Post Reply 182 posts
Forum members meet up
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

Forum members meet up

by STACH100 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:30 pm

I don't know if this has been suggested but I think a Forum Members Meet in the Boleros lounge on Monday while the stage is being set up would be great.
    Any interest?
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • Metalwrath

Re: Forum members meet up

by Metalwrath » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:32 pm

I wil most likely forget.but if i happen to wander by drunk just give me a shout.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:33 pm

That could be fun!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:36 pm

We tried this last year at breakfast and it was hard to find everyone, as there was simply too many of us (or they were tired and sleeping).

I'll end up meeting most of everyone at the pre party and then during the ship multiple times (at least logic tells me tbat) :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:37 pm

KevinP wrote:We tried this last year at breakfast and it was hard to find everyone, as there was simply too many of us (or they were tired and sleeping).

I'll end up meeting most of everyone at the pre party and then during the ship multiple times (at least logic tells me tbat) :mrgreen:

Didn't we talk this year?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:41 pm

I like the meetup on departure idea is much better than the brekky one - should be far more manageable.

We will definitely pass through and say g'day :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    KevinP wrote:We tried this last year at breakfast and it was hard to find everyone, as there was simply too many of us (or they were tired and sleeping).

If you define what you said as talk. You came over to the table, stared, mumbled a word or two and then walked off. 15 seconds I'll never get back :cry: :lol: :cry:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:47 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:

If you define what you said as talk. You came over to the table, stared, mumbled a word or two and then walked off. 15 seconds I'll never get back :cry: :lol: :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This meetup sounds very doable to me. Was Boleros one of the really smokey bars? it was the karaoke one, right? if so I probably won't hang for too long but will definitely stop in at some point :mrgreen:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:58 pm

If I remember correctly Boleros was the one with the outside view on the way to the theater.
    Any way that is the bar we should meet.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Note to newcomers, look for the guy with the wicked curly mustache :death: :death: :death:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Curly???
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:12 pm

STACH100 wrote:Curly???

Thick gray flavor saver. Is that better ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:13 pm

You got it K!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:18 pm

I'll pop in. My plans are to reacquaint myself with the ship when first getting on broad so I'll pop into everywhere. If I see a large group of forumites gathering I'll be sure to say hello.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:21 pm

I'll be around.
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Ecliptica wrote:I'll be around.

Will you be in the same shape as the Beer & Burger Joint?
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Hahahaha, when I heard 'pre-party', I thought that meant we would start at 9:00 AM!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:25 pm

I'll sure try to make this meeting...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:28 pm

I'd like to drop by and meet you all. I'll probably forget. But if I drift by anywhere and notice a couple dozen people who seem to know each other, I'll assume it's you guys and come say hi. Either it will be you ad all will be well, or it won't be, and I will earn my certified creeper status.
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 am

Metalwrath wrote:I wil most likely forget.but if i happen to wander by drunk just give me a shout.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:50 am

Yeah I'll probably be there. Last year we all met up in the cafeteria for lunch more or less.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:45 am

there's the pre--beach-party :bangers:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 am

I hope to meet some forumites...but something tells me it will be a hit or miss thing. Tall dude with blonde hair, flanked by huge dude with no hair....then it's probably me.
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:57 am

Nicolas0928 wrote:Well, great idea the meet up :D :D :D :D
    Just look for an 18 guy, its me :headbanger:

by the end of the 5 dayis of the cruise you'll be 5 years older :bangers:
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:30 am

well without an exact time it could be difficult ... as I wouldn't want to just sit in there for 5 hours waiting for people to show up, if that were the case I'd just as soon sit up on the pool deck by one of the bars and say hi to whomever passes by.

not that I wouldn't walk around the ship again to refresh my memory on the lay out and finding where everything is (again) ...... if a group of people are in there at that time I'll stop for awhile and say what's up, how you doing type thing.

