Locked 416 posts
What bands can be ruled out for 2012?
    cowboy71
    Commander

What bands can be ruled out for 2012?

by cowboy71 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:39 pm

So, I'm starved of band announcements. Its three weeks today since the first bands were announced!

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to keep tally of bands that can be ruled out for 2012.

I think its fairly safe that any band on 2011 will not be back, but there may be exceptions.

However, Sabaton have responded to a direct question from a veteran, to say they will not be doing it in 2012. So I guess they can kick this off.

As people find out tour dates of other bands that conflict with the Jan23-27 dates of 70000 Tons 2012, they can add them to the list.

Ruled Out for 2012:
    SABATON
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

Re: What bands can be ruled out for 2012?

by Captain Metal » Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 am

I think it's pretty certain that you can add the other 41 bands to that list from this years cruise. No other Metal festivals have consecutive repeats, so I don't see why this one would be the exception.

Also, you can add the "Big 4", Iron Maiden and Judas Priest to that list as well, for obvious reasons. Same goes for Metal Church, Running Wild and Gorefest, as they no longer exist (among others).

King Diamond would likely be another, considering how wary he is of germs and getting sick, thus affecting his voice. Being confined on a ship for 4 days wouldn't work well for someone like that. There's also his recent health problems that factor in as well.

And unless it's the Ten Masked Men, no more cover bands please. Other than that, there's not much else I can rule out at this point.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue May 10, 2011 1:55 am

Captain Metal wrote:I think it's pretty certain that you can add the other 41 bands to that list from this years cruise. No other Metal festivals have consecutive repeats, so I don't see why this one would be the exception.

I know quite a few festivals that have consecutive repeats here in Europe, so not all festivals follow the same rule. But I guess you're right about ruling those bands out anyway :)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:15 am

I concur with the big 4, and unfortunately I feel its safe to add Running Wild too as Rolf has said that he doesn't want to look back into the past.

Ruled Out for 2012:
    SABATON
    KING DIAMOND
    RUNNING WILD
    IRON MAIDEN
    JUDAS PRIEST
    METALLICA
    MEGADETH
    ANTHRAX
    SLAYER
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue May 10, 2011 2:22 am

Believe me, I'd be thrilled to be wrong about Metal Church
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue May 10, 2011 4:33 am

I think with Metalchurch they said there was some dissagreements with the band and also at the time SPV had just gone bankrupt i believe so they couldnt support their touring.

As for RunningWild i stil believe they wil be back.
    Rolf will eventualy realise that Toxic Taste is absolute wank and going nowhere and probably pull the band back for a reunion tour and a proper send off for RunningWild
    And yeah there are plenty of metal bands who have played 2 years in a row at festivals.
    And then of course there is Mambo Kurt who plays every single Wacken :lol:
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue May 10, 2011 5:10 am

Captain Metal wrote:And unless it's the Ten Masked Men, no more cover bands please. Other than that, there's not much else I can rule out at this point.

+1 :headbanger:

That would be a blast onbroad!
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 10, 2011 10:21 am

Bolt Thrower :cry:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 10, 2011 10:28 am

I think someone mentioned Cannibal Corpse are a for sure no.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Tue May 10, 2011 10:30 am

Pantera
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 10, 2011 10:31 am

Deathbringer wrote:Pantera

Aha thanks. I don't think Led Zeppelin will make it either :cry:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Tue May 10, 2011 10:45 am

well there goes my hope for frank zappa...
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Tue May 10, 2011 10:57 am

The obvious:

Van Halen
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Mötley Crüe
    Ozzy
    Black Sabbath
    Kiss
    Def Leppard
    Scorpions
    Guns N' Roses

Highly unlikely:

W.A.S.P.
    Manowar
    Motörhead
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue May 10, 2011 11:17 am

Tobbe wrote:The obvious:

Van Halen
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Mötley Crüe
    Ozzy
    Black Sabbath
    Kiss
    Def Leppard
    Scorpions
    Guns N' Roses

Highly unlikely:

W.A.S.P.
    Manowar
    Motörhead

Actually, friends of Andy's that I met at a Finntroll concert said Motorhead is pretty much a given. :D :headbanger:

Stained Class wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Tue May 10, 2011 11:38 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    Tobbe wrote:The obvious:

Van Halen
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Mötley Crüe
    Ozzy
    Black Sabbath
    Kiss
    Def Leppard
    Scorpions
    Guns N' Roses

Highly unlikely:

W.A.S.P.
    Manowar
    Motörhead

Actually, friends of Andy's that I met at a Finntroll concert said Motorhead is pretty much a given. :D :headbanger:

Stained Class wrote:

I thought Motörhead rejected the cruise because Lem didn't think he would be able to stay on the ship for four full days with fans all over him all the time.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue May 10, 2011 11:51 am

I would love to be wrong on this but I would say Behemoth can be ruled out. Even though Nergal is doing well, I can't see the band and the promoters agreeing to an event like this until they know how he can handle touring. Maybe if there is still an open spot come wintertime and their tours have been going well but I just don't see it happening.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Tobbe wrote:I thought Motörhead rejected the cruise because Lem didn't think he would be able to stay on the ship for four full days with fans all over him all the time.

Where did you hear that? The guy I talked to that Marlo is refering to said that they were in talks with Motorhead (and Megadeth), I can see him rejecting it for those reasons though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Stained Class wrote:Where did you hear that? The guy I talked to that Marlo is refering to said that they were in talks with Motorhead (and Megadeth), I can see him rejecting it for those reasons though.

Please Mustaine, in your infinite wisdom and after speaking with god, please reject the cruise. It's 2,000 dirty rotten filthy animal scumbags that don't deserve your musical genius. Amen :roll:

WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue May 10, 2011 4:54 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Where did you hear that? The guy I talked to that Marlo is refering to said that they were in talks with Motorhead (and Megadeth), I can see him rejecting it for those reasons though.

Please Mustaine, in your infinite wisdom and after speaking with god, please reject the cruise. It's 2,000 dirty rotten filthy animal scumbags that don't deserve your musical genius. Amen :roll:

Thank you Kevin. With any luck there will be a Dissection tribute band on it. Unfortunately, Rotting Christ will not be onbroad. :|

Yes, I could do without Mustaine onbroad.
    Why no Rotting Christ? They afraid of the water?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Updated list. I've put Motorhead, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer into the "highly unlikely" category.

Ruled out:
    SABATON
    KING DIAMOND
    RUNNING WILD
    IRON MAIDEN
    JUDAS PRIEST
    METALLICA
    Van Halen
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Mötley Crüe
    Ozzy
    Black Sabbath
    Kiss
    Def Leppard
    Scorpions
    Guns N' Roses
    Rotting Christ
    Behemoth
    Metal church
    Cannibal Corpse

Highly unlikely:
    ARCH ENEMY
    MEGADETH
    ANTHRAX
    SLAYER
    W.A.S.P.
    Manowar
    Motörhead

EDIT: ARCH ENEMY have dates scheduled for 20th and 21st of January 2012 in Greece so they are most likely out. They could theoretically grab a flight on the 22nd and make it to Miami in time, but it would be leaving it to the last minute so hence, Highly Unlikely.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed May 11, 2011 1:12 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Probably. I know Sakis just got his first drivers license about 2 months ago. :lol: He discretly told me they declined the offer though. But who knows, maybe I talked him into it. But once you decline, I'm sure you lose the offer. :cry:

Well that sucks :evil:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed May 11, 2011 8:44 am

Wll if Rotting Christ did decide to play on the cruise there would deffintly be no chance of Megadeth being on the same boat as them.
    Don't know if anybody remember but Dave got Rotting Christ kicked off Grasspop a few years back.
    Basically he told the promoters he would't play at Grasspop if a band like Rotting Christ were playing at the same festival as him.Something to do with his beliefs.
    Anyway Grasspop promoters were forced to kick Rotting Christ off the bill. :lol:
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed May 11, 2011 9:36 am

Metalwrath wrote:Wll if Rotting Christ did decide to play on the cruise there would deffintly be no chance of Megadeth being on the same boat as them.
    Don't know if anybody remember but Dave got Rotting Christ kicked off Grasspop a few years back.
    Basically he told the promoters he would't play at Grasspop if a band like Rotting Christ were playing at the same festival as him.Something to do with his beliefs.
    Anyway Grasspop promoters were forced to kick Rotting Christ off the bill. :lol:

And that is why Megadave and his born again self righteousness should not be onbroad.
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed May 11, 2011 9:59 am

and it is still nice to see that that tale is still roaming large... it was rather more complicated but hey... in the end dave wanted them off... awh well... still find it funny that there where way more 'bad' bands for a christian but those could stay... damn just don't think about the names...
  • FLORIDABOYS
    Petty Officer

by FLORIDABOYS » Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Cannibal Corpse is NOT ruled out. I talked to the guys the other day. They all are very interested in going on the cruise. They turned it down THIS YEAR, not 2012. I think you actually may see them on the cruise. Also, Glen Benton of Deicide told me at the Nasty Savage gig that they really WANT to go on the cruise. Did you hear that one Andy??????????????
    :death: :death:
    2011 70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor AND Permanent charter member ofthe Spectrum Lounge Metal Bums who drink Blue Moon beer

Wish List: King Diamond, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, and KING DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 11, 2011 4:48 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Probably. I know Sakis just got his first drivers license about 2 months ago. :lol: He discretly told me they declined the offer though. But who knows, maybe I talked him into it. But once you decline, I'm sure you lose the offer. :cry:

Robb stole my thunder on this as was gonna use Cannibal Corpse as an example. Heck, Stratovarious pulled out and they still got invited back.

