Post Reply 174 posts
Which are you choosing: Barge to Hell OR 70K 2013 ?
  • Which cruise are you going on?

Barge to Hell - definite
    6%
    Barge to Hell - pending lineup
    5%
    70K 2013 - definite
    29%
    70K 2013 - pending lineup
    13%
    Both - definite
    7%
    Waiting to choose based on lineup
    36%
    Neither - due to finances
    2%
    Neither - due to other reasons
    3%

Total votes: 101
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Which are you choosing: Barge to Hell OR 70K 2013 ?

by mooyagi » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:46 pm

gnoff wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Perhaps. Guess we'll never know though :lol:

we can always speculate and bitch :D

It's certainly fun to do
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:56 pm

They should do them two weeks in a row, with a weekend in between to sleep out our hangovers in Miami and recharge for the really heavy stuff :mrgreen:
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:03 pm

I most definitely cannot do the Barge to Hell, it is at a terrible time for me. I work at a grocery store, and due to the amount of Welfare recipients, we cannot request the first ten days of any month off...plus December is such a shitty time for me to plan a vacation with all the family and work stuff going on. January was perfect for me, so I'm hoping that they keep 70k going in the end of January or at the end of February. Personally, I think UMC will have no problem filling both boats no matter how close they are together. UMC has proved that they can just about book whoever the fuck they want and the bands alone is enough to make people want to shell out all their money. However, now that more people got a taste of 70k this year (myself included) many people will also book just to be out in the open sea and sun with approximately 2000+ other metalheads. :cheers:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:37 am

First week of December works for me actually. All my co workers who have seniority usually take the week before or after Xmas, so that leaves the beginning of the MONTH wide open. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Last edited by KevinP on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:50 am

I am out for Barge from Hell even though it sounds like the one I would prefer. I am in grad school and last two days of class are December 6th and 7th. Fuck me. I sure hope they don't leave all the death/doom/thrash/industrial metal bands off 70K if that's the only one I can make.
    Zirconia
    Crewman

by Zirconia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Its gonna be so hard to choose, my metal taste says Barge.... but my heart says 70k and party depending on who goes to which......
    Also December 3 weeks before Christmas isn't the easiest time to get out of work!!!!!
    2011, 2012, 2015 Survivor, BTH 2012 Survivor!!!! \m/\m/
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:11 pm

The timing for BTH is perfect for me. Not a celebrator of xmas, I find that week perfect to visit Florida. I did it last year when I went down for Judas Priest on November 30th and flew home December 4th. :)
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:03 pm

While BTH is more suited to the sub-genres of metal that I prefer, the December dates are what is conflicting for me especially since I will be going to the States again in July. In addition to that, everything is more expensive in December because it is holiday season and it's harder to get time off work in that time of the year because everyone wants time off.

However, if the bands are just too good, I may just have to book. At this time though, I am aiming for 70K 2013 as a possibility given that the lineup is brilliant.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Well i am addicted to metal cruises now. totally hooked. 5 days of relaxing good times. I would be heartbroken if the Majesty sailed without me to Nassau.....

Too bad Compass closed down, wanted to visit there as Maiden recorded many killer albums there

http://www.compasspointstudios.com/

Oh well we can always go party on Anna Nicole Smith's and sons grave.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... d=2193449&
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Anka
    Petty Officer

by Anka » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:24 am

Barge to Hell - almost definite, pending better salary :)
    I loved this year's lineup but somehow i wished for a couple more heavier bands (eg, death metal, black metal) so i really need to be part of an extreme, heavy experience on a cruise ship.
    No band request signature. Surprise me!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:54 am

Barge being in early December seems like a good time for me (6th is the Independence Day of Finland and a national holiday, so that week is a three-day-workweek anyhow.
    January is better still as it's usually fucking cold here then and two weeks away from the cold, well, is a good thing. But I guess I'll wait to see the initial lineups for both. If 70k will get bigger, Barge would be better for me. And I'm pretty sure the bands would be more suiting for me on Barge (yes, Kevin, I know there might not be any girly stuff there :lol: ).
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:10 am

KevinP wrote:First week of December works for me actually. All my co workers who have seniority usually take the week before or after Xmas, so that leaves the beginning of the MONTH wide open. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Same here! So stoked on the dates! I never take off any time week before or after Christmas anyways on principle (so people with kids are able to get the time off, makes sense to me). Plus I'll miss a ton of bullshit with work (everyone tries to refinance before Christmas :roll: ).
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:04 am

Memnoch wrote:And I'm pretty sure the bands would be more suiting for me on Barge (yes, Kevin, I know there might not be any girly stuff there :lol: ).

I'll expect you to be in somewhat of a bad mood then :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • CountessBathory
    Oiler

by CountessBathory » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:34 pm

I would like to go on barge, but I can't get more time off in the year for that. I would love to go on 70k next year, and my boss has pretty much told me to let him know the dates when they are announced and it's all good. I think the barge lineup would suit my taste better, but 70k was pretty much the best week of my life and the variety was good. lol The atmosphere was just awesome!
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:05 pm

BARGE.

