Locked 110 posts
So what if 70k doesnt have 40 bands on the boat?
    Metaluke17
    Crewman

Re: So what if 70k doesnt have 40 bands on the boat?

by Metaluke17 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:32 pm

I am more than pleased by the current line up and really appreciate the diversity of bands that are truly metal at heart, no metalcore or deathcore bands. Some of my wantlist are already booked like Alestorm, Atheist, Annihilator, Tankard, Coroner and Pestilence. There's also many great bands I have already seen live and know they are awesome, like Cannibal Corpse, Eluveitie, Overkill, Suffocation, Kataklysm, Kamelot and Grave Digger. And of course some unexpected ones I will also enjoy for sure like Venom, Riot, Exciter, Whiplash and Virgin Steele.

My finals wish would be Morbid Angel and King Diamond. And if it happen to have a cover band like Twilight of the Gods. I would love a Death cover band, Since Chuck died 10 years ago.

Hopefully bands are set to play twice so we get another chance to not miss anything.
    2012: 4065
    Returning in 2014 cabin 3029

wishlist: D.R.I., King Diamond, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Necrophobic, Malevolent Creation, Brutality, Vreid, Suicidal Angels, Exumer, Hatchet, Myrath.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Craig just earned himself a bier on me. :heavydrink:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Metaluke17 wrote:I am more than pleased by the current line up and really appreciate the diversity of bands that are truly metal at heart, no metalcore or deathcore bands. Some of my wantlist are already booked like Alestorm, Atheist, Annihilator, Tankard, Coroner and Pestilence. There's also many great bands I have already seen live and know they are awesome, like Cannibal Corpse, Eluveitie, Overkill, Suffocation, Kataklysm, Kamelot and Grave Digger. And of course some unexpected ones I will also enjoy for sure like Venom, Riot, Exciter, Whiplash and Virgin Steele.

My finals wish would be Morbid Angel and King Diamond. And if it happen to have a cover band like Twilight of the Gods. I would love a Death cover band, Since Chuck died 10 years ago.

Hopefully bands are set to play twice so we get another chance to not miss anything.

Yay, more Quebekers! give us some quebec death on this cruise s'il vous plait!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:36 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Craig just earned himself a bier on me. :heavydrink:

duly noted
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Metaluke17
    Crewman

by Metaluke17 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Yay, more Quebekers! give us some quebec death on this cruise s'il vous plait!

I wish I could, but you already got Kataklysm and Flo Mounier from Cryptopsy is currently drumming for Annihilator. I guess Gorguts, Martyr or Quo Vadis would make sense for that matter.

wishlist: D.R.I., King Diamond, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Necrophobic, Malevolent Creation, Brutality, Vreid, Suicidal Angels, Exumer, Hatchet, Myrath.
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:19 pm

tmcasper wrote:Maybe it's just me, but the actual bands that play don't mean that much to me...I mean...I would love for 40 bands that I LOVE...but that will never be the case. An event like this is all about the community and camaraderie. I can see pretty much any one of these bands any time I want, anyplace. The thing with this cruise...(and you really miss this point if you ACTUALLY only treat it as a 'Metal Festival'), is the uniqueness of it. If you can't appreciate that...and you wanna bitch and wine about the money you paid....then don't go. This is a unique opportunity to hang out with badass metal bands, brothers, and sisters alike and celebrate in the fact that you just happened to be born at this time, to enjoy this music!!!!! (Hey...you could've been born a rap fan)...Celebrate it people...(and no...I have not been smoking pot...just drinking beers :D )

I love you all...COOMBAYAH...

In full agreement! :viking:
    Thank you,
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I think this is one of those rare cases where everyone has a valid argument, no matter what side they take :lol:

Except Kevin

fuck him

OUCH!
    Please play nice. :cool:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Michael D. wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I think this is one of those rare cases where everyone has a valid argument, no matter what side they take :lol:

Except Kevin

fuck him

OUCH!

no way, that douche insulted my family honor
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Metaluke seems like a dead ringer for Kiefer Sutherland if he got a haircut
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Disaster Area wrote:
    Michael D. wrote:
    OUCH!

Oh, sorry. :cry:
    By all means take the gloves off and kick his ass. LOL :cheers:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:48 pm

alex_canada wrote:Metaluke seems like a dead ringer for Kiefer Sutherland if he got a haircut

You're right! :shock:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:50 pm

My turn to comment.
    If I never went to see Epica on a cold, somewhat snowy Saturday night on 2/6/2010 at our GOD awful dumpy metal bar because I was bored and was looking for something to do, I never would have found out about this cruise. I walked away from their show with such a new appreciation for metal that I had not had in YEARS! They were one of the first ten bands announced last year and this idea of 40 metal bands on a ship with 2000 fans for 4 days was far too tempting to pass up. I booked out of shear blind ignorance and once the cruise was over walked away with THE best vacation experience of my life. :viking:

I chose to repeat this year despite money issues because once again being of sheer blind ignorance; I wanted to experience the event for a second time. Yes, announcements have sucked, updates have sucked, getting close to leaving and not having our tickets yet, SUCK, Not having 40 bands announced and committed, sucks but I still have a little faith that this will pull together and we cruise again. :bitch:

UMC is too far in to cancel and give refunds. SO ALL OF US NEED TO JUST SUCKIT UP! :bitch:

Sorry for the rant but I am just as frustrated as everybody else but no matter what, I am still going on vacation. This should have been in the random bitching thread. :bitch:
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant

by Disaster Area » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:51 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Metaluke seems like a dead ringer for Kiefer Sutherland if he got a haircut

You're right! :shock:

doppelganger alert

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    Metaluke17
    Crewman

by Metaluke17 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:07 pm

Kinda funny, yeah it was kinda obvious few years back when I got the haircut but I realized that headbanging without the hair really sucks, so I had to make them grow again. Since I don't lose hairs I have no reason to keep them short.

Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:10 pm

My answer to the thread topic would be: Gives us more time to chill and party everything else. If there were only 38 bands for some reason, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Metaluke17
    Crewman

by Metaluke17 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:29 pm

When I went to wacken there's was more than 60 bands on the billing list, of course I had great time there, but probably missed half of the bands I wanted to see for an obvious reason, fortunatly here we got 1 more day and less bands that will play 2 times, so we will have one more chance to not miss our favorites ones and even see them twice! Of course, we got to be there for the event itself and not for one or two particulars bands. It's not like they ressurected Chuck Shuldiner, Quorthon, Dimebag Darrell or RJ Dio to do one more gig!

Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Metaluke17 wrote:

Kinda funny, yeah it was kinda obvious few years back when I got the haircut but I realized that headbanging without the hair really sucks, so I had to make them grow again. Since I don't lose hairs I have no reason to keep them short.

Headbanging with no hair is no problem.
    I am saving to a combover, but my beard is growing so slow.
    :mrgreen:
    :viking:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Hahaha a beard combover would be quite the sight
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    tommo76
    Crewman

by tommo76 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:55 am

I am already fine with the bands we have on boarad. Every new band now would be a bonus. And if there arent any new bands, this might give the other bands a bit more playing time.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:13 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Hahaha a beard combover would be quite the sight

People have asked me when I plan on cutting my beard, and i just tell them I'm growing a comb-over that will also be molded into horns. (You'll have to ask me to show you this.)

To what others have been saying: I definitely agree that last year's lineup was better than this year's (so far), but I am still pretty fuckin' stoked for this year. :deathhorns:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:28 pm

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Hahaha a beard combover would be quite the sight

People have asked me when I plan on cutting my beard, and i just tell them I'm growing a comb-over that will also be molded into horns. (You'll have to ask me to show you this.)

To what others have been saying: I definitely agree that last year's lineup was better than this year's (so far), but I am still pretty fuckin' stoked for this year. :deathhorns:

Hah, that's gotta be an interesting sight :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:28 am

There are already more bands than I can possibly see that I want to. Sure I have a wishlist...who doesn't? Anyway, I'm happy just seeing what is already scheduled to play and with making new friends on the ship. What's the worst that can happen, we get stuck with "only" 35 big name bands? :party:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:I live in the U.S. and they managed to get a few bands I've never had a chance to see... so, I legitimately think they're doin' a great job

I agree with most of your posts. This one especially.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:02 am

Michael D. wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:
    Michael D. wrote:
    OUCH!

I tried to get him some back door action and this is the thanks I get :roll:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:03 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:There are already more bands than I can possibly see that I want to. Sure I have a wishlist...who doesn't? Anyway, I'm happy just seeing what is already scheduled to play and with making new friends on the ship. What's the worst that can happen, we get stuck with "only" 35 big name bands? :party:

YAY! In complete agreement! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:52 am

KevinP wrote:
    Michael D. wrote:
    Disaster Area wrote:no way, that douche insulted my family honor

I tried to get him some back door action and this is the thanks I get :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Laura wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:There are already more bands than I can possibly see that I want to. Sure I have a wishlist...who doesn't? Anyway, I'm happy just seeing what is already scheduled to play and with making new friends on the ship. What's the worst that can happen, we get stuck with "only" 35 big name bands? :party:

YAY! In complete agreement! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I also agree completely with that post! :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Coseuve
    Oiler

by Coseuve » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:09 am

I would be satisfied with the amount of 35 bands.
    Unfortunately I am not very satisfied with the billing. But thats a matter of taste. :bitch:

So I still hope for 40 bands and 5 bands that hit my taste... like Kreator or Municipal Waste or... Dying Fetus... :deathmetal:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 pm

gnoff wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:It's interesting how inevitably every couple of days someone has a new panic. I thought we'd been through the worst of it with the month+ of no announcements, but thought it would abate with the string of announcements. But go less than a week without an announcement, and people start panicking again. :roll:

you weren't here last year, it was pretty bad :lol:

This is very true. We were the ones defending the entire thing as not being a scam (as they unlucky bastards who didn't go would like to trumpet on about :lol: ) so the tension was even higher.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 pm

KevinP wrote:I tried to get him some back door action and this is the thanks I get :roll:

Hey, there’s a song about that. :shock:
    http://youtu.be/8-SXYALnr0M
    I hear this is the tune that Deep Purple will be playing first as they take to the pool deck stage to kick the 2012 cruise to hell off. ;)

They are filling 1 of the last 5 remaining spots. :cool:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Coseuve wrote:Kreator

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
Locked 110 posts