Locked 207 posts
Metal Cruise Of Heaviness Post Apocalyptic Party!
  • What day should the POST Party take place?

Friday January 27th
    76%
    Saturday January 28th
    24%

Total votes: 62
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

Re: Metal Cruise Of Heaviness POST Apocalyptic Party? A poll

by CaptOblivious » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:33 am

KevinP wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:Hey Cap, does it look like this is going to happen? :trashdrink:

No announcements until the final 11 are disclosed :lol:

yay we get to find out once we are onbroad :roll:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:00 am

Damn, after the last day of cruise I have no doubt that the thought of alcohol will make me nauseous. I love to party, but I can't go on a 8 day binge these days
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:07 am

Neck-Wrecker wrote: I can't go on a 8 day binge these days

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:20 am

Bentz! wrote:

:lol: yes, you can do it Josh! :whisky: :trashdrink: If I can do it (although I am part old-school 70s rocker chick after all :beerwink: :P ), you can do it! I'm getting there on Sunday and leaving on Saturday though so that's only 6 days & nights - no problem!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:45 am

Laura wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:

:lol: yes, you can do it Josh! :whisky: :trashdrink: If I can do it (although I am part old-school 70s rocker chick after all :beerwink: :P ), you can do it! I'm getting there on Sunday and leaving on Saturday though so that's only 6 days & nights - no problem!

Hahaha, I will do my best surely. I'm gonna have to rely on booze heavily as I will not be able to bring a bong with me... :3drunks:
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:24 pm

Laura wrote: If I can do it (although I am part old-school 70s rocker chick after all :beerwink: :P ), you can do it!

You and me both! :heavydrink:

We'll be there for ya, Neck Wrecker!

A word of wisdom, however. You do not want a hangover on the ship. I was hungover one morning, and that was the only time I felt the waves. Not good when you're already a bit nauseous! It was tough until I ate some frosted flakes and drank tons of water and coffee. :P
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:24 pm

metalgoddess wrote:
    Laura wrote: If I can do it (although I am part old-school 70s rocker chick after all :beerwink: :P ), you can do it!

A word of wisdom, however. You do not want a hangover on the ship. I was hungover one morning, and that was the only time I felt the waves. Not good when you're already a bit nauseous! It was tough until I ate some frosted flakes and drank tons of water and coffee. :P

totally agreed. overdoing it onbroad is a bad idea and not worth it!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:33 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote:

totally agreed. overdoing it onbroad is a bad idea and not worth it!

But some of us don't know any better :oops:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:10 am

metalgoddess wrote:

:heavydrink: Carrie! I still am a bit amazed that I felt so great the entire time considering I stayed up on average till 6 in the morning all 4 nights of the cruise, while drinking as much as I did. :beerwink: I don't think I've ever stayed up *that* late that many nights *in a row* in my entire life in fact. I think this combination worked well for me - pacing on the drinking (never drinking too much too fast (exception: pre-party :belly: :lol: ), drank A LOT of water, ate A LOT of food (drinking on an empty stomach is usually not a good idea for me hangover-wise), except for the disembarking day - got at least 6 hours of sleep a day from around 6 to noon and a few random hour or so power naps here and there (very glad I had an inside cabin cause with the lights off, it was pitch black in there), after midnight, mostly drank drinks with caffiene like vodka & redbull and/or Irish (whiskey) coffee (yum!), and last but not least...had a major adrenaline rush going the entire time due to the non-stop awesomeness - great music, great people, great times!!
    :3drunks: :whisky: :beerbang:
    And now I need that dance-boy smilie to represent all the crazy, fun dancing done during karaoke past 4 a.m.!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Sepp-das-Wiesel
    Oiler

by Sepp-das-Wiesel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Friday is perfect.

Does anybody know some events of interest who are between the 20 and the 23. Januar?
    I know that Stratovarius wanna play some "Good Bye" Gigs for Jörg in Mexico. Are there more bands before or after the cruise who are playing gigs in Florida? Thanks so far
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Sepp-das-Wiesel wrote:Friday is perfect.

Does anybody know some events of interest who are between the 20 and the 23. Januar?
    I know that Stratovarius wanna play some "Good Bye" Gigs for Jörg in Mexico. Are there more bands before or after the cruise who are playing gigs in Florida? Thanks so far

see this thread about the Pre-Party sunday night

http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2097
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:08 am

metalgoddess wrote:A word of wisdom, however. You do not want a hangover on the ship. I was hungover one morning, and that was the only time I felt the waves. Not good when you're already a bit nauseous! It was tough until I ate some frosted flakes and drank tons of water and coffee. :P

I don't personally have hangovers. Ever.
    But the only real cure for a hangover is the same thing that caused it: booze. Last time on the cruise I bought OC with vodka with breakfast every morning. The first couple of sips might be difficult, but that stuff sure does help a lot.

