Locked 73 posts
More Info on the SHIP Majesty of the Seas
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

More Info on the SHIP Majesty of the Seas

by vainglory » Tue May 11, 2010 3:07 pm

http://www.cruiseweb.com/RCI-MAJESTY.HTM

There are links to tons and tons of photos from onboard the ship and alot of extra info not on our main website here.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

Re: More Info on the SHIP Majesty of the Seas

by Disaster Area » Tue May 11, 2010 4:03 pm

Thank you for that, great photos there, even better than Royal Carib's official site! I was wondering what the Schooner bar would look like seeing as it is mere steps away from our cabin! :heavydrink:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    CsarG
    Oiler

by CsarG » Tue May 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Wow! Very nice pics! All places looks so fancy. It would be fun to take pictures after our trip and compare them with them xD to see how chaotic a bunch of drunk and euphoric headbangers can be :beerwink:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue May 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Whoa!

I guess this is where the folks who sneak some hallucinogens on board will be hanging out :shock:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue May 11, 2010 6:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That crayola room is scary even when sober.....
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 11, 2010 6:11 pm

The Chorus Line Lounge, featuring entertainment by OBITUARY, AMON AMARTH & TESTAMENT.

The Crayola Room, with today's guest artists: FINTROLL. Come learn how to drawn brutal metal logos with blood red crayons!

God I love this cruise on so many levels :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Wed May 12, 2010 7:43 am

Great pictures!
    I can't imagine all of the madness that will be happening in all of these rooms.

The LIBRARY!? I don't know about that one. Looks like a great place to make out tho. . .

And what will happen in the 'night club' - are people going to disco, or are we transforming that into a metal zone??
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks for the link. Cool pictures. I am still curious how it is going to work logistically when there is a band playing that everyone wants to see. Not sure if there is a place where 2000 people can fit at the same time!

Plenty of lounges though!
    Have a good time...all the time.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed May 12, 2010 10:41 am

junkhead13 wrote:Thanks for the link. Cool pictures. I am still curious how it is going to work logistically when there is a band playing that everyone wants to see. Not sure if there is a place where 2000 people can fit at the same time!

yeah, I am sure everyone is wondering the same about the logistics of 2000 people trying to see the same band. Even if only 70% are interested it will be difficult. Some input from the organizers would be welcome here I suppose...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 am

My GUESS is that with 80 shows over the course of 4 days, there will be like 2-3 shows going on at the same time with bands of opposing styles. So that SHOULD segment the audience for each one.

And not every person is going to want to see 2 shows for every band, so it might not be as much of a logistical nightmare as it sounds.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed May 12, 2010 10:52 am

KevinP wrote:My GUESS is that with 80 shows over the course of 4 days, there will be like 2-3 shows going on at the same time with bands of opposing styles. So that SHOULD segment the audience for each one.

And not every person is going to want to see 2 shows for every band, so it might not be as much of a logistical nightmare as it sounds.

Good point, besides, some on here have expressed dis-interest in certain shows already, so you are probably right and it will work out. We'll see, not soon enough though!

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 am

I was thinking about when they finally announce a headliner. Wonder if there is one band that everybody here could all agree on is a must see, and maybe even a must see twice! Probably not.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:57 am

Disaster Area wrote:
    junkhead13 wrote:Thanks for the link. Cool pictures. I am still curious how it is going to work logistically when there is a band playing that everyone wants to see. Not sure if there is a place where 2000 people can fit at the same time!

yeah, I am sure everyone is wondering the same about the logistics of 2000 people trying to see the same band. Even if only 70% are interested it will be difficult. Some input from the organizers would be welcome here I suppose...

Well as I was perusing the ticket contract...I came across Exhibit (B)......Where it states:
    UMCruises cannot guarantee that any guest will be able to attend every performance aboard the cruise. The access to each venue aboard the Cruise is on a first come, first served basis and needs to be restricted according to the maximum spectator numbers for each venue according to the operator of the vessel.

I think we need to plan on which performers we want to see the most....and be the first in line lol!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:59 am

Damn that fine print! Good eyes!

I should know to read these things closer considering all the stupid contracts I have to read at work.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:02 am

junkhead13 wrote:Damn that fine print! Good eyes!

I should know to read these things closer considering all the stupid contracts I have to read at work.

ha haaa....I hate the fine print too....my guess is that we need to get in REALLY good with the OPERATOR OF THE VESSEL!.....Okay....who's gonna take one for the team????
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 12, 2010 11:04 am

That is standard contract language as there is no way to guarantee this type of stuff. All it takes is 1 idiot to file a lawsuit cause he wasn't instructed beforehand.

I didn't take that language as a "not enough seating" issue but "a band can cancel on us before the cruise and you can't bitch and moan and demand your $$$ back". I'm not a festival 'veteran' but I'm guessing with these type of things there is always cancellations and band changes. I'd be shocked and pleasantly surprised if all the announced 40 bands are not changed and all show up.

Most fireworks say "Do not ignite indoors". 99.99999999999% of the population knows this without warning, but you always have to CYA against the "lawsuit happy" dolts out there :D
    Last edited by KevinP on Wed May 12, 2010 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:06 am

KevinP wrote:That is standard contract language as there is no way to guarantee this type of stuff. All it takes is 1 idiot to file a lawsuit cause he wasn't instructed beforehand.

I didn't take that language as a "not enough seating" issue but "a band can cancel on us before the cruise and you can't bitch and moan and demand your $$$ back"

Then again, most fireworks say "Do not ignite indoors". 99.99999999999% of the population knows this without warning, but you always have to CYA against the "lawsuit happy" dolts out there :D

TOUCHE...!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:10 am

Seems to me to be definitely "not enough seating for everyone on board at same time" language...

I wonder if the promoters have the max. occupancy of the various venues yet.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 12, 2010 11:10 am

Now that I actually read it again (and took the time to relax my brain), they are talking about SEATING, so my initial point is moot. :oops:

But I'm still not thinking it will be too much of an issue.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed May 12, 2010 11:20 am

The only reason anyone should sit down at a Metal performance is if

1. They are handicapped
    2. They are injured (on crutches, etc)
    3. Are above the age of 70

Quoting my FEMALE friend Kristi (Whom Shore Slayer knows personally)

"Anyone who wants to sit down at a Metal show is a Pussy"
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed May 12, 2010 11:27 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:The only reason anyone should sit down at a Metal performance is if

1. They are handicapped

HA! ...and to quote the Motor City Madman "Anybody that wants to get mellow can turn around and get the FUCK outta here!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:27 am

Oh I agree, but the concern is still there standing or seating... only so many bodies allowed in a space at a given time.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:30 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:The only reason anyone should sit down at a Metal performance is if

1. They are handicapped

I COMPLETELY agree!!!
    When I first moved out hear to Arizona from Hayward California and attended a concert I was like.....WTF??? I had NEVER even been in the "seating section" before...yeah.....a whole bunch-o-pussies!
    I think we should tell them to RIP OUT ALL THE SEATS!!! We could fit alot more of us in !...aaaaand much bigger mosh=pit!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed May 12, 2010 11:58 am

Disaster Area wrote:

1. They are handicapped

HA! ...and to quote the Motor City Madman "Anybody that wants to get mellow can turn around and get the FUCK outta here!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

now THAT was fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WANG DANG SWEET POONTANGGGGG Wish he would get booked on the cruise. :lol:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed May 12, 2010 12:10 pm

debborah1 wrote:

1. They are handicapped

I COMPLETELY agree!!!
    When I first moved out hear to Arizona from Hayward California and attended a concert I was like.....WTF??? I had NEVER even been in the "seating section" before...yeah.....a whole bunch-o-pussies!
    I think we should tell them to RIP OUT ALL THE SEATS!!! We could fit alot more of us in !...aaaaand much bigger mosh=pit!

Yep, Circle pits are fun. Esp at 47 (48 on the cruise) Yipeeeeeeeeee
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Wed May 12, 2010 2:50 pm

SOMEWHERE ON THE MAIN SITE... There is a picture with a "proposed stage" or something like that where there is a stage built on the top deck by the pool In the pics on the link I think its called "The Solarium" I'll look for it on the main 70000tons website. What I got out of that is that they will be building a stage on that main pool deck which from those pictures looks like it fits a shitton of people.
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Wed May 12, 2010 2:54 pm

OKAY I found it its on the voyage page but its not quite what I remembered. the way its facing in this concept drawing it doesn't look like it will accomodate a huge audience... but maybe this is still a work in progress it seems like that top solarium deck is still the one place where the most people can gather.

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Well anyone who is on that level should at a minimum be able to hear the music even if you're not right up front, right? That solves alot of the space issues.

The main theater on cruise ships hold approx half or slightly more of the passengers on board (I'm just guessing based on past experience).
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed May 12, 2010 2:59 pm

If they take out a whole bunch of the seats at the front that would be an unreal venue (the theater)
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:03 pm

vainglory wrote:OKAY I found it its on the voyage page but its not quite what I remembered. the way its facing in this concept drawing it doesn't look like it will accomodate a huge audience... but maybe this is still a work in progress it seems like that top solarium deck is still the one place where the most people can gather.

OMG!! How freakin cool......MOSH PIT IN THE POOOOL!!!!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:05 pm

debborah1 wrote:OMG!! How freakin cool......MOSH PIT IN THE POOOOL!!!!!

Don't forget your water wings and rubber duckies! :death:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed May 12, 2010 3:06 pm

Imagine this:

Please check out my band

banana
    Oiler

by banana » Wed May 12, 2010 3:08 pm

viathyn wrote:Imagine this:

That´s what i´m hoping for!!
    #3013 Swedish drinking team!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:16 pm

banana wrote:

That´s what i´m hoping for!!

OH HELLLLL YAAAAA!!!

MARCO!!!!.........
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed May 12, 2010 3:39 pm

As in most mosh pits the key will be to pick people up if they fall down; the consequence in this instance is drowning, not just being stepped on!

Please check out my band

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:49 pm

viathyn wrote:As in most mosh pits the key will be to pick people up if they fall down; the consequence in this instance is drowning, not just being stepped on!

aw man!
    You were supposed to answer with....POLO!!!! lmao!
    But yeah...then the floaties would definatley come in handy!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed May 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Polo!

Sorry it just took a while for me to hear your marco, you're kind of far away haha

Please check out my band

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Wed May 12, 2010 3:57 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    viathyn wrote:As in most mosh pits the key will be to pick people up if they fall down; the consequence in this instance is drowning, not just being stepped on!

aw man!

Floaties are too restrictive and interfere w/ drinking arm. I will be sporting one of these instead; Image

Covers both the floaties and rubber ducky requirement! :trashdrink:

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:05 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

aw man!

Floaties are too restrictive and interfere w/ drinking arm. I will be sporting one of these instead; Image

Covers both the floaties and rubber ducky requirement! :trashdrink:

HEY!!!!! I NEED TO HAVE ONE OF THESE TOOOO! If I can fit my legs in it! lol....the visual of a bunch of metalheads swimming around in these...beer in one hand....horns held high with the other....and headbanging!!!.....It would bring on a whole new campaigne for AFLAC!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:29 pm

*dives under to get a better spot* :D
    Manowar wrote:Come here! REMOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR GARMENTS!

DragonLordJones wrote:judge no 2

oh by the way I'm partially blind so I hope they come in braille :cheers: :lol:
Locked 73 posts