Post Reply 94 posts
Will you see _____ ?
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: Will you see _____ ?

by KevinP » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Metaluke17 wrote:Kevin, Last time I have seen God Dethroned they were with Overkill, Vader, Evile and Warbringer, and It was my feeling. it's probably only based on a few songs from Passiondale and Into the Lung of Hell, but that's it! I was not much impressed so I passed to the next one. I might give it a second chance, after all this is set like a kind of Farewell show. :beerwink:

I was under the assumption that you though KATAKLYSM were around BEFORE God Dethroned or that God Dethroned were a "clone" of Kataklysm, that's all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:32 pm

I think the bigger deciding point on these 2 bands is that God Dethroned suck ass and Kataklysm don't
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Metalwrath wrote:I think the bigger deciding point on these 2 bands is that God Dethroned suck ass and Kataklysm don't

Remind me to buy you a shot or two in Miami :deathmetal:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:41 pm

except that God Dethroned fucking rules
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:54 pm

High/Med/Low

HIGH - try my hardest to see both sets
    Elueitie
    Grave Digger
    Nightwish
    Stratovarius
    Kamelot
    Alestorm

Medium - would like to see at least one, if not both sets
    Tristania
    Therion
    My Dying Bride
    Amorphis
    Hammerfall
    Children of Bodom
    Orphaned Land
    Riot

Low - not a fan, but might catch a set
    Crowbar
    Virgin Steele
    Pretty Maids
    Annihilator
    Coroner
    Tankard
    God Dethroned
    Kataklysm

Zero - no interest at all, won't see them
    In Extremo
    Samael
    Athiest
    Pestilence
    Dark Funeral
    Moonsorrow
    Overkill
    Whiplash
    Cannibal Corpse
    Suffocation
    Venom
    Exciter
    Channel Zero

2011 I saw 12 bands twice and 4 bands once - 28 gigs. If I see all my highs twice, and my med/lows once, that also puts me to 28 :P Interesting that while I don't view the lineup for 2012 as suited to me as 2011, I still could end up seeing the same amount of gigs :roll:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:25 pm

That's a pretty good way to organize, Stats Man. Here we go...

High Priority (for sure one set, hopefully both)
    Elueitie
    Alestorm
    Hammerfall
    Orphaned Land
    Annihilator
    God Dethroned
    Dark Funeral
    Moonsorrow
    Cannibal Corpse
    Overkill
    Venom
    Tankard

Medium (will try to catch a set)
    Nightwish
    My Dying Bride
    Children of Bodom
    Kataklysm
    Pestilence

Low (if I happen to be there with nothing else to do)
    Grave Digger
    Stratovarius
    Riot
    Coroner
    Athiest
    Exciter

Nope (don't give a shit)
    Kamelot
    Tristania
    Therion
    Amorphis
    Crowbar
    Virgin Steele
    Pretty Maids
    In Extremo
    Samael
    Whiplash
    Suffocation
    Channel Zero
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:28 pm

HIGH - try my hardest to see both sets
    Annihilator
    Hammerfall
    Riot
    Stratovarius
    Tankard
    Therion

Medium - would like to see at least one, if not both sets
    Alestorm
    Dark Funeral
    Exciter
    God Dethroned
    Grave Digger
    Kamelot
    Kataklysm
    Overkill
    Pretty Maids
    Virgin Steele

Low - not a fan, but might catch a set
    Elueitie
    Coroner
    Orphaned Land

Zero - no interest at all, won't see them
    Amorphis
    Athiest
    Cannibal Corpse
    Channel Zero
    Children of Bodom
    Crowbar
    In Extremo
    Pestilence
    Moonsorrow
    My Dying Bride
    Nightwish
    Samael
    Suffocation
    Tristania
    Venom
    Whiplash
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:57 pm

High - Seeing both sets if the schedule permits
    Eluveitie
    Samael
    Kamelot
    Alestorm
    Children of Bodom

Medium - Will definitely see one set
    Dark Funeral
    God Dethroned
    Hammerfall
    Nightwish
    In Extremo
    Orphaned Land
    Amorphis
    Kataklysm
    Athiest
    Cannibal Corpse
    Venom
    My Dying Bride
    Moonsorrow

Low - I'll see one if I'm passing by
    Overkill
    Annihilator
    Stratovarius
    Tankard
    Therion
    Pestilence
    Coroner
    Tristania
    Suffocation

Zero - NAP TIME!!!
    Channel Zero
    Pretty Maids
    Virgin Steele
    Exciter
    Crowbar
    Whiplash
    Riot
    Grave Digger
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:31 pm

High - Seeing both sets if the schedule permits
    Eluveitie
    Overkill
    Annihilator
    Alestorm
    Children of Bodom
    Tristania

Medium - Will definitely see one set
    Stratovarius
    Tankard
    Therion
    Hammerfall
    Nightwish
    Orphaned Land

Low - I'll see one if I'm passing by
    Venom
    Riot
    Grave Digger
    Kamelot
    Amorphis
    Dark Funeral
    My Dying Bride
    Pretty Maids
    Virgin Steele

Zero - HANGING OUT TIME
    Channel Zero
    Kataklysm
    Athiest
    Cannibal Corpse
    Pestilence
    Coroner
    Suffocation
    God Dethroned
    Exciter
    Crowbar
    Samael
    Whiplash
    In Extremo
    Moonsorrow

:viking:
    eric
    Oiler

by eric » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:54 pm

High Priority :

Overkill
    Venom
    Nightwish
    Hammerfall
    Cannibal Corpse
    Pestilence
    Samael
    Annihilator
    Dark Funeral
    Moonsorrow
    Tankard

Medium :

Suffocation
    Coroner
    Athiest
    Exciter
    Therion
    My Dying Bride
    Children of Bodom
    Kataklysm
    Whiplash
    Orphaned Land
    God Dethroned

Low:

Elueitie
    Alestorm
    Grave Digger
    Stratovarius
    Riot
    Kamelot
    Tristania
    Amorphis

Not at all:

Crowbar
    Virgin Steele
    Pretty Maids
    In Extremo
    Channel Zero
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 am

Alestorm - Naw, I've seen em enough and they come through towwn all the time
    Amorphis - Never got into em, saw them with Samael and after a few shows, I took off to see Hirax a couple of blocks down the street.
    Annihilator - YESSSS!!! Both sets!
    Atheist - Yes, I would like two see both sets of these underrated legends.
    Cannibal Corpse - Probably not. I love me some Corpse, but I've seen em like 5 or 6 times. I wanna see some bands I haven't seen yet.
    Channel Zero - Maybe, maybe not. I like their debut album, but after that they're just not my cup of metal.
    Children of Bodom - No, don't give a shit about them once they got to their third release.
    Coroner - YYYEEESSSS!!! One of the top two reasons for me to go to this fest!
    Crowbar - No, this band just is not my style at all.
    Dark Funeral - I would like to see them once. If I do, then I wont need to see them when they come around town in February.
    Eluveitie - Absolutely not, seen them enough and they come through all the time. Also, I was never into them that much to begin with.
    Exciter - YYYEESSS!!! I wish Beehler was still with them, but I've gotta see Exciter, they never come through town.
    God Dethroned - Already have seen them a couple of times, but this is their farwell show, I really should check them out once again.
    Grave Digger - Yes! Another reason I'm going. I wanna see both sets.
    Hammerfall - No, saw them on tour with Dio in 2002, they were alright, but really not my style of power metal.
    In Extremo - Not my cup of metal at all.
    Kamelot - I'm really not into this band anymore. I saw them once and that was enough for me.
    Kataklysm - Seen em plenty of times, and they were ruined for me after I saw them follow Destruction. Just too boring for me.
    Moonsorrow - I love this band and would like to see both sets, but I've seen them twice already, and can't miss the bands I haven't seen yet.
    My Dying Bride - I've gotta see them at least once.
    Nightwish - Saw them in 2004. I'm ok, they just don't do it for me live.
    Orphaned Land- Stuff like this does not come through every day. I wanna see them at least once.
    Over Kill - Seen them three times, but damnit, they're one of my favorites. Gotta see some Over Kill!!
    Pestilence - One of my favorite Death Metal bands ever. Saw them a couple years ago and they completely kicked ass.
    Pretty Maids- Never was interested in this band.
    Riot - Gotta see Riot at least once. Hoping for Thundersteel in it's entirety.
    Samael - Saw them once, and would like to see them again.
    Stratovarious - Never cared for them. This style of power metal is NOT for me.
    Suffocation - They're always great live, but they come through town all the time. I'm going to familiarize myself with other bands.
    Tankard - YYYEEESSS!!!!! They tie with Coroner for the main reason that I'm going! Can't miss any Tankard!
    Therion - They came through once in 2005 and I missed them, and everyone told me how awesome they were. Gotta see them at least once.
    Tristania - Gotta see them at least once. They never head through here.
    Venom - YES!!!! CAN'T MISS ANY VENOM!!!!
    Virgin Steele - Gotta see Virgin Steele at least once. If they live up to my expectation, then I'll probly see them a second time
    Whiplash - Yes!!! Gotta see myself some POWER AND PAIN, as well as some "Ticket to Mayhem."
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:I think the bigger deciding point on these 2 bands is that God Dethroned suck ass and Kataklysm don't

Remind me to buy you a shot or two in Miami :deathmetal:

Pete liking a band is the kiss of death.n remember that. :beerbang:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:49 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Alestorm - Naw, I've seen em enough and they come through towwn all the time
    Amorphis - Never got into em, saw them with Samael and after a few shows, I took off to see Hirax a couple of blocks down the street.
    Annihilator - YESSSS!!! Both sets!
    Atheist - Yes, I would like two see both sets of these underrated legends.
    Cannibal Corpse - Probably not. I love me some Corpse, but I've seen em like 5 or 6 times. I wanna see some bands I haven't seen yet.
    Channel Zero - Maybe, maybe not. I like their debut album, but after that they're just not my cup of metal.
    Children of Bodom - No, don't give a shit about them once they got to their third release.
    Coroner - YYYEEESSSS!!! One of the top two reasons for me to go to this fest!
    Crowbar - No, this band just is not my style at all.
    Dark Funeral - I would like to see them once. If I do, then I wont need to see them when they come around town in February.
    Eluveitie - Absolutely not, seen them enough and they come through all the time. Also, I was never into them that much to begin with.
    Exciter - YYYEESSS!!! I wish Beehler was still with them, but I've gotta see Exciter, they never come through town.
    God Dethroned - Already have seen them a couple of times, but this is their farwell show, I really should check them out once again.
    Grave Digger - Yes! Another reason I'm going. I wanna see both sets.
    Hammerfall - No, saw them on tour with Dio in 2002, they were alright, but really not my style of power metal.
    In Extremo - Not my cup of metal at all.
    Kamelot - I'm really not into this band anymore. I saw them once and that was enough for me.
    Kataklysm - Seen em plenty of times, and they were ruined for me after I saw them follow Destruction. Just too boring for me.
    Moonsorrow - I love this band and would like to see both sets, but I've seen them twice already, and can't miss the bands I haven't seen yet.
    My Dying Bride - I've gotta see them at least once.
    Nightwish - Saw them in 2004. I'm ok, they just don't do it for me live.
    Orphaned Land- Stuff like this does not come through every day. I wanna see them at least once.
    Over Kill - Seen them three times, but damnit, they're one of my favorites. Gotta see some Over Kill!!
    Pestilence - One of my favorite Death Metal bands ever. Saw them a couple years ago and they completely kicked ass.
    Pretty Maids- Never was interested in this band.
    Riot - Gotta see Riot at least once. Hoping for Thundersteel in it's entirety.
    Samael - Saw them once, and would like to see them again.
    Stratovarious - Never cared for them. This style of power metal is NOT for me.
    Suffocation - They're always great live, but they come through town all the time. I'm going to familiarize myself with other bands.
    Tankard - YYYEEESSS!!!!! They tie with Coroner for the main reason that I'm going! Can't miss any Tankard!
    Therion - They came through once in 2005 and I missed them, and everyone told me how awesome they were. Gotta see them at least once.
    Tristania - Gotta see them at least once. They never head through here.
    Venom - YES!!!! CAN'T MISS ANY VENOM!!!!
    Virgin Steele - Gotta see Virgin Steele at least once. If they live up to my expectation, then I'll probly see them a second time
    Whiplash - Yes!!! Gotta see myself some POWER AND PAIN, as well as some "Ticket to Mayhem."

Thanks for posting this for me. We're almost identical on most (not all) of these!! :headbanger:

You sir, have excellent taste in metal! :deathhorns:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Well brother, it sounds like we're going to get along just great on this fest! :cheers:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial