Post Reply 100 posts
Last year disappointments, regrets and surprises!
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: Last year disappointments, regrets and surprises!

by KevinP » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:13 am

stoverkill wrote: You guys are the best (even Kevin).

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

You're ass kissing efforts have been duly noted ;)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:50 am

KevinP wrote: You're ass kissing efforts have been duly noted ;)

Truly, it was no effort at all.... :lol:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:52 am

Dissapointments:
    -some bands playing identical setlists between both of their sets
    -some bands playing primarily newer music, as if it were a regular tour stop to promote their latest album
    -Cozumel

Regrets:
    -being too much of a lurker and not really 'meeting' much of anyone
    -missing karaoke (not necessarily participating, but at least viewing what I hear/read became quite a spectacle)
    -seeing various members of bands but keeping to myself, with the thought that they were on vacation just as much as I was
    -the excursion that I took to Cozumel (couldn't have known how lame it was going to be though!)

Surprises:
    -how well everything was pulled off in the end
    -how chill everyone seemed to be onbroad
    -how awesome dining in the Starlight Dining Room was
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:58 am

nekrobarr wrote:Dissapointments:
    -some bands playing identical setlists between both of their sets
    -some bands playing primarily newer music, as if it were a regular tour stop to promote their latest album
    -Cozumel

Regrets:
    -being too much of a lurker and not really 'meeting' much of anyone
    -missing karaoke (not necessarily participating, but at least viewing what I hear/read became quite a spectacle)
    -seeing various members of bands but keeping to myself, with the thought that they were on vacation just as much as I was
    -the excursion that I took to Cozumel (couldn't have known how lame it was going to be though!)

Surprises:
    -how well everything was pulled off in the end
    -how chill everyone seemed to be onbroad
    -how awesome dining in the Starlight Dining Room was

vary much my trip/thoughts as well besides the fact i never made it to the starlight dining room
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Regrets:
    missing the entire first night after almost 24 hours of travel
    Missing Blind Guardian's second set after passing out in my cabin
    Only getting one merch shirt
    Getting off the ship at Cozumel

Surprises:
    The two lovely German(?) gents who helped me down the stairs from deck 9 to deck 6 before I passed out; wish I could meet them and thank them again.
    Being complimented on my Red Dwarf Ace Rimmer shirt
    Blue Moon
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:55 am

My main disappointment will be that I can't go this year. Also that the cruise wasn't total chaos. I morbidly expected to fish people out of the ocean, storing the dead in the walk-in cooler, brawls, vandalism, arrests, and the ship listing back to port on fire. I guess I thought it would be like a Raider or Eagles game x10.

No real regrets. I had a great time even with none of the above happening.

My main surprise was Cripper. Great band.
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Michael D. wrote:ok, some disappointments. Saxon, the ship running out of beer, and running out of Coke.

They did?! :shock: what happened? Did they restock?
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:06 pm

raspberry*tart wrote:
    Michael D. wrote:ok, some disappointments. Saxon, the ship running out of beer, and running out of Coke.

They did?! :shock: what happened? Did they restock?

I had bier the whole trip. I'm assuming he means certain kinds of bier as I know they ran out of Foster's pretty quickly (didn't drink any of it myself). I believe they restocked in Mexico.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    raspberry*tart
    Chief Petty Officer

by raspberry*tart » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:13 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    I had bier the whole trip. I'm assuming he means certain kinds of bier as I know they ran out of Foster's pretty quickly (didn't drink any of it myself). I believe they restocked in Mexico.

I assume they will learn from this :lol:
    Draconian-Nightwish-Therion-CarachAngran-Sabaton-SepticFlesh-Fleshgod-STS-Agalloch-RottingChrist-Opeth-MDB-Eluveitie-Amorphis-NeObliviscaris-Apocalytpica-BarrenEarth-Turisas-Nile-Rammstein-Korpiklaani-Heidevolk-OrphanedLand-Finntroll-DimmuBorgir-Blind Guardian
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Disappointments
    Not many, as everything was LEGENDARY, but....
    - Having to miss most of Sonata’s second set so as to queue for one of the autograph sessions.
    - Gamma Ray playing two mostly the same sets

Surprises
    - How epicly awesome Tyr and Sabaton are live
    - How smoothly everything ran, all things considered

