Post Reply 34 posts Page 1 of 1
No Prog :(
    viathyn
    Commander

No Prog :(

by viathyn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:00 am

Well, for the second year we have no progressive bands. Considering it's one of my favorite genres, I'm really disappointed it's not being represented.

At least Orphaned Land, Atheist, and Therion have some progressive tendencies.

Don't get me wrong, I love the line-up, but pretty much every other major sub-genre has some bands. Maybe this has to do with the type of people in progressive bands? Maybe they wouldn't like the atmosphere.

So I propose a cheers between myself, Laura, Rhia, Dan, Joey, Ryan, Daenerys + Monmisreal, Neckwrecker, and of course any other prog fans that have slipped my mind, to our fallen brethren of weird song structures and time signatures.

:3drunks:
    Last edited by viathyn on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

Re: No Prog :(

by Monmisreal » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:26 am

We will get little tastes from random sets but thats it :|

Maybe hes saving the prog to announce for barge :lol:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:28 am

Yeah, THAT would make sense...

hahaha.

Please check out my band

• Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:31 am

Imagine the raging if that happened haha. For me to even think about barge the first couple bands better make my shit my pants
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:33 am

Oh, I'd go nuts. It's silly not to have prog with power metal, the powerprog festival is a shining example that they're very complimentary! I'd be furious; I can't afford two cruises! haha.

Thing is, I could see guys like Cynic or Ihsahn being on barge..

Please check out my band

• Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:36 am

viathyn wrote:Oh, I'd go nuts. It's silly not to have prog with power metal, the powerprog festival is a shining example that they're very complimentary! I'd be furious; I can't afford two cruises! haha.

Thing is, I could see guys like Cynic or Ihsahn being on barge..

Ihsahn and Hypocrisy being announced off the bat would sell me. Other than that ill end up being very picky.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:46 am

:3drunks: Hopefully we'll see Andy on the boat an be able to convince him next year. To be fair, he DID offer Symphony X a spot and I'm sure that's not the only progpower band he offered to so it wasn't his fault. I'm more mad at Pinella for being a little girl.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:48 am

Symphony X and Iced Earth will be the hangover cure we get to anticipate for February :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:51 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Symphony X and Iced Earth will be the hangover cure we get to anticipate for February :shred:

Fuck me I'm excited for that show!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:52 am

Stained Class wrote::3drunks: Hopefully we'll see Andy on the boat an be able to convince him next year. To be fair, he DID offer Symphony X a spot and I'm sure that's not the only progpower band he offered to so it wasn't his fault. I'm more mad at Pinella for being a little girl.

You get to see them at progpower usa though huh?

If so, you can have my MARTA bus transportation card for Atlanta. Itll save you like 2 bucks and I doubt theres anything short of a Lost Horizon reunion that will make me want to go to the midweek mayhem sets. Have the cruise and hopefully Metalfest Croatia this year so I just dont think I can swing anything else.
    Last edited by Monmisreal on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 am

no prog = moar better
    AntonioRJ
    Crewman

by AntonioRJ » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:08 am

I d like to see Symphony X and Shadow Gallery. Maybe next year...
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:12 am

QYB you brillo head Canadian :P :lol: :lol: :P
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:25 am

Metalwrath wrote:no prog = moar better

Soon... I will punch you in the dick :P

KevinP wrote:QYB you brillo head Canadian :P :lol: :lol: :P

I don't recall me complaining about your constant pining for wishlist bands, you middleage-mutant-ninja-twat! :roll:

I speak for a whole group of people here, and ENTIRE GENRE hasn't been represented! What if that had been death? Or thrash?

:wank:

Please check out my band

Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:22 am

So it was Pinella that didn't want to do the cruise. When we had a meet and greet with SX, Russel Allen seemed like he was all for it :cry:
    Maybe next year...I wouldve taken any Russell Allen band
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:37 am

viathyn wrote:
    I speak for a whole group of people here, and ENTIRE GENRE hasn't been represented! What if that had been death? Or thrash?

you do speak for me...they missed out on prog nearly completely. there were so many choices, too....a lot of people would have went wild over borknagar, ihsahn, andromeda, devin townsend, symphony x, riverside, etc etc etc...

i am hungrily licking my chops for the little proggish scraps they did give me which include pestilence, atheist, and to a degree orphaned land.

sigh. however i am still fucking excited! but i do lament the lack of prog which is my fave genre....
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:06 pm

viathyn wrote:I don't recall me complaining about your constant pining for wishlist bands, you middleage-mutant-ninja-twat! :roll:

Well Andy knows better than to ignore the 2 best genres (death & thrash). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Logically you can make the case that it's the LEAST asked for and popular genre (just based on band requests)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:29 pm

I dunno, what genre do Channel zero, Megora fall into? Cause I don't think anyone requested that!

I don't recall anyone requesting grind, alternative, drone, funk, industrial, metalcore, nu, post, or stoner metal!

I mean, for the sheer amount of people asking for, say, Symphony X... (I know they turned it down, just an example)

It may not be anywhere near the most popular subgenre, but to have 0 out of 84 fall into the category?

Please check out my band

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:38 pm

viathyn wrote:I dunno, what genre do Channel zero, Megora fall into? Cause I don't think anyone requested that!

I don't recall anyone requesting grind, alternative, drone, funk, industrial, metalcore, nu, post, or stoner metal!

I mean, for the sheer amount of people asking for, say, Symphony X... (I know they turned it down, just an example)

It may not be anywhere near the most popular subgenre, but to have 0 out of 84 fall into the category?

Besides X we don't really know what other bands potentially turned them down though.

And most of those filler bands I'm guessing are "politics" or "cheap ones" as well.

Maybe you got a point now that I think about it. I asked for MADDER MORTEM ad naseum (they have proggy elements) and they never made it. Maybe they should call it 70,000 Tons of Non Prog Metal.

Which means you'll have to wait for Barge to Off Time Signature Hell :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 pm

WizardBeast wrote:borknagar

:lol: :lol: :lol: When I was in HS I had a dream that I saw Borknagar and Solefald the same night...even though I know thatll never happen. Id destroy people to see Borknagar live, they have some of my favorite musicians all in the same damn band.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Besides X we don't really know what other bands potentially turned them down though.

And most of those filler bands I'm guessing are "politics" or "cheap ones" as well.

Maybe you got a point now that I think about it. I asked for MADDER MORTEM ad naseum (they have proggy elements) and they never made it. Maybe they should call it 70,000 Tons of Non Prog Metal.

Which means you'll have to wait for Barge to Off Time Signature Hell :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    A whole ship full of prog would just be nuts. It would explode!

Either way, I don't want this to come off as too gripey, because I am insanely excited for this thing to get going again. Best week ever ahead!

Hopefully sometime in the future a small handful of prog bands in the line-up can appease us pretentious d-bags haha. Hell, even 1 or 2.

Man, I'm even getting excited to see YOU if you can believe that. I'm going to smack you in your fat bald head and then give you a hug.

Please check out my band

Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:02 pm

despite the non prog i am super fucking pumped. I have so many shows to look forward to onboard it's more than OK.
    Still an amazing lineup :wank:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    ejd715
    Petty Officer

by ejd715 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:25 pm

I agree, there should have been at least 2-3 prog bands. I was hoping for Anubis Gate, Solution .45 and pagans mind, but no dice...
    2011-#3500 (barely survived!)
    2012-#4025 (piece of cake!)
    Barge To Hell
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:44 pm

viathyn wrote:Man, I'm even getting excited to see YOU if you can believe that. I'm going to smack you in your fat bald head and then give you a hug.

:heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Monmisreal wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: When I was in HS I had a dream that I saw Borknagar and Solefald the same night...even though I know thatll never happen. Id destroy people to see Borknagar live, they have some of my favorite musicians all in the same damn band.

I saw Borknagar close to a decade ago... it was awesome. seriously.
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:11 pm

I absolutely would request stoner (High On Fire), post (does Neurosis count? Pelican??), metalcore (As I Lay Dying), and industrial metal (Fear Factory again please).

I would much rather have prog than power though.
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:24 pm

I feel better knowing Symphony X was offered a spot. Now, I am very curious as to why x turned it down. Love these guys, and would have been so much more pumped for them had they decided to go.

Any logic behind the rejection?
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:I feel better knowing Symphony X was offered a spot. Now, I am very curious as to why x turned it down. Love these guys, and would have been so much more pumped for them had they decided to go.

One of them had issues with being too cool to.want to interact with fans cause he'd be stuck on a boat
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    hodgy
    Crewman

by hodgy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 am

viathyn wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:no prog = moar better

Soon... I will punch you in the dick :P

KevinP wrote:QYB you brillo head Canadian :P :lol: :lol: :P

I don't recall me complaining about your constant pining for wishlist bands, you middleage-mutant-ninja-twat! :roll:

Or what if it had been glam or butt rock? Oh, right those aren't being represented either, unless you count Pretty Maids. Which I don't. I would have loved to have some more Prog onbroad. Playing in 4/4 all the time is for chumps.
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:46 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:

Hatchu!...seriously :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:47 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: When I was in HS I had a dream that I saw Borknagar and Solefald the same night...even though I know thatll never happen. Id destroy people to see Borknagar live, they have some of my favorite musicians all in the same damn band.

Hatchu!...seriously :lol:

it'd be awesome to see them again

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:50 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:it'd be awesome to see them again

Id love to see them now. Especially since Vortex rejoined. Nedland, Vintersorg, and Vortex = :shred:

Not saying I dislike the rest, but I love everything those threee put out.
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:03 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Neck-Wrecker wrote:I feel better knowing Symphony X was offered a spot. Now, I am very curious as to why x turned it down. Love these guys, and would have been so much more pumped for them had they decided to go.

One of them had issues with being too cool to.want to interact with fans cause he'd be stuck on a boat

That's sad
    Though if past interactions are any clue, I am pretty sure I know which member would feel that way
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:47 am

viathyn wrote:I don't recall anyone requesting grind, alternative, drone, funk, industrial, metalcore, nu, post, or stoner metal!

I seem to remember quite a few stoner bands, like Down and The Sword (Austin), being requested. The others don't belong. :smoking:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
Post Reply 34 posts Page 1 of 1