? I was suprised i ended up liking Sabaton and Amon Amarth last year alot so one never knows!

You're SOL with the Tarja era material since Annette can't perform those songs live without her voice cracking :roll:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:28 pm

mooyagi wrote:I actually like Dark Passion Play but I just can't stand Annette live. If somebody could please post a video of her singing Tarja era material where she sounds good

Could one of the current Nightwish fans please reply to this or is it just that no such footage exists?

I appreciate a fair bit of the stuff I've checked out online recently for what it is. Not my personal cup of tea but very good for that symphonic style. Century Child stuff seems the best so far.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:32 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I actually like Dark Passion Play but I just can't stand Annette live. If somebody could please post a video of her singing Tarja era material where she sounds good

Could one of the current Nightwish fans please reply to this or is it just that no such footage exists?

I appreciate a fair bit of the stuff I've checked out online recently for what it is. Not my personal cup of tea but very good for that symphonic style. Century Child stuff seems the best so far.

I've been waiting for a few years for that clip :cry: Century Child is certainly a fantastic album. I'd probably say it's my favorite, or at least tied with Wishmaster
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Slaying the Dreamer is my fave song so far (go figure)

Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Nightwish's best song is still 'The Islander'.

And Anette doesn't sing in that one. Sooooooooo. . .
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Nightwish's best song is still 'The Islander'.

And Anette doesn't sing in that one. Sooooooooo. . .

:lol: Oh I love that song. Marco is amazing. He's added so much to the band since he became part of it. Best song is totally Wishmaster though
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:24 pm

Yeah I'm excited for Nightwish. With Alestorm and Kamelot apparently being confirmed too we're running out of room for power metal type stuff. Give us prog!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Alestorm and Kamelot WHAT???? :evil: Okay, just give me Dark Fortress and Behemoth and I'll allow that. ;)

:cheers:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:35 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Alestorm and Kamelot WHAT???? :evil: Okay, just give me Dark Fortress and Behemoth and I'll allow that. ;)

Dark Fortress and Behemoth would be awesome! Alestorm has terrible vocals and Kamelot doesn't have a vocalist, please get other bands. Lots of vocals talk today :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Stained Class wrote:With Alestorm and Kamelot apparently being confirmed too ...

What's that now?

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:40 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:With Alestorm and Kamelot apparently being confirmed too ...

What's that now?

Alestorm told a forumite at a show they'd be there and somebody else from the forum knows someone from Kamelot who said Kamelot was on. At least that's the story as far as I can remember
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:44 pm

I see a few have mentioned Nightwish's The Islander - it was one of the first songs I thought of when Nightwish was announced and I posted a link on the listening thread this afternoon. In case u don't know this one which I also posted there....a real beauty ...While Your Lips are Still Red...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mlc9zv ... ata_player
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 pm

mooyagi wrote:Alestorm told a forumite at a show they'd be there and somebody else from the forum knows someone from Kamelot who said Kamelot was on. At least that's the story as far as I can remember

Unacceptable. :evil:

:givebeer:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Laura wrote:I see a few have mentioned Nightwish's The Islander - it was one of the first songs I thought of when Nightwish was announced and I posted a link on the listening thread this afternoon. In case u don't know this one which I also posted there....a real beauty ...While Your Lips are Still Red...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mlc9zv ... ata_player

I love that song! Marco is really amazing.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Passionfruit wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:Alestorm and Kamelot WHAT???? :evil: Okay, just give me Dark Fortress and Behemoth and I'll allow that. ;)

Dark Fortress and Behemoth would be awesome! Alestorm has terrible vocals and Kamelot doesn't have a vocalist, please get other bands. Lots of vocals talk today :lol:

Alestorm does has terrible vocals but it seems that UMC want to get a pirate metal band every year ... Last year it was Swashbuckle, personally i wouldnt mind if they get Running Wild bc they make awesome music and have recently released a new album that sounds very good imo

Hmm, would have to get them out of retirement. I remember going to their farewell show at Wacken 2 years ago :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:05 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

I've been waiting for a few years for that clip :cry: Century Child is certainly a fantastic album. I'd probably say it's my favorite, or at least tied with Wishmaster

These two are my favorites, too. As for Anette, I think she's OK on albums, but man, I saw some youtube clips of her butchering "she is my sin", and man, it was horrible! I do feel bad for how people pick on her, though. It's not her fault that Tarja isn't in the band anymore.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:37 pm

I don't get it though. If the fans can tell she's butchering the stuff, you'd think the band would be able to tell too and would find ways to choose only songs she's capable of or structure them to better suit her range.

Or replace/fire her :?

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:38 pm

mcozzy wrote:

Try "The Ghost Love Score" :heavydrink:

I only like 1 song, I think it is "End Of All Hope" or something close to that... not even sure why I like it, honestly, just do

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I don't get it though. If the fans can tell she's butchering the stuff, you'd think the band would be able to tell too and would find ways to choose only songs she's capable of or structure them to better suit her range.

I'd assume they'd lower the song a few notes for her..... they probably figured Dark Passion Play didn't have enough songs for a full gig? I dunno, but there are videos where she bursts into tears due to people yelling stuff at her
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 pm

KDibildox wrote:there are videos where she bursts into tears due to people yelling stuff at her

ouch :shock:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I don't get it though. If the fans can tell she's butchering the stuff, you'd think the band would be able to tell too and would find ways to choose only songs she's capable of or structure them to better suit her range.

I'm confused as to why the band even hired her? They are a huge band and surely had the pick of the litter for singers yet they pick someone that can't perform the band's old material.
  • Post Reply 7521 posts