Regrets
    - Not getting to catch any karaoke
    - Not catching up with enough forum fiends :cry:
    - Missing Joakim’s dip in the pool at the end of Sabaton’s pool deck show
    - Missing Uli Jon Roth
    - Not getting a good photo with Simone Simons
    - Not being able to find a video anywhere on youtube of me screaming into the mic with Mikael during Dark Tranquillity’s indoor show
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:12 am

mooyagi wrote:Surprise: Cripper. Way better than I would've ever expected
    Learned: Go on these cruises as many times as possible

I concur, especially about Cripper and I kind of regret not seeing their first set. Definitely want to get onto as many of these cruises as possible, but may miss 2013 unfortunately.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:16 am

Evican wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Surprise: Cripper. Way better than I would've ever expected
    Learned: Go on these cruises as many times as possible

I concur, especially about Cripper and I kind of regret not seeing their first set. Definitely want to get onto as many of these cruises as possible, but may miss 2013 unfortunately.

I've heard so many great things about Cripper - too bad I missed both sets - I know one set was too early in the morning (still sleeping) and the other set must have been a conflict with somebody else. I third the idea of wanting to go on as many of cruises as possible :cool: , although I might sit the 2013 out as well (especially if Barge to Hell pans out to be too good to miss next fall).
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:41 am

It seems like quite a few people are planning on missing out in 2013 :cry:
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:42 am

mooyagi wrote:It seems like quite a few people are planning on missing out in 2013 :cry:

I'll do it as long as it's in my budget to do so!

We can cuddle.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:46 am

nekrobarr wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:It seems like quite a few people are planning on missing out in 2013 :cry:

I'll do it as long as it's in my budget to do so!

We can cuddle.

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:27 am

So no one's mentioned that this thread is called "Last year..." :lol:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:34 am

EvilDan wrote:So no one's mentioned that this thread is called "Last year..." :lol:

:lol: That's because it's how we all refer to the first cruise still. :oops:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:09 pm

I know, that really sucks! :cry: I plan on going every year I can

EvilDan wrote:So no one's mentioned that this thread is called "Last year..." :lol:

Hah, hadn't realized until I read your post
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:20 pm

There's only 2 things that will get me on the 2013 cruise.

1 is a relatively significant change in my income situation such as taking a 2nd/part time job
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:47 pm

There is nothing that would keep me away from going in 2013. UMC is stuck with me every year from here on out.
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:20 pm

I would like to be a lifer, but if I did, I would never get to see any of my favorite bands since most of them are too underground for the cruise to consider booking and most of them will never come to the US, but since Blaze Baylay is doing a US tour as we speak and Wizard has been announced for a US show next year, some of the bands I thought would never see might actually happen now with out me swimming to Europe.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:16 am

cycosurgeon wrote:I would like to be a lifer, but if I did, I would never get to see any of my favorite bands since most of them are too underground for the cruise to consider booking and most of them will never come to the US, but since Blaze Baylay is doing a US tour as we speak and Wizard has been announced for a US show next year, some of the bands I thought would never see might actually happen now with out me swimming to Europe.

Same^^ Also good news on Blaze and Wizard. I only caught both quite recently for the first time and both put on excellent shows!
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:26 am

Ravenlord wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:I would like to be a lifer, but if I did, I would never get to see any of my favorite bands since most of them are too underground for the cruise to consider booking and most of them will never come to the US, but since Blaze Baylay is doing a US tour as we speak and Wizard has been announced for a US show next year, some of the bands I thought would never see might actually happen now with out me swimming to Europe.

Same^^ Also good news on Blaze and Wizard. I only caught both quite recently for the first time and both put on excellent shows!

Cool!! I cant wait to see either band, having bands come over from Europe is the only bright spot about the US economy turning into a third world economy. Just think how many bands I will see when the Peso passes the US dollar like the Canadian Dollar already did.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:27 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:There's only 2 things that will get me on the 2013 cruise.

1 is a relatively significant change in my income situation such as taking a 2nd/part time job

what's the second?
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:03 pm

KDibildox wrote:

what's the second?

:lol:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:24 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

what's the second?

:?
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:55 am

KevinP wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:what's the second?

:shock:
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:39 am

nekrobarr wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote: :lol:

:roll:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    nekrobarr wrote:
    KevinP wrote: :?

