Post Reply 102 posts
moneybookers
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: So, now Moneyboogers won't accept payment? WTF

by Jebus_Cripes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:31 am

Yeah moneybookers has been a big pain for me too. I can't remember what I had to do to initially increase my limit. This year my account was just locked and I had to send them scanned copies of both my id and a utility bill under my name in order to get them to unlock my account. It should not be this hard to give UMC money.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:32 am

UMC is reasonable about it though. If you talk to them they understand that moneybookers can be a pain (which makes me wonder why they use them) and will give you time to get things sorted out.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:37 am

I just did a bank transfer. Way easier. UMC pays the transfer fee just have your bank deduct the fee from the amount you owe UMC.
    Moneybookers doesn't work in Illinois, but if they did I would have had to make 3 separate payments! Crap!!!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:39 am

STACH100 wrote:I just did a bank transfer. Way easier. UMC pays the transfer fee just have your bank deduct the fee from the amount you owe UMC.
    Moneybookers doesn't work in Illinois, but if they did I would have had to make 3 separate payments! Crap!!!

I had to make 4.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:59 am

Moneyboogers has almost become a break-the-deal situation. I don't know who they are, and they are asking for copies of personal documents? WHAT THE FUCK???????

I we wind up cancelling (which I'm on the brink of doing) it will be because of Moneyboogers. FUCK THEM!!!!
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:01 am

meshuggah wrote:I'm trying to pay for this. We finally called OUR bank and they cleared the $$ for the transactions, not Moneyboogers goes to this message:

Transaction not allowed

Your outgoing transaction limit is insufficient to complete this transaction.
    To learn how to increase your transaction limits, please, visit the View limit section of your Skrill (Moneybookers) account.

WTF?????????

:evil: :bitch: :bitch:

I think I got that message last year. You have to verify your address with them (I think they mail you a code or something) or something like that and then you can finish paying.
    Or just make a bank transfer ;) Good luck!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 am

meshuggah wrote:Moneyboogers has almost become a break-the-deal situation. I don't know who they are, and they are asking for copies of personal documents? WHAT THE FUCK???????

I we wind up cancelling (which I'm on the brink of doing) it will be because of Moneyboogers. FUCK THEM!!!!

Just switch to bank transfer if you can. It's much easier and UMC will pay for the transfer fee, as mentioned. Moneybookers I think caps the amount you can make per payment, which might be what happened with you. Then you've gotta wait before you can do more. It's really dumb.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Rayzor
    Petty Officer

by Rayzor » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 am

Didn't really have any trouble with MoneyBrokers. Visa stopped the third transaction this year and I had to clear everything with their automated system before I could continue. That took about 10-15 minutes, the failed MoneyBroker transaction page was still open and I was able to just resubmit. Hopefully UMC can switch to a better system or at least a realistic limit, it should never be a problem to give people your money.
  • vaderite666
    Petty Officer

by vaderite666 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:40 pm

I had an issue with them, too. They elected to not renew some sort of businesses license in Illinois, where I am from. I know we are not the most business friendly state, but with a major city like Chicago, I never thought it would happen. Now I am stuck having to physically go to my bank to make payments as they don't allow you to do wire transfers over the phone. I'll be making quite a few trips as I am going on both cruises. I hope UMC sorts out payment alternatives soon, as it is sort of a hassle. I am so use to being able to do everything on the computer!
    In Extremo/Saltatio Mortis/Old Man's Child/Cathedral/Thrudvangar/Thulcandra/Iron Fire/Hyberia/Catamenia/Eisbrecher/Varg/Forefather/Nomans Land/Accept/Angel Witch/Ghost/Burning Saviors/Electric Wizard/Hollenthon/Kalmah/Power Wolf/Black Pyramid/Running Wild
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:32 pm

I just went to bank transfers, which is annoying since I have to go on Saturdays since I can't make it after work and then also don't get credit card points for the transactions but at least UMC are very helpful and understanding.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:44 am

It can take a few business days for it to go through. If you don't get something today maybe you can call them on Monday.
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 am

The problem is that transactions are lmited to a total of US $ 2.500 unless you have already an identified account with SkRILL and that single transactions may not exceed 1250 $. You can increase your transaction limit by having your address verified. If I knew that in advance would have gone for the bank transfer. :bitch:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:38 am

My card has a limit of over the price of the cruise, but I found out I could only pay $500 at a time. Try making smaller payments and see if that helps. Pain in the ass though. I'm guessing they just charge lower commission or something.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Metal1529
    Oiler

Worst Payment Process Ever

by Metal1529 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:18 pm

So is it just me or does 70K use the worst payment process ever? These are the steps I've had to go through so far, and I'm nowhere near done.

