Post Reply 84 posts
What are you bringing to get signed?
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: What are you bringing to get signed?

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:38 pm

KevinP wrote:Not a signature guy. Never quite understood what it means to have someone sign their name to it. Yeah I have the CD that you created, now I need PROOF that you saw I owned it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

TEHO

For me, it not so much a case of "I need PROOF that you saw I owned it".

Its partly so I can say "look - the legends that created that masterful piece of music, signed their name on it for me". Looks great framed, and is a great conversation piece.

Also - I like signatures, I collect them. I have signatures from movie stars, TV stars, models, etc. Just a little hobby of mine. I've got autographs from people such as Claudia Schiffer, Tricia Helfer, most of the cast of Firefly/Serenity, Megan Gale, Jennifer Hawkins, Dita Von Teese, etc etc.

What I don't get, is when people get 50 bazillion things autographed. I just take 1 thing, maybe 2 tops.

And I also don't get when people get band members to autograph stuff, when they weren't even in the band when it was recorded.

"Hey Anette - can you please autograph this slick from ONCE for me?" :P :?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Meh about the whole signing thing.Yeah i've gotten my Irish flag signed by Pretty Maids and Stratovarious when i was bored and drinking at metalywa festival because thats where we agreed to meet up with friends.Also i got a Spanish friend we met called Jesus who was a drummer for a power metal band which i thouight was funny geting Jesus's signature.
    But yeah band members are jsut regular metalheads too.Hey they write and play good music but i couldn't give a shit about having them sign stuff.One thing i like about the cruise.Just being able to get drunk and hang around with bands without that obilgatory crap which is pretty much what a meet and greet is.They wait and sign shit for peopel.Listen to this and that stupid question.
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:51 pm

The albums and some photos I have with Therion guys :cheers:

.. It would be propper to ask Tobias Sammet to sign Avantasia's albums?
    or Marco Hietala Tarot or Northern Kings' albums?
    Last edited by Alex Fields on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm gonna get my ass craic signed my Nightwish and then run around showing off my signature to everyone
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Alex Fields wrote:The albums and some photos I have with Therion guys :cheers:

.. It would be propper to ask Tobias Sammet to sign Avantasia's albums?
    or Marco Hietala Tarot or Northern Kings' albums?

Yeah that would not be a drama - I'm probably gonna take a Tarot cd for Marco to sign.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Can't say I know the number of items off the top of my head, but I've already set aside all the inserts and such from the albums I have from the artists in attendance. Primarily looking to get stuff signed by Moonsorrow and My Dying Bride. I've got most (maybe even all) of Bodom's releases, so I'll maybe get those signed if their session doesn't conflict with any shows...also would get my Sinergy and Warmen albums signed too!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:20 pm

Metalwrath wrote:I'm gonna get my ass craic signed my Nightwish and then run around showing off my signature to everyone

They can use your dingleberries to dot the I's in Nightwish :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:18 pm

So what is signature ediquette when it comes to getting an album signed only by the current members who were PART of that release? I don't often get sigs and would like to grab a few for fun sake

Seems to be two schools of thought
    A) You're in the band now, which means I want your sig
    B) Only the bandmates directly responsible for that release should sign it

I am not sure how I feel about this one.
    Atheist and Grave Digger are two examples of bands I would like to get a sig from....but do I get new member sigs along with founding members?

Tough call....I could certainly see how someone could come off as a douche for only wanting Cronos sig for example.

What say you?
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:So what is signature ediquette when it comes to getting an album signed only by the current members who were PART of that release? I don't often get sigs and would like to grab a few for fun sake

Atheist and Grave Digger are two examples of bands I would like to get a sig from....but do I get new member sigs along with founding members?

Tough call....I could certainly see how someone could come off as a douche for only wanting Cronos sig for example.

What say you?

get all the sig's you can.

the members that are in the band now probably worked hard to get there and learned all the back catalog material...if they are comfortable signing it, let them sign. it's a piece of "now". just my opinion as someone who plays in bands.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:27 pm

I don't think I'm gonna bring anything to get signed. Whatever merch I buy on broad I'll probably try to signed, but it's not super important.
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Castroh wrote:I don't think I'm gonna bring anything to get signed. Whatever merch I buy on broad I'll probably try to signed, but it's not super important.

i also don't do signatures. they don't mean anything to me, but others can enjoy!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm bringing my Hammerfall socks (srs)

Other than that, I'm not sure. I was trying to figure this out earlier and all bands I want signed merch from, I already have on my wall. Wouldn't mind something from Nightwish or Therion again though.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:52 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:So what is signature ediquette when it comes to getting an album signed only by the current members who were PART of that release? I don't often get sigs and would like to grab a few for fun sake

What say you?

get all the sig's you can.

the members that are in the band now probably worked hard to get there and learned all the back catalog material...if they are comfortable signing it, let them sign. it's a piece of "now". just my opinion as someone who plays in bands.

