Post Reply 167 posts
70K 2012 Recap (Highlights/Lowlights/Final Numbers, etc)
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: 70K 2012 Recap (Highlights/Lowlights/Final Numbers, etc)

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:10 am

EvilDan wrote:Really, I didn't get to speak with anyone as much as I would have liked.

Given that we have different tastes, I was surprised at how much I saw you. Going on the Rock and Roll Ribs trip also helped a bit with socializing time.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:14 am

Number of sets seen: uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhm, good question. I almost didn't see any full set exept both shows of Kataklysm and Children of Bodom, but the total would be around 25

Favorite Performance(s): Children of Bodom (second show), Kataklysm (second show), Orphaned Land (second show), Cannibal Corpse (second show)

Least Favorite Performance(s): Of the ones I have seen: the first show of Tristania... don't really like it, but a friend wanted to see it, and the show suck BIG times

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): All the crazy karaoke people hahaha. I laughed tears during Frank Mullen.
    And the day where everyone went to the Caymans and we had a very very very bad hangover, so stayed on the ship. It was so peacefull and quiet and sooooooo relaxing. Sitting with my feet in the hot tub, totally chilling and no 2000 screaming metalheads around me!

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: none, that's for fanbois :P (ok ok... we did an interview with Kataklysm, but that was for the website :P )
    Total Bill: $127 (it's good to be a girl.. everybody gave me drinks haha... )

Other Highlights: Standing in boarding line next to my youth heroes haha :P (CoB)
    Meeting nice people!

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: http://www.metal-exposure.com :) (soon) and some on my facebook
    www.metal-exposure.com
  • Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 am

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I might've snuck in a few under the covers while we were sleeping :mrgreen:

Ewwwwwwwww! though if I didn't notice I guess they weren't too bad :lol:

Well you did complain about how hot it was in the bed :lol:

Doh Jeezus, will you two just get a room??
    Oh wait, that is actually what you did...
    Carry on, then!
    :cheers:
    2012 - There for MDB, worth it
    2012 Barge to Hell - Ruled
    2015 - Should've gone to MDF 2014
    2016 - Awesome, best lineup since Barge
    2018 - Solid lineup, great time
    2023 - Hypo & RC
    2024 - Perhaps the best lineup yet
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:11 am

Ogre wrote:Doh Jeezus, will you two just get a room??
    Carry on, then!

They have their own thread too, they just choose not to use it.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:49 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Carry on, then!

They have their own thread too, they just choose not to use it.

We need to take over every thread :beerbang:
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Number of sets seen: 22.5....
    2xAlestorm, 1x Amorphis, 2xAnnihilator, 2x Atheist, 1x Cannibal Corpse, 1x Children of Bodom, 1x Coroner, 1x Edguy, 1x Elluvietie, 2x God Dethroned, 1x Kataklysm, 2x Moonsorrow, 1x Nightwish, 1x Orphaned Land, 1x Tankard, 1.5x Venom, 1x Whiplash

Favorite Performance(s): God Dethroned pool deck.... I didn't like their sound in the spectrum, Eluvietie (awesome performace, wish I had seen their first one), Alestorm (hilarious), Kataklysm (wish I would have seen their second set)

Least Favorite Performance(s): Children of Bodom... my glasses got kicked off by some crowd surfer and scratched to hell and Alexis throwing a tantrum and chucking his guitar.

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Playing very drunken one vs one basketball late at night with a friend of mine then very poorly attempting to play ping pong.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: none. It just wasn't in the timeline.

Other Highlights: The open mic, karaoke, snorkeling, watching one of my roomates drink himself into a stupor and then video taping him upchucking later after he passed out in the room at like 6:30pm the first night, the many many beers and strong island iced teas, watching the bartenders in th schooner set up a waterfall of jagerbombs while everyone cheered.... so many.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:23 pm

Number of sets seen: 24: Annihilator (2x), Atheist (2x), Candlemass (1x), Coroner (2x), Dark Funeral (1x), Diamond Plate (1x), Exciter (2x), Grave Digger (1x), Hammerfall (2x), Kataklysm (1x), Overkill (2x), Stratovarius (1x), Tankard (1x), Therion (1x), Venom (2x); Whiplash (1x)

Favorite Performance(s): Coroner by far was the greatest to me, I also loved Atheist, Exciter and Kataklysm, too bad that fucking Children of Boredom made me so sleepy that I couldn't see Kataklysm second show.

