Locked 39 posts Page 1 of 1
Question for those on the lower decks
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

Question for those on the lower decks

by Deathbringer » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:07 pm

I was on deck 6 this year and I didn't notice a huge difference between the swaying of the ship between my floor and the pool deck. I was wondering if it gets worse or better as you go further down, or if there is no real difference.

...not that it matters all too much. After one day I realized that enough alcohol counterbalanced the swaying..... or at least made it more fun.
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Question for those on the lower decks

by tmcasper » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:23 pm

Well...if you apply some simple laws of physics, the sway would get worse as you move further away from the long axis of the bow of the boat...i.e. further up the decks...sort of like if you've ever been on a merry-go-round towards the middle vs. on the outside....nevertheless...just drink copious amounts of beer/alchohol and that should even it all out :heavydrink:
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:43 pm

Right, I was thinking that might be the case.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:10 pm

I stayed on deck 3 and felt a slight swaying in the cabin, but not bad at all. I noticed it a LOT more on the pool deck, and even in the Spectrum Lounge. Other than that, I had no notice of it.
    I got "sea sick" twice when the boat was hitting the brakes (on the approach to Cozumel, and again approaching Miami) but I think the alcohol had a little to do with it. :mrgreen: I never puked though... :trashdrink:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:33 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I stayed on deck 3 and felt a slight swaying in the cabin, but not bad at all. I noticed it a LOT more on the pool deck, and even in the Spectrum Lounge. Other than that, I had no notice of it.
    I got "sea sick" twice when the boat was hitting the brakes (on the approach to Cozumel, and again approaching Miami) but I think the alcohol had a little to do with it. :mrgreen: I never puked though... :trashdrink:

dude...if you didn't puke...then you didn't get sick...don't beat yourself up :cheers: :D :D
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:39 pm

I was on deck 2 and it swayed considerably less than the pool deck did. I do remember the Windjammer (and really, the whole boat) swaying like crazy right after we left Cozumel. I agree, though,with all the drinking the whole world was spinning anyways so what's a little sway gonna do to ya?

:cheers: :party:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:00 am

I thought the swaying was fairly consistent throughout the ship, but it never affected me too much... until I got off the ship. I seriously need to find some kind of antidote to sea legs. It affected me horrifically for a whole week after the cruise.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:05 am

The trick is to get drunk enoguh that you're not quite sure wheter it's the boat or that you've just had one too many beers ;)
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:18 am

Metalwrath wrote:The trick is to get drunk enoguh that you're not quite sure wheter it's the boat or that you've just had one too many beers ;)

exactly!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:21 am

Ravenlord wrote:I thought the swaying was fairly consistent throughout the ship, but it never affected me too much... until I got off the ship. I seriously need to find some kind of antidote to sea legs. It affected me horrifically for a whole week after the cruise.

:lol: Me too! Though while walking around in Miami after the cruise I couldn't tell if it was sea legs or if I was still drunk. :beerwink:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:29 am

Well I was bumping into people and everything! Was feeling kind of sick too. After a few beers I was feeling better though...
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:31 am

Ravenlord wrote:Well I was bumping into people and everything! Was feeling kind of sick too. After a few beers I was feeling better though...

Moral of the story: Drink more beer! :cheers: :party: :givebeer:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:35 am

hmm, our hostel wouldn't let us in our room until 3pm (to finally sleep) so I may just go to a bar until then next year. Sounds like a plan!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:37 am

Ravenlord wrote:hmm, our hostel wouldn't let us in our room until 3pm (to finally sleep) so I may just go to a bar until then next year. Sounds like a plan!

That's what I did last year! Dropped my bags off in the luggage room then wandered around getting drunk until I could check in. Once checked in, I plopped down on the bed and slept for 11 hours. It was awesome.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:54 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:hmm, our hostel wouldn't let us in our room until 3pm (to finally sleep) so I may just go to a bar until then next year. Sounds like a plan!

That's what I did last year! Dropped my bags off in the luggage room then wandered around getting drunk until I could check in. Once checked in, I plopped down on the bed and slept for 11 hours. It was awesome.

Yeah, I had limited funds getting off the ship this year but that's definitely my plan for next year then. I was amazed that when I finally got into my bed I actually found it hard to sleep even though I hadn't slept the previous night and drank a fuck load. Obviously the alcohol in my body was depleted. Lesson learned!
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:03 am

Most swaying was after leaving the Ship - we swayed 4 Days through Florida till we're complety unswaying .....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Lal@ wrote:Most swaying was after leaving the Ship - we swayed 4 Days through Florida till we're complety unswaying .....

he hee....I freakin love you
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Ravenlord wrote:I thought the swaying was fairly consistent throughout the ship, but it never affected me too much... until I got off the ship. I seriously need to find some kind of antidote to sea legs. It affected me horrifically for a whole week after the cruise.

