Post Reply 331 posts
Metal Cruise Of Heaviness Pre Apocalyptic Party: Round Two!
    SS1349
    Oiler

Re: Metal Cruise Of Heaviness Pre Apocalyptic Party: Round T

by SS1349 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:12 am

Been looking for something to ease my fellow travellers and I into the 70000tons groove. Sounds perfect :D :shred:
    70k Wishlist; Immortal, Amon Amarth, Epica, Finntroll, Soilwork, Arkona, 1349, Insomnium, Finsterforst, Kromlek
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:37 pm

SCARH3AD wrote:(hopefully I won't end up in a wrong bar ?!!??)

Just follow the smell of stroopwaffles and Fosters :beerbang:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Only a month and a some till we get to see Tattoo Frank and Deadly Bizarre and hopefully a Premonition cover or two!

CONVERT TO DEADLY BIZARRE or We're all Fucked!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DeadlyBizar ... 76mXBzTeo8
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
  • vaderite666
    Petty Officer

by vaderite666 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Yes, that's right kiddies. As we fast approach that golden week in January, the time has come to once again announce the Pre Party for all you Metal maniacs to enjoy. Gotta kick off things right :bangers: :shots: :3drunks:

For all you Facebook users, the event page can found here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=285244511500809

And here is a sampling of each of the bands playing:

Thrash Or Die: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBSODmImPpM

Saq: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi2HolTTEdI

Mendacity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZhgsYlGWeA

Thanks for the info! I'm a newb, so just to be sure, this is the successor to the event where everyone met up before the cruise last year?
    I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
    :oops:

Deadly Bizarre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bID7Ssbu-D0

Cyst: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IW_xNNu2XQ

Masticator: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W4WrVa9JoI4#!

And ending off the night will be the Metal Thrashing Madmen, a collection of various musicians paying tribute to a number of Thrash Metal classics :shred:

Also, for any of you wine connoisseurs, there's a wine bar under the same ownership right next door, which will also be open for the Pre Party :chug:. Check out their website here: http://www.wix.com/korkmiami/korkwineandcheese

And yes, food will also be available Image

For those of you staying in hotels near the port, the Metromover system is another free and easy way to get to the show.
    The Miami Avenue station is located right above the venue: http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/mover_stations.asp

So, before we all get on the cruise, come out and get bruised! :metalguy: :heavydrink: :stagger: :smash: :pound: :whisky: :bmhorns: :party: :boobs: :wank: :beerbang: :death:
    In Extremo/Saltatio Mortis/Old Man's Child/Cathedral/Thrudvangar/Thulcandra/Iron Fire/Hyberia/Catamenia/Eisbrecher/Varg/Forefather/Nomans Land/Accept/Angel Witch/Ghost/Burning Saviors/Electric Wizard/Hollenthon/Kalmah/Power Wolf/Black Pyramid/Running Wild
  • HATED BY ALL 88
    Wiper

by HATED BY ALL 88 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Is this the only pre-show that will be happening? I would of thought that there might of been something better with some local FL talent that might not be on the ship or some headliner band.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:23 pm

HATED BY ALL 88 wrote:Is this the only pre-show that will be happening? I would of thought that there might of been something better with some local FL talent that might not be on the ship or some headliner band.

If you have the scratch and contacts then go right ahead and put together an headliner package.

Just remember this was done by a forum member who lives in the local area. And it's more about hanging out and meeting people than hearing the bands :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:26 pm

When
    Sunday, January 22, 2012
    Time
    10:00am until 6:00pm
    Really? 10AM start????????
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:23 pm

STACH100 wrote:When
    Sunday, January 22, 2012
    Time
    10:00am until 6:00pm
    Really? 10AM start????????

The flyer up there says doors at 6pm. You scared me for a second. :lol:
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:13 am

FYI: Donn posted this on FB.

Just thought I'd drop a little update on the Pre Party for you all. Due to construction delays at Avenue D, the Pre Party will not be happening.....at Avenue D. Instead, after looking around and getting a few false leads, the fun will now take place at Grand Central, which is only a few blocks North of Avenue D. Feel free to check the event page, for the updated info: http://www.facebook.com/events/285244511500809/

I also now have to replace the opening band, but I have a list of contenders, so no worries. So in the meantime, be sure to spread the word about this event to everyone you can, and send invites from the page to anyone you can think of. I want this to be even bigger and better than the last one.

And for those wondering about the proposed POST Party, well I am working on that right now with a different venue. I hope to have word on that soon enough.
    Metal Cruise Of Heaviness Pre Apocalyptic Party
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 6:00pm at Grand Central
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:15 am

Thanks for the update Donn (via Margie) ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:07 am

Goddess of Metal wrote:FYI: Donn posted this on FB.

Just thought I'd drop a little update on the Pre Party for you all. Due to construction delays at Avenue D, the Pre Party will not be happening.....at Avenue D. Instead, after looking around and getting a few false leads, the fun will now take place at Grand Central, which is only a few blocks North of Avenue D. Feel free to check the event page, for the updated info: http://www.facebook.com/events/285244511500809/

I also now have to replace the opening band, but I have a list of contenders, so no worries. So in the meantime, be sure to spread the word about this event to everyone you can, and send invites from the page to anyone you can think of. I want this to be even bigger and better than the last one.