UMC is going to book whoever is easy to work with and they fell will help sell tickets and/or who Andy personally wants involved :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • portharbor
    Crewman

by portharbor » Wed May 11, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm not sure that the majesty would be big enough to hold Glenn Benton's ego.
  • KK Cruiser
    Petty Officer

by KK Cruiser » Wed May 11, 2011 6:00 pm

I WANT MAMBO KURT!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu May 12, 2011 4:27 am

Would love to see Deicide on the cruise but the band is infamous for pulling out of tours and gigs etc the whole time.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu May 12, 2011 6:39 am

KK Cruiser wrote:I WANT MAMBO KURT!

Me too! (but didn't you intend to put this post on a wishlist thread? :P

My votes for this thread are:
    Rammstein (too big and not quite the right fit for 70k anyway)
    Behemoth (even if Nergal is doing better, don't think there's any way he'd want to be in close quarters with so many people)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:14 am

Updated list. Epica, Revamp and Mayan ruled out.

Ruled out:
    SABATON
    KING DIAMOND
    RUNNING WILD
    IRON MAIDEN
    JUDAS PRIEST
    METALLICA
    Van Halen
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Mötley Crüe
    Ozzy
    Black Sabbath
    Kiss
    Def Leppard
    Scorpions
    Guns N' Roses
    Rotting Christ
    Behemoth
    Metal church
    Cannibal Corpse
    Epica
    Revamp
    Mayan

Highly unlikely:
    ARCH ENEMY
    MEGADETH
    ANTHRAX
    SLAYER
    W.A.S.P.
    Manowar
    Motörhead
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Thu May 19, 2011 12:10 am

Ruled out: HammerFall.

Talked to them last night.
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Thu May 19, 2011 12:27 am

Metalwrath wrote:Would love to see Deicide on the cruise but the band is infamous for pulling out of tours and gigs etc the whole time.

Nice! Agreed, I'd like to see em' on the boat but if they were I am sure I'd see Glen Benton more at a craps table than onstage :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 19, 2011 3:55 am

Updated list. Hammerfall ruled out.

Ruled out:
    SABATON
    KING DIAMOND
    RUNNING WILD
    IRON MAIDEN
    JUDAS PRIEST
    METALLICA
    Van Halen
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Mötley Crüe
    Ozzy
    Black Sabbath
    Kiss
    Def Leppard
    Scorpions
    Guns N' Roses
    Rotting Christ
    Behemoth
    Metal church
    Cannibal Corpse
    Epica
    Revamp
    Mayan
    Hammerfall

Highly unlikely:
    ARCH ENEMY
    MEGADETH
    ANTHRAX
    SLAYER
    W.A.S.P.
    Manowar
    Motörhead
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu May 19, 2011 4:09 am

cowboy71 wrote:Updated list. Epica, Revamp and Mayan ruled out.

Why are ReVamp ruled out? :cry:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:43 am

Evican wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Updated list. Epica, Revamp and Mayan ruled out.

Why are ReVamp ruled out? :cry:

Michaelage stated that they asked/hounded/bugged Simone et al at the MaYaN gig and:

"and everybody can forget the revamp epica or mayan on broad chants... after friday night... no change... "

(I'm guessing he meant "no CHANCE")

So yeah *sadface*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Thu May 19, 2011 4:50 am

cowboy71 wrote:Michaelage stated that they asked/hounded/bugged Simone et al at the MaYaN gig and:

"and everybody can forget the revamp epica or mayan on broad chants... after friday night... no change... "

(I'm guessing he meant "no CHANCE")

So yeah *sadface*

But in Walter's post after that, he only said that they spoke to members of Epica and MaYan. No mention of ReVamp.

Also...

Digimortal wrote:I spoke to Floor Jansen quite a while ago, and know that they (ReVamp) would love to be on board, but they thought they were not big enough in 2011. So maybe another chance in 2012?
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:52 am

Michaelage! Where are you?

Clarrification is required :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu May 19, 2011 7:07 am

I can clarify this very easily. ReVamp isn't metal. This is a metal cruise. You can connect the dots on this one. ;)

Also, I'm sure Flor doesn't want to hear me yell: "ReVamp minus all the members" for 4 days :lol: :heavydrink: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 19, 2011 7:46 am

KevinP wrote:ReVamp isn't metal.

Ur dumb.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Locked 416 posts