It did the same to me. I was due to go back to work two days after I got home, but just couldn't. Such a weird feeling!
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Evican wrote:

It did the same to me. I was due to go back to work two days after I got home, but just couldn't. Such a weird feeling!

We swayed for at least a week afterward!
    Showering wasn't the same for a while. I couldn't close my eyes without almost falling over!
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Yeah, it wasn't sickening but just very disorientating.
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:34 pm

We were on deck four and it NEVER stopped swaying. However, it swayed pretty good up on the Spectrum Lounge too. Advice......Drink tons of Blue Moon beer LOL
    :death: :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:38 pm

It took me like 2 weeks to get my land legs back
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:05 pm

it took me a week to feel normal on solid ground again. Man, the airport was horrible! I had had the bright idea to not sleep the last night (since I figured it was easier to not sleep, than to sleep for just an hour or two) so i was swaying and trying not to fall asleep till on the plane (in the fear of not waking up in time to broad my plane, haha). Once on the plane, dead.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:17 pm

I didn't feel a thing until early Tuesday morning in my big,twin bed room(a Penthouse really). Lying in bed, it swayed a bit..
    Then during Gamma Ray's first show. A little on the pool deck--where I spent and will spend most of my time.
    Saturday back in Miami, I felt it hard to sleep in the hotel, compounded by the world's noisiest city!!
    Like Ryan, and few times standing in the shower.. whoa..
    All in all, no ill-effects. But, then again, I'm sorta slow and don't notice much stuf... ooooo a hockey game!! ... What was I talking about??

:beerwink:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicide Angels
    metalheadtop
    Petty Officer

by metalheadtop » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:41 pm

I did not feel much swaying on the ship.

I did feel it for 2 days after I got off.
    Very funny feeling as if each foot step I took was melting into the concrete onshore.
    Survived 70000tons of Metal 2011
    Survived 2012
    BARGE TO HELL
    70000tons 2013
    70,000 tons 2014
    154,000tons 2015
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:41 pm

we swayed for a week... i think that the new yorkers who saw is swaying down the streets thought we were permanently drunk... they kept running around us in wider circles...
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:58 am

Bentz! wrote:
    Evican wrote:

Showering wasn't the same for a while.

Us too! Remember Hodgy and I were probally 2 of 3 people that didn't drink the entire time, so just randomly tipping over got pretty hilarious for the following week since there wasn't any confusion if it was from our drinks or not. :mrgreen:

The shower was definitly the worst for me, but fuck if I know why?
    I made the Devil do it.
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:29 am

For me it was worst in the Spectrum Lounge for some reason. It got to the point where I had to stop drinking at one of the shows.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:34 am

Inquisitor wrote:For me it was worst in the Spectrum Lounge for some reason. It got to the point where I had to stop drinking at one of the shows.

omg! You poor thing :shock: :lol:
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:42 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:For me it was worst in the Spectrum Lounge for some reason. It got to the point where I had to stop drinking at one of the shows.

omg! You poor thing :shock: :lol:

Quiet you!
    Mula22
    Oiler

by Mula22 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:08 am

Bentz! wrote:
    Evican wrote:

Showering wasn't the same for a while. I couldn't close my eyes without almost falling over!

Yeh it was the showering that did me in too. On the cruise I rested my head on the wall most the time but when I came off I couldn't shower without at least my hand on the wall. And looking down was terrible.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:14 am

Mula22 wrote:And looking down was terrible.

You get that too? :P :lol:

Well there's an innuendo if I ever saw one :D
    Mula22
    Oiler

by Mula22 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:55 am

Ravenlord wrote:

Sometimes u just gotta put it out there even though u know how bad it sounds :lol:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:18 am

Mula22 wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

Sometimes u just gotta put it out there even though u know how bad it sounds :lol:

:lol: thanx for the chuckle!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Ravenlord wrote:

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:45 am

it did for me too. i thought it was pretty crazy that 6 days after the cruise i still felt it!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:50 am

rhiawiz wrote:

it did for me too. i thought it was pretty crazy that 6 days after the cruise i still felt it!

Nice to know I'm not the only one :cheers:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:01 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:

Nice to know I'm not the only one :cheers:

yeah even after i felt better from that damn cruise sickness i got, i still had the spins from that ship! shit was crazy. i sure hope i dont' get the damned cruise plague again this year.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
Locked 39 posts Page 1 of 1