Can't wait to see you all and take this trip to hell and back :shock: :beerhorns: :givebeer: :cheers:
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:13 am

Ecliptica wrote:Hahahaha, when I heard 'pre-party', I thought that meant we would start at 9:00 AM!

Ecliptica, everytime i see your avatar I think you should be rolling by on the credits for some news team. Total anchorman smile!
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:19 am

Bahahaha, I just want everyone to know how unmetal I look so they can recognize me on the ship!

Last year I didn't really meet up with anyone that I didn't already previously know from the Los Angeles shows and I think it's because a) I'm short and hard to find [at 5'7", I felt like the shortest person -- male or female -- on the cruise] and 2) Because people had no idea what I looked like (my old avatar was John Stamos).

Now I want people to talk to me. Be my friends!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:28 am

Ecliptica wrote:Bahahaha, I just want everyone to know how unmetal I look so they can recognize me on the ship!

Last year I didn't really meet up with anyone that I didn't already previously know from the Los Angeles shows and I think it's because a) I'm short and hard to find [at 5'7", I felt like the shortest person -- male or female -- on the cruise] and 2) Because people had no idea what I looked like (my old avatar was John Stamos).

Yeah! I knew you ahead of time from the LA meetups and I still only saw you I think twice the whole cruise.
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:33 am

[quote="KevinP"]We tried this last year at breakfast and it was hard to find everyone, as there was simply too many of us (or they were tired and sleeping).

Yes, we did try this for breakfast with ShoreSlayer as host but Kevin is right that most were tired, and sleeping due to being hung over. Kevin as I remember, you had to take a quick nap as I went up for the meet/greet Breakfast. I think you were just getting in form your first all-night Karaoke fest. LOL :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This should be a do-able thing and I know that I will be doing a walk-about. As DraonLordJones says, a set time would be effective and for KDibidox, yes the Boleros was the Smokey bar which on the last night was really bad and I think that is why I had such a bad pounding headache in the morning as we were kicked off the boat at 8:00am. I really needed more nap time that morning. LOL :roll:
    All of the other days during the cruise that bar was fairly smoke free. :cool:
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:46 am

Ecliptica wrote:Bahahaha, I just want everyone to know how unmetal I look so they can recognize me on the ship!

Emppu Vuorinen is 5'3". So you won't be the shortest one this time!
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:49 am

Just breakin balls brother :)
    Trust me....metal is something you wear on the inside, not the outside

I only recently grew out my hair, and if anything, it is more an ode to my ancestors than a sign of musical affiliation. I'm all about honoring Saxons, Vikings, Jutes, Engles, Celts....etc.
    BUT....it sure is fun to bang your head in style

All that being said, I am EXTREMELY tempted to chop it off after the cruise and once more I could get ready in the mroning in 5 min as opposed to 30.

Lastly, if Bruce Dickenson and Halford have short hair certainly you can!

PS Look forward to the 7pm broadcast

Josh
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:

I only recently grew out my hair, and if anything, it is more an ode to my ancestors than a sign of musical affiliation. I'm all about honoring Saxons, Vikings, Jutes, Engles, Celts....etc.

All that being said, I am EXTREMELY tempted to chop it off after the cruise and once more I could get ready in the mroning in 5 min as opposed to 30.

your pic is a little blurry but you look like you have gorgeous hair! i know what you mean about the time to care for it though....can't you just do a quick pony tail?
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:56 pm

How hard can it be?

Time: Exactly 20 minutes past the muster drill. We all will have (time) to drink plenty before they line us up. The bands haven't start playing yet, so no one has to worry about missing a gig.
    Place: In the outdoor bar on Pool deck. 200 feet from the stage. On the other side of the pools, seen from the stage. People who can't stand smoke won't be bothered.

Or whatever.
    Last edited by Tobbe on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Tobbe wrote:How hard can it be?

Time: Exactly 20 minutes past the muster drill. We all will have (time) to drink plenty before they line us up.
    Place: In the outdoor bar on Pool deck. 200 feet from the stage. On the other side of the pools, seen from the stage. People who can't stand smoke won't be bothered.

Or whatever.

I like this!
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:

your pic is a little blurry but you look like you have gorgeous hair! i know what you mean about the time to care for it though....can't you just do a quick pony tail?

The 30 min is me waiting for it to be dry before i step into the frozen tundra up here. I don't bother with products or blowdrying or anything, just some oil if needed.
    I hate wearing pony tails....i will do that once and a while. But not often, i feel I look like a martial arts expert (ive been pumping iron for the last year or so which doesnt help the whole kung fu motif). Or worse...ever see the movie airheads?....someone called me "milo" once....fuck.

The rennaisance festival is about the only place (outside of a metal shows) where I get any comments other than "cut it". Fuckin people

Thanks for the compliment! The ladies at my work are constantly bitching at me for having fuller healthier strands. I attribute it to a high protein diet, or perhaps that is the swedish side of ye old genetics

Josh
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:
    The 30 min is me waiting for it to be dry before i step into the frozen tundra up here. I don't bother with products or blowdrying or anything.

Besides the genetics, which have a lot to do with it, i'm sure your stance on no-products and no-blowdrying keeps it very healthy.

i'm sure you look just fine in a ponytail by the way, screw anyone else, they're just jealous!
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:39 pm

The 30 min is me waiting for it to be dry before i step into the frozen tundra up here. I don't bother with products or blowdrying or anything, just some oil if needed.
    I hate wearing pony tails....i will do that once and a while. But not often, i feel I look like a martial arts expert (ive been pumping iron for the last year or so which doesnt help the whole kung fu motif). Or worse...ever see the movie airheads?....someone called me "milo" once....fuck.

The rennaisance festival is about the only place (outside of a metal shows) where I get any comments other than "cut it". Fuckin people

Thanks for the compliment! The ladies at my work are constantly bitching at me for having fuller healthier strands. I attribute it to a high protein diet, or perhaps that is the swedish side of ye old genetics
    I hear you man. The drying time is the reason I started showering at night. It takes my hair over an hour to completely dry, and I can't stand leaving the house with wet hair.
    And seriously, I don't understand why long hair upsets people so much. Was told to cut it a dozen times over the holidays... almost ruined dinner when someone came at me with a pair of scissors. :evil:

I get yelled at by women for that as well, you might be on to something with the protein. I'll have to look into that. Either that or my great grandmother was pretty friendly with some Swedes :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:41 pm

again guys, it's because you don't dye it, use any products, or blow dry it. nothing mystifying about your healthy hair. just keep that up and you'll be fine.
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Eternity wrote:The 30 min is me waiting for it to be dry before i step into the frozen tundra up here. I don't bother with products or blowdrying or anything, just some oil if needed.

I hear you man. The drying time is the reason I started showering at night. It takes my hair over an hour to completely dry, and I can't stand leaving the house with wet hair.
    And seriously, I don't understand why long hair upsets people so much. Was told to cut it a dozen times over the holidays... almost ruined dinner when someone came at me with a pair of scissors. :evil:

I get yelled at by women for that as well, you might be on to something with the protein. I'll have to look into that. Either that or my great grandmother was pretty friendly with some Swedes :lol:

I hear you brother. I don't understand why long hair offends so many

I associate long hair with freedom, sexuality, youthfulness, vitality, and the warrior spirit

What totally confounds me....ANY century outside of now, we'ed be the norm. Most of history's greatest men had long locks (not that it had anything to do with their achievements).

WizzardBeast...my blurry avatar has been pissing me off, your comment was the straw that broke the camels back. It should be fixed now.... :givebeer:

Josh
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:50 pm

i'm all for long hair! i married a guy with long dark blond hair and it just keeps getting longer! :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: '

i wish more guys had long hair, more drooling for me! hey i might be married but i still have eyes!

i don't mind short hair either, just always been a sucker especially for blond locks.
  • Post Reply 182 posts