I'm going for at least an eight-day-binge as we're flying in on Saturday and my birthday's on the Saturday after the cruise. Might have to have a few drinks on the Sunday as well. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:41 am

Memnoch wrote:
    metalgoddess wrote:A word of wisdom, however. You do not want a hangover on the ship. I was hungover one morning, and that was the only time I felt the waves. Not good when you're already a bit nauseous! It was tough until I ate some frosted flakes and drank tons of water and coffee. :P

I don't personally have hangovers. Ever.
    But the only real cure for a hangover is the same thing that caused it: booze. Last time on the cruise I bought OC with vodka with breakfast every morning. The first couple of sips might be difficult, but that stuff sure does help a lot.

I'm going for at least an eight-day-binge as we're flying in on Saturday and my birthday's on the Saturday after the cruise. Might have to have a few drinks on the Sunday as well. :lol:

Crazy Finns :lol:

I was shocked that I never got hung over during the cruise. It was a nice surprise
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:06 am

At a risk of throwing myself into a certain demographic, he is right. By far the best thing to get rid of a hangover in the morning is more alcohol. Of course that alcohol could lead to a second hangover, so you keep drinking... wash, rinse, repeat... :D
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:06 am

:lol:
    Speaking of stereotypes, never would've guessed that someone from Ireland would agree with me. :lol:
    We actually have a saying in Finland, "You get ahangover no matter what, but at least you get to decide the day". :gulp:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:29 am

All this drinking/hangover talk reminds me of the hangover cure thread on Off-Course a while back. :3drunks:
    I rarely get Bad hangovers - if anything I'm just tired...aka (to use a Bentz!-ism) "draggin' ass" (Bentz! - I think it was you who said that once and it cracked me up) :lol: Unlike you Finns & Irish folk :beerwink: , drinking more when hungover was something I never did - rather, LOTS of caffiene (coffee AND coca-cola) and junk food - preferably something like a Big Mac or Nachos Bell GRANDE from Taco Bell usually does the trick.
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Laura wrote:All this drinking/hangover talk reminds me of the hangover cure thread on Off-Course a while back. :3drunks:
    I rarely get Bad hangovers - if anything I'm just tired...aka (to use a Bentz!-ism) "draggin' ass" (Bentz! - I think it was you who said that once and it cracked me up) :lol: Unlike you Finns & Irish folk :beerwink: , drinking more when hungover was something I never did - rather, LOTS of caffiene (coffee AND coca-cola) and junk food - preferably something like a Big Mac or Nachos Bell GRANDE from Taco Bell usually does the trick.

Fast food has an amazing effect on hangovers. The high content of fat bonds with the alcohol.... = fast food never tastes so good.

Ok not to cast myself into a group, but the whole harold and kumar white castle pilgrimage speaks to my heart. It seems on many party/concert nights, all roads lead to white castle.

Josh
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:27 pm

Memnoch wrote::lol:
    Speaking of stereotypes, never would've guessed that someone from Ireland would agree with me. :lol:
    We actually have a saying in Finland, "You get ahangover no matter what, but at least you get to decide the day". :gulp:

:lol: I like that one
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:It seems on many party/concert nights, all roads lead to white castle.

Then, once the White Castle feast is over, to the shitter.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:26 pm

The trick for me to not get hangovers is to start drinking early in the day and somewhat sober up by night. Works like a charm! :cheers:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:32 pm

KDibildox wrote:The trick for me to not get hangovers is to start drinking early in the day and somewhat sober up by night. Works like a charm! :cheers:

That just gives you a hangover earlier :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:43 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:The trick for me to not get hangovers is to start drinking early in the day and somewhat sober up by night. Works like a charm! :cheers:

That just gives you a hangover earlier :lol:

No hangover! 'cause you sober up enough to rehydrate :lol:
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Bentz! wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:It seems on many party/concert nights, all roads lead to white castle.

Totally!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Been there... done that, over and over again during my 20's. :oops:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:16 am

Ravenlord wrote:At a risk of throwing myself into a certain demographic, he is right. By far the best thing to get rid of a hangover in the morning is more alcohol. Of course that alcohol could lead to a second hangover, so you keep drinking... wash, rinse, repeat... :D

My favorite (related) saying is "I'm going to be hungover... but not today." :beerwink:

Laura wrote:drinking more when hungover was something I never did - rather, LOTS of caffiene (coffee AND coca-cola) and junk food

Caffeine is not an option for me. Life would be so much easier if I could use it. :cry:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:24 am

I found a similar little trick. Not exactly sure why it works, but if I start drinking early, then take a nap, I will not get drunk that evening, and no hangover, no matter how much I drink.

Also, "Liquor before beer, never fear. Beer before liquor, never sicker." has a scientific basis. Basically, the carbonation in beer causes your digestive system to absorb at 4 times it's normal rate, so when you follow up with liquor, danger. However, starting with liquor causes your absorption to be substantially slowed due to certain enzymes the body releases, so when you go to beer, your body is already prepared for worse.

Where's that "When you know" pic? :P

stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:41 am

SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 pm

EvilDan wrote:

I found a similar little trick. Not exactly sure why it works, but if I start drinking early, then take a nap, I will not get drunk that evening, and no hangover, no matter how much I drink.

Also, "Liquor before beer, never fear. Beer before liquor, never sicker." has a scientific basis. Basically, the carbonation in beer causes your digestive system to absorb at 4 times it's normal rate, so when you follow up with liquor, danger. However, starting with liquor causes your absorption to be substantially slowed due to certain enzymes the body releases, so when you go to beer, your body is already prepared for worse.

Where's that "When you know" pic? :P

Good to know, thanks :mrgreen:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:25 am

Soooo... is this thing still going ahead?

I heard about the venue change for the pre-party but is it the same for this?
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:26 am

Ravenlord wrote:Soooo... is this thing still going ahead?

I heard about the venue change for the pre-party but is it the same for this?

last i heard hes just trying to find a venue and once he does its on
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:16 am

From Captain Metal on another thread:

Captain Metal wrote:FRIDAY JAN 27 POST APOCALYPTIC PARTY
    Where: Tobacco Road 626 South Miami Ave - Entry $10 * $7 w/Seapass - Doors at 7pm - 21+ (final confirmation pending)
    Bands playing: That's a secret...for the moment, but I will say that there will be five bands
    Members attending: Whoever survives the ship

I'll wait for him to give the official word but looks like a go! :party:
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:47 am

Bentz! wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Works every time. :cheers:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 am

Great news! Even secretive about who might be playing.
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:49 am

Ravenlord wrote:At a risk of throwing myself into a certain demographic, he is right. By far the best thing to get rid of a hangover in the morning is more alcohol. Of course that alcohol could lead to a second hangover, so you keep drinking... wash, rinse, repeat... :D

Spoken like a true Irishman. :P :cool: :D
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:54 am

Memnoch wrote:We actually have a saying in Finland, "You get ahangover no matter what, but at least you get to decide the day". :gulp:

Well, my day of choice is normally a Sunday. LOL :beerwink: :D ;)
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:40 am

mooyagi wrote:From Captain Metal on another thread:

Captain Metal wrote:FRIDAY JAN 27 POST APOCALYPTIC PARTY
    Where: Tobacco Road 626 South Miami Ave - Entry $10 * $7 w/Seapass - Doors at 7pm - 21+ (final confirmation pending)
    Bands playing: That's a secret...for the moment, but I will say that there will be five bands
    Members attending: Whoever survives the ship

I'll wait for him to give the official word but looks like a go! :party:

Little Nicolas can't go! :cry:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:27 am

Since when is your name Nicolas? And what exactly are you blathering on about?

Anyway, still waiting to hear back from this place. I thought they were gonna get back to me today, but that didn't happen, so still waiting :|
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:31 am

I was considering to travel further on the 27th, but now the post party is on I'll stay one more day :heavydrink:
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:08 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Since when is your name Nicolas? And what exactly are you blathering on about?

Anyway, still waiting to hear back from this place. I thought they were gonna get back to me today, but that didn't happen, so still waiting :|

Our forum friend Nicolas0928 isn't 21.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:29 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:Since when is your name Nicolas? And what exactly are you blathering on about?

Our forum friend Nicolas0928 isn't 21.

Damn your Draconian Alcohol Laws!! The US would be i way better shape if your drinking age was 18 or 19--like us :cool:

Note.. I hate 18 yr old drunks at concerts! :trashdrink:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:42 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Damn your Draconian Alcohol Laws!! The US would be i way better shape if your drinking age was 18 or 19--like us :cool:

I'd like to see it lowered to 16, but in conjunction with a raise in the driving age to 18.

Locked 207 posts