1. Request booking
    2. Wait for acceptance of request
    3. Pay $5030.70, but in FIVE different payments because there's a $1200 cap per payment through Skrill
    4. Make a payment, have the rest rejected because my Skrill limit is not high enough
    5. Make an account with Skrill and give them all my person info, limit still not high enough.
    6. Get asked to verify with social security number (yet more personal info), which is rejected as "invalid".
    7. Call customer service to figure out what to do, get told to wait for email.
    8. In the meantime, ask customer service how I'm supposed to pay $5030 at all, since even after verificaiton my limit will be only $5000 (over a NINETY DAY PERIOD). He says they'll -try- to raise it above that.
    8. Wait to receive email, which says to scan a bank or utility statement.
    9. Because those statements are all electronic (which Skrill doesn't accept, apparently it's more valid if my utility company printed it than if I print it from their site), and trash got taken out last night, I find myself literally crawling into the trash can to look at the few papers at the bottom in the hope one works. No luck.
    10. Find a different letter, non-statement from utility company that is hopefully acceptable.
    11. Follow email instructions to upload document? FAIL. The instructions tell me to click something that doesn't exist on my account page.
    12. Call Skrill again, and explain. Get told "Oh yeah, we don't have that feature yet for U.S. customers." So why did they tell me and email me to do this, knowing I'm in America (they verified my address)??
    13. Email statement to generic Skrill email address. I ask them how they'll be able to connect it to my account? "Oh yeah, let me make a note of your account" *facepalm*

So now I'm 13 steps into this payment, and have already given them over $1,000 and practically all my personal information, and I STILL am not verified and can't make the rest of my payments. Now I wait I guess.

The 70K cruise sounds fun and all, but unless there's a different payment mechanism next year, I am NOT doing this again, it's already taken several hours and his becoming spread over three or more days. Had they just used paypal, I would've clicked a link, typed in my password, hit confirm, and within 6 seconds been done.

Edit: Oh yeah, and they don't take my AMEX card either.

Edit: Well, another day, two more emails, and a lot of web pages to click through and forms to fill out, but I've finally made the full payment! See you all in January!
    Last edited by Metal1529 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor:
    70K 2013 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578
    70K 2014 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578

Wish list: Rhapsody of Fire, LT's Rhapsody, Heidevolk, In Extremo, Dragonforce, Seventh Wonder, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Worst Payment Process Ever

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Bank transfer is the way to go, if you can do it. Try contacting UMC about the issues and get your payment option changed. They are very good with customer service.

Please, UMC, if you can, find a new vendor for your credit card payments.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Damn! I gave up after a couple of money bookers tries and then just went with the bank transfer. Will they refund what you've already paid?
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:03 pm

The UMC brand:

make it as painful and tiring and counter intuitive PRIOR to the cruise.

Pull off a nearly flawless event.

Gotta take the good with the bad. And the initial annoyance is more than paid off in the end.

If UMC's front end ever gets running smoothly, I'm gonna be scared shitless that the boat will sink or something :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:11 pm

KevinP wrote:If UMC's front end ever gets running smoothly, I'm gonna be scared shitless that the boat will sink or something :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interesting way of looking at it :lol:
    Metal1529
    Oiler

by Metal1529 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Hah I'm glad to hear that at least their events are smooth. I was getting a little worried here...

This is my first cruise, and I hope it will be awesome. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Rhapsody getting booked though, my favorite band of all time. I know they're interested and willing, and Fabio was on the cruise last year. He must've been singing for Kamelot or something? I saw him doing karaoke on the cruise, on Youtube haha. I'll actually take either one of the two Rhapsodies, love them both. I also just got into Seventh Wonder, Tommy Karevik's band (the new singer for Kamelot), though they may not be famous enough to get on the cruise. However, their music is great, and Tommy is an excellent singer (though he does overdo the vocals a bit and his phrasing is off at times, but that may be to blame on the writing, especially his own lyrics, which are rhythmically awkward at times).