Least Favorite Performance(s): Whiplash didn't do much to me

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Colombian guys, Alex Fields and me hanging on the jacuzzi while Venom was playing on the pool deck, it was awesome!!!. Rob's performance on Karaoke!!

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 1, I actually learned from Lauri Porra I can play bass with more than two fingers

Number of autographs/things signed -- 0

Total Bill: About $260

Other Highlights: Dave from Annihilator paying tribute to Mark Reale on karaoke. Tristania's singer being so fucking amazing beautiful. The buffet on the ship was incredible, great food.
    Us latinos kidding with Nicolas because he was stalking Orphaned Land bassist :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 340&type=1
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:52 pm

Ogre wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Ewwwwwwwww! though if I didn't notice I guess they weren't too bad :lol:

Well you did complain about how hot it was in the bed :lol:

Doh Jeezus, will you two just get a room??
    Carry on, then!

He actually invaded my room. My poor cabinmate :cry:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:54 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Carry on, then!

He actually invaded my room. My poor cabinmate :cry:

She loved me :mrgreen:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:10 pm

Additional stats from the statsman:

Total full songs recorded on video 42.

Total running time: 3 hours 33 minutes

Think I may have to make a bootleg 70000 Tons of Metal 2012 DVD.

Coming........SOON!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:01 pm

I wished I had filmed more. I would like to see Candlemass first set again as that was my favourite of the cruise. I did film their entire second set though. And one song from each of Therion, Orphaned Land and My Dying Bride and Tristania.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Conrad wrote:I wished I had filmed more. I would like to see Candlemass first set again as that was my favourite of the cruise. I did film their entire second set though. And one song from each of Therion, Orphaned Land and My Dying Bride and Tristania.

let me know when you have the 2nd candlemass set up! magical!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:53 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Conrad wrote:I wished I had filmed more. I would like to see Candlemass first set again as that was my favourite of the cruise. I did film their entire second set though. And one song from each of Therion, Orphaned Land and My Dying Bride and Tristania.

let me know when you have the 2nd candlemass set up! magical!

I don't know how. YouTube rejected it for being too long. If you know of somewhere else I can upload it let me know.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:29 am

Number of sets seen: 36.5. 11 bands I saw 2 full sets and the rest I rounded to half (0, .5, 1, 1.5)

Favorite Performance(s): Edguy's pool set, it was fucking hilarious. Other then that, Kataklysm, Orphaned Land, Amorphis, Eluveitie, Riot, Overkill were all fantastic.

Least Favorite Performance(s): I watched a couple minutes of Tristania, Channel Zero and Sapiency, they were all pretty bad I though.

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Karaoke when Rob sang All Hands On Deck, also when Fabio sang Still Lovin You.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: None.

Total Bill: $446, bout the same as last year but I only got one shirt, so that means I drank more :beerbang:

Other Highlights: Meeting everyone again, and a lot of new people! I love this crowd. The bands weren't as social this year I thought.

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: Didn't take any, I started the photo album group so have a look there :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:08 am

Number of sets seen: Not sure, and I really don't feel like looking at the schedule to try and remember :lol:. I'd estimate 30-something sets, mostly partial sets.

Favorite Performance(s): My Dying Bride (both), Moonsorrow (both)

Least Favorite Performance(s): Tristania (I had pretty high hopes for them as I had never seen them before, I'm not sure if it was just them or the Spectrum)

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): BACON!!!!

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: I think I went to 5. Moonsorrow yelled at me for not having a beer in hand.

Total Bill: Surprisingly under $400, with near half of that on merch.

Other Highlights: Meeting people, actually getting to karaoke once this time around

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: None! The girlfriend lost her camera prior to getting on the boat :cry: I've been in some random pics, as I've been tagged on the book of face a few times now.

Other Lowlights: Missing out dining in the MOONLIGHT dining room; not having enough stamina to make it much past midnight on the first night
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 am

Number of sets seen: I think it was around the 25 mark.

Favorite Performance(s): Kamelot (both sets), Nightwish (Chorus Line Set), Edguy (Chorus Line Set), Amorphis (Chorus Line Set), Therion (Pool Deck Set 1)

Least Favorite Performance(s): Virgin Steele (Chorus Line Set), Tristania (Spectrum Set)

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Can't think of any.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: None, I have no interest in such things.

Total Bill: $299, mostly merchandise (plus that bucket of Blue Moon....)

Other Highlights:
    The cool Christmas display I found in a residential area on Grand Cayman.
    Tuup's random falling asleep.
    Meeting the guys in the interview room.
    Sharing my Blue Moon bucket with two cool guys.
    Speaking to Sean of Kamelot at length.
    Watching Anette of Nightwish and her child running around one of the ship diagrams in circles.

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: Nowhere, as I haven't uploaded them and doubt I will.

Things I did not like:
    Being woken up by the ship's horn as I was sleeping in the sun RIGHT NEXT TO IT. That thing is loud.
    Falling over on the stairs repeatedly whilst totally sober. Alcohol improved my ability to climb them successfully.
    Falling asleep during Grave Digger. When did metal have such a soporific effect?
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:29 am

Number of sets seen: 15-ish... don't really wanna look something like that...

Favorite Performance(s): god dethroned on the pool... and nightwish... i am sorry.... but they rocked...

Least Favorite Performance(s): i have to say that eluveitie is not really my thing anymore.

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): all the loving the metal croc got...

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 25+ the croc is metal as hell!!!

Total Bill: $700 dollars... a lot but okay... we were 4 peepz... 3 humanz and the boozing metal croc...

Other Highlights: seeing all the crazy's coming out of the woodwork again... and hell just drinking with the old crew... now where did i put my duck whistle...

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: on the facebook mine has none and crocky's will go up asap...
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Michaelage wrote:
    Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: on the facebook mine has none and crocky's will go up asap...

I miss the metal croc already :(

That dude rocked :headbanger:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:22 pm

nekrobarr wrote:Least Favorite Performance(s): Tristania (I had pretty high hopes for them as I had never seen them before, I'm not sure if it was just them or the Spectrum)

Haha :lol: I was the complete opposite. I had no hopes because I don't like them now that they don't have Morten AND Vibeke, and didn't even intend on seeing them at all, but neither of their shows clashed with anything else I was interested in so I gave it a shot anyway. I ended up liking it. Didn't love it, but I enjoyed it.

2019 Wishlist:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Conrad wrote:
    nekrobarr wrote:Least Favorite Performance(s): Tristania (I had pretty high hopes for them as I had never seen them before, I'm not sure if it was just them or the Spectrum)

Haha :lol: I was the complete opposite. I had no hopes because I don't like them now that they don't have Morten AND Vibeke, and didn't even intend on seeing them at all, but neither of their shows clashed with anything else I was interested in so I gave it a shot anyway. I ended up liking it. Didn't love it, but I enjoyed it.

I would have preferred to see them with Vibeke. Didn't like the new singer.
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Number of sets seen: 57

Favorite Performance(s): Annihilator, Amorphis, OverKill, Venom, Kamelot

Least Favorite Performance(s): Samael, Crowbar

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Can't choose between the forum meet-up and a very intimate sunrise on Thursday morning

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: None, I don't see the point as this whole thing is one big meet & greet

Total Bill: $800

Other Highlights: You!

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: http://www.facebook.com/kay.meertens as of tomorrow (not restricted)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Tuup wrote:Number of sets seen: 57

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I think we have a winner!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:11 am

mooyagi wrote:

Impossibru!!!! There is no way that's full sets. We figured out last year that the maximum POSSIBLE was 52.5. Still commendable though!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:13 am

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Conrad wrote:

I was trying to excuse the fact about different singers... :P
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 am

Well it is a major factor. They sounded much better when she was around, and would have been better to see live too.

2019 Wishlist:
    Ties
    Oiler

by Ties » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Number of bands seen: 42, at least one song of each of them. During the second day I realized that it could be possible to see all bands, so from that point on I organized my time plan accordingly. Difficult to say how many full sets I have seen, however, maybe 10.

Favorite Performance(s): Annihilator and Amorphis for the performance, Moonsorrow for the music, Alestorm, Tankard & Edguy for the fun.

Least Favorite Performance(s): In Extremo. Why did the singer talk German all the time?

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): When I entered the ship.

Least favorite Moment (Non-Performance): When I left the ship.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 0.

Total Bill: $318,85

Other Highlights: The Heavy Metal Beach Party on Sunday

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: On Facebook, if you be my friend. By the way, I hated people standing in front of me shooting videos but love to watch the videos on YouTube now!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:19 pm

nekrobarr wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    Conrad wrote:Haha :lol: I was the complete opposite. I had no hopes because I don't like them now that they don't have Morten AND Vibeke, and didn't even intend on seeing them at all, but neither of their shows clashed with anything else I was interested in so I gave it a shot anyway. I ended up liking it. Didn't love it, but I enjoyed it.

I was trying to excuse the fact about different singers... :P

That would only be excusable if she were equal or better :lol:
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Impossibru!!!! There is no way that's full sets. We figured out last year that the maximum POSSIBLE was 52.5. Still commendable though!

You's right, I counted the number gigs I've seen, even if it was only half a set. Some bands I saw for only one song or so, I didn't count those. I still missed bands I wanted to see though...
    But if you counted only full sets, you could never have ended up at 52.5 either ;)
    Last edited by Tuup on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:11 pm

For those who are interested to read our recap from the cruise we doing one day post for everyday now on our website http://achillesblogg.se/

Its in Swedish but it uses Google translate, which i have checked the translation and it works alright. tomorrow Captain Avatar will post day three George town. After the cruise recap we will upload all pictures with vegemite, armageddon, vikings, alestorms and all other shit on the site free for everyone to use ofc.

Take care fellow metalheads !
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
  • drrock
    Crewman

by drrock » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Biggest fail on that cruise: Both Candlemass gigs at 2-30 in the night... Love´d to see them around 8 pm or so... Tnhe guys definitely deserved a better time to perform!!
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:02 am

Laura wrote:
    last_candle wrote:Other Highlights:
    the Miami Heat game versus the Knicks, awesome game!
    you mean during the cruise? maybe Laura's laughing fit on the stairs - it took her forever to get up to the pool deck for Therion ("Simon, where are we going again?")

:oops: :roll: :lol: oh good grief! Ha - that was after In Extremo in the Chorus Line (which btw - you had me and Margie in total stitches laughing re your comments about the stinky "they must have let homeless people on the boat" metalheads up front by the stage. And what the heck? No excuses for being stinky on a cruise ship! :lol: :lol: )

Anyway...regarding my silly :trashdrink: :trashdrink: :trashdrink: behavior *that* night....I say (to use an English saying) turn about is fair play! :lol:

Do you remember the following night (early morning - 5 a.m.?) during karaoke when you insisted on sitting with me on the same chair? And deciding to take a bunch of extreme close-up pix? (ok - I think that was my idea :lol: )...and you doing awesome and wild & crazy dancing with Craig's wife Nilay? :P
    GOOD TIMES were had by all I tell 'ya!!
    :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

äääääähm, not remembering everything :D
    those pictures with you came as a surprise, but they aren't too bad...actually quite nice ;)
    the next morning I remembered something about dancing and Nilay...but it was all a big blur :D
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    DarkStalker
    Crewman

by DarkStalker » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:43 am

Overall this was my frist and won't be my last
    Shows:29
    Fav performance: therion (both set this was the band I really wanted to see live),cannibal corpse ( it CC I expected what they gave) overkill , suffocation (ppppow) ,MDB,tristina,alestorm (x2)
    Least: dark funeral ( wanted more outta these guys I guess),Stratovarious ( wasn't feeling for it) ,COB ( expect more)
    Meet/greet:11 had time period wasn't watching for bands wife was waiting to get merch so I went to other line behold meet and greet. I ran into alot of band outside of it but didn't want to bug them.(was a stagehand for 3 years so still stuck in mind not to bother talent)
    Spent: $489 mostly on merch wife loves merch
    Comment: meet forumites here and there but dashed away as soon as I said hi I am Eric aka DarkStalker all except Marlo kept bumping into her everywhere.
    Biggest lol moments : frank ( sorry man you were toasted) the inception of I am in a pool in a boat in the middle of the ocean listening to alestorm wtf, doing karaoke to 3 lil pigs and forgetting the 1st verse with a blown voice at 7am.
    On side note I was helping my friend that was with me to help ask one of her favorite band to let him propose during there set Tristiana did and she said yes got video of it just got load with 2k pics we took.
    Regrets: no chilling out more with ppl
    We will make everything metal...
    2012 survivor from hell
    2014 Last Run of the Magisty
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:33 am

DarkStalker wrote:doing karaoke to 3 lil pigs and forgetting the 1st verse with a blown voice at 7am.

So that was you doing it :lol:
    DarkStalker
    Crewman

by DarkStalker » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Aye it was and normally I don't forget but like I said 7am cause I told myself I am not leaving till I do my one song damn it
    We will make everything metal...
    2012 survivor from hell
    2014 Last Run of the Magisty
    Anka
    Petty Officer

by Anka » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:31 am

WOW!!! :shock: looking at your numbers i think i did pretty well, and I was sooo upset about missing out on a few bands... i was discouraged about the possibility to see all shows, but i must say i saw over 44 sets (+ or - a couple of songs here and there plus a few partials except the 44)
    Of course, you didn't see me socializing much, and i apologize for that, but this was way too awesome to miss :mrgreen:

Probably i was more motivated because i had to write a review for a webzine as well :)
    No band request signature. Surprise me!
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:17 am

DarkStalker wrote:Comment: meet forumites here and there but dashed away as soon as I said hi I am Eric aka DarkStalker all except Marlo kept bumping into her everywhere.

I got that from a lot of people. I think its cause I didn't really stay in one spot for any length of time and was so damn A.D.D. :lol: At least I was able to see/meet more of you this year! :beerbang:

Hope you and your wife are doing well! Was fun to hang out with you guys a bit!
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:35 am

Number of sets seen: Not enough. Like, 15-20 I think? Maybe I'll count someday.

Favorite Performance(s): Nightwish, of course. They were who I came for, they've never failed me. Kamelot blew my mind. Therion was impressive as hell.

Least Favorite Performance(s): Moonsorrow's first set. Maybe I'm just not into them anymore, but it didn't catch me. Actually that's not true, I think Tristania let me down more. The new singer's okay, but not as good. Also I haven't listened to them in ten years, they're a very different band now. I just need to find Sirenia on tour somewhere.

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Meeting the band members that I did. Conversation would have been cool, but it was my first time ever being star struck, I didn't know how much it would floor me. Otherwise, all the talks with Rob, discussing Corona with Gnoff, Marlo coming and saying hi (I think she was the first forumite we spoke to, it made us feel much more at home there)... Jager with Jake. So much jager for one shot. Honorable mentions include the Anal-Eater story, Rab singing with Alestorm, the security guys being so awesome for Nightwish on the Pool Deck, and meeting Andy.

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: Nightwish and Alestorm. I was content to find people wandering around drunkenly, but Bailey wanted autographs and didn't want to have to carry her stuff on the off chance she ran into someone.

Total Bill: Food: 25. Drink: 45. Merch: 400.

Other Highlights: The whole damn thing was a highlight!

Where Can We See Your Pictures/Videos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 073&type=3 It should be visible. If not, add me. I want all of you on my list anyway!
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
  • cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Number of sets seen: 38ish mostly full sets, a few 15-30 minute sets

Favorite Performance(s): Therion night show on the deck, Candlemass with original singer set was a close second. Both Grave Digger sets.

Least Favorite Performance(s): Virgin Steele, both sets had shitty sound, too much drums. Tried to watch Cannibal Corpse but the monotone growls and blast beats put me to sleep on a deck chair.

Favorite Moment (Non-Performance): Turtle Burgers, Jamacian Ginger Beer and Cayman with Moxie and Isabel

Number of Meet-And-Greets/Clinics Attended: 0

Total Bill: like 250, plus way too much cash on crappy Miami bus rides and switching hotels from the Haitian Hood

Other Highlights: Bullshitting about obscure bands with Jeffery. Having dinner with some Vancouverites. Meeting a lot of the forumites. Shooting hoops with metalheads, especially the Spaniard with the Dirk Mavs jersey. Poor man's snorkeling in the hotel beach. All of Captain Metal's great shows.

Other Disappointments: Motel Blu, Not being in a great mental or physical state for the cruise and trip. Being too tired to make it for the 5am Tankard pool deck show. Missing My Dying Bride both times. Standing in merch line for 3 hours to find out half the bands had no merch.
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Had a cool time hangin' on Cayman, for sure dude!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Eternity wrote:Least Favorite Performance(s): Moonsorrow's first set. Maybe I'm just not into them anymore, but it didn't catch me.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is seriously blowing my mind.