I wish I'd had time to write this up this morning cuz I've forgotten many points but here's some of the highlights...
- Debb hosting a big 70K reunion on her ranch in Seattle
- Random sightings of Kate, Ryan, Craig, Nilay, Kevin, Rhia, Erik and Simon
- Performing karaoke version of All Hands but I'm in theatre type seating with people all around me instead of up at a microphone and I keep forgetting the lyrics
- Everyone still partying but my bus was leaving so Debb and I share a teary goodbye hug and I take off with guitar case and backpack in hand
- I jump on bus but get off a mile or so down the road at a service station and notice that Eddie Van Halen is playing at a community centre across the street
- Head over to check out the gig but Eddie's already done and off stage
- I get to meet him and start chatting about random guitar related stuff. Conversation goes great until he sees my 70K hat and asks me about it enthusiastically. I'm stoked that he thinks it's cool and start describing it but his tone suddenly changes and he begins rattling off a mock lineup making up band names that ridicule metal. His entourage is laughing with him and even throw out the term 'Sausage Fest'
- I get really defensive and start arguing and telling him how he doesn't get it but he just becomes more and more of a total A Hole
- As I keep arguing and listing off great artists I've seen on the cruise, he and his entourage sneak off with my guitar case and backpack which has my passport in it
- I run out of the community centre to get my shit back but they peel off in their tour van laughing
- I'm pissed off
- I wake up
Fuck Eddie Van Halen!