Unless my or my wife's work schedule won't allow for it. In that case, we'll settle for 70k (not in a bad way....just want to try the first Barge run with 100% brutal shit). We can't do both financially.
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:30 am

To be honest ...For first time I HATE to have a choice, first of all this cruises split all the metal family in 2 camps basically. Most of us Europeans cant go on both, I mean we still have alot of metal festivals to attend to in the summer.
    Unless you´re a lottery winner you cant go on both barge and 70k. And also the dilemma that you started at 70k as pioneers, I would love to end as a legend or a veteran. But Barge to hell sounds like alot more of my taste in the metal music.

So where the hell do people go? It will depend on bands and where people are going, since its always a fuckin pleasure to meet everyone again. I also thought about this lineup would devstate my soul, what the fuck should I/we choose, if 50 % of your favorite bands play on barge and the rest on 70k...And then the same choice with friends.

Just for example:

70k: Motorhead, Turisas, Finntroll, Sabaton, Airbourne, Sirenia, Dalriadia
    Barge to hell: Behemoth, Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth, Hypocrisy, Vader
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:14 am

ok....the more I think about it - I really want to do Barge to Hell - If it truly is going to be December 3-7 - these dates work for me because it's at least a few weeks before Christmas, plus no-one I work with ever takes time off then.

So, Andy - we've all been really, really patient and YOU DID TELL MARLO AND ME :P IN PERSON ON THE BOAT that some of the BtH bands were going to be announced on the last day of 70K...plus that booking would commence a few weeks post cruise.

So, what gives? Let's get this show (uh, Barge) on the road already! :lol: :lol:

One last thing - I've yet to buy a 70K 2011 or 2012 shirt (yes, I'm lame) - but will most certainly try to get a shirt with the Barge to Hell logo - awesome, simply awesome....kudos to whoever designed it! :cool:

2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:11 am

Wow Laura, I am surprised you did not by a 70K shirt. :)
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:48 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:Wow Laura, I am surprised you did not by a 70K shirt. :)

:P The main reason I didn't get a shirt either year was that I didn't want to deal with the merch line...and then toward the tail end of both cruises when I checked, they were sold out in my size - d'oh! - when I get a round to it, I think I may try to buy one from at least one of the 2 years - that is, if they are available. :P

The other thing is - I almost feel like I've reached my music t-shirt maximum limit! :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:24 pm

I feel like I've reached that limit 200 shirts ago, but still I bought one ;)
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:45 pm

Tuup wrote:I feel like I've reached that limit 200 shirts ago, but still I bought one ;)

That is me with Harley Davidson dealership t-shirts. I quit buying them a few years ago. I did pick one up in the Cayman Islands though. :cool:
    Last edited by Sgt. B on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:00 pm

I have 5 days of vacation this year reserved for the Barge to Hell if the lineup interests me. The dates work well for me to get the time off. I'm going to try to see what I can save so that I can hopefully do both cruises (BtH & 70K 2013). A lot will depend on the lineups & what my roommates from this year are doing.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Laura wrote:So, Andy - we've all been really, really patient and YOU DID TELL MARLO AND ME :P IN PERSON ON THE BOAT that some of the BtH bands were going to be announced on the last day of 70K...plus that booking would commence a few weeks post cruise.

So, what gives? Let's get this show (uh, Barge) on the road already! :lol: :]

You should know better than to assume any timeline :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Laura wrote:ok....the more I think about it - I really want to do Barge to Hell - If it truly is going to be December 3-7 - these dates work for me because it's at least a few weeks before Christmas, plus no-one I work with ever takes time off then.

So, Andy - we've all been really, really patient and YOU DID TELL MARLO AND ME :P IN PERSON ON THE BOAT that some of the BtH bands were going to be announced on the last day of 70K...plus that booking would commence a few weeks post cruise.

So, what gives? Let's get this show (uh, Barge) on the road already! :lol: :lol:

One last thing - I've yet to buy a 70K 2011 or 2012 shirt (yes, I'm lame) - but will most certainly try to get a shirt with the Barge to Hell logo - awesome, simply awesome....kudos to whoever designed it! :cool:

Haha you got trolled by Andy :lol:
    Skwizgar
    Petty Officer

by Skwizgar » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Laura wrote:ok....the more I think about it - I really want to do Barge to Hell - If it truly is going to be December 3-7 - these dates work for me because it's at least a few weeks before Christmas, plus no-one I work with ever takes time off then.

That logo reminds me of something.

Doodly-ding-dong-tick-tock! Doodly-ding-dong-tick-tock!

Amon Amarth - Gorgoroth - (the reanimated corps of) Celtic Frost - Bloodhag -[b] [b]- um, what where we talking about?
    Fa MetalKween
    Oiler

by Fa MetalKween » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Kev, it depends where you go... we shall follow the viceroy of vegemite!!

Seriously now, depends on the lineup and the size of the 70K ship. I loved the intimacy at 70K. Not only did I meet great folks from all over the world, but I was also able to get close to the stage without great fear of getting trampled. That said, I will book on the ship where Kreator is announced, if this happens, which I would like very much!! If ze germans are not announced, then the size of the ship matters. :D
    TOXIC HOLOCAUST - LICH KING - SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - MUNICIPAL WASTE - OBITUARY - AUTOPSY - DARK ANGEL - DESTRUCTION
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Fa MetalKween wrote:Kev, it depends where you go... we shall follow the viceroy of vegemite!!

Email Andy and let him know. That should help in getting my wishlist bands :death: :lol: :lol: :death:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Barge To Hell posted on Facebook a few minutes ago.

300 days until you will embark on your trip to the undead... the BARGE TO HELL is coming! Who will be the first ones on board?
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:04 am

Metalwrath wrote:

Haha you got trolled by Andy :lol:

:cry: indeed, we were! Although come to think of it, should we have trusted someone with an expression like this? :lol: (meanwhile, Marlo and I are all happy because we felt like we just got THE BIG SCOOP on BtH (or at least a teaser for THE BIG SCOOP!) :roll: :lol:
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:06 am

Laura wrote: :P The main reason I didn't get a shirt either year was that I didn't want to deal with the merch line...and then toward the tail end of both cruises when I checked, they were sold out in my size - d'oh! - when I get a round to it, I think I may try to buy one from at least one of the 2 years - that is, if they are available. :P

The other thing is - I almost feel like I've reached my music t-shirt maximum limit! :lol:

We went on the last day. I got the last Kataklysm girlie tank and I got a 2012 70K hoodie. I have plenty of t-shirts, so I went with the hoodie. :beerbang:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Laura wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Haha you got trolled by Andy :lol:

:cry: indeed, we were! Although come to think of it, should we have trusted someone with an expression like this? :lol: (meanwhile, Marlo and I are all happy because we felt like we just got THE BIG SCOOP on BtH (or at least a teaser for THE BIG SCOOP!) :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He looks terrified! Although I partially don't blame him, considering what mongers all of us are for news and even knowing what kind of posters the two of us are on here: Laura's occasional "wall of text" and my jokes about BJ offers for bands (see my wishlist Andy. MAKE THE ROMANCE HAPPEN! YOU HAVE THE POWER!). I was upset on the Thursday, missed Dark Funeral so I could go to that "special event - soon" right after the Jeff Waters clinic because I was expecting them to make Barge announements after he had told us that :cry: At least I was able to watch Hodgy play with the guys from Annhilator though!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:20 pm

My idea of the event was, someone will tell me after they go and I won't miss a band because of it. :mrgreen:

If they were handing out wishlist slips, then I might have gone :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:16 pm

gnoff wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    He looks terrified! Although I partially don't blame him, ... and my jokes about BJ offers for bands (see my wishlist Andy. MAKE THE ROMANCE HAPPEN! YOU HAVE THE POWER!).

That was my first thoughts! :lol:

vikingbitch wrote:I was upset on the Thursday, missed Dark Funeral :cry:

:shock:

scared of the Marlo-beast for sure! LOL
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Marlo rules, I really need to have a beer with her on the next cruise. :)
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:45 am

WizardBeast wrote:scared of the Marlo-beast for sure! LOL

:oops: :lol:

Right after this picture was taken:

Me: Thank you so much for booking Kataklysm, they really have made my entire week. Umm, did you by any chance see my reaction to their announcement on the forum?

Andy: Yup *nods head fervently with same terrified look* :lol:

Just WAIT until Amon Amarth AND Kataklysm are announced. If done at the same time..... hopefully for my coworkers the announcement will be made while I'm not at work.... :lol:

TOM CRUISE wrote:Marlo rules, I really need to have a beer with her on the next cruise. :)

We officially have a beer date on Barge :mrgreen: :pound: Now if we only knew the bands we would be enjoying said beer to.....
  • vaderite666
    Petty Officer

So who is planning on for BTH for sure?

by vaderite666 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:02 pm

I really hope to be able to attend both BTH and the 2013 cruise. 2012 was my first time, so I hope to see many of the awesome people I met. Who is planning on going to BTH for sure, or thinks they will very likely attend? :metalguy:
    In Extremo/Saltatio Mortis/Old Man's Child/Cathedral/Thrudvangar/Thulcandra/Iron Fire/Hyberia/Catamenia/Eisbrecher/Varg/Forefather/Nomans Land/Accept/Angel Witch/Ghost/Burning Saviors/Electric Wizard/Hollenthon/Kalmah/Power Wolf/Black Pyramid/Running Wild
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

Re: So who is planning on for BTH for sure?

by Badgerbomb300 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:29 pm

Might be have to see what the starting line up is to make the final decision, but 70K2012 was my first cruise also and it was definitely bad ass. :headbanger:
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:38 pm

I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Thank you for "the pimping" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm really worried all the bands I want to see will end up on Barge to Hell because I don't think I will have the vacation time by December to go on Barge to Hell. I'd rather just go on 70000 tons 2013.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