That's kind of my gut feeling on it. If you're good enough to play with the songs live....
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    Noelolz
    Petty Officer

by Noelolz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Kataklysm - Prevail vinyl and poster
    Nightwish - Imaginaerium CD, Dark Passion play picture disc vinyl and poster
    Cannibal Corpse- a few cd jackets and a dvd
    God Dethroned- Under the sign of the iron cross cd
    Amorphis- DVD
    Edguy - DVD and Rocket Ride EP
    Eluveitie- Everything remains as it never was cd
    Stratovarius - Elements pt 1 cd
    hammerfall - infected cd
    Riot - Restless Breed vinyl
    Samael - Above cd
    Tankard- an old epic beer stein i found in my dad's basement :givebeer:

Metal Vest: ( the larger canvas patches)
    Dark funeral
    Katakylsm
    Edguy
    Hamemrfall
    Stratovarius

:cool:
    Bring on #7! Booked Cabin 2313!
    70k 2011, 2012, BTH, 2013, 2014, 2015 Survivor
    Wishlist: Haken*Edguy*SymphonyX*Moonspell*Devin Townsend*Masterplan*Gojira*Avantasia*Ayreon*Starkill*Arsis*Leprous*Anaal Nathrakh*Enslaved*Rhapsody of Fire
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:52 pm

@Neck-Wrecker, it may seem kinda douchey if ya were to ask a current band member to sign something they weren't a part of creating, however I'm sure some of them may be okay with not signing whatever at their discretion. When I was getting my Nevermore stuff signed, the rhythm guitarist (honestly forget his name, but he referred to himself as Nevermore's "flavor of the month" lol), he actually brought up the topic himself, and volunteered to only sign the DVD jacket (Year of the Voyoager) and a poster.; I believe the bassist also did the same.

As you said though, definitely a tough call!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:57 pm

I agree nekro.

I think its a judgement call.

I got my copy of Strong Arm of the Law signed by all the guys from Saxon last year. Even though only a couple actually appeared on the album, I didn't feel bad about it because THEY were all up on stage playing it.

BUT, I wouldn't shove a Tarja-era Nightwish CD in front of Anette and ask her to sign it, nor would I feel comfortable putting a Timo Tolkki-era Stratovarius CD in front of the guys and asking them to sign it.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:15 pm

I feel like I just had this discussion with some people. Was it over Skype with some forumites a few days ago? For me, I wouldn't have someone sign something they weren't a part of creating, namely CDs but any other band stuff you have to sign have them do it. Unless it's something with a band photo that a member is not in. I guess you could have them sign their name over the person they replaced :lol:
    Anka
    Petty Officer

by Anka » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:31 pm

wait a minute, so Snowy Shaw will be on board! :lol: i was wondering about that a few days ago but didn't bother to check the lineup, ignorant! That's it, back on track, time to focus.
    I will bring some cd sleeves just in case but i don't intend to run around to have them signed ..... but honestly, im hoping most for a signature on the Obscura cd-s from the Pestilence bassist :oops: im actually very nervous about approaching him with this, now that he's not in Obscura anymore but ... i will try!

:givebeer:
    No band request signature. Surprise me!
    Anka
    Petty Officer

by Anka » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:35 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Behemoth (@20 items) (when they get announced) ;)

:shock:
    :shots:
    is this wishful thinking or .........
    No band request signature. Surprise me!
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:46 am

cowboy71 wrote:I agree nekro.

I think its a judgement call.

I got my copy of Strong Arm of the Law signed by all the guys from Saxon last year. Even though only a couple actually appeared on the album, I didn't feel bad about it because THEY were all up on stage playing it.

BUT, I wouldn't shove a Tarja-era Nightwish CD in front of Anette and ask her to sign it, nor would I feel comfortable putting a Timo Tolkki-era Stratovarius CD in front of the guys and asking them to sign it.

I'm bringing Lokikirja booklet to be signed, as good as Imaginaerum one. Anette is the new singer and really like how she fit in Nighwish, even like her more than Tarja. She sings the old songs, so I want her to sign it. But if she refuse I will accept it.
    Same with Stratovarius. I have 5 or 6 booklets and hope they will sign all.
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:15 am

Anka wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:Behemoth (@20 items) (when they get announced) ;)

:shock:
    :shots:
    is this wishful thinking or .........

Yes it is. :mrgreen: :deathmetal:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:00 am

KevinP wrote:Not a signature guy. Never quite understood what it means to have someone sign their name to it. Yeah I have the CD that you created, now I need PROOF that you saw I owned it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

TEHO

Signatures can be used in very specific, very powerful magic. :twisted:

Not that I would, or condone it.

Actually, I think for most people, it's proof that they met the person.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:32 am

I bought really big canvas tavlas to get signed. Here are the pictures for various bands

http://achillesblogg.se/2012/1/10/the-black-canvas.aspx

I will also bring my Nightwish Imaginarium cd, and will also buy Sitra ahtra cd with Therion to get signed.

I would love to afford more of these canvas pictures, so I could get God Dethroned, Amorphis, Cannibal Corpse and Therion aswell, but fuck that ...it will do with cds or just a picture with the band, means more anyways.

Will be a nice addition to my future metal temple!=)

Edit: last two bands should be Behemoth and Turisas ! Then I would have to buy two express canvas =9
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:52 am

Those are awesome! Especially the Alestorm one.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:56 am

I am bringing nothing to get signed. I need all the space I can get in my luggage for hair products, right?

In all seriousness though, if I really need proof I'll just get a picture.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:57 am

viathyn wrote:I am bringing nothing to get signed. I need all the space I can get in my luggage for hair products, right?

In all seriousness though, if I really need proof I'll just get a picture.

Get a bottle of shampoo signed.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:59 am

Who's got really epic hair that would do signing a shampoo bottle justice?
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:15 am

Tomi from Amorphis?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:50 am

I would ecstatically bring my Tankard DVD to get signed but it's looking like it's missing in Action. Stolen?? AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:07 pm

viathyn wrote:Who's got really epic hair that would do signing a shampoo bottle justice?

Stained Class wrote:Image
    Tomi from Amorphis?

Dreadlocks + shampoo?
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:10 pm

mooyagi wrote:Dreadlocks + shampoo?

Oh c'mon stereotyper :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadlocks#Methods_of_making_dreadlocks
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Dreadlocks + shampoo?

Oh c'mon stereotyper :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadlocks#Methods_of_making_dreadlocks

What stereotyping? I know fuck all of dreads. People I know that have had them said they couldn't shampoo them except for really special shampoos. Is that right?

Note: Can't view the link because it's Wednesday and Wikipedia and many other websites are blacked out today in protest of some legislation that's working its way through Congress in the United States (though it may be stalled for the time being).
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:15 pm

I've never had 'em but, from what I've been told, people can get them now through a variety of treatment and product combinations that don't require them to go without shampooing their hair.

But mostly I was just tryin' to bug ya :P
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:41 am

From what I know dreads you can't shampoo until they start to dread, but once they are going you can start shampooing them again. Takes a couple months. I don't really know that much though, he was just asking who had epic hair.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:48 am

Anka wrote:wait a minute, so Snowy Shaw will be on board! :lol: i was wondering about that a few days ago but didn't bother to check the lineup, ignorant! That's it, back on track, time to focus.
    I will bring some cd sleeves just in case but i don't intend to run around to have them signed ..... but honestly, im hoping most for a signature on the Obscura cd-s from the Pestilence bassist :oops: im actually very nervous about approaching him with this, now that he's not in Obscura anymore but ... i will try!

:givebeer:

He'll be onbroad for sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHg9H62u3jU
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:24 am

The most I ever bring for a band to sign is 2 items.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:31 am

.......my ass ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Libertine69
    Crewman

by Libertine69 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:34 am

First let me start by saying that I am old school, and I support bands, ie, I buy their stuff, I DO NOT COPYRIGHT INFRINGE. I do however have a large collection of Therion photos from various sources on my computer. This being said, I need an opinion here...

Is it in poor taste, or would it be deemed inappropriate for me to print copies of some of these photos to have signed by Therion? I would gladly purchase promo photos, etc, but...I have my heart set now on getting a large size band photo printed & signed. I can't seem to find posters of the band or any high quality pics for sale. And of course, it's a bit late now to order any if I could.

Therion is my absolute favorite band. They can do no wrong. I so badly want a framed signed group shot with guitar picks behind the glass. Not to mention that I have tried, and failed, to see Therion for YEARS. This event means more to me than I can describe.

I have never done an official meet & greet. Is it bad etiquette to try and shake someones hand while they are at the signing table? As much as I want to shake hands with Lori Lewis and Christopher Johnsson, I do not want to offend.

Thanks
    70k 2012 - 5016
    Barge to Hell - 2563
    70K 2013 - 2625
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:42 am

debborah1 wrote:.......my ass ;)

Really for each band I always bring a painting and maybe one other item.
    That is it.
    I respect the band members. I am very patient.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:51 am

STACH100 wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:.......my ass ;)

Really for each band I always bring a painting and maybe one other item.
    That is it.
    I respect the band members. I am very patient.

no silly.......Im bringing MY ASS.....to be signed....that is all lol....Man....they will have
    to write really small! as I don't have alot of junk in my trunk if ya know wut I mean!

OH!....and don't forget we're having a beer together onbroad!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED