Post Reply 196 posts
Lamest Thread EVER!
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

Re: Lamest Thread EVER!

by Eternity » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:46 am

KevinP wrote:I was thinking this awhile ago, but never mentioned this. Why did you get all "Canadian" on us Rob and call this the "Lamest Thread Ever"? Fuck, have some giant American sized balls and realize that being a NON DRINKING metalhead is actually "outside the norm" and "not conforming to the status quo", hence makes it BETTER.

As the great Tywin Lannister said "Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you".

Besides the simple fact that IT'S NOT A WEAKNESS, IT'S A FUCKING STRENGTH :death: :death: :death:

Agreed. Having the balls to resist what is considered to be normal, if not damn near mandatory, despite the staggering reasons in support of said resistance is impressive. It's anything but lame. I for one, salute the penguin. :headbanger:
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:43 am

KevinP wrote:I was thinking this awhile ago, but never mentioned this. Why did you get all "Canadian" on us Rob and call this the "Lamest Thread Ever"?

Although I appreciate the sentiment and love the quote, I think I can answer your question.

I don't think it's the least bit lame that I've chosen as I have. I just think it sucks that it's as fucking hard to stick to and effortlessly enjoy as it is, especially in the one of the coolest of all environments even conceived by mortal man. The fact that it's not just easy to do, a simple matter of "choose - chose - subject closed" and I'm forced to ask ppl for 'support' per se, as I did in the opening post "So yeah, just wanted to invite others who won't be drinking on round 2 to either post here or PM me so I can build a bit of a mental list for when it might help." makes me a bit pissed off and resentful at having the brain chemistry or whatever teh fuck it is that makes it more of a challenge than I wish it was. What's lame is that the fact that the mental/social/psychological difficulties associated with all of this will encroach on my ability to just chill and enjoy every moment like a fucking 'normal' person. That's all. Hope that clears it up for ya. :beerwink:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:45 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I was thinking this awhile ago, but never mentioned this. Why did you get all "Canadian" on us Rob and call this the "Lamest Thread Ever"?

Although I appreciate the sentiment and love the quote, I think I can answer your question.

I don't think it's the least bit lame that I've chosen as I have. I just think it sucks that it's as fucking hard to stick to and effortlessly enjoy as it is, especially in the one of the coolest of all environments even conceived by mortal man. The fact that it's not just easy to do, a simple matter of "choose - chose - subject closed" and I'm forced to ask ppl for 'support' per se, as I did in the opening post "So yeah, just wanted to invite others who won't be drinking on round 2 to either post here or PM me so I can build a bit of a mental list for when it might help." makes me a bit pissed off and resentful at having the brain chemistry or whatever teh fuck it is that makes it more of a challenge than I wish it was. What's lame is that the fact that the mental/social/psychological difficulties associated with all of this will encroach on my ability to just chill and enjoy every moment like a fucking 'normal' person. That's all. Hope that clears it up for ya. :beerwink:

Yeah I got all that already and how you wanted to create something warm and fuzzy to attract people to the cause. But I still say go in with guns a blazing and your testicles swinging in it the breeze. And call the thread: FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO ARE DRINKING, I RULE AND I'M NOT.

Or something else subtle :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:53 am

I give up

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:44 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I give up

So you're French Canadian ? :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:50 pm

KevinP wrote:

French Canadian testicles don't swing in the breeze. They get frostbite almost instantly.
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

by Whiskeyjack » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:07 am

Eternity wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

French Canadian testicles don't swing in the breeze. They get frostbite almost instantly.

French Canadians have balls now do they? When did that happen?

:twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:45 am

They're merely ceremonial, I assure you.
    Whiskeyjack
    Petty Officer

by Whiskeyjack » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:00 am

They've brass balls then?
    But only literally.

:lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:58 am

Eternity wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

I thought they were too small to freeze?
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 am

Temperature-related shrinkage, they assure me :lol:
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:19 am

I'm really thinking about staying sober. $8 a beer or whatever the hell they're charging just isn't worth it to me. Hell, I'll already be on a cruise ship in the sun with some of my favorite metal bands, so what more do I really need?
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:25 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:I'm really thinking about staying sober. $8 a beer or whatever the hell they're charging just isn't worth it to me. Hell, I'll already be on a cruise ship in the sun with some of my favorite metal bands, so what more do I really need?

To be drunk :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:32 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:I'm really thinking about staying sober. $8 a beer or whatever the hell they're charging just isn't worth it to me. Hell, I'll already be on a cruise ship in the sun with some of my favorite metal bands, so what more do I really need?

Get a bucket, it's less than $8 a bottle and the price includes gratuity. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, the price
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:58 am

mooyagi wrote:

Get a bucket, it's less than $8 a bottle and the price includes gratuity. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, the price

Yeah, drinking is half the fun. Then there's metal and awesome people that make up the other 2 halves.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:41 pm

I want some fruity drinks! :mrgreen:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:45 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I want some fruity drinks! :mrgreen:

You will have to wait in line behind Kevin. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Michael D. wrote:

Rooty tooty fresh and fruity!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:47 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Michael D. wrote:

Always knew you were a weenie :beerbang: :deathhorns:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:48 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    Michael D. wrote:

Always knew you were a weenie :beerbang: :deathhorns:

Only when it comes to drinks ;)
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 pm

go lick some Irish sweat :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:36 pm

KevinP wrote:

go lick some Irish sweat :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ew!
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:22 am

I won't be drinking again this cruise. No cash for it again and I really don't think drinking would be wise for me. So I won't. Plus more cash I burn on worthless stuff the more stress that comes with it later, not to mention the depression that booze causes. Plus I honestly think I will be too busy running from cool show to cool show to have time for it anyways.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 am

cycosurgeon wrote:

I won't be drinking again this cruise. No cash for it again and I really don't think drinking would be wise for me. So I won't. Plus more cash I burn on worthless stuff the more stress that comes with it later, not to mention the depression that booze causes. Plus I honestly think I will be too busy running from cool show to cool show to have time for it anyways.

This. Plus I've heard too many stories of not remembering stuff... I want to remember every minute of this trip.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 am

Eternity wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:

This. Plus I've heard too many stories of not remembering stuff... I want to remember every minute of this trip.

The only thing I don't remember on this trip was making an ass of myself at karaoke...sounds good to me! Don't fix what aint broke :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Stained Class wrote:The only thing I don't remember on this trip was making an ass of myself at karaoke...sounds good to me! Don't fix what aint broke :mrgreen:

Oh crap. Yes, I'll have to forget that. But that's all.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Stained Class wrote:The only thing I don't remember on this trip was making an ass of myself at karaoke...sounds good to me! Don't fix what aint broke :mrgreen:

:lol: yup. Although the part that was apparently more embarassing than using me as a chair I had missed, shaaame :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:42 pm

i only had 4 drinks the whole last cruise....mostly due to preparty madness, but i don't want to be wasted and miss anything. I HATE MISSING THINGS! so i will definitely not drink much onbroad. i'm not missing all these great microbrews or anything anyway! will drink in miami but not too much onbroad, maybe 1-3 drinks per day if that.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    wut3v4
    Petty Officer

by wut3v4 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:17 am

I'm another one who will not be drinking. Thought I was the only one out there, so it's comforting to see there are others. Congrats to those maintaining their sobriety. See you on the metal boat! :headbanger:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:38 am

WizardBeast wrote:i only had 4 drinks the whole last cruise....mostly due to preparty madness, but i don't want to be wasted and miss anything. I HATE MISSING THINGS! so i will definitely not drink much onbroad. i'm not missing all these great microbrews or anything anyway! will drink in miami but not too much onbroad, maybe 1-3 drinks per day if that.

only 4 drinks? wow - that's not many - but I also remember you saying that you didn't feel so well after the pre-party so that could put a damper on things I suppose. I totally agree with you on the I Hate Missing Things! comment. The only time that I "missed" something (gig-wise) due to drinking too much (and I'm still kinda pissed about it! :evil: ) was that I didn't stay until the end of the first night of Hole in the Sky and missed the last few bands - in particular Marduk who I really had been looking forward to seeing again in that particular setting. I drank some:
    back at the hotel (which I believe the Norwegians call "foreplay" :P because it is SO $$$ to drink in bars there) before I headed out to the Garage venue, and I think combined with not eating much and having just flown in the day before and suffering from some jet lag - the vodka hit me like a ton of bricks....plus, I had some beer once I got to the venue. :roll: Needless to say, decided it would probably be in my best interest not to stay till the end that night, left early, and walked the 10 minutes or so back to the hotel. No doubt a good decision and good thing that I'm part "homing pigeon." :P Good news was that I saw *every* band from start to finish nights 2-4. Many people mentioned to me how great Marduk was that particular first night though and I was like :evil: - never again! ;)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Laura wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:i only had 4 drinks the whole last cruise....mostly due to preparty madness, but i don't want to be wasted and miss anything. I HATE MISSING THINGS! so i will definitely not drink much onbroad. i'm not missing all these great microbrews or anything anyway! will drink in miami but not too much onbroad, maybe 1-3 drinks per day if that.

only 4 drinks? wow - that's not many - but I also remember you saying that you didn't feel so well after the pre-party so that could put a damper on things I suppose. I totally agree with you on the I Hate Missing Things! comment. The only time that I "missed" something (gig-wise) due to drinking too much (and I'm still kinda pissed about it! :evil: ) was that I didn't stay until the end of the first night of Hole in the Sky and missed the last few bands - in particular Marduk who I really had been looking forward to seeing again in that particular setting. I drank some:
    back at the hotel (which I believe the Norwegians call "foreplay" :P because it is SO $$$ to drink in bars there) before I headed out to the Garage venue, and I think combined with not eating much and having just flown in the day before and suffering from some jet lag - the vodka hit me like a ton of bricks....plus, I had some beer once I got to the venue. :roll: Needless to say, decided it would probably be in my best interest not to stay till the end that night, left early, and walked the 10 minutes or so back to the hotel. No doubt a good decision and good thing that I'm part "homing pigeon." :P Good news was that I saw *every* band from start to finish nights 2-4. Many people mentioned to me how great Marduk was that particular first night though and I was like :evil: - never again! ;)

That vodka looks good! i love vodka!

yeah, we shall have to pace ourselves at the pre-party AND onbroad Laura, so we don't miss anything!!!! :cheers:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Okay. Too many booze pics. I surrender. Will commence copious consumption of freedom fuel as soon as I finish my final shift on Wednesday :belly:

Sure hope I make my flight Saturday!! :shock:

stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:41 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Okay. Too many booze pics. I surrender. Will commence copious consumption of freedom fuel as soon as I finish my final shift on Wednesday :belly:

We knew you could do it!!! :heavydrink:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:52 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Okay. Too many booze pics. I surrender. Will commence copious consumption of freedom fuel as soon as I finish my final shift on Wednesday :belly:

Goofball! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:56 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Goofball! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Stay strong Pengy!
Post Reply 196 posts