Post Reply 564 posts
things to do in miami :cheers:
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Things to do while in Miami

by Zeh » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:28 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Actually coke is darker than whisky, so the best thing to use is a 20 ounce bottle of Nestle Ice Tea....it is exactly the color of Jack. :)

There is nothing like an expert! Good idea!!

TOM CRUISE wrote:Not really, a cuba libre has a lime wedge in it. Otherwise its just a "rum '& pepsi/coke.

You're right. I forgot the lime. Question: Is there Coke/Pepsi Lime on the US?
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • Svavar
    Wiper

by Svavar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 pm

I´m gonna go to Miami Ink and have Chris Garver do a tattoo on me!
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:33 pm

I've seen it often enough, so I'm pretty damn sure you can easily find Coke w/Lime around here in just about any store.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Captain Metal wrote:I've seen it often enough, so I'm pretty damn sure you can easily find Coke w/Lime around here in just about any store.

Cool! Now I can have a real easy outdoor Cuba Libre :D
    -----------------
    Zeh
    bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:26 pm

yeh i'd be keen for a pre party.
    wheres everyone gunna stay before the trip?
    hostel? hotel?
    will be travelling solo
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Zeh wrote:Sorry.. but what is the difference between Disneyland and Disneyworld? For me it was the same :?

Oh boy, don't even get me started. LOL

Disneyland (Anaheim,CA)- oversaw by Walt Disney himself, built in the 50's, jammed packed with attractions in a small area. They built a 2nd park called California Adventure, so The Disneyland Resort consists of 2 parks and a few hotels.

Walt Disney World - Lake Buena Vista, FL- has 4 theme parks, lots more hotels, 2 water parks and it insanely HUGE compared to Disneyland. Walt Disney World's "Magic Kingdom" park is the Florida version of the "Disneyland" park, larger in size but with less attractions and less "frills" since Walt died before the park opened and wasn't able to assert his signature touch. The other main parks are: EPCOT, Disney Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM Studios) & Animal Kingdom.

I won''t bore you with any further details, but Disneyland is a few day trip, Walt Disney World is a week long trip to see everything. Easy way to remember is "a world is bigger than a land".
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:22 am

I was thinking in taking the plane to Miami and rightaway take the Cruise, and after that going back home, but this forum has given me ideas. After all, u don't go to Miami every week!
    I want to explore a little bit Miami, like the beach and do some scubadiving and kayaking and all that. But as a student, with not much money, I would like to know how can I enjoy Miami a day before and a day after the Cruise with a basic budget.
    Also, I may be by myself outside the Cruise. Are there any groups that are willing to "adopt" me for a day or two?? =P

Katia
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:19 am

kaluviva wrote:Also, I may be by myself outside the Cruise. Are there any groups that are willing to "adopt" me for a day or two?? =P

Hey Katia... I'm sure we'll all have pretty much adopted each other by the end of the trip. As for before setting sail, it sounds like many of the people just here on these boards are already making a variety of plans for stuff to do the day or days leading up to the voyage so I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding others to share in whatever interests you.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:55 pm

How's the traffic in Miami?

I live in a city with +100 KMs of jammed streets. Traffic is not a problem to me, but I would also take some vacations from it :D
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:04 pm

The traffic can get pretty out of hand during morning (7-9am) and evening (4:30-7pm) rush hour, but that's really more during the weekdays. Weekend traffic can vary, but you better be on your toes to drive around here, as it can get tricky at times.

Considering that the population of Dade County (where Miami is located) in 2007 was about 3,078,745, then you can only imagine :lol:
    Last edited by Captain Metal on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Whats the publci transport like there as i am not a driving person
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:10 pm

I'll gear me up with automatic transmission, GPS and air conditioning. Thanks for the info Captain!
    -----------------
    Zeh
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Whats the publci transport like there as i am not a driving person

I heard that taxis are more expensive than renting a car.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:16 pm

I meant busses and trains and shit like that.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Everything here is very widespread, so taking a bus would definitely require having bus schedules and routes in hand. Train wise, we have something called Metrorail that will get you around to some parts of town, depending on where you're going. there's also TriRail which services the tri-county area (Dade,Broward and Palm Beach Counties), which unless you can catch a ride with someone else, is how you might get to the venue where the pre-show is planning to be held (in Ft. Lauderdale).

Honestly I haven't used public transportation in years, so I'm not exactly an expert. And yeah, Taxis can be expensive. You might be better off renting a sub-compact car for a day or two. If they have Smart Cars, then you'd really be set fuel economy-wise
  • Jöhn&Melönius
    Crewman

by Jöhn&Melönius » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Has anyone been to Coral Castle? Is it worth finding?
  • Blastbeatorz
    Wiper

by Blastbeatorz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:49 am

Getting a tat at Love Hate tattoos and visit the mad jew Ami
    One foot blasts, George Kollias-style.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Coral castle is not really much of a castle at all and would probably be entertaining for about an hour. I went there once years ago on a school field trip and have never been back since. If you don't have a rental car, it would probably take quite awhile to get there using public transport as it's quite a bit south of Miami.
  • aussiestu
    Crewman

by aussiestu » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Day before cruise is the 2 NFL championship games. If the Miami Dolphins can make it that far & win the AFC game then they,ll qualify for the Superbowl. Which will mean the town will party bigtime. Not a Miami fan & doubt whether it will happen, but be great if it does!! :cheers:
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:41 pm

aussiestu wrote:Day before cruise is the 2 NFL championship games. If the Miami Dolphins can make it that far & win the AFC game then they,ll qualify for the Superbowl. Which will mean the town will party bigtime. Not a Miami fan & doubt whether it will happen, but be great if it does!! :cheers:

I am sure the town would party big time. :party:
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 am

I was just watching Discovery Channel "Dirty Jobs", and in this episode the guy was chasing chickens in Miami. They call it the "Chicken Busters". Is this something to do while in Miami?? :lol:

Just kidding =P But, is it true you have THAT many chickens around??
  • Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 am

I am sure some guys here will be chasing chicks in Miami (Beach)...