WTF??????? :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:59 pm

so what is the 2nd reason? I'm guessing it's mildly to moderately "creepy" otherwise the drama queen would have divulged the answer in the first place. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Laura wrote:I've heard so many great things about Cripper - too bad I missed both sets - I know one set was too early in the morning (still sleeping) and the other set must have been a conflict with somebody else. I third the idea of wanting to go on as many of cruises as possible :cool: , although I might sit the 2013 out as well (especially if Barge to Hell pans out to be too good to miss next fall).

They were one of the tightest bands on the cruise that I saw play. :headbanger:

Yeah, I am planning on going to Vegas for RollerCon in July and then two months later I am going somewhere in the Western Region for WFTDA Western Regionals, so I will probably miss 2013 due to this. However, if I don't have enough money for Western Regionals come September, I may decide to do the cruise in 2013 and then do Western Regionals in 2013.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:19 pm

KevinP wrote:so what is the 2nd reason? I'm guessing it's mildly to moderately "creepy" otherwise the drama queen would have divulged the answer in the first place. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's what I figured but I want to know! Tell us, Rob! :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Wait, what? I didn't even realize wtf was going on here or that it pertained to my post.

Can't recall what I was even thinking when I posted that but yeah, probably creeper related :twisted:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Sinister Realm
    Petty Officer

by Sinister Realm » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:53 am

I was disappointed in the food. For some reason before the cruise after talking to other people who had done things like this I somehow got the impression that there would be food (and lots of it) available 24 hours a day. It was frustrating that it seemed like I was always catching the very end of breakfest, lunch or dinner and the dinner I had in the big dinning room sucked.

I regret not seeing Destruction, the only band I wanted to see but missed...I landed up falling asleep in my cabin and not even hearing my alarm.

Suprised by how smoothly everything ran...I was expecting bands set times to be way off schedule or some kind of major technical screw up and besides Exodus starting a little late everything pretty much on the clock.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:13 am

I was happy with the food at the buffet. Sure, the minute steaks and some other meats could have been better, but all in all it was good. I mostly ate fish and greens, and those were good. The breakfast wasn't that good though, but they had pineapple and watermelon, so that too was tolerable. And the screwdrivers at breakfast (with fresh-squeezed orange juice) were mind-blowing.
    The Spectrum Lounge's a/c was set on way too cold.

Aah, smokers. You dumb fucks, do you really have to smoke EVERYWHERE? I hope smoking won't be allowed anywhere inside next time.

Other than that, everything went really smoothly.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:38 am

Memnoch wrote:Aah, smokers. You dumb fucks, do you really have to smoke EVERYWHERE? I hope smoking won't be allowed anywhere inside next time.

Smoke only in your cabin, nowhere else should be tolerated. Those caught smoking are forced to attend the Hammerfall an Stratovarious gigs. :P
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:15 am

Ravenlord wrote:I'm don't have time to do a big list:

One regret that comes to mind is not recognizing all but the singers of my favorite bands. Kind of embarrassing. Thankfully there's a thread for that now.

That is also my biggest regret. I'm gonna bump the other thread!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 am

One thing that I didn't even realise for the entire cruise was that all of the band members wore special wristbands which makes it a little easier to separate them from the fans. Will still need to do some study before January.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:58 am

Memnoch wrote:Aah, smokers. You dumb fucks

I understand that non-smokers hate breathing in that shit, and it may be a disgusting habit, but I'd like to think that I'm not a dumb fuck. I'm a respectful enough smoker to agree that smoking should only be allowed in designated areas outdoors.
    :smoking: :cheers:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:27 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Aah, smokers. You dumb fucks

I understand that non-smokers hate breathing in that shit, and it may be a disgusting habit, but I'd like to think that I'm not a dumb fuck. I'm a respectful enough smoker to agree that smoking should only be allowed in designated areas outdoors.
    :smoking: :cheers:

You're one of the good ones. :cheers:

Good point to remind folks of this:

Andy wrote:I am aware of the smoking issue. As per rule of the cruise line the only places you may smoke inside are the Casino and on the starboard... starbroad :lol: side of the Boleros, Spectrum and Viking Crown Lounges. I do however also understand that half of the people do not even realize in what direction the ship is moving when inside... so where is left and where is right...?

Uncool however was the fact that some people did not respect that the Chorus Line Lounge is a non-smoking venue. The ones mentioned before have tables where one can place an ashtray... how do you want to do this in the Chorus Line Lounge? Result: the butts end up on the carpet... really not cool! I hope people will respect the smoking rules better next time since I don't think it is in anyone's interest that I hire 20 more security to enforce stuff like smoking rules.

:cheers: