Post Reply 68 posts
Make sure to send a Thank You note to Royal Caribbean!
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

Make sure to send a Thank You note to Royal Caribbean!

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:14 am

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do?ref=postcmnt

When I was younger, my father and stepmother always made me read these stupid freaking "etiquette" books... seriously. Not a joke. I fucking hated writing thank you notes. I thought it was stupid.

Now, I am so glad I did, because now I actually have someone that I honestly feel like thanking! They would prolly be mortified to know that I am using their teachings for METAL!! Muahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

Sooo in addition to thanking Andy et al, everyone make sure to send a thanks to RC!

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do?ref=postcmnt
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: Make sure to send a Thank You note to Royal Caribbean!

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:18 am

Good idea! I think a good chunk of us did this last year. I'll do mine when I get a chance!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:37 am

Stained Class wrote:Good idea! I think a good chunk of us did this last year. I'll do mine when I get a chance!

Yeah, I threw this idea out there last year... thought it was a good idea to do it again. :beerbang:
    SURVIVOR:

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:21 am

What's in it for me? Complaints keep them on their toes. Compliments make them rest on their laurels :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 am

i'll send them a thanks you note when they give me back my bag and jacket ;)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:54 am

KevinP wrote:What's in it for me? Complaints keep them on their toes. Compliments make them rest on their laurels :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is RC we're talking about, not UMC. Nothing's stopping you from mentioning what could have been done better ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:01 am

Stained Class wrote:
    KevinP wrote:What's in it for me? Complaints keep them on their toes. Compliments make them rest on their laurels :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is RC we're talking about, not UMC. Nothing's stopping you from mentioning what could have been done better ;)

Yeah technically the link is for a post-cruise complaining/comments. You don't actually have to thank them, but that's what I did. I thought RC staff was awesome. But Kevin is right.... whether it's RC or UMC, complaints will keep them on their toes. But I definitely made mention of the "little" people like my room attendant and my favorite server. Those people work hard, get paid very little and they deserve a little recognition, no matter how small, for making my trip that much more enjoyable. It's not like I thanked the captain for not sinking the ship, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to mention that as well. :beerbang:
    SURVIVOR:

vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:12 am

stoverkill wrote:When I was younger, my father and stepmother always made me read these stupid freaking "etiquette" books... seriously. Not a joke.

:lol: That's adorable!

The room attendants were awesome, they invited me to drink shots of vodka with them and one of them gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek before getting off the boat :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:15 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:When I was younger, my father and stepmother always made me read these stupid freaking "etiquette" books... seriously. Not a joke.

:lol: That's adorable!

The room attendants were awesome, they invited me to drink shots of vodka with them and one of them gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek before getting off the boat :lol:

I was so drunk at points, i was kissing Myra, my beer attendant on the cheek :oops:
    SURVIVOR:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:51 pm

Did this last year and got what amounted to an auto reply that everyone else got. They sending personalized responses out this year?
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:59 pm

i don't care about the auto reply thing - i did a thank you last year and did one again this year, i think it's very *nice* and my mom and grandma both pounded etiquette stuff into my head when i was young, too, Stoverkill!

Here's what i wrote:

I just wanted to take the time to thank the staff of Royal Caribbean for helping to make this such an amazing cruise. I very much hope any "risk" incurred by taking on a SHIP full of metal-heads is worth it to you, because we are very happy with the service and treatment we receive "onbroad" (that's how WE say on board). Thank you so much for providing excellent, reliable, consistent, friendly service. Can't wait to be on every metal cruise offered in the future (I am a return customer from last year too). Our captain and his crew are to be commended! Thanks!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 pm

Oh and BTW. I don't know if y'all filled out those survey cards in the cabins and turned them in or not. I am almost positive I didn't do it last year, but this year I made sure to fill it out and drop it off. I was told that the room attendants lively-hoods rely very heavily on those surveys. My room attendant practically begged me to fill out it and make sure to turn it in myself. They do not count it if you just leave it in the room because the attendants can just fill it out themselves. There was a special drop-box for them by guest services.

*** my room attendant fill beer bucket with ice every day! so nice to get up from a nap and have cold beer waiting for me! :beerbang:
    SURVIVOR:

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:34 pm

stoverkill wrote:Oh and BTW. I don't know if y'all filled out those survey cards in the cabins and turned them in or not. I am almost positive I didn't do it last year, but this year I made sure to fill it out and drop it off. I was told that the room attendants lively-hoods rely very heavily on those surveys. My room attendant practically begged me to fill out it and make sure to turn it in myself. They do not count it if you just leave it in the room because the attendants can just fill it out themselves. There was a special drop-box for them by guest services.

Did this last year, but but this time around, simply forgot. I can't say that I saw it. So hopefully one of my roommates took the time to do it. :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:34 pm

stoverkill wrote:Oh and BTW. I don't know if y'all filled out those survey cards in the cabins and turned them in or not. I am almost positive I didn't do it last year, but this year I made sure to fill it out and drop it off. I was told that the room attendants lively-hoods rely very heavily on those surveys. My room attendant practically begged me to fill out it and make sure to turn it in myself. They do not count it if you just leave it in the room because the attendants can just fill it out themselves. There was a special drop-box for them by guest services.

*** my room attendant fill beer bucket with ice every day! so nice to get up from a nap and have cold beer waiting for me! :beerbang:

There was also a drop box on the way out of the ship, just outside the dining room that the line went through. Where did you get a survey card? I don't recall seeing one.
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:37 pm

On that note.... whether or not Royal C replies with a form letter or not (mine was a hybrid)... they do in fact take those very seriously and when you mention people by name, those people get the credit they deserve...
    SURVIVOR:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:37 pm

stoverkill wrote:On that note.... whether or not Royal C replies with a form letter or not (mine was a hybrid)... they do in fact take those very seriously and when you mention people by name, those people get the credit they deserve...

I'm filling one out now. I just get the impression with auto reply type messages that my comments aren't read
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:38 pm

mooyagi wrote:There was also a drop box on the way out of the ship, just outside the dining room that the line went through. Where did you get a survey card? I don't recall seeing one.

It was in my cabin on the table/vanity thing
    SURVIVOR:

stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:40 pm

mooyagi wrote:I'm filling one out now. I just get the impression with auto reply type messages that my comments aren't read

I know they read mine, because the reply included comments of mine about specific people I wanted to thank.... those guys at RC are very very smart.... it isn't AT&T. Customer happiness is their business.
    SURVIVOR:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:45 pm

stoverkill wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I'm filling one out now. I just get the impression with auto reply type messages that my comments aren't read

I know they read mine, because the reply included comments of mine about specific people I wanted to thank.... those guys at RC are very very smart.... it isn't AT&T. Customer happiness is their business.

Guess I'll see what the response says ;) Had to send a special thanks to the host at dinner who sat Kate and I at our very own table instead of with a group of you random schlubs :P
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Considering my bar tab, they shall thank me.
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:52 pm

mooyagi wrote:Guess I'll see what the response says ;) Had to send a special thanks to the host at dinner who sat Kate and I at our very own table instead of with a group of you random schlubs :P

well, like i said.. mine was a hybrid.... most of it was form letter, but there were a few places where the syntax was a little off where the email mentioned the people I wanted to thank. they were letting me know they read it. it was inserted weirdly in the middle.
    SURVIVOR:

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:06 pm

Done :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:04 am

stoverkill wrote:*** my room attendant fill beer bucket with ice every day! so nice to get up from a nap and have cold beer waiting for me! :beerbang:

My room attendant did no such thing and actually stole beers out of my containers. And rummaged through our bags. They'll get no such thanks from me.

On a different topic, do they put up the pictures they took on a website? They took a bunch on the last day, with no chance of displaying them.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:13 am

EvilDan wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:*** my room attendant fill beer bucket with ice every day! so nice to get up from a nap and have cold beer waiting for me! :beerbang:

My room attendant did no such thing and actually stole beers out of my containers. And rummaged through our bags. They'll get no such thanks from me.

On a different topic, do they put up the pictures they took on a website? They took a bunch on the last day, with no chance of displaying them.

Yikes! I hope you send a note to RC about that. Chances are, nothing comes of it but ya never know.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:24 am

EvilDan wrote:

I think we may have had the same room attendant, since we were so close in proximity. Our stuff appeared rummaged through a bit, and a lot of our stuff was definitely mixed up. Yeah, I know they were cleaning shit, but they could at least try and keep things somewhat separate.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:28 am

nekrobarr wrote:I think we may have had the same room attendant, since we were so close in proximity. Our stuff appeared rummaged through a bit, and a lot of our stuff was definitely mixed up. Yeah, I know they were cleaning shit, but they could at least try and keep things somewhat separate.

That's disturbing! Hell yeah make sure to tell them about that..... :evil:
    SURVIVOR:

stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Got my response from Royal Caribbean... pretty nice. I don't think it's totally a form letter... again kind of a hybrid....

Dear Mr. Stover:

Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International. I am pleased to be handling your correspondence.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions of your cruise. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the experience on the Majesty of the Seas. We work very hard to offer our guests a quality vacation, and we are grateful for your recognition of our efforts.

Our shipboard team is committed to offering the best experience possible, and we are truly grateful to receive your encouraging feedback. I am particularly happy to learn of the superior level of service you received from your stateroom attendant Jeffrey Mateo and your dining room attendant Myra Sandoval. It is nice to hear that the extra attention they provided to you impacted your cruise experience in such a positive way. It is a pleasure to pass along such positive comments to our shipboard management team so that both of them may be recognized for their dedication to fine service.

Mr. Stover, we are very happy you chose to sail with us. We sincerely value your continued patronage and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Majesty of the Seas again in the near future.

Sincerely,

Tiffiney Pietrzak
    Corporate Guest Relations Advocate
    Royal Caribbean International
    SURVIVOR:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Last year our room attendant rocked. Rocked so much we even remember his name - Yudi. Kept our room spotless, remembered our names, updated with the daily running orders etc, made us towel animals everyday.

This year, our room attendant SUCKED MAJORLY. Didn't see him for 99% of the time, didn't leave running sheets for a couple of days INCLUDING the important final day one, didn't leave a survey thing to fill in (probably scared of what we would say!).

So yeah, credit where credit is due - our room attendant is due NONE :evil:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:45 pm

nekrobarr wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:

I think we may have had the same room attendant, since we were so close in proximity. Our stuff appeared rummaged through a bit, and a lot of our stuff was definitely mixed up. Yeah, I know they were cleaning shit, but they could at least try and keep things somewhat separate.

I would think ours would be the same one since we were practically neighbors, but I didn't notice anything being rummaged through. He did open the door one day when we were all sleeping still around 9 am, but in his defense, someone had stolen our "do not disturb" sign
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:24 am

KDibildeaux wrote:I would think ours would be the same one since we were practically neighbors, but I didn't notice anything being rummaged through. He did open the door one day when we were all sleeping still around 9 am, but in his defense, someone had stolen our "do not disturb" sign

Still don't know what room you were in, but there was sex heard from our room. :oops:

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:36 am

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:I would think ours would be the same one since we were practically neighbors, but I didn't notice anything being rummaged through. He did open the door one day when we were all sleeping still around 9 am, but in his defense, someone had stolen our "do not disturb" sign

Still don't know what room you were in, but there was sex heard from our room. :oops:

No, no silly.....Im pretty sure that was the mating seals swimming next to the ship ;)
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:29 pm

EvilDan wrote:

:lol: well what room were you in? do you mean you could hear it in your room, or you were causing someone else to hear it? :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:30 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:

No, no silly.....Im pretty sure that was the mating seals swimming next to the ship ;)

That must have been it! :shock:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:10 am

KDibildeaux wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:

:lol: well what room were you in? do you mean you could hear it in your room, or you were causing someone else to hear it? :lol:

We were in 3045, and it was heard. I did not sex up any of the ladies. :cry:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:15 am

EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:Still don't know what room you were in, but there was sex heard from our room. :oops:

That's a shame. Did you at least sex up any of the fellas? :lol:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 am

mooyagi wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:[ :lol: well what room were you in? do you mean you could hear it in your room, or you were causing someone else to hear it? :lol:

Nope, though I did get hit on by a dude and a chick with an adam's apple. :shock:

stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:41 am

mooyagi wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:We were in 3045, and it was heard. I did not sex up any of the ladies. :cry:

Yeah buddy! Nobody else got any Big Black Dick??!?!

SURVIVOR:

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:08 am

mooyagi wrote:

He totally hooked up with some due at the Nightwish pool deck show. :shock: :lol: :lol: :shock:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:13 pm

EvilDan wrote:We were in 3045, and it was heard. I did not sex up any of the ladies. :cry:

Checked the deck plan. While you weren't too far from us, I doubt you'd be able to hear us ;). Plus neither Ryan nor I believe in premarital sex, anyways :lol: :lol: :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:20 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:

Checked the deck plan. While you weren't too far from us, I doubt you'd be able to hear us ;). Plus neither Ryan nor I believe in premarital sex, anyways :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely not. Won't even look at the bitch until there's a ring on both our fingers
Post Reply 68 posts