That's going to be really dirty... :lol: :lol: :lol: :party:
  • MissMetal
    Oiler

by MissMetal » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:52 pm

I may hit up the zoo. Someone told me they had safari adventures, but I'm not seeing anything about that on the zoo's website.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:58 am

I know that there are people here and there with Chickens, but I've never of these so called Chicken Busters. Sounds like an exageration to me :lol:

And as for the zoo, well, you cannot go on any safari's there, but you can walk around and look at the animals. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll be awake. The only safari to be had around here is Lion Country Safari, which is a few hours north, and I have never in my life been to it. You'll have to read up on that and see if it sounds like the thing to do
    Last edited by Captain Metal on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Captain Metal wrote: Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll be awake.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 am

• kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Schluckspecht666 wrote:How to pick up a chick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiJPkgu064M

Oh my effing god...!!!

Hahahahahahahaaa!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I think I peed my pants :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:09 pm

Schluckspecht666 wrote:How to pick up a chick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiJPkgu064M

LMFAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:04 pm

Zeh wrote:Hello guys and gals.

This is a simple touristic question I submit you.
    - What can I do in Miami (or Florida) before or after the cruise?

I heard of Key West being great to visit, as for Busch Gardens or Disney.

Any other ideas or recomendations?

Thanks!

Zeh

I was in the Navy back in 88-92, got stationed for 3 years in Key West. It would be a great place to visit if you have the time. Be warned, the drive down there is long and a bit sketchy. US 1 down to Key West is 2 lane most of the way, lots of crashes on that stretch of Highway. However, if you do go, Duval Street is wall to wall bars (known as the Duval Crawl, I did it more times than I can count, or remember for that matter). At the far end there are a couple popular bars, Rick's and Durty Harry's (Google search shows them to both still be in business) Rick's was always and probably still is a dance club, but Durty's was a killer Rock bar, small stinky and packed with metal heads and rockers every weekend. They pulled in great bands (mostly cover but some original) from all over the country. I had killer times there and would go back in a heartbeat. In any case, it's worht the trip down, but if you go, hop a plane and rent a car (or moped) in Key West and skip the drive down. http://www.ricksanddurtyharrys.com/?page_id=22
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:15 am

One thing I would advise to people who have never been to Miami but who are planning to check things out all around the city before or after the cruise... leave yourself plenty of time to get wherever it is you are going! Traffic can be a friggin' nightmare depending on time of day and which direction you are headed. I am sure it has been said elsewhere, but things are pretty spread apart and not easily accessed with public transportation or cabs ($$$$).

I am sure there are plenty of other cities with worse traffic, but having lived in Miami off and on for 11 years and still traveling there twice a week for work, I know how maddening it could be!

And one suggestion for places to check out there is Vicaya Museum and Gardens (http://www.vizcayamuseum.org). Just a cool mansion and gardens to wander around and a portion of the first Ace Ventura was filmed there! "Excuse me sir, but do you have a mint? Perhaps some Binaca?"
    Have a good time...all the time.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:19 am

junkhead13 wrote: a portion of the first Ace Ventura was filmed there! "Excuse me sir, but do you have a mint? Perhaps some Binaca?"

Ace reference reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdY0NMDqYQ there is a funny tip 'o the hat to Ace somewhere in the middle of this ridiculous video. :heavydrink:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 am

Disaster Area wrote: Ace reference reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdY0NMDqYQ there is a funny tip 'o the hat to Ace somewhere in the middle of this ridiculous video. :heavydrink:

hehe that was great. Semper Pie!
    Have a good time...all the time.
  • Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:02 pm

:? :? :? ... I think I need another beer... :givebeer:
    BlackToothGrin
    Crewman

by BlackToothGrin » Mon May 17, 2010 4:41 pm

oh my :|
    HitemHard
    Oiler

by HitemHard » Mon May 17, 2010 4:47 pm

Boardwalk, beer, bikinis :cheers:
  • kaluviva
    Petty Officer

by kaluviva » Tue May 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Wouldn't be a great idea if the residents of Miami in this forum gives us, the foreigners, a tour of the city before or after the Cruise?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Wed May 19, 2010 9:15 pm

Love to know where some of you are stayin the day before the cruise.... common motel/hotel would be cool! :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • ida
    Crewman

by ida » Sun May 23, 2010 3:44 pm

While in Miami you can also go to Universal Studios Orlando. We can take over :twisted:
    Witch Bear
    Petty Officer

by Witch Bear » Mon May 24, 2010 11:36 am

Me am want to wrestle alligator to put rest to arguement once and for all. Me am make nice bag with skin when me am done with him. Am good to keep potions in :cool:
    Deck 666
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon May 24, 2010 12:54 pm

Witch Bear wrote:Me am want to wrestle alligator to put rest to arguement once and for all. Me am make nice bag with skin when me am done with him. Am good to keep potions in :cool:

your not too old for me to lean you over my lap and give your hairy ass a spanking! I know your a bear and all, but let the exotic animals alone.

Thanks

Scott
    PETA supporter. :P
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
Post Reply 564 posts