Locked 1009 posts
The 2012 Virtual Riot Thread if you will.
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: The 2012 Virtual Riot Thread if you will.

by KevinP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:36 am

MadameLePink wrote:That's just stupid. On me it would just have the opposite effect :lol:

You're a lost cause so I'm not gonna hammer on that nail. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:39 am

KevinP wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:That's just stupid. On me it would just have the opposite effect :lol:

You're a lost cause so I'm not gonna hammer on that nail. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That makes me feel special :heavydrink:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:47 am

Bentz! wrote:Do we get a Friday announcement or are we going to have to wait until Monday?

Damn and here I was thinking today was 08/01/11 for some dumb reason. Who knows as this point when it will come. I'd be SHOCKED and STUNNED if Vader was somehow able to coordinate the timing of an announcement with UMC. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:25 am

Bentz! wrote:Do we get a Friday announcement or are we going to have to wait until Monday?

It's a long weekend here so it will either be today or Tuesday or, of course, later :?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:37 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

It's a long weekend here so it will either be today or Tuesday or, of course, later :?

No fair! How come Canadians get a long weekend? Granted I'm not working today :D Although I'm spending most of the day trying to find job opportunities in Calgary so it feels like work just with more forum freedoms
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:40 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

So they turn off the internet in Canada on August 1st? That's one powerful holiday!
    Regardless of when the announcement gets made, it will happen next week.... or tonight.... or sometime between now and Jan 23, 2012. :mrgreen:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:49 am

:cheers: :givebeer: come on folks through us a bone
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:04 am

Bentz! wrote:So they turn off the internet in Canada on August 1st? That's one powerful holiday!

Just assuming Andy & Co will be out enjoying time off and not here posting updates but maybe they have as much life outside of 70K as I do and we'll get throughn a bone Monday after all ;)

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:06 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:So they turn off the internet in Canada on August 1st? That's one powerful holiday!

Just assuming Andy & Co will be out enjoying time off and not here posting updates but maybe they have as much life outside of 70K as I do and we'll get throughn a bone Monday after all ;)

Posting a message and updating the Facebook page takes so little effort that as a businessman I'm thinking it won't be an issue.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:14 pm

KevinP wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

Posting a message and updating the Facebook page takes so little effort that as a businessman I'm thinking it won't be an issue.

i wish UMC would hire Kevin to help get these announcements posted LOL!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:23 pm

rhiawiz wrote:i wish UMC would hire Kevin to help get these announcements posted LOL!

We'd already have the entire lineup for 2012 through 2016 and half of the following year's ;)

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:29 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    rhiawiz wrote:i wish UMC would hire Kevin to help get these announcements posted LOL!

We'd already have the entire lineup for 2012 through 2016 and half of the following year's ;)

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA! pengy! that is very true. but that would be better than the alternative - half way to Jan and less than half the bands?!?!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:18 pm

From this day forward, everyone should translate the word, "soon" into "at least 1 month from now."
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:28 pm

yeah, really. Where the hell is the webstore? :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:38 pm

There isn't that much involved in setting it up. The most work will come from having to post shirts all around the world...
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:02 am

Ravenlord wrote:There isn't that much involved in setting it up. The most work will come from having to post shirts all around the world...

To avoid all the postage thing, they could do it in a different way. People could order the shirts now and get them on the cruise :) The staff could put them in the cabins of the people that have paid for them.
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:08 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:There isn't that much involved in setting it up. The most work will come from having to post shirts all around the world...

To avoid all the postage thing, they could do it in a different way. People could order the shirts now and get them on the cruise :) The staff could put them in the cabins of the people that have paid for them.

We thought that last time. Heck, we figured we were getting "swag bags" due to all the sponsors - maybe issues to magazines, posters, stickers. But if they can't announce bands in a timely fashion I shudder to think how they would get the right "merch" to your room. My smells a total disaster :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:25 am

KevinP wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:

We thought that last time. Heck, we figured we were getting "swag bags" due to all the sponsors - maybe issues to magazines, posters, stickers. But if they can't announce bands in a timely fashion I shudder to think how they would get the right "merch" to your room. My smells a total disaster :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, those are two completely different things. If they just have a list with cabin numbers and purchased items, they could have the staff from the boat deliver them. But ok, something that seems simple and easy for us might be complicated for them ;)

Beer and bananas!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:36 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:

Well, those are two completely different things. If they just have a list with cabin numbers and purchased items, they could have the staff from the boat deliver them. But ok, something that seems simple and easy for us might be complicated for them ;)

I thought about that too. Sounds like such a simple idea. The Royal Caribbean staff delivers the crap you buy in the duty free shops so it's not like they couldn't pull it off.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:59 am

MadameLePink wrote:

Yeah, I'd thought that, too. Though for now I'm still looking for my 2011 shirt :lol: would be funny to finally get that on the 2012 cruise
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:31 am

KevinP wrote:My smells a total disaster :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't wanna say anything about it when we met. Good to know you're aware of the problem :lol:

Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:18 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KevinP wrote:My smells a total disaster :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't wanna say anything about it when we met. Good to know you're aware of the problem :lol:

You might want to invest in a new deodorant stone, if you catch my whiff. ;)
    Last edited by Bentz! on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:19 pm

mooyagi wrote:I thought about that too. Sounds like such a simple idea. The Royal Caribbean staff delivers the crap you buy in the duty free shops so it's not like they couldn't pull it off.

You're throwing UMC into the mix. Not a good idea :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Soooo, I have my pitchfork sharpened.....and my torch in the other hand. Where is everybode else?
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:49 pm

...right behind you... in the pub. :cheers:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:13 pm

I wouldn't wait for the Irish to join up. Might be a while before they get out of the pub :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Ravenlord wrote:...right behind you... in the pub. :cheers:

is this a power metal song :shock: :P :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:25 pm

Yeah... one of my favorites... but I can never remember how it ends. :P
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:14 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

No fair! How come Canadians get a long weekend? Granted I'm not working today :D Although I'm spending most of the day trying to find job opportunities in Calgary so it feels like work just with more forum freedoms

Why can't we have a long weekend?? Contrary to popluar belief, we don't do everything Amuuurrica does ya know. Go fix your broke ass country working more!

lol

How's the job search going?
    Even though yes,it is a long weekend here, I worked both yesterday and today doing Inventory-- yay me.
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:21 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:It's a long weekend here so it will either be today or Tuesday or, of course, later :?

Why can't we have a long weekend?? Contrary to popluar belief, we don't do everything Amuuurrica does ya know. Go fix your broke ass country working more!

lol

How's the job search going?
    Even though yes,it is a long weekend here, I worked both yesterday and today doing Inventory-- yay me.

This place is beyond fixing. :roll: Job search is frustrating as hell. It's hard to stand out when Canadian companies want to hire Canadians or at least people already living there. :evil:
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:26 am

70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:59 am

pablov8 wrote:Image

Yeah, that Kevin asshole, where it is :evil: :evil: :evil:

:heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 am

The last very important Annoucement from Andy in Person was that english is the official Forum Language.
    That seems to be very important, fuck about the Bands ...
    When was Hammerfall announced? I think it was last winter .....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes - 2021 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:57 am

Lala wrote:The last very important Annoucement from Andy in Person was that english is the official Forum Language.
    That seems to be very important, fuck about the Bands ...
    When was Hammerfall announced? I think it was last winter .....

I would totally accept a Stroopwafel Chef as then only announcement today. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:19 am

I had a freshly made stroopwafel last Thursday :P
    Survivor of:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:30 pm

Digimortal wrote:I had a freshly made stroopwafel last Thursday :P

Ah I want one! not the mini ones I have here
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:55 pm

I'll probably have one this thursday, and the next, and the next. There is this event in the town I work in :P
    Survivor of:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Digimortal wrote:I'll probably have one this thursday, and the next, and the next. There is this event in the town I work in :P

Nice! what town? (not that I know of that many towns in Holland :lol: )
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Its a small town called Kampen. Last Thursday and the next three are called "Kampenui(t)dagen", which attract quite some tourists.
    And every first Kamperui(t)dag there is a sort of medieval show and ppl dressed up and stuff. I like it :P
    Survivor of:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:06 pm

ok....me and Stewie are about to drink WAAAAY too many martinis (and it ain't gonna be pretty - believe me!!!!) ANNOUNCE SOME MORE BANDS DAMN-IT!!! (and this is coming from me - a generally peaceful and patient sort ;) )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
Locked 1009 posts