Brief update: Still no resolution from Moneybookers, though I got an email from UMC saying my payment is due "immediately". Thanks man. I did email back and linked them to this thread as an explanation.

Hey UMC: I just want you to TAKE MY MONEY. ALL OF IT. PLEASE.
    Survivor:

Wish list: Rhapsody of Fire, LT's Rhapsody, Heidevolk, In Extremo, Dragonforce, Seventh Wonder, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Metal1529 wrote:Hah I'm glad to hear that at least their events are smooth. I was getting a little worried here...

This is my first cruise, and I hope it will be awesome. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Rhapsody getting booked though, my favorite band of all time. I know they're interested and willing, and Fabio was on the cruise last year. He must've been singing for Kamelot or something? I saw him doing karaoke on the cruise, on Youtube haha. I'll actually take either one of the two Rhapsodies, love them both. I also just got into Seventh Wonder, Tommy Karevik's band (the new singer for Kamelot), though they may not be famous enough to get on the cruise. However, their music is great, and Tommy is an excellent singer (though he does overdo the vocals a bit and his phrasing is off at times, but that may be to blame on the writing, especially his own lyrics, which are rhythmically awkward at times).

Brief update: Still no resolution from Moneybookers, though I got an email from UMC saying my payment is due "immediately". Thanks man. I did email back and linked them to this thread as an explanation.

Hey UMC: I just want you to TAKE MY MONEY. ALL OF IT. PLEASE.

Hope all gets straightened up for ya, because you'll have a hell of a time on the cruise. Hanging with bands, fellow metal heads, the concerts and the shit loads of laughs you'll have aboard.
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Most everyone has had some sort of issue with this the first 2 cruises, so it doesn't phase any of the veterans :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Take the Bank Transfer and deduct the cost from the total Amount..... :3drunks:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Metal1529
    Oiler

by Metal1529 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:03 am

Lala wrote:Take the Bank Transfer and deduct the cost from the total Amount..... :3drunks:

That's a good idea! I'll see if I can call them in the morning, or maybe email them tonight!

Glad to hear others have lived through this and survived ;) I'm looking forward to the cruise, and hearing the destination (hopefully soon). I love how they give this vague description of how you'll be spending the day on this mystery island and in the 'main town', when the description was surely written before the decision for the destination was made (if it has been made at all yet).
    Survivor:

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:58 am

Every year people have issues paying with moneybookers.
    Just do bank transfers it's so much easier and as far as i know UMC cover the bank transfer fees.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:50 am

Yes. A truly excrutiatingly painful and invasive process. Bank transfer is definitely the way to go.

I can't believe this hasn't been addressed in 2 years. (Well, yes, I can believe it.)
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:04 am

Tell Skrill (Moneyboogers) to go fuck themselves as I did. Pay the remainder via bank transfer, and complain vociferously to UMC...they already know there is a problem. The more complaints they have, the more they will be compelled to use another method in the future (maybe PayPal?) and not give these scheisters at Skrill the business.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:24 am

Metal1529 wrote:(hopefully soon)

Not that s word again :lol:
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:58 am

I've booked all 3 with bank transfers. No bullshit at all. :beerwink:
    I made the Devil do it.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Evil Red wrote:I've booked all 3 with bank transfers. No bullshit at all. :beerwink:

I had bullshit with bank transfers but it was because the guy at my bank was confused with the correspondent bank
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:08 pm

It worked for me but splitting the payments into 2 (because of the $1200 limit) did cause a automatic alert from my CC company.I knew it was coming because to payments like that are a trigger for the fraud alert system.If you are hitting your credit limit ,it might cause the charge to be denied.Also sucks they lowered the limit because now more people are going to get a double fee for each what could be one transaction.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Every year people have issues paying with moneybookers.
    Just do bank transfers it's so much easier and as far as i know UMC cover the bank transfer fees.

They do. Just did the last barge and first 70k payments today. That was painful
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm lucky because last year (being my first cruise) everything went smoothly, I had no payment problems at all. In fact the only problem I had was that I paid in full because I thought their system would automatically give me the 5% discount. But it didn't. So I e-mailed UMC and requested a 5% refund, it was granted, easy as that.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:43 am

The amount of our cabin also went over their default maximum. First my account was blocked and they needed my passport and proof of address, and now I'm waiting for them to verify my bank account details. That's taking a few days already, but I assume it will work out eventually.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:11 am

I paid the first two parts of the cabin on my credit card and then got the insufficient credit on your account bullshit. I thought, ok, I have another credit card, so I'll pay the other two fourths with it. But no, seems I can't pay for more than 2000 USD. That's just stupid. They even have the Secure Mastercard thing where I have to confirm the payment from my bank's website. I'm fairly sure that's as safe as it gets, but still they use some third world security as an added nuisance.
    The nice folks at UMC of course were understanding, and I'll transfer the cash to my mom's account and she can pay for the last payments tomorrow.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Memnoch wrote:I paid the first two parts of the cabin on my credit card and then got the insufficient credit on your account bullshit. I thought, ok, I have another credit card, so I'll pay the other two fourths with it. But no, seems I can't pay for more than 2000 USD. That's just stupid. They even have the Secure Mastercard thing where I have to confirm the payment from my bank's website. I'm fairly sure that's as safe as it gets, but still they use some third world security as an added nuisance.
    The nice folks at UMC of course were understanding, and I'll transfer the cash to my mom's account and she can pay for the last payments tomorrow.

damn, that sounded like a hassle.

is mommy Vasko going to be onbroad?? did you convince her we were all nice and welcoming?
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm starting to feel your pain.

Moneybookers says card rejected by bank
    Called bank- no transactions submitted
    Tried resubmitting since bank said nothing was wrong
    Rejected
    Tried 1000 instead of 1200 to see if amount was an issue
    Rejected
    Called bank again.. transferred to fraud department who finally found transaction and cleared it
    Tried to put through since now cleared by bank
    Blocked by Moneybookers 24 hours for too many tries.

REALLY?? I hope tomorrow goes better.. for EVERYONE trying to use this shit system.
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Pamela wrote:I'm starting to feel your pain.

Moneybookers says card rejected by bank
    Called bank- no transactions submitted
    Tried resubmitting since bank said nothing was wrong
    Rejected
    Tried 1000 instead of 1200 to see if amount was an issue
    Rejected
    Called bank again.. transferred to fraud department who finally found transaction and cleared it
    Tried to put through since now cleared by bank
    Blocked by Moneybookers 24 hours for too many tries.

REALLY?? I hope tomorrow goes better.. for EVERYONE trying to use this shit system.

Hopefully once the 24 hours pass it'll go smoothly
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:04 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Hopefully once the 24 hours pass it'll go smoothly

I hope so- It'll be a relief to have that major part taken care of... then I can relax a bit :cool:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:34 pm

WizardBeast wrote:is mommy Vasko going to be onbroad?? did you convince her we were all nice and welcoming?

I think it's 50-50 chances atm. Luckily she's only met Lilla Freddi and Starka Laura, so she has no clue on what kind of Morons will be going. :lol:
    I'm going to Central Finland next week and going to have to talk it over with her. Once I book flights, she can't cancel anymore.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • DrStein
    Oiler

by DrStein » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:54 am

This payment process is absolutely horrible. After many, many tries I finally got some payments through. But then I run into a 90 days € 2000 limit, in order to increase this I have to verify the account by snailmail :cry: Four days have passed while waiting for my letter with the verification code, hopefully the letter arrives today so that I can finnish my payment.

To make these transactions even worse is that Moneybookers are making transactions i Euro, the payment is done in US Dollars and my payment is made in Swedish Kronor (SEK). This means two exchange transaction (at really lousy rates), e.g I have to pay 7.30 SEK for every USD instead of the normal exchange rate of 7.02 SEK. So when all is paid I will have paid 2728,04 USD instead of the 2623,40 USD that the cruise cost, i.e. I will have paid more than 104 USD extra just for using this method of payment. I would most certainly go for the bank transfer next year, instead of this.

I will never, NEVER, use Moneybookers again. And please UMC, change payment methods next year, or at least add another one, a user friendly one. It's my first time this year and all I heard of this cruise is how awesome it is and I'm really looking forward to it, but this method of payment is absolutely crap.