And for those wondering about the proposed POST Party, well I am working on that right now with a different venue. I hope to have word on that soon enough.
    Metal Cruise Of Heaviness Pre Apocalyptic Party
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 6:00pm at Grand Central

Great location. Just 6 blocks from Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Thansk for the update! :bangers:
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:58 am

Book IMMOLATION already :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:02 am

Thanks for the update Captain Goddess of Metal ;) Wherever it is, I'll be there :party:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:26 am

mooyagi wrote:Thanks for the update Captain Goddess of Metal ;) Wherever it is, I'll be there :party:

exactle - at least as long as the taxi driver knows where to drop us off ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:37 am

rockhound wrote:Great location. Just 6 blocks from Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Thansk for the update! :bangers:

Yes! totally walking distance :D

mooyagi wrote:Thanks for the update Captain Goddess of Metal ;) Wherever it is, I'll be there :party:

Me too :mrgreen: :bangers: Aaaahhhh can't wait!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:59 am

All the event info has now been updated. Keep spreading the word folks! Let's get everyone there :viking:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:51 am

I will be there! :headbanger:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Captain Metal wrote:All the event info has now been updated. Keep spreading the word folks! Let's get everyone there :viking:

fuck yeah. and thank you again for setting up fun ass events!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:21 pm

Captain Metal wrote:All the event info has now been updated. Keep spreading the word folks! Let's get everyone there :viking:

Yes, it's awesome of you to be doing this :D
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Can't wait! :party:
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:32 pm

KevinP wrote:
    HATED BY ALL 88 wrote:Is this the only pre-show that will be happening? I would of thought that there might of been something better with some local FL talent that might not be on the ship or some headliner band.

If you have the scratch and contacts then go right ahead and put together an headliner package.

Just remember this was done by a forum member who lives in the local area. And it's more about hanging out and meeting people than hearing the bands :mrgreen:

HUMPH! Thrash or Die and Deadly Bizarre for the win!
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 am

Thanks again for doing this Capt!
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:29 am

cycosurgeon wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

HUMPH! Thrash or Die and Deadly Bizarre for the win!

There's always gonna be a complainer or two. Some people seem to think that doing this sort of thing, or getting some bigger name band involved, is easy. Believe me, it involves a bit of juggling, especially when I've had to switch venues TWICE. And believe me, the list of available venues in the vicinity that are capable of doing this properly is a short one. So no, it's not always easy.

On that note, I'm beginning to think that the chances for the Post Party are looking a bit grim, BUT I haven't given up on that just yet. So bear with me.
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:34 am

KevinP wrote: And it's more about hanging out and meeting people than hearing the bands :mrgreen:

Not quite correct. It's about both of these things equally. After all, this cruise is based on our love of Metal. The Pre Party is no different. It's just on a smaller scale :viking:
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:07 am

Captain Metal wrote:
    KevinP wrote: And it's more about hanging out and meeting people than hearing the bands :mrgreen:

Not quite correct. It's about both of these things equally. After all, this cruise is based on our love of Metal. The Pre Party is no different. It's just on a smaller scale :viking:

We support you !!!

:shred:
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:58 am

Present as well, of course! :heavydrink:

I've also added the event on Last.fm:
    http://www.last.fm/event/3148984+Metal+ ... +Round+Two!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:47 am

Captain Metal wrote:On that note, I'm beginning to think that the chances for the Post Party are looking a bit grim, BUT I haven't given up on that just yet. So bear with me.

Appreciate the work Capt. Looking forward to the preparty yet again, and hoping for a post party. If not, we'll have an unofficial one somewhere :party:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:02 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:On that note, I'm beginning to think that the chances for the Post Party are looking a bit grim, BUT I haven't given up on that just yet. So bear with me.

Appreciate the work Capt. Looking forward to the preparty yet again, and hoping for a post party. If not, we'll have an unofficial one somewhere :party:

Yeah, we don't need some fancy venue with bands (although it would be cool if it happens) just pick a decent sized bar that we can completely take over and we can make our own fun! :cheers:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:55 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Yeah, we don't need some fancy venue with bands (although it would be cool if it happens) just pick a decent sized bar that we can completely take over and we can make our own fun! :cheers:

Exactly! we'll make it work :D
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:22 am

I'll see you all there! I'm always one for checking out the local/regional level bands and I'm definitely interested in Deadly Bizarre
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:52 am

mooyagi wrote:

on the beach!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:12 pm

metalgoddess wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

on the beach!

I like that idea!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Me too! :mrgreen:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:51 am

Ravenlord wrote:Yeah, we don't need some fancy venue with bands (although it would be cool if it happens) just pick a decent sized bar that we can completely take over and we can make our own fun! :cheers:

I love the idea of just taking a place over. Did this in college many times. We would take over a bar, and only allow women in. I still remember how freaked out an owner got when we started doing beer slides across the dance floor. :lol:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:13 am

mooyagi wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote:on the beach!

I like that idea!

I'm still pretty skeptical about drinking on the beach, especially in such large numbers. Slightly worried the authorities wouldn't like it.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:25 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote:on the beach!

I like that idea!

I'm still pretty skeptical about drinking on the beach, especially in such large numbers. Slightly worried the authorities wouldn't like it.

thats why ya get a bottle of coke slam about half refill with rye or rum
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:26 am

...or whiskey. Assuming I have some left.
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:27 am

see now your thinking
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:29 am

I don't like to mix my drinks though. Full bottle of pure whiskey might also be suspicious... and dangerous. :P
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:31 am

well option 2 is hit up a mcdonalds or something get the largest pop they have pour out contents set beer in cup run straw to beer plus with a small cooler with some ice your drinks will stay nice and icy :3drunks:
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
Post Reply 331 posts